Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rappelz > Rappelz Private Server
You last visited: Today at 18:42

  • Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

 

[Help Thread] Please post your questions here.

Reply
 
Old   #4426
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 303
Received Thanks: 30
Hello,
So i have world buffs working now, But they don't buff pets for some reason. Anyone happen now why? Thank you again for all the help



tokesbowls is offline  
Old   #4427
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 74
Received Thanks: 6
NPC

[quote=bluedev;31555888]Have you run the smp billing fix ismoke posted?
Is this setting:
T:game.cash_usable_server:1 set to 0?
If I set it to 0, I couldn't see certain NPC's even if the local flag was correct.[/QUOTEe]

Thanks, yes I ran ismoke's billing fix and game.cash_usable_server set to 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ismokedrow View Post
Then it is most certainly a local_flag issue, make sure to read my how-to closely.
Thanks, I just thought that maybe the 9.1 server had a different setup as I noticed that the npc resource has different columns, will go through your how to again, just a quick one, do some "not used NPC's" in Arcadia not show even if local flag is changed to 0.


bertie2008 is offline  
Old   #4428
Moderator
 
elite*gold: 1
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 3,148
Received Thanks: 1,032
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertie2008 View Post
do some "not used NPC's" in Arcadia not show even if local flag is changed to 0.
It is possible that if you are changing the local_flag you may have to rewrite the rdb file in order for the change to run through to the client.

You have a couple of other options.

1. Use an NPC who is unused but the local_flag is already 0 (not even sure if this is possible local_flag 0 may mean that it is being used.)

2. (This is what I do) Duplicate an NPC who is already being used and has a local_flag of 0 and put them in more than one place. Rappelz does this already for common NPCs that open the same Market resources in more than one place.

I use the Lamia Girl for my markets in all of the towns. (Idea came from Stars file release) In towns I feel that there should be 2 markets I use the abomination girl. (It is cool to have the Lamia girl floating there, ready to sell you all of your cash shop needs.)

The NPC IDs are duplicated that part really does not matter. What matters is the X, Y, Z location of where you put them, and their contact_script.

Using method 2 the only thing I had to do was restart the game servers. I did not need to write an RDB. I didn't even have to write an RDB for market resource after adding all of the shop items.

Hope this helps out.
ThunderNikk is offline  
Old   #4429
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 74
Received Thanks: 6
NPC

Quote:
Originally Posted by thndr View Post
It is possible that if you are changing the local_flag you may have to rewrite the rdb file in order for the change to run through to the client.

You have a couple of other options.

1. Use an NPC who is unused but the local_flag is already 0 (not even sure if this is possible local_flag 0 may mean that it is being used.)

2. (This is what I do) Duplicate an NPC who is already being used and has a local_flag of 0 and put them in more than one place. Rappelz does this already for common NPCs that open the same Market resources in more than one place.

I use the Lamia Girl for my markets in all of the towns. (Idea came from Stars file release) In towns I feel that there should be 2 markets I use the abomination girl. (It is cool to have the Lamia girl floating there, ready to sell you all of your cash shop needs.)

The NPC IDs are duplicated that part really does not matter. What matters is the X, Y, Z location of where you put them, and their contact_script.

Using method 2 the only thing I had to do was restart the game servers. I did not need to write an RDB. I didn't even have to write an RDB for market resource after adding all of the shop items.

Hope this helps out.
Thanks thndr, I'm sure that's what my problem is, I was most probably lucky that the NPC I previously used was already saved to the client


bertie2008 is offline  
Old   #4430
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 146
Received Thanks: 34
Ranking system % exp percantage and guild T-sql code know ?
Aurorauser is offline  
Old   #4431
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 404
Received Thanks: 31
..



it's comes suddenly
some help ?
Sherock is offline  
Old   #4432
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 171
Received Thanks: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherock View Post
..



it's comes suddenly
some help ?
Make sure :

1- service is running
or
2- put [YourNameMachine] in server name
Modamer9 is offline  
Old   #4433
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 8
Received Thanks: 0
pleas help this problem Occurs when i have lots of items in my bag -_-"

any Suggestions?

