Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rohan
You last visited: Today at 23:46

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Ideas For The Ultimate Rohan Server

Discussion on Ideas For The Ultimate Rohan Server within the Rohan forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old 06/19/2015, 18:33   #46

elite*gold: 0
I dont know why u people keep giving people false hopes for a decent server, generally speaking the facts are there isnt any server which stayed more then few months online-excepts indos "op"versions(after xor) for example big talk big bullcrap for more then an year was rohan 2.0 really a let down there, i assume here would happen the same first u are all selfish cunning(generally speaking not pointing names) and so on people dont want to insult you but these are the facts.Best scenario few months run, and then like 95%of the servers OMG no money to run this **** either you donate or no server dont tell me im wrong because i have enough exppirience with many servers, however you will do what you like but had to write this poem for you guys
Old 06/19/2015, 19:12   #47

You want to build a good server. Do not go asking everyone what needs to be changed. You know what needs to be changed. You know the classes that are OP. And you know the skills and balancing that need to be done, just do it. Beware ideas always have someone unethical to steal them.
Good Luck!
Old 06/21/2015, 21:50   #48

1. Skill balances. Obviously blunt mastery nerf. Make sure dpp/dffs aren't auto one shots, etc. Buff a few weaker things. Its hard to suggest x not knowing how y will change but this is obviously already something being worked on anyhow.

2. No scrolls. The most obvious in your face pay to win items, and they do nothing but exaggerate imbalances. If scrolls are a must, please, alm only. Its lame when you have classes that can more effectively stack multiple scrolls, like templar with melee/magic or dhans with melee/crit.

3. Stick with forged weapons. Cookie cutter multi stat items, like craft items and epics/upgrades ruin build diversity. Your mods should be choices, not one size fits all.

4. +Attack items...I don't think a little is bad, it really depends on how skills are changed and what is available for gear/scrolls, but if there is +attack, please also add alternatives that give crit % so that crit builds aren't left behind.

5. DD. Keep the range low like it was meant to be. Damage has to be balanced on the offensive end, not via DD like the retail server attempted and failed at.

6. I realize the game would have to pull in a little money to pay for the server and will without a doubt be much cheaper than playing on retail, but another thing I think would be sweet is to not have any temporary items. I love to play alts in this game. It would be amazing if I could just pay a few bucks for a perm ases or perm costume for example, so that the next month I could buy those things for a different alt, and have 2 characters to play, where as with temporary items you end up locked into only wanting to play your alt with IM popped. Plus sometimes I get busy with life or work or whatever...and I always hated when you pop an item for a month or whatever and only end up playing 10 days that month...it just seemed like such an incredible waste that ultimately added to my decision to not spend any money on that server. I don't mind spending a little on a game...but I hate when I feel like I'm ******* money away.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 06/22/2015, 07:55   #49

well that's a sentence to be consider thank you Gadwin
Old 06/23/2015, 13:27   #50

Good to see you Gadwin from iRohan forum.

Well I kind of only did a speed read between im batman and Dreto but to summarise my opinion...

...Players are often genuinely way off the mark with their wishes but at the same time you have to look into what they are saying. There is usually an underlying issue for their requests.

When it comes to a dreadfully broken game like Rohan, the players float so many suggestions around. If Rohan only had minor imbalances from the start, would it receive such crazy suggestions?

The problem we have is that so many of the current servers have little or nothing to offer that official Rohan currently offers despite the imbalance. The overriding factor is content and CHOICE. Players are so stifled by the choices that they can make to be competitive. Not just choices but overall options to make the game truly enjoyable.

This is why we want to give a big finger in the botty hole to templars, this is why we want to shaft vit dekans and other high vit builds.
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/24/2015, 19:47   #51

elite*gold: 110
This is my opinion and it has to do with what Dreto spoke about in concern with mobs have skills.

