Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 12:39

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Let's talk - Private servers 2020

Discussion on Let's talk - Private servers 2020 within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old 10/29/2020, 14:11   #136

elite*gold: 0
Well, here I am throwing in my 2 cents since I hardly ever post... As a former waster for a few thousand dollars on hiring people to make promises they couldn't keep (this is my fault for being a little bit to young and throwing money at people)

I have played SRO since ~2006ish. Been a GM/EM then tried to open a new idea server for my dad(this is where I wasted a bunch of that sweet green to this wonderful community of devs). Then I settled on a non-public private server for me and my friends whenever we want to play with a few noobs edits that I can manage. I currently play like origin online here and there when I want some player interaction(mainly because of no bots).

I think that Donations should only be for skin items or items that won't completely destroy gameplay. SoX Boxes...silk scrolls.... all of it is a game breaker. a low exp server .5x-2x should be enough. drop rate should be .5x-1.3x and SoX drop rate should be .5x-1x. Combat this with quest giving out a little more exp.(I finally got some quest working on my personal server). I think a VERY SLOW progressive server from 60-90 or even 100 would be almost perfect. I would probably be playing that more than I should. I am a donator to NON play2win servers. I miss what silkroad used to be.

I've played on way too many pservers just trying to find that "great time" I have stayed on a few severs for years because it was as close as I get. But, normally I'm stuck with playing around with my own files because I cant find the magic touch that iSRO brought on the 70cap-80cap-90 cap.

To be honest I wish I had an answer to what I want. but a normal server with a low drop rate and probably a couple more quest would probably settle my desires.

Now if you want to talk what I'd love. (if we were stuck with out current engine) I wish someone could re-vamp the WHOLE MAP. Change character skins and the skills all together give the game a brand new refresh, But that a low-level dream. A high level dream is as we all want a GOOD silkroad refresh new engine. almost same concept new ideas.... ahh but we can dream can't we?
Old 11/01/2020, 17:18   #137

Sorry but you cannot bring anything to new , It`s private = Made in China.
Pserver community is boring.. Actually there is no community no real friends like old isro days so trash talks on going in this thread.
Old 12/17/2020, 10:56   #138

Sailor 110 Red Sea is the only worth private server joining right now, isro-R files, play2win system, exp rates x5 so you don't reach cap in 2days, stable server and active community and PC limit 1... I mean, I'm not getting paid to say this but for me it's the only one worth joining if you're interested in box systems / pay2win servers & filled with bots with pc limit 10 and edited vsro servers then yeah the server is probably not for you but if you're looking for original experience with latest files then yeah Sailor is the only hope left (atleast for me)
Old 12/25/2020, 15:06   #139

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowStyle™ View Post
Sailor 110 Red Sea is the only worth private server joining right now, isro-R files, play2win system, exp rates x5 so you don't reach cap in 2days, stable server and active community and PC limit 1... I mean, I'm not getting paid to say this but for me it's the only one worth joining if you're interested in box systems / pay2win servers & filled with bots with pc limit 10 and edited vsro servers then yeah the server is probably not for you but if you're looking for original experience with latest files then yeah Sailor is the only hope left (atleast for me)
As an experienced Sailor player I can say this:
Since 2008 till 2020 we played on the same files , files which were leaked in 2008 , so since then , there was nothing new, 12 years of private servers, every server had the same system till 2020 and everybody modified it in thousand of versions. Megamax brought us something new, isro-r files,but sadly - my personal opinion- good files in wrong hands , regarding management ( Same as Zyain - RIGID )
That files can do magic , bring back together everybody, but sadly ppl lost their confidence , because of his bad management. Joymax tried once again to get back their players and somehow they succeeded. 80% of silkroad players joined back isro , tr version, I'm about to move there too cuz I know it's the official server, everybody started from 0, lots of pay2win features disabled and I have the insurance that the server won't close cuz " we don't have donations to keep it alive" . I cannot trust a private server to invest on it, later to get the answer "I will keep the server alive as long as I'm getting donations" or to be a part of a project ruled by rude administrators, if you ask what is going with the server that you've paid the host in the last 3 months, getting warned with perma ban or getting muted without any reason.
I've been hyped up when I heard about this project and I dedicated my time, supported the project in all ways, cuz I didn't want it to die so easy, I treid to drag ppl in there, I tried to support ppl ingame and explain everybody how it's working, I helped my friends and guild mates in all ways , just to keep them unite and nobody to leave cuz of " pay2win " thing, I tried my best and in the end Megamax gave up , in the middle of the fight , opening a new server - basically jumped into the circle of Open -> get money -> close -> reopen -. Instead of trying to improve the server which started everything for him, gave up and opened a new server, with less potential and killed the first server, cuz in his opinion "cap 130 lost it's shining"
That being said for me this is the end of private servers, last hope was megamax , but that hope died aswell..
Thanks
4 Users
Old 12/25/2020, 17:45   #140

