Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 10:03

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Let's talk - Private servers 2020

Discussion on Let's talk - Private servers 2020 within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old 05/13/2021, 19:13   #181

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callum View Post
if SRO died in 2009 and private servers have been up and running ever since, so twelve years, what makes you think it'll die soon?
There are many owners make servers opening and closed opening and closed opening and closed are you are looking How many private servers opening every month like 15~25 servers and 80% of them just opening for pooling of funds and when The number of players decreases closed server and make new server with others names
And the situation remains as it is,I am not talking to everyone there owners server good and there not 100 million players for all this servers
Thanks
2 Users
Old 05/14/2021, 12:29   #182

elite*gold: 2700
Received Thanks: 1,894
Quote:
Originally Posted by *ICE View Post
really i hope silkroad online coming back its dead since 2009 when many people have worked private servers ,i thinks soon pservers also will be die
You think pSRO servers will die soon. However, you are looking for a developer that's a bit weird if you think that the pSRO scene is dead mate.
Old 05/14/2021, 14:21   #183
dotCom

elite*gold: 12400
The Black Market: 104/0/0
Received Thanks: 4,381
I guess it takes time, 4-5 years till the new generation got some new games to milk money.
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/18/2021, 05:28   #184

There can be good servers still, it's just a matter of focus, dedication and leadership of the community, of course, the main problem "tbh" are the servers paying for players and sides to "play their server" in exchange of their members donating to the server owners, like some sort of common mafia in most of the mmorpg servers. Once most people figure this is the main system behind mmorpg's nowadays, it will maybe, start to change... Or not... Who knows ?

This is why these simple mobile games are so successful, because they just avoid all of this... :/
Old 05/18/2021, 19:57   #185

Crawled back from the dead to post my 2 cents if anyone cares.

Being part of the SRO community i've truly seen it all, from good to bad and I would be lying if I said I was on always on the good side but that doesn't matter.

What baffles me is that a thread like this pops up from time to time, everyone is reasonable and shares their stories with some reasonable statements but then the thread dies and we go back to our lives and/or the dead Silkroad Private Server community. We have to start realising that we have grown up and this game is gone as we know it. For a server to be succesfull it needs to adapt; usually by joining the "Season x" hype or something along those lines, to get donations and then repeat because people pay, play and repeat aswell.

It would be great to hit a reset button but we don't have that do we? The community is dead and doesn't understand playing this game anymore, the corruption, paying off guilds etc is absolute insanity, I can't comprehend this behaviour, who even started this? Seeing 3500 players on a server is much more fun indeed than 103 players but the community kills the server, every single time, something happens; a guild leaves and there goes the server.

The game has become way too complicated aswell on some private servers, doing x to get y in order to do abc; alot of foreign players don't get it and quit or don't even give it a try and if there is a big team that has all of it covered, it ends up in feuds and corruption.

Most server owners don't know how to run bigger communities and don't have the patience to read and move on; thus what would benefit the community is a GMless server with just moderators, keeping the dev team completely away from the likes of public chats and such OR you have a good GM team who have no job, no wife, no kids and all kinds of time on their hands to be sitting in front of a computer all day; yeah that's what I used todo 7 ~ 8 years ago, people loved that and the servers I did that for were always full but at some point you just can't, the community sucks you dry because of greed and the influence of the bigger guilds, not only that; You start a life besides the internet.

Every time a server closes, the community loses another % of it's players, it's bad and I think it's too far gone to even be able to save it. If people actually now it still could be saved but then you can't rely on just the devs, you need a community to rely on aswell, if that ain't there... what's the point?

pSRO is sick, it needs a huge reset; whoever could make that happen (nobody really) could set a series of positive events in motion, untill then, we're just watching a slow but sure death of the game we all love(d).

