Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rohan
You last visited: Today at 20:33

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Ideas For The Ultimate Rohan Server

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Ideas For The Ultimate Rohan Server

Put all your ideas in here for what you would like to see on a Rohan server. Obviously not everything can be implemented so try to be realistic with your suggestions and think about stuff that we can change easily, even simple stuff.

To start the ball rolling I really want to see a server that can modify blunt mastery correctly. Now "correctly" is a hotly debated topic but for me it means that the amount of melee attack which is created during the blunt mastery conversion, can then no longer be amplified by melee attack %.

As it stands a templar gets full magic attack % bonii like any other attack % class would. However when BM is cast they then get a multiplier applied to their magic attack based on how much int stat they have. This is the amount that gets dumped into melee attack. The problem is, the overall melee attack then gets further multiplied by melee attack % bonii. Templars don't just double dip but they triple dip.

There is no need for templars to get a melee attack bonus % for the BM dump when they already get the "normal" bonuses available to any other class via magic attack % but then get a further multiplier based on the amount of int stat they have. Still, we can live with that but then to allow them to ramp it up further with a melee % bonus? *** almighty you're having a laugh!

So, for me the ultimate Rohan server is one which can directly modify and "fix" blunt mastery once and for all.

So, what about your ultimate Rohan server? What are the things that would make you 100% commit to a server?

Old   #2

to me it doesn't matter if the server is hero or not.

clip negative stats. this means don't let them go negative. clip all signed short values to 32767 meaning ignore any stat that would go higher than that.

don't provide stat multipliers that go beyond 30% for anything.

keep hp vs damage ratio sane.

do not implement skill defense.

I've always found damage drop on weapons a completely stupid and backward concept. weapons are supposed to cause damage not reduce damage you take. that is what ARMOR is for. Move all damage drop to armor with no single piece every able to achieve more than 10%.

if you keep heroic, ramp it up in a much gentler manner with it never reaching more than 15% attack/defense. better yet just get rid of it and pop something else in that attack slot.

do not ever implement the Trinity race. that is fked up beyond all repair.

Thanks
1 User
Old   #3

To be fair weapon damage drop % is a staple of Rohan and is reasonably balanced, as long as the maximum amount is no higher than 50%. There are builds and circumstances which can be tailored to these situations like a Dhan with an Elemental Damage % weapon or a Guardian with a Weapon Attack % weapon.

Weapon swapping is a big part of "pro" playing in Rohan. Giving players the choice of damage drop vs glass cannon has always been a big part. So for me the damage drop thing should stay, more because it's just part of Rohan and it really isn't that imbalanced in the grand scheme of things.

Short values (or going into the minus for other people) is a no no for me. Doesn't that just smack of a broken game from the start if you allow people to go beyond the limits that were already preset?

HP vs damage indeed. It's why I also support a 10hp per 1vit scenario instead of 20hp per 1 vit.

Skill defense... another one of those ****** up updates from YNK. Never seen it on a pserver and hope I never do.

As for Heroic, the easiest option IMO is to make it a mandatory 1 point skill that provides a small bonus to attack and defense. The problem with Heroic is that it provides a huge bonus to those who have it and a crippling penalty to those who don't. The disparity in stats with Glacial equipment also doesn't help. It makes Tier 6 almost untouchable by Tier 5. IMO the tier below should always have a chance against the tier above if they are skilled and geared right.

Trinity... lol
Thanks
1 User
Old   #4

What the perfect rohan serv for me would be to have a specific storyline for each class witch provies with some weapon parts armor parts and bonus parts like scrolls seals etc and a 10% exp from each quest.

As you might all know im not the best person for the balance and im not gonna get in it what i do like is make new content like something that will keep some players attention and keep them wanting more and more to find out what will happen next.

Thanks
3 Users
Old   #5

What the perfect rohan serv for me would be to have a specific storyline for each class witch provies with some weapon parts armor parts and bonus parts like scrolls seals etc and a 10% exp from each quest.

As you might all know im not the best person for the balance and im not gonna get in it what i do like is make new content like something that will keep some players attention and keep them wanting more and more to find out what will happen next.
Old   #6

I would like to see smth like DarkGamerZ, also without hero skills. basic class skills is more enough to PvP/PvE. Ranged/Magic Attack Patrol at every single portal, no hit & run wars.
Old   #7

Dang it Ish what took you soo long to post a thread like this? Ok here i go!
Some skill fix suggestions that will prob fix some of the basic game issues.

I don't find all atk to be that bad actually is good to maintain just one accs that can be used by any class, all stat is another issue that if its kept in the 50s its balanced.

Blunt Mastery(Templar)
Int% to Melee atk(Pure)
If you have read the new class Rumir Arendal mastery she converts Psy% to Magic atk(Pure) completely nerfing templars damage and removing the double dip issue.
Should be tested!

Scouts should be crowd control and its fixed with the skill buff Scatter Shot but its a lvl 115 skill so OldRohans fix was somehow close to this with Bow Mastery being 70% aoe chance(buggy) but making a copy paste from Wizards Destroy skill.