its all about the money...nothing more..
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/25/2020, 22:51   #141

Unfortunately it's deep embedded into Korean society to be money thirsty...
Old 12/25/2020, 23:49   #142

Angry You want to fix it?

Start by not opening a new server, limit the amount of trash private servers, i see servers already dead within the first day of opening, too much trash, no direction. Why is ISRO have full servers still? What is the difference? Advertising? I don't think so...Nostalgia? Maybe!, in the other hand what is the purpose of a private server? Make things easier? An alternative to the painful wait time to login to ISRO? All I know is that im very annoyed by all these private servers, so much that im willing to pay Joymax 30 dollars because i TRUST them more than any other generic, copy and paste, inferior private servers "Elera" "Gladious" Mamba" "Lumina" so much trash names for private servers....If i had the chance i could delete all those private servers and create a single server, then everyone will "CONFIRM" and stop whining when oh the rates are too low...very disappointed on private servers, DELETE THEM ALL!!
Old 12/26/2020, 05:16   #143

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyNetZ View Post
Start by not opening a new server, limit the amount of trash private servers, i see servers already dead within the first day of opening, too much trash, no direction. Why is ISRO have full servers still? What is the difference? Advertising? I don't think so...Nostalgia? Maybe!, in the other hand what is the purpose of a private server? Make things easier? An alternative to the painful wait time to login to ISRO? All I know is that im very annoyed by all these private servers, so much that im willing to pay Joymax 30 dollars because i TRUST them more than any other generic, copy and paste, inferior private servers "Elera" "Gladious" Mamba" "Lumina" so much trash names for private servers....If i had the chance i could delete all those private servers and create a single server, then everyone will "CONFIRM" and stop whining when oh the rates are too low...very disappointed on private servers, DELETE THEM ALL!!
Hey!
In my opinion the long term private server, is not all about players , it's about server's management aswell. I agree with hard rates , I agree with slow farm , I agree with manually servers where no 3rd program is allowed , but somehow the admins must give me the insurance that the server will last more than 1 month ( everybody who opens a server, pays the host for 1 month then waiting for donations to be able to pay further) and that is definitely not the definition of long term, assure me the server will last atleast 5 years by buying a host server of 5 years then yes, you will get my confidence and I will support your project till the end.
As a private server player, I'm used to these 1 week lifetime servers, and I'm trying to get everything as fast as possible, to be able to enjoy the server before it dies. Telling me , the server is long term , in which way? Hard rates? No, server settings are not the only thing that gives a long term gameplay. In the end Silkroad it's also a business, for a successful business , you have to invest in your own project , then wait for incomes. Every server it's like that nowadays : Open -> big amount of donations -> 2~3 weeks of activity -> no donations -> close -> reopen with a new name -> donations etc etc and this cycle will never end. The donations purpose is to support the project, if I decide to support your project , that doesn't mean I wanna get stronger, it's because I like your project and I want to keep it alive.
That's why I'm about to shift to the official server aswell , I know I'm paying for my entertainment but atleast I have the insurance the server won't close within 2 weeks , or whenever the server has no income..
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/26/2020, 13:08   #144

Did you guys notice that the owner and admins of every new server is ALWAYS some1 no1 has seen be4? Why is that: They all create new Discord accounts and hide their identity.
So the cycle is: create new discord account -> open server -> milk players -> close -> repeat.

