Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rohan
You last visited: Today at 20:34

  • Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

 

Ideas For The Ultimate Rohan Server

Reply
 
Old   #76

 
elite*gold: 33
The Black Market: 100/0/2
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,693
Received Thanks: 454
Just Do a fix on Blunt Mastery and all is Fine lol



Dr.Dr.SheldonLeeCooper is offline  
Thanks
2 Users
Old   #77
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 765
Received Thanks: 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Dr.SheldonLeeCooper View Post
Just Do a fix on Blunt Mastery and all is Fine lol
this should explain how i felt when i read this ))


DretoNEX is offline  
Old   #78
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,045
Received Thanks: 709
No-one has mentioned about how much HP vit gives. Look at other games where vit/hp is a stat that you can increase. You simply cannot make anything into a tank just like that.

As it stands, 20hp/1vit is OP. Before nerfing DN and adjusting everything to compensate for vit classes which are too OP or tanky, the over-inflated amount of HP given per point of vit needs to be dealt with.
Ishtaria is offline  
Old   #79
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 269
Received Thanks: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Dr.SheldonLeeCooper View Post
Just Do a fix on Blunt Mastery and all is Fine lol
OldRohan did quite a good job on fixing BM


xHaiBai is offline  
Old   #80

 
elite*gold: 33
The Black Market: 100/0/2
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,693
Received Thanks: 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by xHaiBai View Post
OldRohan did quite a good job on fixing BM
Yes thats Why i said fix BM and all is Fine :>
Dr.Dr.SheldonLeeCooper is offline  
Old   #81
 
elite*gold: 110
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 516
Received Thanks: 89
Still think removing DN would benefit the game.
I'd prefer play a tank where i know my role is to tank and provide Crowd Control than just be a f*cking meat shield for some OP class that hits a truck load but gets poked and dies..
peinful is offline  
Old   #82
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 765
Received Thanks: 357
Honestly the only thing i would replace dn with would be Boss Taunt or Party Hide.
DretoNEX is offline  
Thanks
1 User
Old   #83
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 346
Received Thanks: 63
Guys come on the only reason DN is OP is because Templars insane damage output + GE + Equality. Without Temps Insane Damage and Equality DN is just a bad decision to use for said Defender or just a means to sacrifice that defender. Defenders are supposed to defend protect the party and add stuns, debuffs, push to the partys arsenal. Yes we know its kind of unfair that you have a tanks HP being used on a DPS class that it was buffed on. But when you think about a group pvp scenario someone in that opposing pt will stun, debuff, even mana burn + mind exchange that defender, end of story for him. We have been thinking how iRohan things are for so long that we haven't thought of other scenarios at all. Lets try different scenarios and you will find a lot of holes in any strategy.
rbnwarior is offline  
Old   #84
 
elite*gold: 110
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 516
Received Thanks: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbnwarior View Post
Guys come on the only reason DN is OP is because Templars insane damage output + GE + Equality. Without Temps Insane Damage and Equality DN is just a bad decision to use for said Defender or just a means to sacrifice that defender. Defenders are supposed to defend protect the party and add stuns, debuffs, push to the partys arsenal. Yes we know its kind of unfair that you have a tanks HP being used on a DPS class that it was buffed on. But when you think about a group pvp scenario someone in that opposing pt will stun, debuff, even mana burn + mind exchange that defender, end of story for him. We have been thinking how iRohan things are for so long that we haven't thought of other scenarios at all. Lets try different scenarios and you will find a lot of holes in any strategy.
Think beyond that...

The only reason ANYONE makes a vit defender is to be a meat shield with DN... That's a pathetic excuse for a class..

Vit Defenders are supposed to be tanks used for doing bosses, dungeons, and crowd control during pvp.. Every mmo got this right except rohan..

Think of it this way.. Without DN, every class can fight for themselves and no combo is more OP than the next.. Defenders will still be essential to all PvP parties for Empower/Ward, Stuns, Push Backs, Mana Drain, etc and taunts for boss hunts..

Once you get the agroo system working where bosses don't ignore taunt just because Person A is doing a sh*t ton of damage, you can replace DN with a more useful skill..
I stick by my decision of 30% vitality converts to strength or maybe a Ranged skill that does damage based on Vitality ( similar to ffs, but less % )
I think a "boss Taunt" might be a waste of a slot seeing as they already have an AOE Taunt and Single Target Taunt..
peinful is offline  
Old   #85
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 830
Received Thanks: 482
It is not a tank's role to cause damage. Tanks are there to take damage so the glass cannon dps members can do their work.

Let's face it - if all the defender was for is to be a meat shield, then nobody would bother with it and dogpile the dps player. That would be a very short battle I think. But with DN there you have to take out not only that templar but his bodyguard as well which makes the battle a little more challenging.

I don't agree to wholesale removal of DN, I mean after all it does time out after a minute or so. It is not like ward or empower (which IMHO should also be timed buffs rather than toggles). I would say leave DN there but jiggle how it works. Give it a longish cooldown of say 5 minutes so it can't be immediately recast when it runs down. Also make the transferred damage less than 100% depending on skill level.

Level 1 transfers 10% damage to the def while the temp receives 90%
Level 2 transfers 20% damage to the def while the temp receives 80%
Level 3 transfers 30% damage to the def while the temp receives 70%
Level 4 transfers 40% damage to the def while the temp receives 60%
Level 5 transfers 50% damage to the def while the temp receives 50%
Level 6 transfers 60% damage to the def while the temp receives 40%
Level 7 transfers 70% damage to the def while the temp receives 30%

That way the templar is not immortal and the defender eventually dies while DN is happening.

