Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rappelz > Rappelz Private Server
You last visited: Today at 06:34

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

[Help Thread] Please post your questions here.

Old   #3511

elite*gold: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by heatattack318 View Post
hey i was wondering if anyone can tell me why when a new toon is created and logged in it puts them in the middle of nowhere and with no job class please and thank you also how can i get hv guy to let me into hv? thank you in advanced
Sounds like a server client mismatch or a lua issue with your on_first_log_in.lua

That lua is the one that checks what race you are and sets your starting class and place.

See if there are any .lua error messages when you first log in. If there are bad entries that are not readable in your lua it can keep the entire lua from executing.

Old   #3512

elite*gold: 0
Skilling

Anyone kind enough to share skilling of bosses, I have skilled some but find that only a small amount of the skills show in game in order to be learnt.
I thank in advance anyone who is willing to share there knowledge on this subject

Old   #3513

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertie2008 View Post
Anyone kind enough to share skilling of bosses, I have skilled some but find that only a small amount of the skills show in game in order to be learnt.
I thank in advance anyone who is willing to share there knowledge on this subject
Yeah mate, have the same problem unless you skill it the same as an existing pet but that defeats the object of having a new pet, it's like the skills are grouped and you can't mix them
Old   #3514

Quote:
Originally Posted by thndr View Post
Sounds like a server client mismatch or a lua issue with your on_first_log_in.lua

That lua is the one that checks what race you are and sets your starting class and place.

See if there are any .lua error messages when you first log in. If there are bad entries that are not readable in your lua it can keep the entire lua from executing.
Okay so the only thing I see when I log a new char in is SendLoginResult (admin, johndoe, 0) and in my on_first_login section of my lua all looks fine to me but idk for sure what it should say

Old   #3515

What do you see in the game chat window?
Thanks
1 User
Old   #3516

Quote:
What do you see in the game chat window?
The only thing I see is Resource\script\"shows the on ,login lua":15: attempt to perform arithmic on global 'gold' (a nil value) but I removed that and compressed it but I think I just fixed it thanks lol

Now the on,y thing I need to figure out is the HV NPC won't let me into HV and also the empty soul cards taming bosses
Old   #3517

i know this has probably been asked loads of times (i have been searching for 2 days now) i could really do with a hand (please) im setting up a 8.1 p.server i have followed the guide and i have managed to get to the point where the PrincessAuroraServer says everything is ok and CaptainHerlockServer has no errors (other than connecting to upload server failed) but that is on the guide no i don't see that being a problem when i go to log in game after entering admin/admin for the login it just kills the client and say's cannot connect to login server as far as i can tell i have done everything right according to the guide but i have noticed that my Auth and gameserver opt files might be a little odd i have set up a server long ago but it seems the files i downloaded from the guide are different from what is on the guide all files have been downloaded from How-To: Get a Rappelz Private Server running here are some pics to show my problem / settings so on

any advice would be appreciated thank you

PS wont let me add them as pics so please copy and paste to see the screenshots
Old   #3518

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingRebirth View Post
i know this has probably been asked loads of times (i have been searching for 2 days now) i could really do with a hand (please) im setting up a 8.1 p.server i have followed the guide and i have managed to get to the point where the PrincessAuroraServer says everything is ok and CaptainHerlockServer has no errors (other than connecting to upload server failed) but that is on the guide no i don't see that being a problem when i go to log in game after entering admin/admin for the login it just kills the client and say's cannot connect to login server as far as i can tell i have done everything right according to the guide but i have noticed that my Auth and gameserver opt files might be a little odd i have set up a server long ago but it seems the files i downloaded from the guide are different from what is on the guide all files have been downloaded from How-To: Get a Rappelz Private Server running here are some pics to show my problem / settings so on

any advice would be appreciated thank you

PS wont let me add them as pics so please copy and paste to see the screenshots
write on auth screen:
start_service[enter]
set game.open_external 1[enter]

([enter] is a hit in enter key)
Old   #3519

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirieZ View Post
write on auth screen:
start_service[enter]
set game.open_external 1[enter]

([enter] is a hit in enter key)
that is part of the instructions on the guide i have done that
Old   #3520

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingRebirth View Post
that is part of the instructions on the guide i have done that
If you have focused on the pictures you uploaded, you'll find out that auth_port in bat launcher is 8841 but in authserver.opt is 1433
that means that it is not the same port for auth
Old   #3521

Quote:
Originally Posted by eziorav View Post
If you have focused on the pictures you uploaded, you'll find out that auth_port in bat launcher is 8841 but in authserver.opt is 1433
that means that it is not the same port for auth
i set them as the same port and the cannot connect to login server issue is not coming up but it now does nothing at all il have a quick look around about this problem if you have any ideas what else may be my problem i will listen to any advice you can give
Old   #3522

1433 is the SQL port not the IO port

The IO port should be 8841 in both the .bat and in the IO auth port setting in the .opt and it is.

The .opt files look correct to me as well as the .bat launcher. The DB auth port should be 1433 as it is set.

You know there is no default admin / admin account right? You need to create an account in the database to log in with.

You are using an 8.1 client and modded sframe because the 8.3 client will not connect unless it has a lot of work done to it and an 8.1 modded sframe
Old   #3523

Quote:
1433 is the SQL port not the IO port

The IO port should be 8841 in both the .bat and in the IO auth port setting in the .opt and it is.

The .opt files look correct to me as well as the .bat launcher. The DB auth port should be 1433 as it is set.

You know there is no default admin / admin account right? You need to create an account in the database to log in with.

You are using an 8.1 client and modded sframe because the 8.3 client will not connect unless it has a lot of work done to it and an 8.1 modded sframe
and yea i did already make the admin account

it seems the download Authserver i had didn't even have the IO auth port on the list i added it and that seems to have helped thank you

only thing is i can go on to the server menu but then it crashed with a error (cant read the error i know i have seen it on the forums some where) im going to have a look around if you have any ideas im all ears and thank you for the help so far
Old   #3524

Where do I find the [string "new_taming_system(7660,5)"]:1: attempt to call global 'new_taming_system' (a nil value)

EDIT never mind found it....but my soul taming is failing on every monster can I get help on that please?

Well I thought I fixed it but when I use the skill now it says that above string when I kill a monster and sometimes it says it fails but other times it says that string above grrr I hate being stupid
Old   #3525

There is something wrong with the .lua file for the custom taming.

If you have made any edits to it you editor could be changing format of it depending on your editor.

Most people say you can edit with anything but I personally hate looking at a lua file in notepad and prefer notepad++

Try replacing the .lua file fresh from the repack download.

Tags
7.4, client, rappelz