Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Final Fantasy XIV
You last visited: Today at 23:53

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Free FFXIV Craft Bot - Craft While Minimized! (Limited Time)

Discussion on Free FFXIV Craft Bot - Craft While Minimized! (Limited Time) within the Final Fantasy XIV forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Thumbs up Free FFXIV Craft Bot - Craft While Minimized! (Limited Time)

Things are in limbo pending a decision whether to invest a substantial amount of money into legal research/fees.
Thanks
39 Users
Old 07/23/2011, 02:40   #2

I'm not charging anything right now; this trial has no planned expiration (but it probably will somewhere down the road). Getting everything together was my first step, where it goes from here depends on community interest and other factors.

The program will use abilities without cycling through all of them. AFAIK all available bots press Up → Up → Up in order to read the different available abilities. This addition is optimistically slated for this weekend included in v1.3.0.0 (on time!). This bot will automatically know which abilities are available and use them at the appropriate times (not just x turns after the previous ability, but when a human would likely use them).

It also uses bold and wait intelligently. If you have a mix of HQ and NQ materials, it isn't acceptable to simply tell your bot to bold some certain number of times since you might start off with 100 durability or 200 durability. Crafting is also memory based except for 2 actions (which will be fixed this weekend). This means you don't need to goof around with wait times or any extra configuration.

Further, since you can minimize it, you can enjoy the use of your computer for 2D programs while you're crafting away
Old 07/23/2011, 11:26   #3

v1.2.1.0 released at the same download location, fixes:
  • Occasional problem starting the program
  • Now switches to "Synthesis Options" tab after completing synths
An early version which supports abilities may be release today.
Old 07/23/2011, 15:02   #4

Very nice Job there. Im using this one since a month and it helped me a lot.

The different options are really nice, and also how its working in the background. Didnt have any warning about Maleware and ****.. so yeah..

Keep the good work going!

__________________________________________________ ___________

Sehr gute Arbeit. Ich benutze den hier seit einem Monat und es hat mir sehr geholfen.

Die verschiedenen Optionen sind sehr gut, und auch wie es im Hintergrund arbeitet. Ich hatte keinerlei Warnungen bezügliche Maleware und dergleiche.. so yup.

Mach weiter so mit der guten Arbeit.
Old 07/24/2011, 02:56   #5

Glad it's working well

- I rather it show the items completed and broken in the status instead after you pause it.
On the "Synthesis Options" tab, a "Stop" button appears once the synthesis begins. The Pause button does not display stats, they are only displayed when you use Stop, or if you finish synthesizing. If you use the "Stop" button it will complete the current synth, display statistics, and reset the bot. I'll probably add the statistics to the status tab, and at some point, I want to show counters for breaks/NQ/HQ1/etc.

- Lower the wait time on hitting synth/recipes
This is planned in the form of "no wait" or "random wait" options, will be sometime in the next week.

- Option to use more abilities
Slated for today or tomorrow (top priority)

- Option to switch between specific recipes or craft que.
Cycle mode offers limited support for this, I'll consider adding something more robust for doing a variety of different synths.

- Option to buy items from an NPC
This sounds dangerous, I'd have to do it carefully. One of the lower priority items.

- Able to dual box and use it on two accounts(I haven't had the chance to test if it already does this)
I don't have windower so I can't test this, but if someone is willing to test it, I will do it. The bot is written with this use case in mind, but there is no way for a user to select between different instances of the program, so essentially this will be a small code change and a new option on the UI. This might be done sometime in the next week.

- Option to decide if I want to do Standard, Rapid, or Bold.
I find rapid to be pretty broken. Standard is used by default, and Bold can be configured with the appropriate option in the UI. If you want it to always bold, set it to 0 and it will bold unless you are on course to break the item, in which case it will use standard. The bot will also not bold during unstable element due to the potential durability loss on critical failure.

- Make it so when you hit start synthesis automatically starts it. (So you don't have to manually hit synthesis yourself)
Do you mean an option for it to open the main game menu and select "synthesize"? If so, I will probably do this if/when I add the ability to change crafting classes, since you would need to check that before opening the synthesis menu anyhow.

- Improve security of the program
Can you be more specific? How could the security be improved? It is considerably secure right now, key presses are exact replicas of manual entry. AutoIt/AutoHotKey bots cannot guarantee this, since they don't actually create the lparam/wparam for the keystrokes. The reason for the delay before pressing enter is to give the bot a more realistic pace so it isn't an obvious bot. If there is something else I could do to improve the security, I'd be more than happy to.

- Able to get NPC support
Considering this - it doesn't currently know if you have support or not, so I'd need to do that first

- Auto shutdown/log out if you run out of materials
Considering this - should it go to character select or all the way out of the game?

- Estimated time
Good one, added to the list

- Able to do local leves also
This is planned.

Thanks for the feedback, keep it coming!
Old 07/24/2011, 05:37   #6

The Hasty Hand ability is only available during the first round of synthesis.