Currently doing bosses is very boring.. The boss hits way to hard and with Defending Nature, it doesn't even matter.. So unless the Boss can 1shot or 2shot your defender, you're pretty much safe.. BORING..

I've played tons of new mmorpgs and i think if we change the way we do bosses, it'll be a lot more fun.

I like Dreto's Idea about adding stuns and silences and push backs to mobs..

My Suggestion is:
1. Remove Defending Nature completely so no character can be immortal and the Temp + Defender Combo is not Over-Powering.
2. Replace Defending Nature with some sort of Defending skill that reduces PvE damage so they can be tankier when doing Bosses.. (Similar to Blue Defence)
3. Reduce the difficulty on bosses so you don't have to worry about the boss 1-hitting your Tank(which is stupid and unique to Rohan).
4. To Compensate for bosses reduced damage and hp, allow mobs to steal buffs from players it attacks with a limit of 1-2 buffs per aoe so you have an incentive to hurry the hell up and not just afk eating a sandwich like I've done while doing bosses.
5. Buff the surrounding mobs so they ALWAYS attack ANYONE near no matter the level and have abilities like pushes, stuns, Roots, silences, etc.
6. Fix the aggro system and bugs where mobs and bosses ignore aggro and you can't see yourself dead.

It's all possible, ask Dreto (Sorry if i put u on the spot btw bro lol)

Just my opinion, people may not like it.
Just thinking of ways to make this game's Boss Hunt System fun again and not the same old find a boss and keep hitting and DN'ing yourself with Group Euphoria on... Kinda Lame..
Old 06/24/2015, 20:43   #52

•1shots must not exist in the perfect server .The pvp for me must be similar to this in World of Warcraft no one can oneshot so to kill some one you need to found the Best rotation•
Old 06/24/2015, 21:03   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by peinful View Post
This is my opinion and it has to do with what Dreto spoke about in concern with mobs have skills.

Currently doing bosses is very boring.. The boss hits way to hard and with Defending Nature, it doesn't even matter.. So unless the Boss can 1shot or 2shot your defender, you're pretty much safe.. BORING..

I've played tons of new mmorpgs and i think if we change the way we do bosses, it'll be a lot more fun.

My Suggestion is:
1. Remove Defending Nature completely so no character can be immortal and the Temp + Defender Combo is not Over-Powering.
2. Replace Defending Nature with some sort of Defending skill that reduces PvE damage so they can be tankier when doing Bosses.. (Similar to Blue Defence)
3. Reduce the difficulty on bosses so you don't have to worry about the boss 1-hitting your Tank(which is stupid and unique to Rohan).
4. To Compensate for bosses reduced damage and hp, allow mobs to steal buffs from players it attacks with a limit of 1-2 buffs per aoe so you have an incentive to hurry the hell up and not just afk eating a sandwich like I've done while doing bosses.
5. Buff the surrounding mobs so they ALWAYS attack ANYONE near no matter the level and have abilities like pushes, stuns, Roots, silences, etc.
6. Fix the aggro system and bugs where mobs and bosses ignore aggro and you can't see yourself dead.

Just thinking of ways to make this game's Boss Hunt System fun again and not the same old find a boss and keep hitting and DN'ing yourself with Group Euphoria on... Kinda Lame..
I should charge you with 1 $ everytime you say Dreto xD
Old 06/24/2015, 21:06   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyZer0 View Post
1shots must not exist in the perfect server .The pvp for me must be similar to this in World of Warcraft no one can oneshot so to kill some one you need to found the Best rotation
1shots will exist no matter what you do. when you have pure builds that focus on damage output rather than hit points (aka VIT), they will have low hit points and will always be pretty much at the 1-shot mercy of those others that focus on damage stats.

the thing to manage for balancing is that those who invest a lot in VIT are not 1-shotted by those same damage dealers. Otherwise what would be the point of building a tank? that is something playwith forgot in their official game. it is also something a majority of pservers also fail to address.

