Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 08:44

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Introducing Shannara Conquer

Discussion on Introducing Shannara Conquer within the CO2 PServer Advertising forum part of the CO2 Private Server category.

Old 05/03/2016, 03:46   #61

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 4,114
I don't completely agree with your opinion, Ultimation. From what I've read, this server isn't remotely similar to the egy servers out there, other than it having bugs. The server owner is actually trying to learn how to program and going out of his way to reference and learn from good people and good sources. The primary problem with all of those egy servers isn't that they're a bit buggy, but that their server owners have no idea how to fix them or maintain their server. If those people stopped making servers, there would probably only be a handful of servers still online. I honestly believe that Nyorai has the ability to be a decent server owner and programmer.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 05/03/2016, 03:56   #62

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
As much as I agree that the source is NOT anything great (it pains me seeing NCOS still used in any live project), comparing it to **** egy ripoff sources is not really fair either.

This is gump's old server (conquer classic) which has been live for years. he gave up and sold the project to Nyorai who then hired Angelius to add some client protection and has been using it as a learning project to fix up other bugs and provide some ongoing updates.

While yes, most of that work is not his, it still shows a dedication and interest light years ahead of what any **** egy source owner has shown.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 05/03/2016, 10:47   #63

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 1,565
my point being, those who know about conquer, and know how to program, shouldn't need to use other sources, they should write their own, I mean I can't remember the last time i used someone else's source. I do use them for reference, to look up missing structure values etc. But not to run or modify.

Like i said, my point wasnt directly towards him, it was in general. The community should focus on 1 project not 100000 projects for 500 people
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/03/2016, 15:34   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimation View Post
my point being, those who know about conquer, and know how to program, shouldn't need to use other sources, they should write their own, I mean I can't remember the last time i used someone else's source. I do use them for reference, to look up missing structure values etc. But not to run or modify.

Like i said, my point wasnt directly towards him, it was in general. The community should focus on 1 project not 100000 projects for 500 people
I think that's unreasonable to say all server owners should know how to program everything Conquer related right away. Actually, I'd go out of my way to say that's completely daft. I didn't know any of the other structures or packets in Conquer Online until I looked through public sources. I didn't get an understanding of how Conquer Online handles certain packets until I ran and worked with a private server source (and funny enough, it was NCOS). Hell, even assuming everyone should know cryptography and networking perfectly (two of some of the hardest subjects to get right in the industry) is unreasonable. As much as I agree that people should know programming, this is a little extreme. People grow and adapt, servers are going to also grow and adapt. Just ask Chris or Alex.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 05/03/2016, 22:15   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirited View Post
I think that's unreasonable to say all server owners should know how to program everything Conquer related right away. Actually, I'd go out of my way to say that's completely daft. I didn't know any of the other structures or packets in Conquer Online until I looked through public sources. I didn't get an understanding of how Conquer Online handles certain packets until I ran and worked with a private server source (and funny enough, it was NCOS). Hell, even assuming everyone should know cryptography and networking perfectly (two of some of the hardest subjects to get right in the industry) is unreasonable. As much as I agree that people should know programming, this is a little extreme. People grow and adapt, servers are going to also grow and adapt. Just ask Chris or Alex.
He does have a point though when it comes to just one classic server, since the classic conquer community now would barely reach 500 player and it doesn't make much sense for them to be scattered on three or four servers.
Old 05/04/2016, 04:57   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuDe_eg View Post
He does have a point though when it comes to just one classic server, since the classic conquer community now would barely reach 500 player and it doesn't make much sense for them to be scattered on three or four servers.
It sounds nice, but it's really not. The reason why having multiple good servers making a profit would be nice is because it incentivizes the servers to out-do one another. It's essentially capitalism in that it encourages members to support higher quality servers (and it gives them choice in different game styles and communities). The real problem comes from the plebs who use their parents' oil money to host a ****** server that they can't maintain. Because they spend thousands on advertising and botting other good servers, the entry level for starting a server and doing well is far too high. It's that artificial boost that ***** over our community, and there're soooo many of those people. In reality, there are only 2 or 3 good servers out there, and they're spending money on better hosting and botting to keep competitive. It's nice to think that they can all go away and we can have these smaller servers doing well, but it just won't be the case until somethings crack down (which they won't).
Old 05/05/2016, 07:05   #67

Hello everyone at elitepvpers*!!!. I would love to share some news for this server.
I believe that every ones dream is coming true! I've been told that we have joined an Inter-server Network! (You can now join an inter-server arena and cross server guild wars).

This event is brand-new for our server. You do not need gears to participate as you will receive your set and level upon joining area. I would say it's ready for it's first test... so the more the merrier. I've heard from Nyorai that it could start may 7th,2016. Saturday. Not sure on timing. I'm excited to try out a classic warrior build.

Apparently this is an Against 5 other servers GuildWar Brawl: It will be Shannara, Apex, Triumph, Original, and Raw.

Everyone will receive a full +5 1 soc -5 set, instead of having people from diff servers playing with their own gears... You can choose which class you want to be in the inter-server, as well as a complete weapon list to choose from, as well as armor. The gear will not return to your actual server...