Hasty hand can:
  • Succeed (+100% progress)
  • Partially Fail (+50% progress, -50% durability)
  • Critically Fail (-100% durability)

Those other suggestions look good, I like the reconnect idea XD
Old 07/24/2011, 16:11   #7

v1.3.0.0 is now available, featuring preserve!

This program does not need to highlight each ability to "look" for preserve like most (all?) other programs, it automagically knows when the ability is available
Old 07/25/2011, 08:24   #8

- Able to dual box and use it on two accounts(I haven't had the chance to test if it already does this)
I don't have windower so I can't test this, but if someone is willing to test it, I will do it. The bot is written with this use case in mind, but there is no way for a user to select between different instances of the program, so essentially this will be a small code change and a new option on the UI. This might be done sometime in the next week.

this would be great as i dual box 98% of my gaming time rest of the updates idc about i just want auto spamm standard to lvl up lol ;p, a feture where it knows if its gone wrong like into the quest menu for crafting if it misses key stroke and goes there by mistake mine seems to just get stuck and not do anything.

also pause for me doesnt work, i have to close then reopen it. atm which ever ffxiv instance was opened 1st thats the one the program links to to craft on.. othr that that its nice job btw!! ... keep it free.. or at least a free basic bot for auto spam standard with next to no options ;p thats all i need lol
Old 07/25/2011, 08:31   #9

I'll consider writing a branch of the bot at some point for people who dualbox can test.

As for Pause, it finishes the current synthesis and presses Finish before it is actually paused. So you should click Pause on the bot while it is synthesizing and wait for it to reach 100% progress and press finish (two seconds) then you can do whatever you need in the game and click "Resume"

If you want it to stop and reset, there is a "Stop" button on the "Synthesis Options" tab when you are already synthesizing.

Since I use both Stop and Pause regularly I'm fairly certain they work as intended, but let me know
Old 07/25/2011, 09:28   #10

Two things to report...

First, when I press the stop button, all options turn grey and the only way to get the bot to work again is to close it and reopen it.

Second, the preserve option doesn't seem to work for me. I have the skill set, and it's the only skill I do have set. The skill pops up, but the bot never uses it. I could be doing something wrong, but I don't believe so.

And I also wanted to say nice work so far! I was using Crazy Crafter, but the creator will be MIA due to a move for a few months so I began searching for an alternative. I tried several others before finding yours, and needless to say my search is now over! In fact, I may even like it more than I liked crazy crafter (and that's saying a lot). Keep up the awesome work, and I look forward to seeing more updates in the future! I'll definitely donate something to help the cause once I get my next paycheck.

Oh, just one suggestion to add... Occasionally the bot chooses Requested Items instead of Recipes when attempting to repeat a craft. If it's possible, could you add a feature to check for the "Requested Items" menu, so that if it does choose this option, it can recognize it and press escape to correct itself? That's the feature I love most about crazy crafter. It seems pretty much every bot out there occasionally gets caught up in the requested items menu, and CC was the only one I've seen so far that could correct it. If you manage this feature, I think you'd have a bot on your hands that exceeds all the others on the market at the moment.
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/25/2011, 09:46   #11

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post

- Improve security of the program
Can you be more specific? How could the security be improved? It is considerably secure right now, key presses are exact replicas of manual entry. AutoIt/AutoHotKey bots cannot guarantee this, since they don't actually create the lparam/wparam for the keystrokes. The reason for the delay before pressing enter is to give the bot a more realistic pace so it isn't an obvious bot. If there is something else I could do to improve the security, I'd be more than happy to.
He may mean /tell alert or something of that nature.

But i just got this today and i have tried many crafting bots and this is BY FAR the most successful crafter. Other bots usually spam enter and dont care for the color etc. but this one gives me a 80% success rate on a craft that is 7 levels above me! Def. recommended and please donate for all his hard work! =) (no i was not hired to say this stuff lol its just good)

Oh and p.s. i double the chat thing (like crazy crafter) so we can minimize the game
Old 07/25/2011, 10:01   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgm1988 View Post
First, when I press the stop button, all options turn grey and the only way to get the bot to work again is to close it and reopen it.
It will finish the synth, then report statistics and reset. I figured no one will just let their synthesis blow up, so rather than expecting the user to complete it, the bot would finish and then stop. I'd be interested to hear how other people use the bot and why this is unexpected, and how you would expect it to work.

Quote:
Second, the preserve option doesn't seem to work for me. I have the skill set, and it's the only skill I do have set. The skill pops up, but the bot never uses it. I could be doing something wrong, but I don't believe so.
Hmm, one other person had this problem but they got disconnected and upon reconnecting, it worked (so we couldn't diagnose what happened). If you set more abilities does it ever work?

