Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rohan
You last visited: Today at 07:33

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

looking for a team member

Old   #46

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by im batman View Post
Then the question becomes:

Why create a Rohan private server, Maintain it, Add to it, Support it, just so others can play on it?

I'm gonna just throw this out there...

Being the good samaritan and putting up a private server for everyone else to enjoy, but yourself really getting nothing but the privilege of running it, even if you are breaking even with it, gets really old, really fast. It stops being fun and becomes real work.

I mean seriously - your players expect you to be available 24/7 because, well, they are playing 24/7. You can't actually play it yourself without seriously pissing off your players to the point where they charge back their donations on you and accuse you of favoring their opponents if they actually see you talk to anyone in a friendly way in-game. All you can do is run the damn thing and pay the bills. Boring!!

If the server is not making decent money, I mean enough to give you motivations to make it great, there really is no point in going through the whole exercise. It is a thankless job and all you really get is players griping at you because the server it doesn't work they way they personally want it to work (which is directly opposite of what the guys over there want it to run like).

I will give you this : All servers have a honeymoon stage during the first couple months of their opening. After that, people get bored and leave until you have less than 100 players online at one time. That 100 players will not be donating enough to pay for a server that is setting you back $400-$500/month for a decent physical one (not a stinking VPS like ammad's which are dirt cheap) unless it is really really special and makes a lot of people happy (very, Very, VERY rare).

None of us really gives a rat's ass what you pay for your cheap-ass VPS.
Exactly this. Everyone trying to run a server for free should step away already. It wont work. By now rohan is more or less a business for me, i scratched the idea of a complete free 2 play server long ago. On the other hand, if you charge your players, you should aswell give them something for it. Not only the items they get for their money but aswell a quality server of course. Indo servers are a whole other topic there.

Either way, a good dedi of a company which ignores DCMA costs roughly 100-150$ a month and is totally fine so actual running costs are minimal.

Thanks
1 User
Old   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfRohan View Post
Exactly this. Everyone trying to run a server for free should step away already. It wont work. By now rohan is more or less a business for me, i scratched the idea of a complete free 2 play server long ago. On the other hand, if you charge your players, you should aswell give them something for it. Not only the items they get for their money but aswell a quality server of course. Indo servers are a whole other topic there.

Either way, a good dedi of a company which ignores DCMA costs roughly 100-150$ a month and is totally fine so actual running costs are minimal.
You're Right
I forgot about DMCA
Thanks for reminding and i has delete my videos already

Old   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammadpurba View Post
You're Right
I forgot about DMCA
Thanks for reminding and i has delete my videos already
HAHA. you bully oldrohan before when that server has been close. and now you want him to be your buddies so that he will teach you? you're so fake ammad! fake fake! include your master also. HAHA. you posting your crappy video for what? to let of us know that you are not corrupt? HAHA same old stories. even babies dont trust you. you know that? HAHA
Old   #49

I dont remember him bullying OldRohan, but yea hes still the village troll to me.

Old   #50

to be truthful I haven't seen ammad bully anyone.

He gets bullied mostly because his posts are 90% nonsense and he spams his **** shamelessly. He plays the part of village idiot perfectly but I don't see any bullying coming from him.
Old   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfRohan View Post
I dont remember him bullying OldRohan, but yea hes still the village troll to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by im batman View Post
to be truthful I haven't seen ammad bully anyone.

He gets bullied mostly because his posts are 90% nonsense and he spams his **** shamelessly. He plays the part of village idiot perfectly but I don't see any bullying coming from him.
yes. he's not bullying here in Elitepvpers. but in facebook? private message to he's old friend.
so many of them already spread some screenshot conversation

ill try to find another capture conversation on other's groups.

he is playing safe here because he want's something.
Old   #52

Even that I would not call bullying. He doesn't like many of the devs here. The feeling is mutual for most of us. He just got his nose out of joint long ago because we would not teach him how to create of hack rohan pservers.
Old   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by matabibi View Post
yes. he's not bullying here in Elitepvpers. but in facebook? private message to he's old friend.
so many of them already spread some screenshot conversation

ill try to find another capture conversation on other's groups.

he is playing safe here because he want's something.

Facts ;
1. I have run server longer than them
2. I am not bullying
3. I am Not So bad
Old   #54

1. No you havent sir.
2. Maybe a little.
3. You are bad indeed. Running a server and the timeframe related to it doesnt proof anything. Its about what you can do and what you do. You, sir, are just a leecher pulling from others work without own skills.
Thanks
1 User
Old   #55

the funny thing is. "correct me if im wrong"
regarding to tools, guidelines etc.
asdfRohan and other's help marco then mamad and marvin depends on marco.
in the otherview mamad sells what he learn to someone else for his server funds. sounds cool right .
huuwaat. what a coincidence the 3 "M's" collide
Old   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammadpurba View Post
VPS ? have you ever rent a server before ?
Yup. And I have brains enough not to rent one hosted in the U.S. or a VPS (c'mon, you know what VPS means. Don't play stupid.)
Old   #57

Im Interest PM Me if u want me .
Old   #58

^ I would avoid this fellow. Seriously. ^

Thanks
2 Users