Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 00:30

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Let's talk - Private servers 2020

Discussion on Let's talk - Private servers 2020 within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old 03/05/2021, 21:49   #166

elite*gold: 0
im in for a non bot server as long as there is content + i like the "dungeons" like fgw
Old 04/12/2021, 04:19   #167

elite*gold: 2700
Received Thanks: 1,894
I talked about this already but it's getting worser every day as it seems. Can we stop paying people, especially guilds to join a server? Like how low can you go as a server admin to pay people to play ur game. People should be joining ur server for the server not $ they getting, really sad how low some of these admins are going I won't mention names. But I talk to people and mention that I'm working on a server and believe me all of them asked me who will you pay to play ur server. Why does that come as a first thing when talking to someone about opening a server jesus guys. This community went to ****. Tbh I can't blame admins, the guilds and players itself ruined this community now I understand why some of the admins and old Devs have left this scene. Most of this community doesn't deserve anything. Don't get me wrong there's still plenty of guilds and players who play genuinely and deserve stuff but at this point it seems like if you don't pay the big guilds to join ur server is not successful. If any of you ******* message me and ask for something just to play the server. Expect the worst. I won't allow trash into my server. I urge the other admins and Devs to do the same. Stop this **** show.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 04/12/2021, 06:10   #168

I left sro scene many years ago, I don't know why I came back but I regret it. Nothing has changed, same cycle repeating over and over again. So sad.
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/17/2021, 02:48   #169

elite*gold: 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by megaman4999 View Post
is a non bot server with 2.5years online, hardcore alchemy, 1x rates for everything
I like the concept of Origin Sro but there are people like me who dont have much time and cant play without bot.
But actually Origin is one of the best Pserver...
I wish they will allow Bot in the future so ppl like me can start there
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/18/2021, 08:19   #170

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy© View Post
I talked about this already but it's getting worser every day as it seems. Can we stop paying people, especially guilds to join a server? Like how low can you go as a server admin to pay people to play ur game. People should be joining ur server for the server not $ they getting, really sad how low some of these admins are going I won't mention names. But I talk to people and mention that I'm working on a server and believe me all of them asked me who will you pay to play ur server. Why does that come as a first thing when talking to someone about opening a server jesus guys. This community went to ****. Tbh I can't blame admins, the guilds and players itself ruined this community now I understand why some of the admins and old Devs have left this scene. Most of this community doesn't deserve anything. Don't get me wrong there's still plenty of guilds and players who play genuinely and deserve stuff but at this point it seems like if you don't pay the big guilds to join ur server is not successful. If any of you ******* message me and ask for something just to play the server. Expect the worst. I won't allow trash into my server. I urge the other admins and Devs to do the same. Stop this **** show.
That's the dumbest **** I've ever read on this forum. Imagine paying someone to play on your server. It doesn't get more stupid than that.
Old 04/18/2021, 17:40   #171

Quote:
Originally Posted by rares495 View Post
That's the dumbest **** I've ever read on this forum. Imagine paying someone to play on your server. It doesn't get more stupid than that.
That's the dumbest yes. But it's also true so
Old 04/26/2021, 21:37   #172

when watch topic i am see all server are same noting new
Old 04/30/2021, 18:44   #173

Quote:
Originally Posted by klaufix View Post
I like the concept of Origin Sro but there are people like me who dont have much time and cant play without bot.
But actually Origin is one of the best Pserver...
I wish they will allow Bot in the future so ppl like me can start there
It seems you didnt played there dont you? everyone gets a taxi on wings, you may not understand how it is possible if it was max lvl 90. I played there like 2 years, that was greatest silkroad experience i ever had. Now it became empty because of fail administration, simplicity (admin) killed the server, he just had one job, he could just not touch anything and keep earning the money. Instead he just made fail security updates which prevent 50% ppl from logging in when cmd.exe running in the background, but final nail to the coffin was cap update to lvl100. Now origin is dead.
Old 04/30/2021, 20:16   #174

Quote:
Originally Posted by paxemuman View Post
It seems you didnt played there dont you? everyone gets a taxi on wings, you may not understand how it is possible if it was max lvl 90. I played there like 2 years, that was greatest silkroad experience i ever had. Now it became empty because of fail administration, simplicity (admin) killed the server, he just had one job, he could just not touch anything and keep earning the money. Instead he just made fail security updates which prevent 50% ppl from logging in when cmd.exe running in the background, but final nail to the coffin was cap update to lvl100. Now origin is dead.
Totally agree with you Origin was great. But got ruined by poor managment. If some stuff that I heard are true than is a yikes
Old 04/30/2021, 21:43   #175

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy© View Post
Totally agree with you Origin was great. But got ruined by poor managment. If some stuff that I heard are true than is a yikes
Before simply fcked up everything there were like 1600 players online. After cap 100 update i switched to Retro but then after a year ovh burned, all files lost, but for me it was best bot server at that time.