Savage should be crowd control to with its 60% aoe chance dps and full arsenal of weakening Dual sword skills. All damage% boosting and debuff skills need boosting(Savage tree)

Berserker Dps Raptor, remove the 35% atk boost from berserk and make it last 10mints with 4-60sec cooldown and its fixed

Totems and Traps need to be a copy of its characters hp and def(If its possible)

My own self suggested Evasion vs Dex fix. Needs testing!
Evade
lvl1
15% of dex used as evasion and 15% additional evasion

lvl2
20% of dex used as evasion and 20% additional evasion

lvl3
25% of dex used as evasion and 25% additional evasion

lvl4
30% of dex used as evasion and 30% additional evasion

lvl5
35% of dex used as evasion and 35% additional evasion

lvl6
40% of dex used as evasion and 40% additional evasion

lvl7
50% of dex used as evasion and 50% additional evasion

This are some of the ideas I've had in a long time. Hope this helps.
Old   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbnwarior View Post
Dang it Ish what took you soo long to post a thread like this? Ok here i go!
Well I saw a long time ago the scene was ****** which is why I held off from posting such a potentially toxic thread.

I can't change those toxic attitudes but maybe you can. If there is a truly balanced server one day then rally behind it. If it is truly balanced then I might be behind it
Old   #9

elite*gold: 33
The Black Market: 100/0/2
How about change the Sharp Melee Skill from Scout.

Sharp Melee -> Sharp Ranged or something like that.

LvL 1 = 5% Ranged Attack
LvL 2 = 8% Ranged Attack
LvL 3 = 12% Ranged Attack
LvL 4 = 15% Ranged Attack
LvL 5 = 18% Ranged Attack
LvL 6 = 21% Ranged Attack
LvL 7 = 25 or 30% Ranged Attack

So they deal more Damage & this Skill is more usefull

Bite me if you Guys done like my Idea, but i Tested it on my Local Server & it works rly well for PvP or PvE
Old   #10

Removing the "Attack" on all accessories and putting a specific attack stats instead (range/magic/melee) Restricting templars to use Melee License and all Melee boosts (including melee attack accessories) and having their own blunt weapon which only gives magic attack boosts.

I think the only problem on templar damage is they benefit on 2 stats so if you try to limit all the melee boosts from it the class damage will somewhat go down.

If this doesn't work, the best is you would need to buff and revamp the other class skills
Old   #11

Revive agi dhans.
99 server with low exp and decent drop rate so people will actually have to grind to achieve something. All those 2-days-110-server are empty because it gets boring when u hit 110 and dont have a single piece of armor to equip so u can somehow pvp.
Old   #12

Replacing the mobs density in some places so that there are fewer and people have to fight for spots.
Old   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DretoNEX View Post
Replacing the mobs density in some places so that there are fewer and people have to fight for spots.
If the servers goes as its planned and have the biggest player base of rohan private servers, fighting for spots will be something that u will see everywhere on grinding maps. No need of lowering the spots because there are not enuff anyway.
Old   #14

I want secondary stats to be just as important as the main one's. Like evasion/accuracy/ hp rec/etc but there not important because of all the inflation on main stats or certain skills.

Blunt mastery for example, int is put into accuracy (which means Templar never miss which makes evasion useless to)

or rings with Str/dex/vit kills the importance of evasion and accuracy.

I think stats on talis/accs/rings should be simplified into the characters main stats lets says Templar int/vit

Main stat / Vit ring

and all stats items should be deleted
Old   #15

Remove Melee/Ranged/Magic % Scrolls. It's unfair how a Warlock can get two boosts in damage from the Alm Scroll and Mage license, but a Psy Wizard only gets a damage boost from the Alm Scroll. PD/MD scrolls should be removed as well. A new type of scroll should be added that gives a % boost in one of the 6 stats (Str, Dex, Int, Psy, Agi, and Vit.) This would make it so everybody can get two boosts in damage. A Psyche Wizard can use a 20% Alm Scroll and 20% Psyche scroll, while the Warlock can use a 20% Alm scroll with a 20% Int scroll

Remove Critical Blow scrolls, they make Str Dhans OP as ****.

Sprint Scrolls are unfair to Rangers. They lose their role in group PvP, and when they use their combo, their enemy can easily catch them because they can't move. It takes away Rangers' mobility advantage.

Remove Critical immunity scrolls and Detect scrolls.

If there's going to be Glacial gear/110 level cap, then better potions are needed. Back when the cap was 99 and Bedron was best, the Superior Potions that restored 7.6k HP were good enough. The level 110 Cap and Glac gear raised received damage and max HP, but didn't boost the HP restore rate. New pots that restore at least 11k HP should be added. This can be done by adding new chests in Kali, Gratt, and the Fortresses, or changing what Goddess' Offering boxes have inside.

PUT A CAP on reinforcement. This isn't just for Accs, but for Armor and Weapons. As Armor and Weapons get +ed higher and higher, the Armor eventually becomes stronger than the weapons. At +5, things are about even. At +8, you'll notice a large drop in damage if you're a Melee/Ranged/Magic Attack build. At +12 armor and higher, fights become long and stale because nobody is hitting that high. DarkGamerZ did this, and it make PvP SUCK. Everybody had a ton of Pure Defense. It sucked even worse when people had Shields. (Ishtaria, if you have a table that shows the stats of Armor and Weapons as it gets +ed could you post it here?)