Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 12:47

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Let's talk - Private servers 2020

Discussion on Let's talk - Private servers 2020 within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old 09/18/2020, 02:14   #121

elite*gold: 0
I've been around sro since 2006 and have been both player and gm on quite a few pservers, so this is my humble opinion. The game is simply overplayed & outdated. Players LOVE what sro is, but truly can't take playing it anymore so they rage & complain, because they can't find a modern game just like it.
So no matter how many various servers open up, the average player will not truly be excited to play, even tho they will try.
Also, allowing players direct 24/7 access to the people who Own / Admin a server via things like Discord is bad. No matter what the players say, you dont want that constantly. If you're gonna make a server, stay outa sight (except for ingame GM's who oversee everything), be bold and create your own ideas & STAY with them, advertise your server, open it and keep in the shadows monitoring the activity.
If your server concept is good from GO it will keep dedicated players, if it's not so good it will die no matter what changes you try.

I wish you good luck!
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/22/2020, 20:20   #122

1.The GOOD server cant be maid because you need to pay for server maintenance i just assume that can be around 500-1000$ per month i dont know prices for machine that will run server...So people donate and owner pay the maintenance thats GOOD but since there is alot of donators peoples now trying to make money from keeping server running thats bad..
2.IF some GUILD/GUILDS thats is POPULAR and that guild join the server 95% of players will play on that server so thats why GUILD get something in return and now THE GUILD WILL BE STRONGEST ON SERVER so players get behind because they go thief and normal players who are not donators go trading and they ruined the game from start...And 1 more thing if guild leave everybody start leaving till server get dead So here guilty going to GUILD and PLAYERS...

HOW WILL PERFECT SERVER LOOKS
(JUST FIX UP 2 THING)
This is how...
1.Put donations just to keep server online so who donate will donate to help server and get nothing in return(just fun on the server caues he can play) like if maintenace for serv is 500$ you put 700$, 200$ will go to owner/scripter cause atleast theny need to buy some snacks and drinks while work on server updates so but thats so hard cause OWNERS WANTS MONEY
2.WHO WNAT TO PLAY GO PLAY now if you dont have donations every body who plays need to get eq and other thing from gamesby just simple playing so the GUILD problem fixed there gona be strongest player but the fun thing is that can be you or you wont get to far behind with EQ and other itmes....
Old 09/25/2020, 07:56   #123

Holy **** lol. I cant believe I remember my account here after maybe 5 years.

Anyways I love the discussion on this thread, I read all of it.
I pretty much agree with most things said on this thread.

But not gonna lie if you ******** create a server that you think is decent I will still play.
I have been playing since 60 Cap I think.

Just my two cents why dont all the guys with colorful names get togethere and create a server since they claim to be more mature now and have learned from past mistakes?
Old 09/27/2020, 15:59   #124

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwntsome View Post
Holy **** lol. I cant believe I remember my account here after maybe 5 years.

Anyways I love the discussion on this thread, I read all of it.
I pretty much agree with most things said on this thread.

But not gonna lie if you ******** create a server that you think is decent I will still play.
I have been playing since 60 Cap I think.

Just my two cents why dont all the guys with colorful names get togethere and create a server since they claim to be more mature now and have learned from past mistakes?
Money ...
Old 10/04/2020, 04:30   #125

You just have to realise that SRO simply need to shut down all pservers, and re open oficial with 1xp bot allowed 2 accounts at max and new management, as long there is p servers there will be no "1 year guaranted " rofl, and yes, this is a micro management game, so , smart players and community players will get boosted for that.

Just delet all p servers, and that huge profit they get, re open iSRO with new world order, fix the problems ( duh , seems so easy ) and get the old gamers back on track, and atract the millenials.
Old 10/05/2020, 22:44   #126

elite*gold: 103
Silkroad has not changed by a pence. Also - we are the community of it. This is just your claim- I had a break from it for 5-6 years then came back for nonsense.. and that's how it goes.
Old 10/06/2020, 13:06   #127

Crazy how long it's been since I played iSRO.

I kind of shuffle around all kinds of PServers, don't really care much, as long as I find suitable rates where I can level up fast, do some traderuns etc I'm happy with it. Pretty much what SRO has become for me, just a pasttime of trades while doing other things, it's slow and peaceful.