Also, there is no point in pointing fingers and naming people, we've all made mistakes, is it really worth pointing out who did what? We did this together.
Thanks
5 Users
Old 05/19/2021, 13:03   #186

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinxtra View Post
Crawled back from the dead to post my 2 cents if anyone cares....
That's right, it happens with most mature MMORPG nowadays, Silkroad being one of them, but still, suffering of the same issues as well.
Old 05/27/2021, 11:34   #187

Nostalgy is what will make people back to the game, silkroad wont be dead anytime soon.
No point in talking about end of silkroad. I can guarantee you that server fails just because fail administrators.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 05/28/2021, 15:36   #188

Came back after about 12-13 years of not playing this game and all I see are some dogshit 130-140 cap servers (lol) with absurd, low rates and a *** **** grindfest. Also weird *** masteries, 330 china for 110 dg? 0 balance whatsoever, Euro on top all the time.

People thinking you're going to grind for weeks to get to max level on a private server are insane.

I'm playing on Redux so far cuz it's got somewhat of an acceptable playerbase and higher rates, but idk, feels bad being a new player on these servers, everybody's fully decked out in +10/+14 novas and I'm out there struggling to get gold and ****. Nova 11dg drops being very rare, silk items being pretty much mandatory, it's kinda mehh. I could just spend ~60$ and be decked out in nova, but what's the point?

"Play2win" servers with 1 silk/h, lol. 17 hours of playtime AT MAX LEVEL (don't forget these servers make it that you have to be max level to even be eligible for these silks) - 17 hours played at max level to get 11 reverse scrolls (1pack), that's hilarious.

Don't even get me started on the Sailor server. A server with bot rates that punishes you for botting with their inferior in-game bot by halving your droprate What's up with that? Why punish botting to level in 2021? Solo players are all ******.

It's like everybody is out there just to milk you out of your time and money. No compromises.

Almost forgot - servers tha't dont specify rates in % and just write stupid **** like "medium" etc. Like, ***** please, stop being a pretentious ***** and just state the rates so everybody knows what they're in for. If you don't have clear percentages stated in your thread don't be surprised if nobody ******* cares about your server, lol.
Old 05/28/2021, 21:54   #189

elite*gold: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliddqvist View Post
Came back after about 12-13 years of not playing this game and all I see are some dogshit 130-140 cap servers (lol) with absurd, low rates and a god damn grindfest. Also weird ass masteries, 330 china for 110 dg? 0 balance whatsoever, Euro on top all the time.

People thinking you're going to grind for weeks to get to max level on a private server are insane.

I'm playing on Redux so far cuz it's got somewhat of an acceptable playerbase and higher rates, but idk, feels bad being a new player on these servers, everybody's fully decked out in +10/+14 novas and I'm out there struggling to get gold and shit. Nova 11dg drops being very rare, silk items being pretty much mandatory, it's kinda mehh. I could just spend ~60$ and be decked out in nova, but what's the point?

"Play2win" servers with 1 silk/h, lol. 17 hours of playtime AT MAX LEVEL (don't forget these servers make it that you have to be max level to even be eligible for these silks) - 17 hours played at max level to get 11 reverse scrolls (1pack), that's hilarious.

Don't even get me started on the Sailor server. A server with bot rates that punishes you for botting with their inferior in-game bot by halving your droprate What's up with that? Why punish botting to level in 2021? Solo players are all fucked.

It's like everybody is out there just to milk you out of your time and money. No compromises.

Almost forgot - servers tha't dont specify rates in % and just write stupid shit like "medium" etc. Like, bitch please, stop being a pretentious prick and just state the rates so everybody knows what they're in for. If you don't have clear percentages stated in your thread don't be surprised if nobody fucking cares about your server, lol.
And that's why servers doesn't last long because of players like you who are ignorant and don't know what they want.
Old 05/29/2021, 12:29   #190

Quote:
Came back after about 12-13 years of not playing this game and all I see are some dogshit 130-140 cap servers (lol) with absurd, low rates and a god damn grindfest. Also weird ass masteries, 330 china for 110 dg? 0 balance whatsoever, Euro on top all the time.

I'm playing on Redux so far cuz it's got somewhat of an acceptable playerbase and higher rates, but idk, feels bad being a new player on these servers, everybody's fully decked out in +10/+14 novas and I'm out there struggling to get gold and shit. Nova 11dg drops being very rare, silk items being pretty much mandatory, it's kinda mehh. I could just spend ~60$ and be decked out in nova, but what's the point?