In a game like rohan, or any mmoprpg for that matter, every class has a role. damage dealers, tanks, healers all have their place. smart players in a better balanced game don't focus on 'pure' builds, but combine their focus stat with others to make them a less squishy team player. for instance damage dealers that obsess over making glass cannon damage without investing in health will find themselves easy prey, possibly 1-hitted, by other 'pure' damage dealers. likewise those damage dealers that also pay attention to their health will find they can tank a little better at the cost of damage output which lets them survive pvp/pve a little longer, maybe long enough for the party healer to cast their love on you.
Old 06/24/2015, 21:18   #55

Quote:

My Suggestion is:

I do like your idea but think about it when its a full war and you have to sacrifice your def to save someone else then you might want to give it another try >-<
Removing DN is kind of a bad idea its better to just make the bosses harder like the ones in elemental dungeon or even more harder than them. With a decent Templar nerf where you move him to the back lines of the battle as a simple dps healer and move to the front the Giants, Dhans, Dekans and Humans then your pvp experince will be how it was meant to be.
Templars Suck btw >.>
Old 06/24/2015, 23:44   #56

elite*gold: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by DretoNEX View Post
I should charge you with 1 $ everytime you say Dreto xD
Well since beer in mexico costs 25 bucks..
DRETO X 50

once for each of us lmfao!

If this ultimate server with the perfect pvp and fun boss system actually pulls through, i'll buy a round of beers for everyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbnwarior View Post
I do like your idea but think about it when its a full war and you have to sacrifice your def to save someone else then you might want to give it another try >-<
Removing DN is kind of a bad idea its better to just make the bosses harder like the ones in elemental dungeon or even more harder than them. With a decent Templar nerf where you move him to the back lines of the battle as a simple dps healer and move to the front the Giants, Dhans, Dekans and Humans then your pvp experince will be how it was meant to be.
Templars Suck btw >.>
PvP will be very simple with Defending Nature gone :-D

No more Immortal Combo..
Temp + Reflection + Defender = Free killing spree for 30 -70 seconds..
No matter how much you nerf their damage.. The basic Logic is still there..

If i can beat the shit out of you for 30-70 seconds and you can't touch me until my VITALITY defender dies.... why should i care about the damage i do..
2 hits a second... Multiply my shit damage by 60 or 140.. you WILL die and there is nothing you can do to stop it if we both have Pro gear.
Old 06/25/2015, 00:29   #57

I will give everyone arroud here a simple fix to Reflection and Defending nature (Debuff)
Make Reflection and Defending nature have a chance to get debuffed.

Problem fixed move on to next idea.
Old 06/25/2015, 00:30   #58

Quote:
Well since beer in mexico costs 25 bucks..
DRETO X 50

once for each of us *****!

If this ultimate server with the perfect pvp and fun boss system actually pulls through, i'll buy a round of beers for everyone

PvP will be very simple with Defending Nature gone :-D

No more Immortal Combo..
Temp + Reflection + Defender = Free killing spree for 30 -70 seconds..
No matter how much you nerf their damage.. The basic Logic is still there..

If i can beat the **** out of you for 30-70 seconds and you can't touch me until my VITALITY defender dies.... why should i care about the damage i do..
2 hits a second... Multiply my **** damage by 60 or 140.. you WILL die and there is nothing you can do to stop it if we both have Pro gear.
That's why its called DEFENDER.
His point is to DEFEND and provide crowd control against your enemies, not to boost your attacks.
Old 06/25/2015, 00:45   #59

I don't think it was ever about fighting the boss but rather fighting other people that want to capture it.
Old 06/25/2015, 12:15   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glixxer View Post
Anybody on Old Rohan wanna trade me something for a 14% Melee Silver Wing Rod? I'm thinking about an Ancient Pres Stone and 1-2 Option Stones.
Why don't you ask in Old Rohan's thread? That is totally off topic here sir.
Thanks
2 Users