Technically, you don't need any of nCarbon's tools to do it, but you do need a brain and curiosity. If you have those, then go ahead and change the names.
i am sure if u want to change a npc name you have to change it here !PWS)3rDAd3O'`dU+O}deN
but as soon as i change there anything my client stop working...
tell me if i am on the right way ...
there are more things i have to chage right?
It's just that file, but you can't just change *****-nilly. The game expects a certain number of bytes as separations. And that is all I'm gonna say. You're close though. C'mon, you already used your curiosity. Now use your brain.
It's just that file, but you can't just change willy-nilly. The game expects a certain number of bytes as separations. And that is all I'm gonna say. You're close though. C'mon, you already used your curiosity. Now use your brain.
i change a name in that script -> client dont start...
i change it back to the same name it was -> client dont start...
after I changed anything... i have to replace this script with my securety copy to make my client work again
may you anwer me 1 more question pls?
are the server/client... or anything else changing these files or are they read only? RAM or ROM ^^
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentBill
It's just that file, but you can't just change willy-nilly. The game expects a certain number of bytes as separations. And that is all I'm gonna say. You're close though. C'mon, you already used your curiosity. Now use your brain.
okay lets take the name "Aoyee"
Aoyee = ASCII
Aoyee in hex would be 41h 6Fh 79h 65h 65h
Binary=
10000001b = A
01101111b = o
01111001b = y
01100101b = e
01100101b = e
and if i would change "Aoyee" to "Aoyeo" it would be the same amount of byte
only if i would add Aoyee mathematical to a decimal number
i would get an other one if i would add Aoyeo
that would be 2 different decimal numbers ofcourse...
thats the only difference
i change a name in that script -> client dont start...
i change it back to the same name it was -> client dont start...
after I changed anything... i have to replace this script with my securety copy to make my client work again
may you anwer me 1 more question pls?
are the server/client... or anything else changing these files or are they read only? RAM or ROM ^^
okay lets take the name "Aoyee"
Aoyee = ASCII
Aoyee in hex would be 41h 6Fh 79h 65h 65h
Binary=
10000001b = A
01101111b = o
01111001b = y
01100101b = e
01100101b = e
and if i would change "Aoyee" to "Aoyeo" it would be the same amount of byte
only if i would add Aoyee mathematical to a decimal number
i would get an other one if i would add Aoyeo
that would be 2 different decimal numbers ofcourse...
thats the only difference
aww i wam wastig your time ... sorry bro
I'm not sure if you're giving me attitude or not. But I'll help you, even if epvp is being a bitch as usual with its 504 errors.
Nothing is ROM as far as resources are concerned. And RAM is a completely diffrerent concept than what you're using it for, by the way.
Here's what I meant with my last post. I'd hoped you would be capable of figuring this out by yourself, but alas, I overestimate people yet again.
This is your standard, working resource
Code:
sssssNNNNsssssNNNNNN
where s are the separating bytes between entries. You can't modify these bytes without either making the client stop working or making it truncate your string. In my experience, you can get away with modifying the first few separators, but they won't show up in the string.
N representing the bytes of the actual entry
Here's what you can do to keep it working, make a name for equal or shorter length:
Code:
sssssMMM_sssssZZZZZZ
The underscore is a space in this representation. M and Z represent changed bytes.
Or, and this was what I was hinting at with my post, add a byte before the separation bytes.
Code:
sssssNNNNMMMsssssNNNNNNLLLLsssss
M and L represent added and modified bytes in this case.
And before you say "OH BUT THAT'S WHAT I DID AND MY CLIENT DIDN'T WORK!" This is how I've been renaming my NPCs and my client and my people's work perfectly.
Next time, turn on the brain, it's good for you.
I'm not sure if you're giving me attitude or not. But I'll help you, even if epvp is being a bitch as usual with its 504 errors.
Nothing is ROM as far as resources are concerned. And RAM is a completely diffrerent concept than what you're using it for, by the way.
