Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 12:51

  • Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement


Let's talk - Private servers 2020

Discussion on Let's talk - Private servers 2020 within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Reply
 
Old   #1



 
elite*gold: 3300
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 4,068
Received Thanks: 1,853
Let's talk - Private servers 2020

The Silkroad scene is dying every month slowly and slowly. Is kind of sad to be honest because I grew up with Silkroad I wish Joymax didn't fuck it up so badly. I started playing when I was 9 or so my both parents played it and introduced me to the game and I guess I could never just abandon something like this ever.

I'm planning on opening a server by the end of 2020 - I guess I'm creating this thread to see what the community wants from a server so if you guys have any ideas go ahead and post it. Let me know what you would like to see and what you would hate to see. I'm doing this for the community. Let's build a server together.

I'm creating this thread because I want to talk about all the issues that Prv sro scene has now. I will state my problems and we all can talk about it. I'm not creating this to start arguing with people. I really just want to improve the current status of this scene or at least try.

My problems:

- Repetative servers, every freaking server is exactly the same and it has been for the past 4+ years and theres nothing really new.

- Corruption, every server has some kind of corruption I don't know why developers and the teams do that but hey what ever.

- Big guilds, let's be honest big guilds ruin every server in many different ways.

- The lack of communication within the dev team and the community they don't care about what the "player" actually want they only care about the guilds and they keep giving them what they want in order to keep them in the game to increase the online player count.

- Pay2win, Every freaking server is pay2win, who ever invented silk scrolls and shit I really hope you have a good life.

- Most of the servers have poor managment and they have no clue what they doing.

- Fake people, every new server has someone new with a fake name because they fucked up before and they are back once again to milk the community, you know who you are and I dont know how you can keep doing this. Just get a job.

- Crate system, just ruined sro overall.

- Servers are made with coin system and crates which basically means that the top 20 players are the only ones who keep getting all the items and all the rewards from survival and other activites and having fun jobbing while the others just trade 24/7 just to be able to keep up this isn't fun anymore this is hard work you got to work just to play a game that doesn't make any sense.

- Alchemy is completely ruined everyone has to make 4 accounts to grind for elixirs so they can sell for silks and in the end the top 20 players buy these elixirs and make auto alchemy till they get set sos +7 in the first 3-4 days mean while casual players are still getting their last tier set ready.

- No server show any love for casual players who are just looking to have fun u either gotta be a trihard or a donator all the casual players play for a week and give up because they are too far behind.

- All servers use the exact same boring system that doesn't last a month.

Again. Its important to understand this my opinion as an member in this community that i have been in for far too long, I don't mean to attack or trash talk other servers or even the players who enjoy this type of gameplay this is simply a discussion.

If I'm making a server i have to make sure its flawless I can't just copy and paste what everyone is doing its not what i do or what my team does, I created this thread with the hopes of reaching out to players to understand what they want so that we be able to implement and same goes for other server owners and creators if they read this thread perhaps they will understand more about the players and what they want and perhaps even getting a new system idea for all of us to enjoy.

You as a player or as a creator say what u have on ur mind. What do u think the current problems with the pSRO scene because i believe if enough people started talking and saying what they want we can put a stop to this shit.
Dizzy© is offline  
Thanks
41 Users
Old 08/10/2020, 20:24   #2
 
elite*gold: 83
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 160
Received Thanks: 79
Finally someone talking about this.

I honestly think that the main issue is no one is talking about this everyone knows whats wrong with the servers nowdays but nobody talks about it. I don't know if players gave up but players complain about coin system and crates all the time but they have no option but to play the game since all the server does coin system and crates since its in their benefit so they can make more money.

Players need to say what they want so that devolopers can listen otherwise nothing will change.
Exaryus is offline  
Thanks
5 Users
Old 08/10/2020, 20:55   #3
 
elite*gold: 60
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 53
Received Thanks: 21
Whoever came up with this SOX Boxes idea

I HATE YOU!!!!!
Shimawari12 is offline  
Thanks
4 Users
Old 08/10/2020, 21:05   #4



 
elite*gold: 3300
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 4,068
Received Thanks: 1,853
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimawari12 View Post
Whoever came up with this SOX Boxes idea

I HATE YOU!!!!!
Totally agree with you, what do you think are other options for it?
Dizzy© is offline  
Old 08/10/2020, 21:26   #5
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 6,920
Received Thanks: 1,280
well the reason why no one sticks to 1server like back in 2008-2013 because of box/create/silk scrolls makes players farm there items faster than spend atleast 1week for a sox drop since the community only cares about high exp rate and high alchemy and leave after few days so whats the point of creating projects like this. TBH i prefer sox drop system like 3-5days for 1drop and make normal items with +5 full blue feel important or even +3 then running around with +7/+10 or full sox char with 80% stats and +7-+10 in less than 24hours from grand opening or even spend few months for reaching max lvl because i dont really understand whats the point of reaching max level then botting for 24-7 to be strong.