Another note I heard is an Inter-server arena, that is open 24/7. Between the 5 mentioned classic servers.. Awesome?
Old 05/05/2016, 07:32   #68

I'm glad to see that Chris was able to make that work. Good for you guys.
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/05/2016, 13:42   #69

elite*gold: 200
As kindkiller mentioned, Shannara Conquer has joined the Interserver Network that the Redux team haVE been working on for a while (Credits and big thanks to Chris). It's extremely fulfilling for us to be part of a "movement" that's gathering all the classic servers community in a common place. Hopefully this will bring back more old folks who have been away for quite a while.

I'll be updating the thread with some of the recent updates so you can keep in touch with the project.

In the meanwhile, I'll leave you with our brand new trailer. Take a look at it and give us some feedback! I'm out!

Shannara Conquer - Classic Experience
Thanks
2 Users
Old 05/14/2016, 16:56   #70

so it beacame a 5017 server?
Old 05/14/2016, 17:10   #71

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by ha.ho.a View Post
so it beacame a 5017 server?
Sorry to steal focus in the thread but I assume this is referring to it being on the interserver network and seeing as that's my work I thought I'd go ahead and answer.

The interserver network is >NOT< patch dependent. If you want to get technical, the interserver runs on patch 5517 and has full support for things like monks and ninjas and battle power and all that ****.

As part of the design of that source though, it also includes the capability to auto translate between various client versions. Currently the interserver system supports patch 5017, 5065, 5095, 5165, 5212 and 5517. Adding support for different patches is simply mapping the packet structures or enum changes and the source can then translate seamlessly.

The limitations are obviously then client assets. You cant have servers running new jump connecting and playing with old jump and you cant have new classes/skills being mixed with clients that dont have them.

In this case, shannara uses old jump and only has classic classes so adding them was (relatively) pain free.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 05/23/2016, 15:40   #72

Howdy !

Alright so, let me update you a bit about Shannara. So, lately I've been extremely busy with my finals and unfortunately the time I've had to actually dedicate myself to the project haven't been as much as I wanted to (hopefully I'll be done in a week >_< - summer holidays, yay). Anyways, here's the list of most of the stuff we didn't post here in epvp.

Changelog:
  • Sky Pass Quest has been added - Find Daniel inside the DreamLand (166, 155);
  • Rat Fang Quest has been added - Find Old Man Tand in PhoenixCastle (779, 467);
  • Army Token Quest has been added - Find General Qing in Twin City (400, 288);
  • Moon Spring Quest has been added - Find Stone Bandit in Desert City (324, 456);
  • You will only receive reborn special attribute weapons (Poison Blade, Stig Bow, Mana BS & HP BS) if you reborn at L120+;
  • Reflect damage has been nerfed - it no longer return the full damage but caps at 2600 instead;
  • Increased Guild War prize to 50,000,000 silvers and 2 Super Tortoise Gems;
  • Added the Moon Platform - Find Luna in Twin City (373, 410);
  • Desunotos now spawn every 5 mins while the Counter Clock GW is running;
  • Fixed a bug that was causing clients to crash after the char got kicked out from Class PK Tournament;
  • Nerfed reborn Guards damage;
  • Hired new city guards that now properly defend the cities from mobs;
  • Rebalanced Dis City 2nd floor spawns so Dis City won't end in 10 minutes;
  • Fixed a bug that was causing lag spikes in LMS & FB/SS Events;
  • You can no longer try to improve Pickaxes quality
  • We have joined an Interserver Network (You can now join an interserver arena and cross server guild wars)
  • New anti-cheat has been implemented
  • DisCity have been modified in order to last a little bit longer
  • ViperFang Skill have been added
  • Capture The Bag Event have been added (Fridays 16:00 and Saturdays 22:00)
  • VIP Repair now asks for DBs if you're trying to repair an item for which you don't have enough stats
  • Full Screen mode added (use Config.cfg to turn it on(1)/off(0) or set screen size)

Please feel free to drop us any questions! We'll try to answer as soon as possible!

Best regards,
Nyo
Old 05/24/2016, 11:42   #73

what happened?cant log in,also site doesnt work
Old 05/24/2016, 14:01   #74

It seems there was an issue with our host earlier this morning. Everything's fully functional once again.

Thanks for your patience!

Old 06/04/2016, 14:29   #75

New Patch for our server!!!! Yup you heared me right, please don't check your ears for gunk...

It's time to start polishing this baby off, join our server for a lovely time. It's tons of fun, free to play, free to win!! and best of all.... made right.

Here is some of the changes with the patch:
Changelog:

Team Deathmatch - team based event have been added;
Freeze War - skill based event (FB/SS/VP) have been added;
Squamas have been added - make sure you find them for great treasures;
You'll learn/improve boxing skill when attacking mobs without a weapon;
Changed the way events are handled (base class that controls everything from behind - thumbs up for time saving);
Items/Gold no longer drop in unreachable coordinates;
You can no longer attack other players inside the Training Ground and Promotion Center;
You'll now receive invitations upon events, use /invitations command if you want to enable/disable them;
Droprates have been increased by 25% between Friday and Sunday (Cross Server GW Reward);
Reorganized the events schedule, you may see it below;

Join sooner then later~!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mv46fk.jpg (18.5 KB, 27 views)

Tags
classic, conquer, conquer online, private server