Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rohan
You last visited: Today at 11:02

  • Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

 

Ideas For The Ultimate Rohan Server

Reply
 
Old   #31
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,045
Received Thanks: 709
Quote:
Originally Posted by peinful View Post
All i have to say is good luck..

The day everyone on this thread stops arguing and starts working together is the day Dreto and i go to Mexico and get drunk for free.
I can work with Dreto, he's ok

I doubt many of you could work with me though



Ishtaria is offline  
Old   #32
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 343
Received Thanks: 137
Yeah the guardian bias is unbearable


kthxbai2 is offline  
Old   #33
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 772
Received Thanks: 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishtaria View Post
I can work with Dreto, he's ok

I doubt many of you could work with me though
The reason we can work with each other is that we know what we want and how to do it and we dont really care about what others say if the idea we have is guud.
DretoNEX is offline  
Thanks
1 User
Old   #34
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 346
Received Thanks: 63
If the idea is good go for it >.>


rbnwarior is offline  
Old   #35
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 869
Received Thanks: 499
Quote:
Originally Posted by DretoNEX View Post
The reason we can work with each other is that we know what we want and how to do it and we dont really care about what others say if the idea we have is guud.
I really hope you don't carry that attitude over to your players. Don't ignore your players. After all even you are here because YNK/PW ignored what you had to say. sometimes your players can give you insight to things you are overlooking.
im batman is offline  
Old   #36
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 772
Received Thanks: 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by im batman View Post
I really hope you don't carry that attitude over to your players. Don't ignore your players. After all even you are here because YNK/PW ignored what you had to say. sometimes your players can give you insight to things you are overlooking.
That's never gonna happen im sick of looking at what people want and what they think it will be good after you do that think they will blame you if it fails.
Thats why il ignore what people say and do what i think its best
DretoNEX is offline  
Old   #37
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 174
Received Thanks: 30
its a reasonable selfish mode.
xpro99 is offline  
Old   #38
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 869
Received Thanks: 499
Dreto that is also exactly what everyone here hated about official rohan. The fact that they ignored us all and went their own way no matter how bad of an idea we told them it was. How did it feel to have YNK ignore everything you old them? I was there. It felt like the game company treated us like ****.

Yes indeed. YNK had that same attitude and and look where we all are now. How many here can honestly say they are actively playing on official rohan? Look what is left in official Rohan today.

That is the nut of it: You can develop a rohan (or any other game) server and do it however you want. You have to start somewhere right? So drive your stake in the ground and start building the way you think it should be. Regardless of how great and wonderful you think you made it, the success or failure of youjr server will lie with the people that come to play on it. If they do not like what they see they will tell you loud and clear, then they look to you to change it. And if you don't they will go some place else.

I'm not saying to make everyone happy. That ain't possible. But you can keep your ears & mind open and listen to what your players tell you. If it is only a couple loud ones, you can pretty much ignore them. If a LOT of them say the same things, then you have something that you had better fix or say goodbye to them.

I mean seriously, if you are going into the business of making a private server with the "fk you! Its my way or the hiway" attitude, you might as well pack up up the idea of running a pserver before you waste a lot of time and money on it.

Just ask Yurneroo about how far that attitude gets you.
im batman is offline  
Thanks
3 Users
Old   #39
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 772
Received Thanks: 358
You think it your way il think it mine cuz from my experience in rohan Pserver staff i can vouche that players have no ******* idea of what they want.
DretoNEX is offline  
Thanks
2 Users
Old   #40
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 869
Received Thanks: 499
And I (along with others even here) can vouch that developers/owners that ignore their customers have very short lived products. If they ever actually launch. And that comes from my experience in enterprises a thousand times larger than any rohan servers - including PlayWith's

I do agree with you that you need to select what you listen to and what you can safely ignore. Trying to do everything your customers are asking for is an express trip to the loonie bin. You do have to at least look at what they are saying and decide if what you are seeing makes sense.

Trust me friend, I have seen first hand where ignoring customers leads. And situations where I saw it cost MANY millions of US $ in lost contracts when those customers walked away because they felt they were being ignored.

You can argue that rohan private servers are not big businesses - or even small ones, but the relationship between server owner/dev and the players is exactly the same and has as similar result if the owner/dev turns a deaf ear to those customers/players. Players walk away and it ends up costing you money out of your pocket to keep that server alive.

But as you say, this is my way of thinking and my experience talking. Yours differs and that is all cool. I really hope it works out for you.

Cheers bro!
im batman is offline  
Old   #41
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 772
Received Thanks: 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by im batman View Post
And I (along with others even here) can vouch that developers/owners that ignore their customers have very short lived products. If they ever actually launch. And that comes from my experience in enterprises a thousand times larger than rohan pservers

I do agree with you that you need to select what you listen to and what you can safely ignore. Trying to do everything your customers are asking for is an express trip to the loonie bin. You do have 6o at least look at what they are saying and decide if what you are seeing makes sense.

Trust me friend, I have seen first hand where ignoring customers leads. And situations where I saw it cost MANY millions of US $ when those customers walked away because they felt they were being ignored.

You can argue that rohan private servers are not big businesses - or even small ones, but the relationship between server owner/dev and the players is exactly the same and has as similar result if the owner/dev turns a deaf ear to those customers/players. Players walk away and it ends up costing you money out of your pocket to keep that server alive.

But as you say, this is my way of thinking and my experience talking. Yours differs and that is all cool. I really hope it works out for you.

Cheers bro!
Well good for me that i dont give a **** about profits. If i wanted to make money from rohan i wouldv done it in other way.
DretoNEX is offline  
Thanks
2 Users
Old   #42
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 346
Received Thanks: 63
Well i forgot to mention that if Ish and Dreto are going to make a server with their ideas then don't give players access to Dreto because you'll end up with half the player base banned. Just saying >.>
rbnwarior is offline  
Thanks
1 User
Old   #43
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 869
Received Thanks: 499
Oh I can't see that happening. They are both smart guys but they also have very large egos to go along with it. I cant see either one of them bending enough in their ideals to agree on a single Rohan private server vision and getting one out there.
im batman is offline  
Old   #44
 
elite*gold: 110
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 516
Received Thanks: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbnwarior View Post
Well i forgot to mention that if Ish and Dreto are going to make a server with their ideas then don't give players access to Dreto because you'll end up with half the player base banned. Just saying >.>
hahahaha. This caught me off guard... I had to laugh :P
peinful is offline  
Thanks
1 User
Old   #45
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 772
Received Thanks: 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbnwarior View Post
Well i forgot to mention that if Ish and Dreto are going to make a server with their ideas then don't give players access to Dreto because you'll end up with half the player base banned. Just saying >.>
Dont worrie i have a client special made without chat function you basicly cant see chat and what they type. And no its not showing up either.


DretoNEX is offline  
Reply



« Previous Thread | Next Thread »



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:02.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.

Support | Contact Us | FAQ | Advertising | Privacy Policy | Abuse
Copyright ©2017 elitepvpers All Rights Reserved.