Thanks @ for creating this topic <3
megaman4999 is offline  
Thanks
3 Users
Old 08/10/2020, 22:07   #6
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 126
Received Thanks: 44
Not to mention the fact that some people have the source code but won't release it so we can all improve this dead game.
Emerald Garden SRO is offline  
Old 08/10/2020, 22:09   #7



 
elite*gold: 3300
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 4,068
Received Thanks: 1,853
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald Garden SRO View Post
Not to mention the fact that some people have the source code but won't release it so we can all improve this dead game.
Selfish devs )
Dizzy© is offline  
Old 08/10/2020, 22:13   #8
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 366
Received Thanks: 253
for sure it gonna die as long as advertising on epvp is free
look at the advertising section like 5 new servers a day and it doesn't last for 1 week then the guy re open under new name
bimbum* is offline  
Old 08/10/2020, 22:29   #9
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 3
Received Thanks: 2


people like these are the ones who are ruining the community with their **** someone just opens the discussion and they start to attack it just because it goes against their best interests @
TheRealVelo is offline  
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/10/2020, 22:32   #10
 
elite*gold: 71
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,580
Received Thanks: 1,032
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealVelo View Post


people like these are the ones who are ruining the community with their **** someone just opens the discussion and they start to attack it just because it goes against their best interests @
Ok buddy.
AceSpace is offline  
Old 08/10/2020, 22:32   #11
 
elite*gold: 15
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 1,583
Received Thanks: 1,324
All of you blame the people behind the server but no one blames the community.I honestly don't care if the mods delete my post, but this community is the most dogshit place on earth, worse than the world's dumpster waste spots.Because of people like you(not pointing at anyone specifically in this thread) is why it got to this point.Why do you think people have to use different names? Because all of you will just trash, judge, **** talk, you are part of the biggest problem, and nothing changed since I and many others left, people just want to be part of the problem, none of you want to be part of the solution.

Do you actually believe that some people can't set aside some dumb **** drama they've had a few years ago, just so they can do something greater together? They can, but is it worth it? No, it will never be worth it as long as the community thinks they're entitled ****** who know nothing better than to assume that they own every server they step into, but then again this can be looked at objectively, since one can argue that the player makes what the server becomes, and that's true to some point.The players reward the owner with popularity for his work, if deemed worthy of their time, but at the same time, the owner is human as well and should not be treated like dogshit whenever your 8 year old part of the brain throws a tantrum.

So no, this will continue to be a cycle of hatred and none of you will ever deserve something from anyone.I'm actually glad no one else has the source code, in some ways.I'm confident that there are maybe 4 or 5 more people who would be capable of doing great things with it, but being in 2020, I very much doubt anyone wants to waste their time on this.

Regards,
Wicked
WickedNite. is offline  
Thanks
10 Users
Old 08/10/2020, 22:38   #12
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 50
Received Thanks: 13
Repetative servers

Great point but nothing can be done about this because main goal of the server makers is gaining money. We all wasted our lives in silkroad market, and most of us knows what's really happening. Every once a while a man with visions brings something new on the market and every other servers starts to follow that idea because they also think it's a good idea and it attracts people. Let me write some of the eras that i remember; changing the way how coin works, bringing Titles- unique timers etc in game client, making job connected with items, bringing silk drops to uniques, making silk per hour, creating in game bots that makes lucky party event - kill the GM even etc. And many more eras that I can not remember.
This is just how the silkroad market works, it gets more repetative recently because the amount of people who lost interest on silkroad is huge. Less people less ideas. There are 2 options to solve this, either be creative or be a great analyst to find what players really want or what silkroad really needs. The real catch is finding out how to control people because sometimes the thing they want might be not the thing they really want.


Corruption

There is nothing you can do about it, what I can think of is making only 1 person have access to server and making everything transparent so players can see if GM does something shady ( Not sure if it's possible, just an idea )

Big guilds

THIS IS ************************** WE DA BEST


Pay2win

Well first of all silk scrolls must be removed, giving silk scrolls directly impacts the game specially in the longrun, buying items and investing is more important. ( or: Must be only available for the silk buyer just for once for the moment he bought the silks)

There must be a balance between pay2win and play2win, some people don't have time because of life, work, family etc. The only way I can think of is hiring an economist for the server to interfere to server economy. The hours needed to get an important or middle class item must be how many silks? I can think many more questions like that in order to solve the pay2win and also make it available for ppl who works.