Don't even get me started on the Sailor server. A server with bot rates that punishes you for botting with their inferior in-game bot by halving your droprate What's up with that? Why punish botting to level in 2021? Solo players are all fucked.

Almost forgot - servers tha't dont specify rates in % and just write stupid shit like "medium" etc. Like, bitch please, stop being a pretentious prick and just state the rates so everybody knows what they're in for. If you don't have clear percentages stated in your thread don't be surprised if nobody fucking cares about your server, lol.
I didnt tryed many servers, but as far as i can see now game is more about farming arena coins, making trades, farming holy water temple thats why you get max level so fast. Now game starts after you reach max level. When you take a closer look on the servers they are much better than they were some years ago. Overall silkroad private servers gets better with time.
Of curse there are some shitty servers as always, but still game is much more entertaining than on official servers. Just give it a try. Another thing is playing a game on private sro are much cheaper than on official servers.
Old 05/30/2021, 00:12   #191

Quote:

So what you're telling me is you are playing an MMORPG and you don't want to grind? Go play mario kart or something instead.
Old 05/30/2021, 10:29   #192

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy© View Post
So what you're telling me is you are playing an MMORPG and you don't want to grind? Go play mario kart or something instead.
MMOs aren't grind only, but I understand where you're coming from if Silkroad is the only MMO you've played and don't know any better.
Old 05/30/2021, 14:18   #193

Quote:
MMOs aren't grind only, but I understand where you're coming from if Silkroad is the only MMO you've played and don't know any better.
Played every single mmo out there. Every single one of them is a grind.
Old 05/31/2021, 18:05   #194

elite*gold: 2
(unrelated) Since when does Hyperfilter have an Elitepvpers account?

Maybe instead of posting on forums, you should work on bettering your network so you don't threaten your customers to be removed from your service if their servers are getting DDoSed beyond your 500 gbps quota
Old 06/10/2021, 19:28   #195

elite*gold: 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinxtra View Post
Crawled back from the dead to post my 2 cents if anyone cares.

Being part of the SRO community i've truly seen it all, from good to bad and I would be lying if I said I was on always on the good side but that doesn't matter.

What baffles me is that a thread like this pops up from time to time, everyone is reasonable and shares their stories with some reasonable statements but then the thread dies and we go back to our lives and/or the dead Silkroad Private Server community. We have to start realising that we have grown up and this game is gone as we know it. For a server to be succesfull it needs to adapt; usually by joining the "Season x" hype or something along those lines, to get donations and then repeat because people pay, play and repeat aswell.

It would be great to hit a reset button but we don't have that do we? The community is dead and doesn't understand playing this game anymore, the corruption, paying off guilds etc is absolute insanity, I can't comprehend this behaviour, who even started this? Seeing 3500 players on a server is much more fun indeed than 103 players but the community kills the server, every single time, something happens; a guild leaves and there goes the server.

The game has become way too complicated aswell on some private servers, doing x to get y in order to do abc; alot of foreign players don't get it and quit or don't even give it a try and if there is a big team that has all of it covered, it ends up in feuds and corruption.

Most server owners don't know how to run bigger communities and don't have the patience to read and move on; thus what would benefit the community is a GMless server with just moderators, keeping the dev team completely away from the likes of public chats and such OR you have a good GM team who have no job, no wife, no kids and all kinds of time on their hands to be sitting in front of a computer all day; yeah that's what I used todo 7 ~ 8 years ago, people loved that and the servers I did that for were always full but at some point you just can't, the community sucks you dry because of greed and the influence of the bigger guilds, not only that; You start a life besides the internet.

Every time a server closes, the community loses another % of it's players, it's bad and I think it's too far gone to even be able to save it. If people actually now it still could be saved but then you can't rely on just the devs, you need a community to rely on aswell, if that ain't there... what's the point?

pSRO is sick, it needs a huge reset; whoever could make that happen (nobody really) could set a series of positive events in motion, untill then, we're just watching a slow but sure death of the game we all love(d).

Also, there is no point in pointing fingers and naming people, we've all made mistakes, is it really worth pointing out who did what? We did this together.
You know am bad at writing long/wise paragraphs, I would never have phrased it better.

I said that long time , but community mostly using there ass instead of brain so.