Converting to str... nah.
im batman is offline  
Thanks
1 User
Old   #86
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 346
Received Thanks: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by im batman View Post
It is not a tank's role to cause damage. Tanks are there to take damage so the glass cannon dps members can do their work.

Let's face it - if all the defender was for is to be a meat shield, then nobody would bother with it and dogpile the dps player. That would be a very short battle I think. But with DN there you have to take out not only that templar but his bodyguard as well which makes the battle a little more challenging.

I don't agree to wholesale removal of DN, I mean after all it does time out after a minute or so. It is not like ward or empower (which IMHO should also be timed buffs rather than toggles). I would say leave DN there but jiggle how it works. Give it a longish cooldown of say 5 minutes so it can't be immediately recast when it runs down. Also make the transferred damage less than 100% depending on skill level.

Level 1 transfers 10% damage to the def while the temp receives 90%
Level 2 transfers 20% damage to the def while the temp receives 80%
Level 3 transfers 30% damage to the def while the temp receives 70%
Level 4 transfers 40% damage to the def while the temp receives 60%
Level 5 transfers 50% damage to the def while the temp receives 50%
Level 6 transfers 60% damage to the def while the temp receives 40%
Level 7 transfers 70% damage to the def while the temp receives 30%

That way the templar is not immortal and the defender eventually dies while DN is happening.

Converting to str... nah.
Yup, this makes more sense. The one being guarded is not immortal while the bodyguard is receiving most of the damage.

I still don't get why make it another damage based skill if defender is supposed to defend and support not necessarily kill. Da fk you're thinking Pein?
rbnwarior is offline  
Old   #87
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 10
Received Thanks: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by peinful View Post
Still think removing DN would benefit the game.
I'd prefer play a tank where i know my role is to tank and provide Crowd Control than just be a f*cking meat shield for some OP class that hits a truck load but gets poked and dies..
Two problems though...

1. Tanking skills that draw aggro are worthless in pvp since you can't pull player aggro, so if you want a pvp tank you have to be able to block damage.

2. If dps classes get balanced you aren't going to have OP class hitting like a truck that gets poked and dies. If there were no temps, what are you afraid of, a str dekan with DN?

Quote:
Originally Posted by peinful View Post
Think beyond that...

The only reason ANYONE makes a vit defender is to be a meat shield with DN... That's a pathetic excuse for a class..

Vit Defenders are supposed to be tanks used for doing bosses, dungeons, and crowd control during pvp.. Every mmo got this right except rohan..

Think of it this way.. Without DN, every class can fight for themselves and no combo is more OP than the next.. Defenders will still be essential to all PvP parties for Empower/Ward, Stuns, Push Backs, Mana Drain, etc and taunts for boss hunts..

Once you get the agroo system working where bosses don't ignore taunt just because Person A is doing a sh*t ton of damage, you can replace DN with a more useful skill..
I stick by my decision of 30% vitality converts to strength or maybe a Ranged skill that does damage based on Vitality ( similar to ffs, but less % )
I think a "boss Taunt" might be a waste of a slot seeing as they already have an AOE Taunt and Single Target Taunt..
If you take away DN NOBODY IS GOING TO PLAY A VIT DEFENDER. WTF would the point vs just playing a str defender?

No crap people only make a vit defender for to be a meatshield...thats the point...its a support class. Giving them more damage is just retarded...you want damage on a defender go str, you want to be a meatshield go vit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DretoNEX View Post
Honestly the only thing i would replace dn with would be Boss Taunt or Party Hide.
Just curious...when you tested DN nerf was it with nerfed blunt mastery? If so people probably just thought it was amazing because blunt mastery was nerfed.
Gadwin83 is offline  
Old   #88
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 269
Received Thanks: 66
Removing DN is just like playing as AD Carry without a Support in LoL
xHaiBai is offline  
Old   #89
 
elite*gold: 110
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 516
Received Thanks: 89
I withdraw my previous statement.. You have have played rohan to long and have not expanded your gaming knowledge beyond that.

In my opinion, DN is broken..
If you dislike the converting vit to strength.. Then how about a skill that heals every time you block...
Make it more interesting rather than just DN, afk follow while "glass cannon" whipes an entire farming party....

If you guys want to keep DN as an option, then reflection for templars should reflect negative effects and not all effects for a duration.
Example: Negate all negative effects for 35 seconds on lvl 7
My Example: Negate 7 negative effects on level 7 ( One Minute or until 7 effects are negated)
peinful is offline  
Old   #90
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 10
Received Thanks: 7
With fixed blunt mastery you won't be wiping entire parties in a half dozen swings. What does DN essentially do...it gives one toon like 5x hp, at a cost of you having to play a character with awful dps. If you attack a party and you have 5 people attacking you, even with DN you'll maybe have time to kill one of them before you die. That is, unless they use their own DN, obli, or other defensive skill depending on their class.

Plus for as long as I've played on retail, the times I've actually had a templar with a vit pet pk me have been far and few between. They don't need them...they're going to kill you in 1-3 hits, and you can't stun them with reflect. By the time the ****** servers even recognize that you wanted to hit them back half your party is already dead and the other half is calling the guy a ***** as they run in circles because they know templars broken and they won't win lol.


Gadwin83 is offline  
Reply



« Previous Thread | Next Thread »



All times are GMT +2. The time now is 20:34.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.

Support | Contact Us | FAQ | Advertising | Privacy Policy | Abuse
Copyright ©2017 elitepvpers All Rights Reserved.