Imma add as long as something comes to my mind
karaberry is offline  
Thanks
4 Users
Old 08/10/2020, 22:43   #13



 
elite*gold: 3300
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 4,068
Received Thanks: 1,853
Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedNite. View Post
All of you blame the people behind the server but no one blames the community.I honestly don't care if the mods delete my post, but this community is the most dogshit place on earth, worse than the world's dumpster waste spots.Because of people like you(not pointing at anyone specifically in this thread) is why it got to this point.Why do you think people have to use different names? Because all of you will just trash, judge, shit talk, you are part of the biggest problem, and nothing changed since I and many others left, people just want to be part of the problem, none of you want to be part of the solution.

Do you actually believe that some people can't set aside some dumb shit drama they've had a few years ago, just so they can do something greater together? They can, but is it worth it? No, it will never be worth it as long as the community thinks they're entitled pricks who know nothing better than to assume that they own every server they step into, but then again this can be looked at objectively, since one can argue that the player makes what the server becomes, and that's true to some point.The players reward the owner with popularity for his work, if deemed worthy of their time, but at the same time, the owner is human as well and should not be treated like dogshit whenever your 8 year old part of the brain throws a tantrum.

So no, this will continue to be a cycle of hatred and none of you will ever deserve something from anyone.I'm actually glad no one else has the source code, in some ways.I'm confident that there are maybe 4 or 5 more people who would be capable of doing great things with it, but being in 2020, I very much doubt anyone wants to waste their time on this.

Regards,
Wicked
I agree with you totally, the sro community is the worst out of any mmo's I have been part of. But it doesn't mean all of the players are like that. There's still good side of this community. Like you said people hold shit against other devs and that has to stop if this community wants to have something better.
Dizzy© is offline  
Old 08/10/2020, 22:55   #14
 
elite*gold: 83
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 160
Received Thanks: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedNite. View Post
All of you blame the people behind the server but no one blames the community.I honestly don't care if the mods delete my post, but this community is the most dogshit place on earth, worse than the world's dumpster waste spots.Because of people like you(not pointing at anyone specifically in this thread) is why it got to this point.Why do you think people have to use different names? Because all of you will just trash, judge, shit talk, you are part of the biggest problem, and nothing changed since I and many others left, people just want to be part of the problem, none of you want to be part of the solution.

Do you actually believe that some people can't set aside some dumb shit drama they've had a few years ago, just so they can do something greater together? They can, but is it worth it? No, it will never be worth it as long as the community thinks they're entitled pricks who know nothing better than to assume that they own every server they step into, but then again this can be looked at objectively, since one can argue that the player makes what the server becomes, and that's true to some point.The players reward the owner with popularity for his work, if deemed worthy of their time, but at the same time, the owner is human as well and should not be treated like dogshit whenever your 8 year old part of the brain throws a tantrum.

So no, this will continue to be a cycle of hatred and none of you will ever deserve something from anyone.I'm actually glad no one else has the source code, in some ways.I'm confident that there are maybe 4 or 5 more people who would be capable of doing great things with it, but being in 2020, I very much doubt anyone wants to waste their time on this.

Regards,
Wicked
I agree with the fact the good days of sro devs are gone most of the good devs are done with sro only a few remains and since only a few remains that opens up a market for trash fake name devs to sicken the community with their shit.

Even tho i disagree about the source being released 95% of the "devs" in the community would shit themselves uncontrollably ones they see the source they wouldn't even know what to do with and since they are lazy they won't even bother to learn but someone like u said might actually do something with it.

Regardless servers that keeps on reopening with the same bad system and other new servers coping the bad system just because it good cash grab shouldn't be allowed the players should have an option to play a decent well thought-out game.
Exaryus is offline  
Old 08/10/2020, 22:58   #15
 
elite*gold: 15
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 1,583
Received Thanks: 1,324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy© View Post
I agree with you totally, the sro community is the worst out of any mmo's I have been part of. But it doesn't mean all of the players are like that. There's still good side of this community. Like you said people hold **** against other devs and that has to stop if this community wants to have something better.
Back in the days people were afraid of working together with me, for obvious reasons, I don't completely blame them.But then we said **** it and let's do it, when I was almost done with the project on my part, which is everything db/client related for features and what not, I got backstabbed and the partner disappeared for about a week before we all gave up waiting for an answer, all this just because the test server was not handled by me.

Anyway this is just an example of what happened to me when I tried to leave aside drama for something greater.What this means is that there's still potential for people to just **** on others because they think their partner is gonna do something later down the line, when in reality that's the case for everyone, I had the same thoughts sometimes, but you never know what's gonna happen if you don't go through with it.
WickedNite. is offline  
Thanks
1 User
Reply


Similar Threads Similar Threads
Any Private Trusted Script Coder here? Let's talk
05/14/2020 - Apex Legends - 6 Replies
Like I said on Title yes, if there is any Private Coder let me know pls



All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:51.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Support | Contact Us | FAQ | Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Abuse
Copyright ©2021 elitepvpers All Rights Reserved.