Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Final Fantasy XIV
You last visited: Today at 05:17

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Ultimate Fish Bot: MastrBaitr

Discussion on Ultimate Fish Bot: MastrBaitr within the Final Fantasy XIV forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Thumbs up Ultimate Fish Bot: MastrBaitr

Things are in limbo pending a decision whether to invest a substantial amount of money into legal research/fees.
Thanks
10 Users
Old 08/30/2011, 18:19   #2

Thanks for this. I will not be using it but I love how you are releasing things to the public. Love your crafter.
Old 08/30/2011, 22:06   #3

Nice looks good!
Old 08/31/2011, 03:51   #4

cool, does this work while minused out of the game like your crafting bot?
Old 08/31/2011, 03:58   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve782 View Post
cool, does this work while minused out of the game like your crafting bot?
Yup, and it's reeeeally fast/smart.
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/31/2011, 04:05   #6

Ugh, if I had only donated a day sooner. =/

There aren't any fishing bots out that work consistently right now, especially ones that run in the background.

This looks great though; hopefully I'll have a chance to try it out soon.
Old 08/31/2011, 04:12   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invalice View Post
Ugh, if I had only donated a day sooner. =/

There aren't any fishing bots out that work consistently right now, especially ones that run in the background.

This looks great though; hopefully I'll have a chance to try it out soon.
Well something tells me all the people who donated between Saturday and today will have it in the next... 10 minutes or so

Those who received it earlier and aren't running 1.0.1.2, check it out, it has some bugfixes to jigging logic that might improve your catch rate. The download URL is the same as before.

Tomorrow there will be details on how other people can get access! If you don't have access, make sure you check back!
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/31/2011, 04:17   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
Yup, and it's reeeeally fast/smart.
EXCELLENT! I would put that first in the list of features.
I'm currently using the moetoy fishing bot, but I can already tell this one will be much better. I will be refreshing this forum repeatedly until I can get access!!
Thanks for all your hard work.
Old 08/31/2011, 05:34   #9

Don't forget to post your impression, bugs, and feature requests here!
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/31/2011, 05:45   #10

Some useful option to have might be the following to protect against fatigue:
Have an option so that when, for example, you have only have a 20% catch rate on your last 10 fish, the bot will stop. This will be good because once the bot stops you can begin to gain your fatigue back. I have found that when my fatigue gets very low, my catch rate is like 1/10, so its pretty much pointless to fish and its more efficient to just stop and regen your fatigue back and then continue fishing again later.

The reason for using the last 10 fish is because the overall catch rate is not a good indicator for when fatigue sets in. If, for example, you start with full fatigue, ur catch rate may be high @ 80% or so. After many catches (say 200), it will start to diminish a lot. After a while longer, your *overall* catch rate will only decay to, say, 70%, but the catch rate for the last 10 ("local" catch rate) is only 10%. This would indicate that you are overcome with fatigue and should stop and let it regen.

I think this would be a nice option to have and certainly add a nice element of intelligence to the bot.
Whether or not you decide to implement this sort of AI, could you have a counter on the bot to display the catch rate of the last 10 fish as well? That way we could at least shut it off at our discretion when we see we are fatigued.
Old 08/31/2011, 06:55   #11

Aww I'll be away for a few days. So I won't have time to check. I've been keeping up with mastrkraftr and I love it! I'll look forward to how useful this will become when I have more time.
Old 08/31/2011, 08:58   #12

I want to try this so badly it looks awesome
Old 08/31/2011, 10:17   #13

Please consider me for becoming one of your avid MastrBaitrs!
Old 08/31/2011, 12:35   #14

Will this eventually become free software or will you start applying fees?

I'm a big fan of MastrKraftr, would love the opportunity to test this bad boy out too.

May have been paid today (despite not technically having a job) so I'll see if I can't send a little something your way for all your efforts!
Old 08/31/2011, 12:42   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by RossB View Post
I'm a big fan of MastrKraftr, would love the opportunity to test this bad boy out too.
Not sure (still up in the air), but later today an announcement will be made about how you and a friend can win access!
Thanks
1 User

Tags
ffxiv fish bot, ffxiv fishing bot, fish bot, fishing bot, mastrbaitr