Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rohan
You last visited: Today at 02:45

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

looking for a team member

Old   #16

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by RitoYuuki View Post
Well, i had a 99 Server once.
Its cool for like 2-3 Weeks but People getting borred to fast cause you cant do rly new Stuff there cause of the Limited Stuff (with the real 99 Files not 110 one).

You can do so much more with 110 one.
Since there is way more to play with.
The server failed because not enough people played on it. Most people play rohan for the pvp, so if there is not enough pvp, people will quit. Also, most people that are willing to play rohan right now are already busy with another server, it's difficult to pull people away from those servers and all their time-investment.

Old   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Hitagi View Post
The server failed because not enough people played on it. Most people play rohan for the pvp, so if there is not enough pvp, people will quit. Also, most people that are willing to play rohan right now are already busy with another server, it's difficult to pull people away from those servers and all their time-investment.
Servers always start out with large populations when they open. If there is a cap of 99 on the server there are severe limits to what can be done on that server.

Yes a lot of people play for the pvp. And there would be pvp on a 99-capped server as there would be on a server with a 110 or 115 cap. There is just so much pvp that people want to do before they start looking for something more. A lvl-99 capped server will hit that wall a lot faster than a server that has that lvl 115 cap + all the dungeons/bosses/activities that comes with that higher cap.

Thanks
2 Users
Old   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by im batman View Post
Servers always start out with large populations when they open. If there is a cap of 99 on the server there are severe limits to what can be done on that server.

Yes a lot of people play for the pvp. And there would be pvp on a 99-capped server as there would be on a server with a 110 or 115 cap. There is just so much pvp that people want to do before they start looking for something more. A lvl-99 capped server will hit that wall a lot faster than a server that has that lvl 115 cap + all the dungeons/bosses/activities that comes with that higher cap.
If the 99-cap is what limits the server, how come Xor was so popular? It was capped at 99 for a long time, and also had the highest population pre-cap increase.
Even though there might be more to do on the Hero servers, NOBODY (except an autistic few), plays Rohan for the PVE content. Xor was successful because it had so many ******* people, and so much PVP. That's what keeps a server alive. Everyone loved vanilla rohan when it came, and plenty hated the Hero patches with even more OP boss drops, and the new AoE-passives and AoE FfS. Also, meaning the death for many builds, especially crit based classes and classes not based on melee/magic/ranged atk force for damage.

As I stated earlier, there are so many servers now, it would be impossible to convince and gather everyone into one new server, because people have already dedicated too much time on the other servers, to want to give it all up just like that.
Old   #19

xor was popular cuz it was the only pserver back then, period.

Old   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by kthxbai2 View Post
xor was popular cuz it was the only pserver back then, period.
A lot of people played there because it was the only server back then, which lead to a lot of people, which lead to a lot of PVP.
Old   #21

Quote:
If the 99-cap is what limits the server, how come Xor was so popular? It was capped at 99 for a long time, and also had the highest population pre-cap increase.
Even though there might be more to do on the Hero servers, NOBODY (except an autistic few), plays Rohan for the PVE content. Xor was successful because it had so many ******* people, and so much PVP. That's what keeps a server alive. Everyone loved vanilla rohan when it came, and plenty hated the Hero patches with even more OP boss drops, and the new AoE-passives and AoE FfS. Also, meaning the death for many builds, especially crit based classes and classes not based on melee/magic/ranged atk force for damage.

As I stated earlier, there are so many servers now, it would be impossible to convince and gather everyone into one new server, because people have already dedicated too much time on the other servers, to want to give it all up just like that.
To be fair, you kind of explained yourself why Xor was so popular - it was the only pserver to play on at the time.

Also at that time not all the players had been able to experience all the endgame content. Xor gave them a much easier opportunity to do that.

PvP is great, we can all agree on that, but there still has to be a reason to PvP. If you're just mindlessly PvPing for "fun", that "fun" wears out very quickly. Bosses don't, grinding spots don't, protecting/revenging guild members and any subsequent KoS doesn't but there still needs to be reasons for PvP for it to remain relevant and fun.
Old   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishtaria View Post
To be fair, you kind of explained yourself why Xor was so popular - it was the only pserver to play on at the time.

Also at that time not all the players had been able to experience all the endgame content. Xor gave them a much easier opportunity to do that.

PvP is great, we can all agree on that, but there still has to be a reason to PvP. If you're just mindlessly PvPing for "fun", that "fun" wears out very quickly. Bosses don't, grinding spots don't, protecting/revenging guild members and any subsequent KoS doesn't but there still needs to be reasons for PvP for it to remain relevant and fun.
PvP is fun, and that was really the only reason most people needed. People hunted bosses for bossdrops to dominate even more in PvP, i.e making PvP even more fun. My personal opinion is that PvP on the Hero patches is not as fun as in vanilla, because of the ridiculous HP, damage, and inbalance between classes, that made only a couple of classes viable for damage(vit dekans, temps). Hero servers have a sad amount of viable builds and classes, and it's boring as **** with a Pvp-fest of only temps and vit dekans for damage, and vit wizards, vit priests, and vit defenders for support.