I think most server owners are not playing the game at all or played long time ago.
lack of understanding of the players are visible. In Allusion ive seen nice ideas but lack of understanding of players habits. you cant ask people to just stop doing HWT and play how you want them to play for example. If they did it on last 10 servers for many years, you must build around that if you know what i mean

I am disappointed when i take a look at pservers now, expected more new ideas, locations, monsters and so on....
Old 05/02/2021, 07:07   #176

OK, I just read all of the thread, and I must say, damn, so many points that hit just right. And I see a shitload of posts were deleted, 10/10 move - this makes the thread a good and easy read.

I'm a terrible writer, so plz bear with me.

It's true, the community grew to a be an abhorrent pile of fungus, but I think you guys are failing to realize that this game already achieved cult status, and I don't see it just dying anytime from here to another decade.

I also want to point out a major flaw on people's opinion about the "perfect server" or the pay2win killer.

It's not the 2000's anymore.

You can't force people to play a game designed to catter the "golden age of shitty mmorpgs" standards. The grindfest was somekind of acceptable because most people didn't know any better - I was a kid, so I couldn't ask my dad to buy me a WoW/Guildwars/Lineage2 subscription, so I'm very familiarized with the korean approach.

Pservers are still forcing elements that sustain that playstyle over and over - it's not about the ride anymore. I'm sorry! but it's safe to assume that most of the current playerbase is adult, and, as such, do you really have the time to grind? to quest? to do 10x trade runs? Why do you keep asking for 1x-5x rates? The grinding all along is tiresome and unenjoyable. Yet, insta-cap servers are deemed dead-on-arrival, so there's plenty to analyze there. The point is that the game should focus on balancing the effort/reward/enjoyability aspect. All these servers state that their game is trully play2win® because end-gear is hard to get and their coin system, silk/h etc. make it fair for everyone; yet you see "wtb egy B +12 full set" in globals on your first day of joining - how exactly is this play2win?; are you winning dad? - no son, i'm getting fucked again in BA by xXxNukerNAruto666.

There's still some kind of formula out there that this game hasn't even got close to attain in order to really shine like the gem it is. There's no point expecting Joymax/Wemade/etc. will do final justice to their game, and sadly the greedy community devs are the same.

A lot of valid points were made here;

GMs' corruptability is tied to them now being reachable by the community; this results in the big guilds influence problem.

All "play2win" elements that are in place to reward players for engaging in activities - and are essential to building their char up - are monopolyzed by people who buy their way up; stupid and ironic as it sounds.

Uniques; if someone, for example, enjoys being a non-nuker, or a support character, or just by being a new player, that person is definitely excluded from the uniques experience. Str/Int uniques is a good approach, but doesn't solve this in reality. I've always thought it would be 10x nicer if instead of the unique killer showing on screen, the names of the whole party are shown; that would effectively eliminate the need for str/int variances - don't know if it's possible within the files tho.

Also gold should be the only currency in the game, and it should stay low, handling trillions is just retarded; something like 1 million gold should be a fortune.

In the end, I think there's still room for people to do good for this game and its ungrateful community, because, after all -shitty as it is in its current state- it's a game worth preserving.
Thanks
4 Users
Old 05/02/2021, 18:06   #177
Chat Killer In Duty

elite*gold: 5
Received Thanks: 6,469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaddiyo View Post
. The grindfest was somekind of acceptable because most people didn't know any better
i disagree on this

As a OSRS player, while sometimes unbearable, the grind is what makes the experience worth it

I once played a Runescape PServer and maxed in like 2 days. It was a bore fest after that, specially since im not very well versed on PKing

HOWEVER, you can max on OSRS with enough dedication and GP in less than 1 year. On SRO's case, you can max in like 3 years with XP Boosts
Old 05/05/2021, 09:38   #178

elite*gold: 160
Alike what Wicked said, I see tons of folks coming forward with an ongoing cycle of issues.. but no one's saying/doing what they're going to do to "better" the community. I see talk and no one making actions-- no one is making a server to uphold all of these incredible values, and who would want to on a game that released in what.. 2004-8? It's now 2021. The community is small.. and still ****. 99% of developers (if we still call them that) are cash grabbing greedy *******. I have hope for MAYBE 2-3 projects that are currently under wraps to be discovered in the near future but other than that.. I've yet to see a project, a team that doesn't even engage in the drama of this community and is genuine to their work and their project.

We'll see though, aye? Iris~
Thanks
2 Users
Old 05/13/2021, 00:54   #179

really i hope silkroad online coming back its dead since 2009 when many people have worked private servers ,i thinks soon pservers also will be die
Old 05/13/2021, 13:17   #180

elite*gold: 5
Received Thanks: 3,766
Quote:
Originally Posted by *ICE View Post
really i hope silkroad online coming back its dead since 2009 when many people have worked private servers ,i thinks soon pservers also will be die
if SRO died in 2009 and private servers have been up and running ever since, so twelve years, what makes you think it'll die soon?