Quote:
And I also wanted to say nice work so far! I was using Crazy Crafter, but the creator will be MIA due to a move for a few months so I began searching for an alternative. I tried several others before finding yours, and needless to say my search is now over! In fact, I may even like it more than I liked crazy crafter (and that's saying a lot). Keep up the awesome work, and I look forward to seeing more updates in the future! I'll definitely donate something to help the cause once I get my next paycheck.
Thanks, I really appreciate the kind words, feedback (good and bad), and generosity

Quote:
Oh, just one suggestion to add... Occasionally the bot chooses Requested Items instead of Recipes when attempting to repeat a craft. If it's possible, could you add a feature to check for the "Requested Items" menu, so that if it does choose this option, it can recognize it and press escape to correct itself? That's the feature I love most about crazy crafter. It seems pretty much every bot out there occasionally gets caught up in the requested items menu, and CC was the only one I've seen so far that could correct it. If you manage this feature, I think you'd have a bot on your hands that exceeds all the others on the market at the moment.
There are a few prevention techniques in place... I really wanted to avoid the circumstances which cause this but for whatever reason (I suspect computer or server lag), it keeps happening.

Adding the failsafe is easy, but I feel sloppy doing it... nevertheless, I will implement it as a final fallback. Unfortunately, when it happens, it will slow the bot down
Old 07/25/2011, 12:31   #13

it does stop but everything just stays grey no way to start without closing down and reopening.. dunno why, if it matters running dual boxed, win7 64
Old 07/25/2011, 12:51   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
1)
It will finish the synth, then report statistics and reset. I figured no one will just let their synthesis blow up, so rather than expecting the user to complete it, the bot would finish and then stop. I'd be interested to hear how other people use the bot and why this is unexpected, and how you would expect it to work.

2)
Hmm, one other person had this problem but they got disconnected and upon reconnecting, it worked (so we couldn't diagnose what happened). If you set more abilities does it ever work?

3)
Adding the failsafe is easy, but I feel sloppy doing it... nevertheless, I will implement it as a final fallback. Unfortunately, when it happens, it will slow the bot down
1) Well, what I was referring to with the stop button wasn't that. I get why you made it continue the synthesis process until it's over before stopping. What I meant was, even after the synth ends, every button and check box on the bot remains grey for me. The only solution i found was reloading the bot (really isnt a big deal to me, but i know programmers are perfectionists, and if anyone is having an issue they like to hear about it. lol)

2) I haven't tried adding other abilities to the bar, but I'll give that a whirl. I have, however, reloaded the game and tried to use the command again to no avail.

3) If that fail-safe would slow down the bot then would it be possible to implement the ability to enable/disable it? It's more of a thing you'd want to use if you were afk'ing with the bot up, since you can't keep an eye on its activity. If you're at or near the pc and can see how its working then it probably isnt worth the loss of speed and responsiveness to ensure it can correct itself.

I'm going to look into the preserve issue a little more. I'll try putting preserve in different slots, and adding in different skills to the mix. I'll let you know if anything changes.
Old 07/25/2011, 12:53   #15

Hmm that's weird... I'll test it now. It should switch to the synthesis options tab and reenable all of the options.

The fix should be available later today, I need to finish implementing logout/shutdown options, then I can release a new version with the Stop button fixed as well. If I'm really lucky, I can sort out the problem two people have reported with preserve.

Quote:
1) Well, what I was referring to with the stop button wasn't that. I get why you made it continue the synthesis process until it's over before stopping. What I meant was, even after the synth ends, every button and check box on the bot remains grey for me. The only solution i found was reloading the bot (really isnt a big deal to me, but i know programmers are perfectionists, and if anyone is having an issue they like to hear about it. lol)
Thanks, I've got it now (see my previous post)... needed some coffee

Quote:
2) I haven't tried adding other abilities to the bar, but I'll give that a whirl. I have, however, reloaded the game and tried to use the command again to no avail.
Ah... if you logged *all the way out* (had to log back in)... then it is definitely unrelated to anything you might've done in game... I will look into this further as more information becomes available, or if I can reproduce the problem somehow.

Quote:
3) If that fail-safe would slow down the bot then would it be possible to implement the ability to enable/disable it? It's more of a thing you'd want to use if you were afk'ing with the bot up, since you can't keep an eye on its activity. If you're at or near the pc and can see how its working then it probably isnt worth the loss of speed and responsiveness to ensure it can correct itself.
The loss of speed is just due to it opening the wrong thing and having to close it. Having the fallback wouldn't add additional time, I just meant that a better option would be to somehow avert it from ever opening the requested items menu

Quote:
I'm going to look into the preserve issue a little more. I'll try putting preserve in different slots, and adding in different skills to the mix. I'll let you know if anything changes.
Thanks, more info on the problem would be really helpful. This is also the foundation for being able to use other abilities, so I really want to be sure it is working properly. I suspect the issue is offsets, but am far from certain.

Tags
craft bot, ffxiv craft bot, ffxiv crafting bot, free craft bot, mastrkraftr