Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > General > Joining e*pvp
You last visited: Today at 15:35

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Application [Shaiya Section]

Discussion on Application [Shaiya Section] within the Joining e*pvp forum part of the General category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 150
Received Thanks: 8,977
Application [Shaiya Section]

Good evening ElitePvPers community.

I'm here to apply to be a Shaiya Section Moderator. This has come for some time now, as Shaiya Section has come to a point in which there is plenty of spam, members insulting and bashing each other, bashing each other's servers and basically doing whatever they want on threads, start chatting totally off-topic is one of the issues that can be seen on the latest threads.

On the Shaiya Community I have a lot of time being part of, as I started playing this game about 4 years ago; getting to know the game and even working on my own personal server and more recently helping on a public server that is just starting. When it comes to the development of the game, I won't say that I know everything, as I clearly don't, but when I don't know how to do something (in general) I won't say "I don't know how...." I always say "Right now I don't know, but I can try to find out the answer" and I know a lot of helpful people that I know will help when/if it is needed, same as I would to if they needed something in which I could help them out.

As a gamer itself I have spent pretty much all of my life, always have been a gamer, and the list of MMO's that I have played is large, so it wouldn't be really needed to list them all.

Besides the gaming, I am a software developer (not the best, but I'm on my way stil learning) and I have a job in which I have to be developing for a large company, knowing how to code in Visual Basic 6.0, VB.Net, Java, HTML and the learning PhP and C#.

When it comes to Moderation skills, I can say that I have experience, while I was Forum Moderator on the forum for three Shaiya Servers (one which isn't up now), plus on a couple of Guild Forums that I have been in (also for Shaiya); and at least once a day I come to ElitePvPers to check out the Shaiya Section and some other Sections of the forums like SRO/Dekaron just to mention a couple of them.

A lot of my friends call me a "forum geek" simply because every time I am on my computer I'm logged in here, reading, if needed, reporting, making posts, normally I'm trying to help out, at least when I know the answer for something, even though I could be mistaken, but the good part of that is that when someone politely points out at your mistake you can learn about it and grow a bit by learning from it.

There isn't stupid questions, the fact that some people don't know something doesn't turn them into stupid/ignorants, as we all were like them at some point, and we still are on some other topics, as we don't know everything; so I am sure that I can handle pretty well these so called "stupid" questions, because what happens the most is see people asking for something that has been answered already (this happens a lot) and there are always two alternatives, point them out on how to look for them, or give the link to the answer, both help, but it has to be done politely.

About human nature, all I can say is that on a forum a lot of people try to show themselves as someone they are not, some are themselves; I never try to show something I am not, some people might like me, some others don't, but when it comes to follow and enforce the rules I am one of the firsts to try and make them be worth, because we can't be anywhere without rules, else it would always be a dissaster.

What I haven't mentioned, I am 19 years old, and my skype is in my profile (ergo_hount) there is where I can normally be found, as I almost never use my MSN, so I don't see any need to post it.

Thank you for taking the time to read my application, and any comment is welcomed.
Thanks
6 Users
Old 10/26/2011, 05:31   #2

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 5,781
Decent application. I think you would be capable of doing this.
Old 10/26/2011, 05:35   #3

elite*gold: 3
Received Thanks: 1,335
JohnHeartz is a great forum member, he's also very active when it comes to reporting (even in the Dekaron section). Considering the situation I give him a yes.
Old 10/26/2011, 07:37   #4

elite*gold: 100
I say yes, you will make a great mod.

Good luck
Old 10/26/2011, 07:49   #5

elite*gold: 14
Received Thanks: 3,012
Yes!
Old 10/26/2011, 12:08   #6

elite*gold: 225
The Black Market: 133/0/0
Received Thanks: 1,564
I would definitely like to see you as a moderator!

Good Luck.
Old 10/26/2011, 12:15   #7

Received Thanks: 1,176
Yes, of course!
Old 10/26/2011, 12:33   #8

elite*gold: 46
Received Thanks: 4,249
Since LPH is gone we will maybe need a new Mod, i thought about myself to request for that position but you definitely deserve it!

supporting
Old 10/26/2011, 13:21   #9

elite*gold: 4
The Black Market: 124/0/0
Received Thanks: 2,604
Sure, you can do it!
Old 10/26/2011, 14:50   #10
Administrator

elite*gold: 41364
Received Thanks: 12,625
Your application is quite nice and just confirms my previous impression of you.

I'd love to see you become a member of our team.
Old 10/26/2011, 16:52   #11

elite*gold: 1
Received Thanks: 5,352
I know him because of some trading we had together. He's a friendly and cooperative member. Definitely yes!
Old 10/26/2011, 17:34   #12

elite*gold: 6851
The Black Market: 186/0/0
Received Thanks: 11,067
Your application is pretty impressive.

You would definitely fit in this position as far as i'm able to judge about it.

Good luck.

PS: 666 (thanks) the number of the beast
Old 10/26/2011, 18:17   #13

Received Thanks: 4,375
I saw him often at the browsergames section and he's very helpful. I don't know, whether you're reporting active or not, but you got my yes!
Old 10/26/2011, 22:45   #14

Received Thanks: 1,777
Without LPH I will deffentily need a new moderator, John has helped me multipul times, both on Epvpers, and off Epvpers!! There is no doubt in my mind he wouldn't be a epic mod!!
Old 10/27/2011, 00:48   #15

Received Thanks: 8,977
Thank you all for the good feedback and your support, I, myself, never thought I was going to get such a nice support; and just want to say that even if I don't make it, I will still be helping out, as I have been since I joined the community, as I have learned a lot in these forums, and have done my best to share the knowledge with other members.
Thanks
1 User
Closed Thread