Megamax used to be a good friend but he disappointed me with his greediness. He told me many times he is doing this all because he loves sro. However SRO is just a business for him. I am also really tired of this dogs hiding always yet getting exposed always.

Like we all do know that MeGaMaX is the RIGID owner Eve and RIGID is ZiCO aka eAM.

I will never support a project by MeGaMaX anymore.
Thanks
4 Users
Old 12/26/2020, 13:25   #145

elite*gold: 83
Come on guys haven't we all gotten used to this ****** Doo **** by now.

Players put so much faith into someone they don't even know and then act surprise "OMG I can't believe this, It turned out he was a piece of **** all along"

At this point I don't know who to blame the server owners or the players.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 12/26/2020, 13:51   #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyNetZ View Post
ISRO is full because they merged almost 50 global servers into like 8. And the remaining players are just braindead botters with minimum 20 chars each.

It might even be the case of Joymax making the servers look crowded, so that remaining addicts would keep paying for login.
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/27/2020, 02:55   #147

i doubt u can do it bro there are a set of rules for sro pservers and if u break them the haters will ddos attack u like they did in atomix .
literally the best server i played in 100% balanced and i don't mean buffs and **** , i mean what ever the activity u like doing in sro you would be able to compete at the max level with literally any one else even the guys that play the game as a pay to win .
it had a **** ton of players all day long doing all kinds of activities no matter what it is u wanted to do u'll find people to do it with and against.
needless to say the ddos attacks ended the server they were relentless and they picked the peak times like FW and arena times.
so i doubt u can break the normal parameters set by *** knows what idiot.
Old 12/30/2020, 22:58   #148

Honestly pservers come and go as there is greed in a lot of the owners of those servers. They will buy or rent developers to open up their servers for them. Make a grand and then close the server. Then there are server owners that take the time to build up the server in private to test and add things so the opening will be a wow factor and create the player base.

Honestly silkroad is all about the player base in each server and it would be awesome to have a completely full server like old times in isro. I miss the fortress wars and the competition. I don't post a lot in these forums anymore but I like to look at the new things going on.
Old 01/01/2021, 10:10   #149

its all about the money, nothing more. kekw
Old 01/04/2021, 16:47   #150

Quote:
Originally Posted by L0GiCx View Post
its all about the money, nothing more. kekw
See I have been on both sides of the fence as far as having a private server and also being a player. Yes there is server owners out there where they want to make a quick buck and then there's server owners that are trying to keep the game alive and build a player base. And right now I am actually developing a new silkroad private server. We arent opening or releasing it until we fix everything. All I worry about is having the server payment paid. I don't care about making money off the server. Its not what I am doing this for. I am doing it for the love of the game and the fun I have had in servers at fortress war and large events.

This game is pretty huge as far as what can be accomplished in it. Like in my server we have a new skill mastery. We are deploying every avatar known in game and some genuine new avatars never seen before. Im not going to go into a detailed advertisement on what we offer and everything as its still in alpha.

Me and my friend that is working on our server we both have FT IT jobs. We don't need to make money off the game. But there will be items in game you buy with real money just to pay for server expenses. Alot of people don't understand how much it costs to keep a server running. You don't just go and get a vps and load the files on it and go. You have to pay domain, webserver, SQL licenses, if you don't code the website yourself you need to pay a designer. I mean there's expenses that the general player doesn't think about when it comes to a game server. But just like anything else its the bad owners that ruin it for the owners just trying to release a server everyone would enjoy and would play.
Thanks
1 User