Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rohan
You last visited: Today at 07:28

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

looking for a team member

Old   #31

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by RitoYuuki View Post
Why remove them ?
You can do rework them and make them also worth Farming, so you got more Bosses to kill.
Removing/changing, same point. The stats has to be removed, that's the major issue here. The fact that templars benefit so largely from the ATK on rings compared to any other classes, is the greatest problem, also the benefit pure attack gives, making armor irrelevant. Templars benefit from both Magic and Melee attack on them theoretically gives them nearly twice the power from each ring compared to any other class. Pure attack shouldnt be on rings at all imo.

A lot would be solved with flat stats as long as there are no glacial items.

As someone who loves to play agi dhan, you could imagine why I hate the hero servers as they are not viable at all on them.

Old   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Hitagi View Post
This is great idea, BUT, lots of the content does include OP drops. Just remove bossdrops with FD/rulers/bez stats. When Crafted rings or feathers were the best templar accs, inbalance wasn't really an issue in vanilla rohan.

I remember pre-staff buffing nerfs... Tiesto hit me 8.5+k with bez eyes, when I had 43% dd. Shit was nasty.
Well yeah, as I've been banging on about, balancing means altering all of these things as well as adjustments to skill parameters to cap potential damage output.

You'll be surprised at what can be changed that other servers don't do, either because they can't be bothered, they don't know how or they just don't have the right concept of balance.

Quote:
Removing/changing, same point. The stats has to be removed, that's the major issue here. The fact that templars benefit so largely from the ATK on rings compared to any other classes, is the greatest problem, also the benefit pure attack gives, making armor irrelevant. Templars benefit from both Magic and Melee attack on them theoretically gives them nearly twice the power from each ring compared to any other class. Pure attack shouldnt be on rings at all imo.

A lot would be solved with flat stats as long as there are no glacial items.

As someone who loves to play agi dhan, you could imagine why I hate the hero servers as they are not viable at all on them.
With my server, it's impossible for templars to be triple dipping as they won't have access to melee attack %, only magic attack % which means blunt mastery works and calculates as intended. That way their equivalent pure magic attack gets converted to melee at a near enough 1:1 ratio and they don't receive the additional inflation from melee attack % on their weapons. They can equip melee + accessories if they want but they'll actually receive less bonus than if they were to equip magic + accessories (with the old system, melee + accs would give them the melee x blunt x weapon %. With my system they just get magic x blunt). That alone stops them from being able to be literally the only frontline fighter worth caring about as their damage isn't quite high enough. That relegates them to support dps but boosting their magic nukes a little bit and giving them 0 cast time gives them a bit more damage output and they become a hybrid melee/caster class. Then of course they have their self/party support skills which are invaluable and unique to templars.

I guarantee that tempfags (whack-a-mole fans) will loath my templars but the real skillful templar players who understand skills and can adapt would love them but still be no more of a threat on the battlefield than the most skillful players of any other class.

Old   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishtaria View Post
Well yeah, as I've been banging on about, balancing means altering all of these things as well as adjustments to skill parameters to cap potential damage output.

You'll be surprised at what can be changed that other servers don't do, either because they can't be bothered, they don't know how or they just don't have the right concept of balance.

With my server, it's impossible for templars to be triple dipping as they won't have access to melee attack %, only magic attack % which means blunt mastery works and calculates as intended. That way their equivalent pure magic attack gets converted to melee at a near enough 1:1 ratio and they don't receive the additional inflation from melee attack % on their weapons. They can equip melee + accessories if they want but they'll actually receive less bonus than if they were to equip magic + accessories. That alone stops them from being able to be literally the only frontline fighter worth caring about as their damage isn't quite high enough. That relegates them to support dps but boosting their magic nukes a little bit and giving them 0 cast time gives them a bit more damage output and they become a hybrid melee/caster class. Then of course they have their self/party support skills which are invaluable and unique to templars.

