Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rappelz > Rappelz Private Server
You last visited: Today at 15:09

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

[HowTo] Custom NPCs

Old   #31

elite*gold: 0
Well, text editors aren't exactly designed for the kind of work editing a resource entails. Hex editors are, on the other hand.
Don't worry about it, just remember, brain and curiosity, that's all anyone needs.

Thanks
1 User
Old   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentBill View Post
I'm not sure if you're giving me attitude or not. But I'll help you, even if epvp is being a bitch as usual with its 504 errors.
Nothing is ROM as far as resources are concerned. And RAM is a completely diffrerent concept than what you're using it for, by the way.

Here's what I meant with my last post. I'd hoped you would be capable of figuring this out by yourself, but alas, I overestimate people yet again.
This is your standard, working resource
Code:
sssssNNNNsssssNNNNNN
where s are the separating bytes between entries. You can't modify these bytes without either making the client stop working or making it truncate your string. In my experience, you can get away with modifying the first few separators, but they won't show up in the string.
N representing the bytes of the actual entry
Here's what you can do to keep it working, make a name for equal or shorter length:
Code:
sssssMMM_sssssZZZZZZ
The underscore is a space in this representation. M and Z represent changed bytes.
Or, and this was what I was hinting at with my post, add a byte before the separation bytes.
Code:
sssssNNNNMMMsssssNNNNNNLLLLsssss
M and L represent added and modified bytes in this case.
And before you say "OH BUT THAT'S WHAT I DID AND MY CLIENT DIDN'T WORK!" This is how I've been renaming my NPCs and my client and my people's work perfectly.
Next time, turn on the brain, it's good for you.

Its much more easier to understand what u ment with your posts if u have a hex editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentBill View Post
Well, text editors aren't exactly designed for the kind of work editing a resource entails. Hex editors are, on the other hand.
Don't worry about it, just remember, brain and curiosity, that's all anyone needs.
i agree!
but sometimes the lazyness is stronger than the brain and make ppl to ask same questions again and again...

at the moment i am keeping my self busy with changeing the appearance of a NPC...
Saw that it is the same problem as with the NPC names...
didn't spend much time for it yet so I'll betther keep my stupid questions for me... for now ^^

Old   #33

well something for bill :

cheers,
Old   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by katalin21k View Post

cheers,
Trojan for Bill

cheers

Old   #35

well i submit a +1 on a "use ur brain"
rpz arent u 2nd account of ismokecrapsandieatsheet ?
so i presume you didnt even download the file...hmm...why posting just to post?
thats why all tell you..."u-s-e y-o-u-r b-r-a-i-n"
cheers,
Old   #36

well wasnt here a while but i smell sheets like you ismoke from miles. that's why wasnt a surprise that you have 2-3 accounts here.dont be a rag u been discovered.
im acctualy have a great day,year,..even a life...not like you crybaby...begging for 25 bux everyday like here is been a church.

you dont have a brain ismoke, dont struggle too hard, you may die.
i feel soo sorry for you.

ps: u'r best string editor using wordpad and notepad. (you can do annything), but sadly you got no ideea. poor humble man

thanks you make me laught today.
Old   #37

Received Thanks: 2,412
Yes exactly what we expect you to do:

Prepare for itemized insult --

A) Post completely disregarding any post that is a rebuttal to yours.
B) Use the same tired and dry insult that is in almost every single one of your posts.
C) Fail to make coherent sentence structures.
D) Fail to make a valid and/or viable point.
E) Pass false information which only further proves your severe ignorance.
F) Fail to use even half decent and grade school grammar structure.
G) Prove that you just love slobbing my virtual ****.

Oh and:

You must register and activate your account in order to view images.
Thank you come again ^_^
Old   #38

well i dont insult others, im not that good like you, ur the master of insults (got 1k+ post and 90% are insults to others). ur the flame master and i dont realy know how u survive.

but "every bird die on her tongue" . so be a swan and do you best.

quote from Tatsuya "Read Before Post"

Herewith the section rules are being renewed and adjusted to the present situation in the Rappelz section and the issues will accordingly be emphasized.
In advance, if you violate the section rules you should expect a Warning/Infraction and even a temporary/permanent ban.

As in every regular section the Board- and Signature rules have to be followed: elitepvpers - Announcements in Forum : e*pvp News

Furthermore I want to emphasize following regulations that are being violated quit often:
Before opening a thread that contains a question/problem you need to solve, ensure yourself that there isnīt a similar thread already posted by using the search function and looking into the pinned threads.
The Rappelz section now consists of the main- and the P-Server section. Pay attention that you post your thread into the according section.
If youīre promoting your P-Server and posting youīre forum/website link in connection to that, itīs obligatory to put in a backlink to elitepvpers there.
If you come along to malware warn the others by posting into the according thread and using the report button.
Donīt post if you canīt contribute concerning the topic issue; This contains spam as much as insulting posts and the starting/taking part (in) of an off-topic discussion.
Uninformative posts such as "Thank you" should be strictly avoided; Accordingly there is a "Thanks"-button.
The arabian language is allowed for threads or posts when they are in arabian.

If all of this is being followed, we can enjoy our stay at a clean board.
Old   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by katalin21k View Post

cheers,
next time you betther tell the people wtf contains the link you posted...
this is a public topic in this forum and not the privat mailbox of silenbill if you have something only for him you know what to do USE UR BRAIN!!!
by the way ty for the hex editor
it contains no trojan... sorry for the stupid joke

now stop flaming
you should respect people, who done a lot for the development of Rappelz PServer...
Old   #40

@rpz
Uninformative posts such as "Thank you" should be strictly avoided; Accordingly there is a "Thanks"-button.
i didnt sent to bill cuz i wanted to share (as for you have it now)

next time use search ... the one who multipost quotes and flame here is not far away been developer. you shoud notice that. (im not claming i am, im just helping when i can)

@ismoke
cmon ur the king developer you can edit annything with wordpad and notepad

regards,
Old   #41

katalin, I didn't really download it, since well, I don't know you and I'm properly paranoid.
But since you're flaunting Tatsuya's rules, you should be mindful of them as well, I doubt your posts flaming and baiting Drow can be considered helpful and insightful conversation.

@Drow, I'll check out the hex editor you linked to. I'm pretty satisfied with the Workshop though. I don't really use it much outside of occasional Resource editing, and well, I have better tools for that now, if you know what I mean
Thanks
1 User
Old   #42

Received Thanks: 2,412
Even with RappelzED and the ResourceEditor from Xijezu I was just hexing them in (text edits) because I found that to be a more prudent measure at the time. But since then a couple people suggested doing it directly to the database string resource then load and file save with RappelzED which is rather effective but man does RappelzED take forever to load :P
Old   #43

Sounds like a good way of editing, thanks for the tip.
Old   #44

How create name for new NPC?
Old   #45

Just read other threads. This question was answered several times already