Here's what I meant with my last post. I'd hoped you would be capable of figuring this out by yourself, but alas, I overestimate people yet again.
This is your standard, working resource
Code:
sssssNNNNsssssNNNNNN
where s are the separating bytes between entries. You can't modify these bytes without either making the client stop working or making it truncate your string. In my experience, you can get away with modifying the first few separators, but they won't show up in the string.
N representing the bytes of the actual entry
Here's what you can do to keep it working, make a name for equal or shorter length:
Code:
sssssMMM_sssssZZZZZZ
The underscore is a space in this representation. M and Z represent changed bytes.
Or, and this was what I was hinting at with my post, add a byte before the separation bytes.
Code:
sssssNNNNMMMsssssNNNNNNLLLLsssss
M and L represent added and modified bytes in this case.
And before you say "OH BUT THAT'S WHAT I DID AND MY CLIENT DIDN'T WORK!" This is how I've been renaming my NPCs and my client and my people's work perfectly.
Next time, turn on the brain, it's good for you.
the problem is I open the file: !y+ j0gbY9n2ttgR]jni^`iGv)d!Q& as soon as i save it... (without changes) my clien stop working...
tried it allready with mictosoft editor, Wordpad, SciTE
Yeah, I don't recommend using text editors for this, a text editor can't insert bytes, well, not at the fine-grained level you need for this kind of thing. You need a Hex Editor. I personally use Hex Workshop, but it's shareware, as in not free. Surely someone here can suggest a decent free alternative.
Yeah, I don't recommend using text editors for this, a text editor can't insert bytes, well, not at the fine-grained level you need for this kind of thing. You need a Hex Editor. I personally use Hex Workshop, but it's shareware, as in not free. Surely someone here can suggest a decent free alternative.
thought so ^^
Thank You!
okay finaly i canged a npc name with the prog. NEXT-Soft Hex-Editor MX its a freeware
thank you for your support guys
special thank to silent bill!!
didn 't thought that wordpad would add bytes to my script and make it useless^^
5165 Custom NPCS 02/19/2011 - CO2 Private Server - 3 Replies How do you make a npc talk in 5165 source? I know how to edit the face type, mech type etc. But where do you go to make them talk. :) Thanks in advance.
Custom Items,Maps,Npcs? 11/30/2010 - Ragnarok Online PServer Hosting - 17 Replies Hallo wollt mehrere sachen auf einmal fragen ;)
1. wie setz ich ein warp npc auf ... der in allen dungens/towers warp
2.wie fuege ich Custom Items ein
3.Wo bekomm ich Custom items ueberhapt her
4.man kann ja von den anderen server .. die custom items irgendwie nehmen .. und maps aber wie geht das? ... ;)
[Question] Custom NPCs 09/18/2008 - Flyff Private Server - 0 Replies Hey sorry I can't really read german and I couldnt translate with babelfish what Alasami wrote because it's an image. But could someone guide me on how to make a Custom NPC seller or a jobchange NPC. Also if it requires more coding then using the database could someone give me an example on how to code one. I saw on Ragezone that Vulcan used LUA but im wondering if someone could release an open source script of a custom NPC.
Would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks,
Phil
WoW, Mangos: custom NPCs? 07/09/2008 - WoW Private Server - 0 Replies Mangos, Rev 5966, WoW 2.4.2
Creating a custom NPC using the WoW Model Viewer
My idea in short:
1.) create a NPC after my fancy
2.) save and "translate" the information into a sql file
3.) batch the file; thus making it selectable for my 'new' NPC's DisplayID...
If so, do you think it's a lot of work making this possible?
How can i put Custom NPCs GM shops in my server? 04/16/2008 - Lin2 Private Server - 4 Replies Hello, i have made my server work fine now.
How can i put custom GM shops and Npc's buffers files? can anyone show me and tell me correctly how can i do that please?