Most people did not participate in bosshunts because they would get the drops, that was reserved for the elite in the top guilds. Most people joined because there would be mass PvP.

PvE-based Rohan is garbage, there's really no argument against it.
Old   #23

Quote:
PvP is fun, and that was really the only reason most people needed. People hunted bosses for bossdrops to dominate even more in PvP, i.e making PvP even more fun. My personal opinion is that PvP on the Hero patches is not as fun as in vanilla, because of the ridiculous HP, damage, and inbalance between classes, that made only a couple of classes viable for damage(vit dekans, temps). Hero servers have a sad amount of viable builds and classes, and it's boring as **** with a Pvp-fest of only temps and vit dekans for damage, and vit wizards, vit priests, and vit defenders for support.

Most people did not participate in bosshunts because they would get the drops, that was reserved for the elite in the top guilds. Most people joined because there would be mass PvP.

That's the other side of the coin, balance. If a level 110 server was as balanced as a level 99 server, would the PvP be just as fun?
Old   #24

Quote:
That's the other side of the coin, balance. If a level 110 server was as balanced as a level 99 server, would the PvP be just as fun?
Well, the hero-skills and -items make it less balanced, that's where the problem is, level doesn't really matter. Giving Dekans aoe ffs, templars aoe, reinforcing of boss drops and so on must have been the result of some serious drug abuse.
Old   #25

Quote:

Actually any Rohan that does not have a balance of PvP and PvP is garbage. Not everyone plays rohan for the pure pvp of it. For any Rohan to be successful it absolutely must have both good PvP and PvE content all all levels. Any that doesn't fails and that is a hard fact.
Old   #26

Quote:
Well, the hero-skills and -items make it less balanced, that's where the problem is, level doesn't really matter. Giving Dekans aoe ffs, templars aoe, reinforcing of boss drops and so on must have been the result of some serious drug abuse.
There's no reason why all of that can't be balanced if the right people are responsible for it
Old   #27

Quote:
There's no reason why all of that can't be balanced if the right people are responsible for it
Sure, but why is it so necessary with the Hero content when all it does to begin with is **** up the game?

Do you personally like the Hero content, or which parts do you like/dislike?

Im talking specifically about giving nearly every class AoE, and skills that were unique to some classes in vanilla, like dhans getting their own OS, and so on.
Old   #28

Quote:
Sure, but why is it so necessary with the Hero content when all it does to begin with is **** up the game?

Do you personally like the Hero content, or which parts do you like/dislike?

Im talking specifically about giving nearly every class AoE, and skills that were unique to some classes in vanilla, like dhans getting their own OS, and so on.
I'm not a fan of the hero content but what it does, more than anything, is provide more content to work with for PvE. Like Batman says, PvE and PvP inexorably go hand in hand. Pure PvP servers just don't last long and only attract the portion of the population that want pure PvP but a server with enough engaging PvE content will help maintain the population and provide a natural boost to the PvP aspect. If the PvE content isn't long-winded and boring, the PvPers can enjoy it too.

Hero 110 servers can be balanced, it's not hard at all. I managed to do it last year before I lost my files to a hard drive crash, ironically 2 days before I received the Blu-Rays I'd ordered to make a backup.

Be sceptical of Hero servers by all means but don't dismiss them all completely

p.s. Most of the Hero skills are useless bollocks anyway, I agree with that. This is why I'm considering a server with most of the hero content (reworked) but with a level 99 cap without hero skills.
Thanks
1 User
Old   #29

Quote:
I'm not a fan of the hero content but what it does, more than anything, is provide more content to work with for PvE. Like Batman says, PvE and PvP inexorably go hand in hand. Pure PvP servers just don't last long and only attract the portion of the population that want pure PvP but a server with enough engaging PvE content will help maintain the population and provide a natural boost to the PvP aspect. If the PvE content isn't long-winded and boring, the PvPers can enjoy it too.

Hero 110 servers can be balanced, it's not hard at all. I managed to do it last year before I lost my files to a hard drive crash, ironically 2 days before I received the Blu-Rays I'd ordered to make a backup.

Be sceptical of Hero servers by all means but don't dismiss them all completely

p.s. Most of the Hero skills are useless bollocks anyway, I agree with that. This is why I'm considering a server with most of the hero content (reworked) but with a level 99 cap without hero skills.
This is great idea, BUT, lots of the content does include OP drops. Just remove bossdrops with FD/rulers/bez stats. When Crafted rings or feathers were the best templar accs, inbalance wasn't really an issue in vanilla rohan.

I remember pre-staff buffing nerfs... Tiesto hit me 8.5+k with bez eyes, when I had 43% dd. **** was nasty.
Old   #30

elite*gold: 5
Quote:
This is great idea, BUT, lots of the content does include OP drops. Just remove bossdrops with FD/rulers/bez stats. When Crafted rings or feathers were the best templar accs, inbalance wasn't really an issue in vanilla rohan.

I remember pre-staff buffing nerfs... Tiesto hit me 8.5+k with bez eyes, when I had 43% dd. **** was nasty.
Why remove them ?
You can do rework them and make them also worth Farming, so you got more Bosses to kill.