Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rappelz > Rappelz Private Server
You last visited: Today at 11:07

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

[Help Thread] Please post your questions here.

Old   #3541

elite*gold: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by carambola99 View Post
3) baswes? did you mean base?
4) Where do they get these files?
3) Start with the basics

4) You have to import the data from RDB files or other resource files in future clients to your databases...

Every item needs to be in a database table, the database tables also need to be replicated in RDB files for the clients resource folder.

For other object or model files you will need to create a lot more resources than just RDBs

If you read resourcing for dummies and do not understand it at least take it through the first step...get a client dumper from the tools and guides sticky at the top of this section and dump an 8.3 client of all of its resources.

You will begin to understand how much a client has built into the data files.

Old   #3542

elite*gold: 0
ok so i followed Xijesu's guide for custom npc but for some reason my guys not showing up heres what i got...its probably wrong but hey im trying...

function get_module_name()
return "BlueMoon"
end

-- Start NPC
function NPC_BlueMoon()
dlg_title( "BlueMoon" )
dlg_text( "Hello, Nice to meet you." )
dlg_menu( "Menu", 'open_market("Item Shop")')
dlg_menu( "close", '')
dlg_show()
end

any help would be awesome im sorry if im a bother thanks in advanced

Old   #3543

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatattack318 View Post
ok so i followed Xijesu's guide for custom npc but for some reason my guys not showing up heres what i got...its probably wrong but hey im trying...

function get_module_name()
return "BlueMoon"
end

-- Start NPC
function NPC_BlueMoon()
dlg_title( "BlueMoon" )
dlg_text( "Hello, Nice to meet you." )
dlg_menu( "Menu", 'open_market("Item Shop")')
dlg_menu( "close", '')
dlg_show()
end

any help would be awesome im sorry if im a bother thanks in advanced
So that is just a small portion of the .lua file that will help the game control your NPC.

You also have to utilize or make a new NPC in dbo.NPCResource that will execute that contact_script NPC_BlueMoon()

If you use an existing NPC in dbo.NPCResource you just need to set their local_flag from 0 as the guide says to choose an inactive NPC to 1 to make it an active NPC change their contact script to your NPC_BlueMoon and set their coordinates for where you want them to be.

Making them active (local_flag = 1) will make them appear in game.

Setting their contact script (NPC_BlueMoon) will let the game know which .lua to execute when you click on them.

The open_market command will let the game know which market items in dbo.MarketResource to load when you choose that menu item.

Anything you re use and give new function to that was already in the tables will work with the new function.

If you create a new NPC you will need to create a new db_NPCResource.rdb to resource in the client.

The added entries to dbo.MarketResource will cause you to need to make a new db_MarketResource.rdb for the clients resources.
Thanks
1 User
Old   #3544

Quote:
Originally Posted by thndr View Post
So that is just a small portion of the .lua file that will help the game control your NPC.

You also have to utilize or make a new NPC in dbo.NPCResource that will execute that contact_script NPC_BlueMoon()

If you use an existing NPC in dbo.NPCResource you just need to set their local_flag from 0 as the guide says to choose an inactive NPC to 1 to make it an active NPC change their contact script to your NPC_BlueMoon and set their coordinates for where you want them to be.

Making them active (local_flag = 1) will make them appear in game.

Setting their contact script (NPC_BlueMoon) will let the game know which .lua to execute when you click on them.

The open_market command will let the game know which market items in dbo.MarketResource to load when you choose that menu item.

Anything you re use and give new function to that was already in the tables will work with the new function.

If you create a new NPC you will need to create a new db_NPCResource.rdb to resource in the client.

The added entries to dbo.MarketResource will cause you to need to make a new db_MarketResource.rdb for the clients resources.

ok well now that makes a little more sense lol....i think im a little illiterate when it comes to smart talk hehe thank you

ok so i got that working great but how do i make it to where my hv pass stays when i restart server and also how do i change the prices on the items at the marketresourse thing or do i have to change it from somewhere else

EDIT - i found out where to change it

Old   #3545

kann mir jemand bei dem fehler helfen ??
ich kan ndamit leider nichts anfangen.
Wenn man sich danach einlogen sind alle skills auf lvl 5 zurückgesetzt vom char und pet

2014/05/26 17:30:33 DB COM ERROR(Thread:2, HRESULT:80004005, GUID:0C733A63-2A1C-11CE-ADE5-00AA0044773D) : DB_InsertSkill(dbo.smp_insert_skill) : Die Transaktion (Prozess-ID 53) befand sich auf Sperre Ressourcen aufgrund eines anderen Prozesses in einer Deadlocksituation und wurde als Deadlockopfer ausgewählt. Führen Sie die Transaktion erneut aus.
Old   #3546

how can i create a menu bar in my npc for character job points to pet job points?
Old   #3547

anybody got a link they can direct me to for this?
Old   #3548

I have a game window problem using windows8 (64). I have try with all the resolutions and other game options but nothing change, and it's happen to me the same in all p servers.
All in game become x3 small even at 1900 resolution/full screen and numbers are quite unreadable; i have try a lot of thing but nothing work for now, so i hope someone here can help me
Old   #3549

I think smaller resolution make text appear larger but other than that there is no default text settings.

Try 1024 x 768
Old   #3550

I am using Royals repack for 8.1/8.2 and when I kill the gatekeeper for any secret dungeon, the portal does not spawn. How would I go about fixing that?
Old   #3551

@thndr i already try that too and is too small for play; someone tell me to find a compatibility mode or use a virtual machine on rappelz client only, but idk how to do both things and if they really work. So i need someone that know about
Old   #3552

@grove2 can you or anyone out there help me? I do everything correctly I end up with being unable to log-in in the server when I'm using correct ID and PW please help anyone out there.
Thanks
1 User
Old   #3553

Use 127.0.0.1 for everywhere except in the game server opt here...

S io.auth.ip:25.70.102.86
S io.ip_address:25.70.102.86
S io.port:4504

Then tell us more about what happens when you try to log in. You haven't given a lot of information about what actually happens at that step even in the other thread you created.
Old   #3554

Quote:
Originally Posted by thndr View Post
Use 127.0.0.1 for everywhere except in the game server opt here...

S io.auth.ip:25.70.102.86
S io.ip_address:25.70.102.86
S io.port:4504

Then tell us more about what happens when you try to log in. You haven't given a lot of information about what actually happens at that step even in the other thread you created.
Thank you for taking your time to help me resolve my issue, I'm not kidding I really appreciate it.
Same thing happened to me, when I try to login to the server with my username and password nothing happens and if I enter a wrong username and password nothing happens also and I connect with the BAT files with the following IPs I tried both 127.0.0.1:4504 and 25.70.102.86:4504 and also if I use any IP/Port else it says "Could not connect to the game server." and the logs are the same but I started to doubt its the client or server could be also database, I'm using Server 8.1_By_AL7roB and I found this client [url=http://www.gamershell.com/download_98877.shtml[/url] if you think this its wrong please lead me to the right one, thank you for everything and also your time.
gameserver.opt :
authserver.opt :
BAT launcher file :
NOTICE : the IPv4 I gave is hamachi, not my IPv4.
Old   #3555

I want to change the gear you get when you create a new character. Ive looked in on_first_login.lua and did not see anything inserting the weapon/armor/bag when you first make your character. Where/how would I change this?

Tags
7.4, client, rappelz