Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rappelz > Rappelz Private Server
You last visited: Today at 20:39

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Rappelz server files

Closed Thread

Old   #2041

elite*gold: 0
The client definitely has the english strings. This setup really is better than storing the strings on the server. Less bandwidth used (1 integer for each string) and absolutely nothing on the server side needs to be changed (string-wise) when a new region is launched. It isn't all that hard to get the strings out of the client if you need them for something. It sure makes working with the item and monster databases much easier.

Old   #2042

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrok View Post
The client definitely has the english strings. This setup really is better than storing the strings on the server. Less bandwidth used (1 integer for each string) and absolutely nothing on the server side needs to be changed (string-wise) when a new region is launched. It isn't all that hard to get the strings out of the client if you need them for something. It sure makes working with the item and monster databases much easier.
Pyrok, could you contact me privately with a method/tool to modify the strings in the client? I am interested in updating NPC text, data, information and names to match the current epic.

Old   #2043

I don't have a way to modify them in the client yet, haven't had a need for it since I'm focused on getting 6.1 content fully working before I worry about 6.2 and beyond. I will probably start that once I get quests fully working.
Old   #2044

Quote:
I don't have a way to modify them in the client yet, haven't had a need for it since I'm focused on getting 6.1 content fully working before I worry about 6.2 and beyond. I will probably start that once I get quests fully working.
Speaking of quests, I was talking to Wisp earlier and I asked her if she had made any progress on quests. She said that she hadn't toyed with them as she was busy messing around with other stuff.

What kind of problems are you having with quests right now? I haven't really taken a peak at them at all. I'm trying to debug some crappy LUA bug I cursed myself with when I went inside the soulcrafter LUA and did some tweaking. >.<

Old   #2045

Quests work but they don't show correctly in the quest list and you don't get the progress messages when killing a mob or whatnot. I had them partially working (titles and progress messages showed but no details) but it broke some other things so I rolled back my changes.

edit: Looking back I'm guessing that it was some corrupted auction items that broke the database. I don't know who worked on the auction tables and stored procedures before it was leaked but they really screwed them up. I just spent the last 3 hours fixing those and I still have the itemkeeping table to do This is why I cringe when I see some people on here posting "fixes" for what they think is a database issue when all they are really doing is making the problem worse.
Thanks
1 User
Old   #2046

I can see how having the strings client side makes for an easier transition to different areas, and also, that way they're available if there is a network miscommunication, which is very common with this game, the live version at least. But still, it makes it a non-trivial matter to correct a text bug, and now I understand why the belt stats are all ****** up in the live version. :P
Well, I'll be standing by for any progress you guys make, hopefully I can be of more help in the future. (C/C++/C# coder here, some MSSQL experience, even if I am somewhat rusty in all fronts)
Old   #2047

how do u guys try to use other clients?
like the last official doesnt work but how do u guys make it work?
can u please explain it so i could try to enter the fixing service ?
Old   #2048

yea, are there some alternatives available? coz aor 6.2 sux with the inventory bug (items are turning into Equipped/EmptyString Items sometimes items even without an icon)
idk whoever made this one to work with private servers (thx for that of course) or at least this client needs a fix

thx in advance
Old   #2049

hello...

is there any fix to friends system or duel system??
Old   #2050

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Creature View Post
yea, are there some alternatives available? coz aor 6.2 sux with the inventory bug (items are turning into Equipped/EmptyString Items sometimes items even without an icon)
idk whoever made this one to work with private servers (thx for that of course) or at least this client needs a fix

thx in advance
The server should be matched with a 6.0 or 6.1 client which is why there's so many bugs in newer clients. I can't get a 6.1 client that works so I'm using the most available client that is even remotely compatible. Regardless, the item bugs have been fixed so it isn't an issue anymore.
Thanks
1 User
Old   #2051

Quote:
The server should be matched with a 6.0 or 6.1 client which is why there's so many bugs in newer clients. I can't get a 6.1 client that works so I'm using the most available client that is even remotely compatible. Regardless, the item bugs have been fixed so it isn't an issue anymore.
Is that mean that the items will not convert to an equipped items or empty string when I restart the server or some times during playing?

and if that what did you mean can you please provide me with the data base which has this fix?

and thank you very much... ^^
Old   #2052

So far it appears that items are fixed, no empty strings or random equips. Friends list is fixed, guilds and parties work, character names and classes show correctly in-game, duels work, trades work, and auctions work.

The fixes won't be released anytime soon. Once the server is fully-functional then I'll consider releasing it.
Thanks
1 User
Old   #2053

Quote:
So far it appears that items are fixed, no empty strings or random equips. Friends list is fixed, guilds and parties work, character names and classes show correctly in-game, duels work, trades work, and auctions work.

The fixes won't be released anytime soon. Once the server is fully-functional then I'll consider releasing it.
Is this what was included in the private release a few days ago?
Old   #2054

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoflcopterGoesSoiSoiSoi View Post
Is this what was included in the private release a few days ago?
Everything but auctions. That was released earlier today.
Old   #2055

Quote:
Everything but auctions. That was released earlier today.
Ah, thank you. I'm going through and updating the LUA scripts with current text strings from US servers (E7P2) and adding some extra menu options where needed (i.e. some lak traders have menu dlg information abut witch quest).

Closed Thread