You must register and activate your account in order to view images.
zackfire96 is offline  
Old   #4434
Moderator
 
elite*gold: 1
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 3,148
Received Thanks: 1,032
Quote:
Originally Posted by zackfire96 View Post
pleas help this problem Occurs when i have lots of items in my bag -_-"

any Suggestions?
You need to correct your billing SMPs you should refer to the 9.1 guide I am not sure if you are running the 9.1 release but the guide has the billing fixes posted in it.
ThunderNikk is offline  
Old   #4435
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 10
Received Thanks: 11
Greetings,

I've been trying to bind a skill to an item.
I created an identical copy of the "Large Snowball" item (2000177), linked to the same skill (10010) as the original. I tested the copied item in-game and it worked.
Then I created an identical copy of the linked skill in both SkillResource and SkillStage and linked the new skill to the copied item.
However, now when I test the item in game It fails with the message "You do not have the required skill to use this item."
If I use learn_skill(), both the skill and the item work fine, but learning the skill obviously defeats the point of the item.
While trying to figure this out I've also noticed that, unlike my copied skill, the original skill (10010) doesn't appear to be learnable through learn_skill(), and neither are any of the other skills linked to various scrolls that I've tried.

I'm obviously missing something related to the skill, but I can't seem to find any other tables referencing it.
Any help would be very much appreciated.
Dark.Gts is offline  
Old   #4436
Moderator
 
elite*gold: 1
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 3,148
Received Thanks: 1,032
Have you created all of the new RDBs for the client.
ThunderNikk is offline  
Old   #4437
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 10
Received Thanks: 11
Of course. I think neither the copied item nor the copied skill would have worked at all otherwise.
Dark.Gts is offline  
Old   #4438
Moderator
 
elite*gold: 1
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 3,148
Received Thanks: 1,032
If it is a complete copy of item and skill without adding a new ID, you are not changing anything yet but adding a duplicated line.

I am sorry but really all you said was you copied an item and copied it's linked skill. So not knowing if you created new IDs or how you copied these items makes it difficult to say were you went wrong.
ThunderNikk is offline  
Old   #4439
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 10
Received Thanks: 11
I apologize, I should have added more detail.

- I created a duplicate of the snowball item (2000177) in ItemResource and gave the copy the unused ID 800000000. The ID is the only thing I changed, the rest of the data is identical, meaning 'opt_var1_0' still links to the skill ID 10010, which is the large snowball skill.

- I then exported the ItemResource to RDB, hashed the RDB, put it in the resource folder, started the game and the server, spawned the items 2000177 and 800000000 in my inventory, and both worked fine.

- Next, I created a duplicates of the skill 10010 in SkillResource, SkillFullResource (for export), and SkillStage, changing only the ID of the duplicates to the unused ID 10020, and in ItemResource I changed 'opt_var1_0' from 10010 to 10020 for item 800000000, thereby linking the the duplicate skill to the item.

- After exporting SkillFullResource, SkillStage and ItemResource to RDB and restarting both the game and server,
the duplicate item (800000000) no longer works ("You do not have the required skill to use this item."), unless I learn the duplicate skill via learn_skill(10020), in which case both the new item and the new skill by itself work perfectly fine. I did, however, also notice that the original skill can't be learned by means of learn_skill(10010), which in turn leads me to believe that I have missed some sort of flag/type in another table, but I can't seem to find anything.
Dark.Gts is offline  
Old   #4440
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,570
Received Thanks: 1,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark.Gts View Post
I apologize, I should have added more detail.

- I created a duplicate of the snowball item (2000177) in ItemResource and gave the copy the unused ID 800000000. The ID is the only thing I changed, the rest of the data is identical, meaning 'opt_var1_0' still links to the skill ID 10010, which is the large snowball skill.

- I then exported the ItemResource to RDB, hashed the RDB, put it in the resource folder, started the game and the server, spawned the items 2000177 and 800000000 in my inventory, and both worked fine.

- Next, I created a duplicates of the skill 10010 in SkillResource, SkillFullResource (for export), and SkillStage, changing only the ID of the duplicates to the unused ID 10020, and in ItemResource I changed 'opt_var1_0' from 10010 to 10020 for item 800000000, thereby linking the the duplicate skill to the item.

- After exporting SkillFullResource, SkillStage and ItemResource to RDB and restarting both the game and server,
the duplicate item (800000000) no longer works ("You do not have the required skill to use this item."), unless I learn the duplicate skill via learn_skill(10020), in which case both the new item and the new skill by itself work perfectly fine. I did, however, also notice that the original skill can't be learned by means of learn_skill(10010), which in turn leads me to believe that I have missed some sort of flag/type in another table, but I can't seem to find anything.
Is this skill in SkillJPResource too? And all values in skilljpresource set to 0?


c1ph3r is offline  
Reply

Tags
7.4, client, rappelz



« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Similar Threads
[Helping Topic] 24/7 Helping Services!
stucked on anything while setuping your server? post your problem here and you will get answer as fast as possible better than spamming with posts...
31 Replies - EO PServer Hosting



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 18:42.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.

Support | Contact Us | FAQ | Advertising | Privacy Policy | Abuse
Copyright ©2017 elitepvpers All Rights Reserved.