Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > General > Joining e*pvp
You last visited: Today at 00:18

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Application [Shaiya Section]

Discussion on Application [Shaiya Section] within the Joining e*pvp forum part of the General category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 10
Received Thanks: 5,450
Application [Shaiya Section]

Hello everybody,

As most members of the Shaiya community on elitepvpers know, my name is Chris, I'm 18 years old and since not a long time ago, I'm a free developer that doesn't have any implication in any private server project, and most likely never will again.

I started playing the game in December 2008 on the official server, and after 4 years of constantly playing it, I decided it was time to move one step forward and start developing it.

I joined the Shaiya community on elitepvpers in early 2012, and started to develop in September 2012. I'm proved to be a fast learner, and I can certainly say that in these 10 months of development I achieved more than most of those who develop for a longer time.

I certainly know more than enough about Shaiya development to be able to answer any question, just like I always do within the Shaiya section, and outside its borders when necessary.

The recent dismissal of our previous moderator, had a serious impact on the section. The lack of a Shaiya moderator is quite obvious:
  • People spamming all over the place
  • Disrespectful posts
  • Threads created in wrong sub-sections
  • Multiple advertisement threads for some private servers
  • Servers advertising on elitepvpers without any back-links
  • Other irregularities
I want to put an end to the chaos that prevails in the Shaiya section, and make it what it once was, a peaceful community where people would come to learn something new and share what they feel like sharing.

My experience with MMO's isn't that great, whereas my Shaiya experience is huge. I know mostly everything about the game as a player, and I could say the same about development.

I do believe I am mentally prepared and fit for moderating the Shaiya section. I am a very responsible person, fact that has been proven while I was running a Shaiya private server, fact that can be confirmed by most members of this community. An example of my abilities to control difficult situations coming from my experience as a Shaiya private server owner: Out of a couple of thousands of registered users, only one was banned, the rest of the situations were carefully handled, to avoid drama and other unnecessary noise. I'm not saying punishment isn't necessary, but I do believe that trying a less severe approach should be used at the first rule breaking, and only at next occurrence of such events punishment should be enforced.

While answering questions asked in the Shaiya section, I've stumbled across a lot that you may call stupid or not explicit enough, and I handled the situation quite decently, mostly by asking the person who asked the stupid question what exactly they meant, or playing Google like "Did you mean that ?", which always lead to a successful problem solving.

I don't have any previous experience as a moderator, but I hope to change this by becoming the moderator of the Shaiya Section on elitepvpers.

Something that surely matters for such an application is the fact that I speak four languages: Romanian, Russian, French and of course, English.

I love this community and would like to be a part of its reunification of our fractured groups, to grow the community and expand our player base. I have no personal agenda and I would be quite able to do this well, with no bias. I also have the time available to be able to monitor the forum regularly during the day.

I can be contacted via Skype.

Thank you for reading my application. Constructive criticism is welcome, as always.
Thanks
48 Users
Old 07/28/2013, 08:49   #2

elite*gold: 0
You have my support as well
[Admin]Blitz - Shaiya Exile
3 years running
Thanks
5 Users
Old 07/28/2013, 11:59   #3

elite*gold: 260
you have my support as well bro good luck
Thanks
3 Users
Old 07/28/2013, 12:25   #4

Broo Good Look! I'm with you, i know your knowledges. From my opinion you can do many good things in this comuniity.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 07/28/2013, 12:26   #5

elite*gold: 2590
The Black Market: 140/0/0
Received Thanks: 9,335
Are you involved in private server projects?
Old 07/28/2013, 12:30   #6

elite*gold: 10
Received Thanks: 5,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ares​ View Post
Are you involved in private server projects?
I was running a private server until the 16th of July this year. Considering the high amount of Shaiya private servers, as well as my financial situation that is not good enough to maintain a highly secured server, I decided to close it. I do not plan on joining any private server project in the near future. If I get the moderator position and I find something more important than the community, which I doubt, I will instantly notify the elitepvpers administration and step out.
Thanks
4 Users
Old 07/28/2013, 12:31   #7

elite*gold: 16
Received Thanks: 7,521
Very nice Application.

Yes.
Thanks
6 Users
Old 07/28/2013, 12:36   #8

elite*gold: 576
Chris has shown that he is one of the most experienced contributors to the Shaiya section.
He actually has alot of experience and remained active. If someone is able to answer all questions and solve further problems within the community it's him. I believe he would be an excellent moderator!

It would be a mistake not to promote him as moderator since there's one needed, and Chris is the best for this job.
Thanks
8 Users
Old 07/28/2013, 13:35   #9

Thumbs up

I support this application, i think chris aka nubness is atm the only one abble to "save" this community from the chaos going on as he is one of the more active on this section.
Btw YES shaiya section really need a moderator to finally avoid all the drama/wars/rules disrespecting.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 07/28/2013, 14:46   #10

I support Nubness all the way, we really do need Moderator here. I think he would do great,too! Good Luck!
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/28/2013, 15:37   #11

You have my support Numbness
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/28/2013, 15:57   #12

Received Thanks: 3,357
Hello to the community and Elite managers

John is no longer moderator of this forum for several weeks. The posts or behaviors that don't comply with the rules are quite numerous.

I want to express my support for the candidacy of nubness. Because he is the only one to date; but also and mainly because he is, for me, one of the best we could hope for.

Chris is not the oldest of the forum, nor the most experienced developer, but this is of no importance; he is among the most constructive and helpful in all exchanges, he can express an opinion without trying to impose it (by force or authority) and is always respectful the opinion of others.

The Shaiya section needs him.
Thanks
7 Users
Old 07/28/2013, 17:14   #13

Can't think of a better person who would fit moderator tag in shaiya section like nubness would!
Full support from me!
Thanks
4 Users
Old 07/28/2013, 21:31   #14

BUMP o.o
support to nub
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/28/2013, 23:41   #15

Received Thanks: 1,399
You have my support as always.
One of the best Shaiya Developers and also has great character. In the previous comments someone said "I can't think of an person who would be better than nubness when it comes to this. -Well.. Couldn't say it better.
Thanks
3 Users
Closed Thread