I guarantee that tempfags will loath my templars but the real skillful templar players would love them but be no more of a threat on the battlefield than the most skillful players of any other class.
I like some of the ideas, but why change them completely when it's really only the boss drops that make them overpowered? Seems a bit unecessary.
Old   #34

Quote:
I like some of the ideas, but why change them completely when it's really only the boss drops that make them overpowered? Seems a bit unecessary.
That amount of all stat + attack is excessive anyway.

Remember the original JP/KR feathers were 20/300 but they nerfed them in Global to 20/60, fair enough. However when they added Bezes and Wraths they followed the JP/KR system and made them 40/250 and 60/220, completely ignoring the previous "balancing" they had tried to do on Global.

Also when you see the equation used for blunt mastery, it's plain to see that templars weren't intended to have such high damage output. It was the constant power creep that caused the equation to go a bit out of control.

Thanks
1 User
Old   #35

Quote:
That amount of all stat + attack is excessive anyway.

Remember the original JP/KR feathers were 20/300 but they nerfed them in Global to 20/60, fair enough. However when they added Bezes and Wraths they followed the JP/KR system and made them 40/250 and 60/220, completely ignoring the previous "balancing" they had tried to do on Global.

Also when you see the equation used for blunt mastery, it's plain to see that templars weren't intended to have such high damage output. It was the constant power creep that caused the equation to go a bit out of control.
Well, the issue started after the Kasa-release on Global, so my personal nostalgia orgie would be pre-kasa global vanilla times.

I wouldnt mind if more content was added PvE wise, as long as the power potential of characters wouldnt change much. I personally don't think any of the skills need a rework, except for Scouts. Even though there are some useless skills like projectile etc, I thought it was fine at that point around 2009-ish. We wouldnt have enough skill points to add on every single skill either way, so unless we get 2 skill points per level, all classes had enough skills on their bars.

If your server ever goes online, what is your plan around the Item Mall aspect? Will people have to pay to maintain their characters max potential?
Thanks
1 User
Old   #36

Quote:
Well, the issue started after the Kasa-release on Global, so my personal nostalgia orgie would be pre-kasa global vanilla times.

I wouldnt mind if more content was added PvE wise, as long as the power potential of characters wouldnt change much. I personally don't think any of the skills need a rework, except for Scouts. Even though there are some useless skills like projectile etc, I thought it was fine at that point around 2009-ish. We wouldnt have enough skill points to add on every single skill either way, so unless we get 2 skill points per level, all classes had enough skills on their bars.

If your server ever goes online, what is your plan around the Item Mall aspect? Will people have to pay to maintain their characters max potential?
Right at this moment in time I'm actually testing and making written notes of the maximum damage potential of all classes at level 99 with absolutely maxed E.Bedron/Tier 5 weapons and Silva Feathers (with ONE attack type for the relevant class). That is my benchmark and goal for endgame damage output. If that ceiling does get breached it won't be by a lot. I'm sure that'll cheer you up a bit

IM? I'm going against the grain for that one. Level 7's will be obtainable ingame and be permanent (well, last 364 days 23 hours, 59 minutes and 59 seconds as the maximum game allows ). Without forging there's no pres stones or options to buy from the IM, without crafting there's none of that stuff in the IM either so it'll be stuff like exclusive mounts and costumes (with the same stats as ingame), cosmetic things etc. that'll have to generate the income. I'll probably end up poorer than ammadpurba with such a limited IM

Edit: Warning, the following content is tl;dr. You have been warned!

Old   #37

well the actual costs for a pserver are close to non existant xxd
Old   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by kthxbai2 View Post
Im assuming you are sarcastic.

