Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rappelz > Rappelz Private Server
You last visited: Today at 00:09

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Help Thread] Please post your questions here.

Discussion on [Help Thread] Please post your questions here. within the Rappelz Private Server forum part of the Rappelz category.

Old 08/07/2017, 21:57   #6391

elite*gold: 1
Received Thanks: 1,462
Did you change a launch argument from code page to ascii? Because both use different hashes depending on what resource files you are working with.

For example db_item.rdb and db_item(ascii).rdb would have different hashes because the names are different.

A US client launched locale:ascii /country:US will not read db_item.rdb hashed it will only read db_item(ascii).rdb

The opposite is also true a client launched locale:1252 will not read files hashed as ascii.

In such cases it will ignore your hashed file and it will continue to use the file in the data indexes in your client.
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/08/2017, 15:17   #6392

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by thndr View Post
Did you change a launch argument from code page to ascii? Because both use different hashes depending on what resource files you are working with.

For example db_item.rdb and db_item(ascii).rdb would have different hashes because the names are different.

A US client launched locale:ascii /country:US will not read db_item.rdb hashed it will only read db_item(ascii).rdb

The opposite is also true a client launched locale:1252 will not read files hashed as ascii.

In such cases it will ignore your hashed file and it will continue to use the file in the data indexes in your client.
my game server opt i have middle east code (I live in israel), and my launcher bat like this:

what should I change to? I tried to change ASCII but then I get error about localeinfo
Old 08/08/2017, 18:15   #6393

If you are launching code page then just make sure your hashes are code page and not ascii.

I will have to check the localeinfo file but I don't think there is a country IL for game launching.

Also ascii is only for US launching and US client.
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/09/2017, 01:08   #6394

May I ask for a bit of help in this section please? I am not sure what happened or what has changed...but when I try to activate the 9.1 server...the authserver emu works fine...but the gameserver crashes. Says cannot connect...didn't happen until yesterday..

I have a sneaky feeling it may have something to do with the ports in sql connection manager...my problem is...(and I am ashamed to say it...but..I just can't remember if "1433" is suppose to be in the IPAll tcp dynamic port.....or...just tcp port box.)

If someone has a moment to offer some suggestions...it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for any assistance.
Old 08/09/2017, 03:47   #6395

Did you confirm your server services are running?
Old 08/09/2017, 09:12   #6396

elite*gold: 15
  1. Sql server configuration manager.
  2. Protocols for (SQLEXPRESS) If this is not same name that might cause it to..
default it's 1433... but you might have changed it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azreil View Post
May I ask for a bit of help in this section please? I am not sure what happened or what has changed...but when I try to activate the 9.1 server...the authserver emu works fine...but the gameserver crashes. Says cannot connect...didn't happen until yesterday..

I have a sneaky feeling it may have something to do with the ports in sql connection manager...my problem is...(and I am ashamed to say it...but..I just can't remember if "1433" is suppose to be in the IPAll tcp dynamic port.....or...just tcp port box.)

If someone has a moment to offer some suggestions...it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for any assistance.
Old 08/10/2017, 07:25   #6397

Thank you for the wonderful help...I think I know the cause now..
My son use to play Rappelz with me...but..time marches on..and he has his friends on steam and whatnot now...he has an Ark server and has (for lack of a better term) "mangled" the modem thingamajig port(s). I believe he has a port needed by Rappelz assigned to the Ark manager. When the gameserver tries to connect.....error says:
unauthorzied...and disconnects. The auth server shows up as running..and it stays on..no disconnecting for that.....it just whines about a log server.
Old 08/10/2017, 07:38   #6398

elite*gold: 15
log server.( you can ignore this if i'm correct)
To fix follow this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azreil View Post
Thank you for the wonderful help...I think I know the cause now..
My son use to play Rappelz with me...but..time marches on..and he has his friends on steam and whatnot now...he has an Ark server and has (for lack of a better term) "mangled" the modem thingamajig port(s). I believe he has a port needed by Rappelz assigned to the Ark manager. When the gameserver tries to connect.....error says:
unauthorzied...and disconnects. The auth server shows up as running..and it stays on..no disconnecting for that.....it just whines about a log server.
Old 08/11/2017, 16:10   #6399

I am trying to set up a pserver just locally just for my use and I am having a problem that I cannot figure out. I am using the files and client provided by Alucard. I have no problem getting the server up and running however when I go to start the client nothing happens. I have searched repeatedly on here and other places trying to find a solution. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 08/11/2017, 17:51   #6400

Quote:
Originally Posted by apallen23 View Post
I am trying to set up a pserver just locally just for my use and I am having a problem that I cannot figure out. I am using the files and client provided by Alucard. I have no problem getting the server up and running however when I go to start the client nothing happens. I have searched repeatedly on here and other places trying to find a solution. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I don't know if i provided a bat launcher with client but maybe that is issue since,u din't provide much info on your issue.
Old 08/11/2017, 18:09   #6401

I saw what appeared to be a bat launcher in the client files you provided but I created my own anyway. When I run it however nothing happens at all. The client will not start. Not sure what other info I can provide that will help.
Old 08/11/2017, 18:33   #6402

Quote:
I saw what appeared to be a bat launcher in the client files you provided but I created my own anyway. When I run it however nothing happens at all. The client will not start. Not sure what other info I can provide that will help.
Turn off your Anti-virus(es)
Old 08/11/2017, 18:43   #6403

That fixed it. Thank you!!
Old 08/11/2017, 19:32   #6404

Quote:
That fixed it. Thank you!!
Long term see if you can set exceptions for your AV that will allow the Rappelz processes.
Old 08/12/2017, 10:38   #6405

How do i edit the effects set on an item?
For example: JetPack decorative shoulder (wings) have moving parts and glowing effects.

when i search my data.000 files for it, i find .nx3 files that look like this: rcfx_itemname.nx3

but when i open them in blender its just the same as the normal .nx3 model(most of the times)

Tags
7.4, client, rappelz