Do miss the old days of the first servers like ecsro and how massive they were.
How hyped esro was to introduce europe in the private server community and ****
Old 10/06/2020, 13:17   #128

I wish Joymax would open a progressive server.
It would start at cap 60 (or 70) and each year they increase the cap, up to level 90 or 100 maximum.
No fatigue bullshit, Item Mall mainly for avatars, pets, clocks, premiums and scrolls. I'd love if they would nerf or remove the attack/defense increase scrolls, as well as the ressurect scrolls and keep only the non-pay2win items and aspects of the Item Mall.

Old events, oldest avatars, no fellow pets, almost exactly like in 2007-2008, no goldbots, 3 pc/ip limit, botting allowed for X amount of time a day or only supervised by the character owner (after all, this game was meant to be botted) or just increase the quests experience reward. Basically removing all the pay2win and botting aspects of the game and going back to its 2007-2008 roots where people would stall up in the towns, selling all kinds of items.

What could go wrong? I am sure they would attact lots of players and make more money than they make now by opening those servers.

Remember this? Look at the town. Full of people, full of stallers.
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/06/2020, 13:55   #129

elite*gold: 29
Aweosme days,

for real what if they have a server where they increase the XP rate little bit,
avoid P2W methods - dude I'd go hard 24/7 on that server.

either they are too stupid to understand this or they don't care anymore.

I mean they can get the triple of $$ they are making now from ISRO and R SRO ..etc

to those who will open publish a NEW server soon,

BOX system is a big fail
Drops system is a big fail.

THINK OUT OF THE BOX
Old 10/06/2020, 13:59   #130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suave◉_◉ View Post
they don't care anymore.
There's the answer.
Old 10/09/2020, 22:48   #131

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suave◉_◉ View Post
Aweosme days,

for real what if they have a server where they increase the XP rate little bit,
avoid P2W methods - dude I'd go hard 24/7 on that server.

either they are too stupid to understand this or they don't care anymore.

I mean they can get the triple of $$ they are making now from ISRO and R SRO ..etc

to those who will open publish a NEW server soon,

BOX system is a big fail
Drops system is a big fail.

THINK OUT OF THE BOX
There is a private server , based on isro-r real files, the unique server in silkroad privates platform, is called Sailor Online, latest content of Silkroad, lag free, bug free, 100% play2win. Max cap 130 rates 40x solo / 45x party. I just want to remind you , a private server or any server cannot survive without donations, no developer out there wants to pay from his own pocket just to keep you entertained, but the difference is Sailor has reached the peak of perfection, either you're donater or not , you have equal possibilities..
Old 10/12/2020, 11:30   #132

I wish somebody would just make a 100 cap server, no bullshit no pay2win no greedy trash owner like 99% of hte other servers, but hell i guess the most wanted cap is dead or profit farmed like hell.

The only server i play on right now is origin sro, because of the no bot thing, **** bots legit. They ruin servers so hard. If anyone is making or knows of a better 100 cap no massive pay2win no bots transparant team, let me know, this game really needs one of those

-And yes i know whoever runs this one isn't really giving 2 ***** either, but atleast it functions decently.
Old 10/13/2020, 04:26   #133

I feel the same way even if I didnt play SRO that much but its true. Every pserver is almost the same sh.t except their level gaps or R-Skill system or original....

Non-bot servers like Origin were the only servers i realy were able to enjoy game in the past years. But origin turned p2w after some time sadly and their balance is fked.
Atm I only can recommend jsro since their is no way to donate for items/silk (Owner do this server for fun) instead you get Silk by every quest (never did so many quests in SRO ) and you are forbidden to bot (I dont like Bot-servers at all so its a + for me). Its maybe the fairest serversetup i have seen in years.

Biggest joke in sro-pserver are those 8 hwid limits or 4 pc/ip with 8 bots each anyway.
wtf is this? Whats the fun in servers where 1 person use 10 bots + ? xddd
Old 10/15/2020, 21:14   #134

There are servers that are trying to avoid pay2win as much as possible by limiting the value of shop items and by adding different ways to earn silk ingame! Try some of those!
Old 10/15/2020, 21:22   #135
Chat Killer In Duty

elite*gold: 5
Received Thanks: 6,236
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanteds View Post
There are servers that are trying to avoid pay2win as much as possible by limiting the value of shop items and by adding different ways to earn silk ingame! Try some of those!
the issue here is

as long as they give free xp, max items and easy means to get "good" on silks, it will still be an issue

the only way silks can be used and not diminish the core gameplay is just having them as cosmetics or as features for globals and such
Thanks
1 User