Donations will cover server-costs, and people do donate even if they don't have to in order to buy item mall ****. I don't like the obligatory donate to get points thing.
Old   #39

Quote:
only for ammadpurba. for everyone else, a decent server with DDoS / privacy protect that doesn't terminate you as soon as they see a DMCA is not what I would call "non existant" by any stretch of the imagination. And it has to be paid every single month - regardless if you are getting donations or not.
Old   #40

yeah sure you should be prepared for everything, what am saying is that it's really easy to make the server pay for itself as long as you don't wanna make a living off it
Old   #41

Sorry But I am never withdraw Donation Money to my bank accounts .
But If Someone buy Rohna Server files from me then i can withdraw it .
Video Removed , Hope you guys watch it already
Old   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammadpurba View Post
Sorry But I am never withdraw Donation Money to my bank accounts .
But If Someone buy Rohna Server files from me then i can withdraw it .

Watch it
Just Uploaded
FYI: add fund on spartan host is unreturnable
FYI: We don't care about your server and its finances.
Old   #43

Quote:
FYI: We don't care about your server and its finances.
did i talking to you ?
i just comment because someone mention my username
Old   #44

Quote:
yeah sure you should be prepared for everything, what am saying is that it's really easy to make the server pay for itself as long as you don't wanna make a living off it
Then the question becomes:

Why create a Rohan private server, Maintain it, Add to it, Support it, just so others can play on it?

I'm gonna just throw this out there...

Being the good samaritan and putting up a private server for everyone else to enjoy, but yourself really getting nothing but the privilege of running it, even if you are breaking even with it, gets really old, really fast. It stops being fun and becomes real work.

I mean seriously - your players expect you to be available 24/7 because, well, they are playing 24/7. You can't actually play it yourself without seriously pissing off your players to the point where they charge back their donations on you and accuse you of favoring their opponents if they actually see you talk to anyone in a friendly way in-game. All you can do is run the damn thing and pay the bills. Boring!!

If the server is not making decent money, I mean enough to give you motivations to make it great, there really is no point in going through the whole exercise. It is a thankless job and all you really get is players griping at you because the server it doesn't work they way they personally want it to work (which is directly opposite of what the guys over there want it to run like).

I will give you this : All servers have a honeymoon stage during the first couple months of their opening. After that, people get bored and leave until you have less than 100 players online at one time. That 100 players will not be donating enough to pay for a server that is setting you back $400-$500/month for a decent physical one (not a stinking VPS like ammad's which are dirt cheap) unless it is really really special and makes a lot of people happy (very, Very, VERY rare).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammadpurba View Post
did i talking to you ?
i just comment because someone mention my username
None of us really gives a rat's ass what you pay for your cheap-ass VPS.
Thanks
1 User
Old   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by im batman View Post
Then the question becomes:

Why create a Rohan private server, Maintain it, Add to it, Support it, just so others can play on it?

I'm gonna just throw this out there...

Being the good samaritan and putting up a private server for everyone else to enjoy, but yourself really getting nothing but the privilege of running it, even if you are breaking even with it, gets really old, really fast. It stops being fun and becomes real work.

I mean seriously - your players expect you to be available 24/7 because, well, they are playing 24/7. You can't actually play it yourself without seriously pissing off your players to the point where they charge back their donations on you and accuse you of favoring their opponents if they actually see you talk to anyone in a friendly way in-game. All you can do is run the damn thing and pay the bills. Boring!!

If the server is not making decent money, I mean enough to give you motivations to make it great, there really is no point in going through the whole exercise. It is a thankless job and all you really get is players griping at you because the server it doesn't work they way they personally want it to work (which is directly opposite of what the guys over there want it to run like).

I will give you this : All servers have a honeymoon stage during the first couple months of their opening. After that, people get bored and leave until you have less than 100 players online at one time. That 100 players will not be donating enough to pay for a server that is setting you back $400-$500/month for a decent physical one (not a stinking VPS like ammad's which are dirt cheap) unless it is really really special and makes a lot of people happy (very, Very, VERY rare).

None of us really gives a rat's ass what you pay for your cheap-ass VPS.
VPS ? have you ever rent a server before ?