Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 07:56

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Introducing Shannara Conquer

Discussion on Introducing Shannara Conquer within the CO2 PServer Advertising forum part of the CO2 Private Server category.

Old 07/11/2017, 11:09   #196

elite*gold: 20
Your website is available through plain HTTP, allowing account information to be sent in the clear across the Internet. The site should be secured through forced HTTPS (at the very least the registration page).
Old 07/11/2017, 17:30   #197

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 4,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetterX View Post
Your website is available through plain HTTP, allowing account information to be sent in the clear across the Internet. The site should be secured through forced HTTPS (at the very least the registration page).
I couldn't help but notice that you spammed this across a lot of advertisements. If you're using a password that's remotely in need of a secure channel upon registration, then you shouldn't be using that password. The more serious issue is that servers store passwords in plain text (not saying this one does). You should be using a different, throw away password for every conquer website. RC5 login isn't even secure - it's static across all clients. HTTPS does not matter for Conquer Online private servers.

PS: Who wants your password for this private server anyways? A roommate? Your ISP? I could understand if you're in a public place for your bank account or something, but it's just unnecessary for a private server. If you're concerned, then don't register for a new account on public wifi? But who's going to go around stealing Conquer Online private server registration logins? That's so random.
Old 07/12/2017, 10:54   #198

elite*gold: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirited View Post
I couldn't help but notice that you spammed this across a lot of advertisements. If you're using a password that's remotely in need of a secure channel upon registration, then you shouldn't be using that password. The more serious issue is that servers store passwords in plain text (not saying this one does). You should be using a different, throw away password for every conquer website. RC5 login isn't even secure - it's static across all clients. HTTPS does not matter for Conquer Online private servers.

PS: Who wants your password for this private server anyways? A roommate? Your ISP? I could understand if you're in a public place for your bank account or something, but it's just unnecessary for a private server. If you're concerned, then don't register for a new account on public wifi? But who's going to go around stealing Conquer Online private server registration logins? That's so random.
I am bringing light to the fact that sending sensitive data like that in the clear across the Internet is really bad. Anyone in the way of Point A to Point B can read it with relative ease. We both know how many people don't use "a different, throw away password" for different Conquer servers, or even different services altogether.

I imagine almost every private server saves passwords in clear text in their database, which is another issue altogether and a big no-no. However, I didn't investigate farther to see of any telltale signs of such an act.

P.S. This isn't for me. I don't play on any of these servers. This is to bring awareness to stop this laziness. People spend real money on these servers and it would be a little nice to see the developers spending the 5 minutes to secure their website via HTTPS.
Old 07/13/2017, 03:23   #199

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 4,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetterX View Post
I am bringing light to the fact that sending sensitive data like that in the clear across the Internet is really bad. Anyone in the way of Point A to Point B can read it with relative ease. We both know how many people don't use "a different, throw away password" for different Conquer servers, or even different services altogether.

I imagine almost every private server saves passwords in clear text in their database, which is another issue altogether and a big no-no. However, I didn't investigate farther to see of any telltale signs of such an act.

P.S. This isn't for me. I don't play on any of these servers. This is to bring awareness to stop this laziness. People spend real money on these servers and it would be a little nice to see the developers spending the 5 minutes to secure their website via HTTPS.
I'm not saying it's not a security issue, but what's much more likely? That someone from the coffee shop is going to log into your accounts because you registered at a coffee shop, or that the owner of a crappy server (not this server) is going to try logging into your accounts? Definitely the later. I rather see people being more responsible with their passwords, because HTTPS just masks the real issue (that it's still not secure). That being said, for a server like this... I get where you're coming from. CloudFlare and Google both give out HTTPS certificates for free.
Old 07/15/2017, 11:08   #200

elite*gold: 0
Does an Archer-Archer skill "FreezingArrow" work on this server? I noticed that it wasn't working according to my tests and I reported it to the game authority in a few places. But no return was made. What can you say about this?
Old 07/31/2017, 18:12   #201

Not worth wasting your time
I will also explain why. There are few reasons:
-220+ Online players - 100 of them are mining in Mine cave , 50 of them are afk in market.
Online is less than 40 i believe
-No start ups for noobs.
-You are getting killed by +8 2sdg -5 for no reason , Great community.
-Only 1 guild in the game "Plan-B" , rest are just some fun-guilds.
-Waters are rolling in trojan armor and headbands.
-Trojans are rolling the warrior armor and headbands.
-PvP calculation is really wrong.
-ScentSword skill is shorter than FastBlade slightly.
-Intensifity doesn't work for archers correctly.
-My resume- Time waste
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/02/2017, 18:09   #202

I've been playing here for a while now, solid server. Community is active and the rates are good. Lots of opportunities for double experience, increased drop rates, and has constant events going on. Staff replied to my questions on forums, no complaints yet.
Old 08/03/2017, 19:33   #203

Cool Rant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3uma5 View Post
Not worth wasting your time
I will also explain why. There are few reasons:
-220+ Online players - 100 of them are mining in Mine cave , 50 of them are afk in market.
Online is less than 40 i believe
-No start ups for noobs.
-You are getting killed by +8 2sdg -5 for no reason , Great community.
-Only 1 guild in the game "Plan-B" , rest are just some fun-guilds.
-Waters are rolling in trojan armor and headbands.
-Trojans are rolling the warrior armor and headbands.
-PvP calculation is really wrong.
-ScentSword skill is shorter than FastBlade slightly.
-Intensifity doesn't work for archers correctly.
-My resume- Time waste
-First of all. Its EU server. If you are from some developing country far far away and everyone are asleep at the time you are online its not servers player count , its rather timeline. Server is filled at ~20:00 server times. (Which is prime time to EU)

-Its fairly easy to start in shannara without any startups. There is allready free double exps , low lvl vip , CloudSaintsJars etz. Its the way classic server suppose to roll. Get rewarded for your effort.

-If you get killed by some big level chars , man up , level up , get gear , revenge. Just like all of us did when we started. Dont be a pussy.

-I agree on that plan-b thingy. They are most active in the server. Most developing country players are banned from shannara cos only thing they did there was that they sold items with real money. Those were mainly the "enemy" side for a long time. So now after they got banned , they are moving to other server that allows to do it.
But i rather be in server where you cannot Pay2Win or sell items for real money with ruining whole economy while doing it.

-Using other classes items was in classic aswell. As long as you wear it under lvl 70 and upgrade in market. This is imo very nice thing to have and enables multiple character builds.

-PVP calculations are right. The fact that u are used to some BattlePower servers aint making this any wrong.

-SS/FB/ViperFang are 100% identical , this is checked from PM itself. (and i have tested it thorough. which you could have done to)

-How does "intesifity" are working wrong and how is it suppose to work ?

And yeah , i m a bit shannara fanboy. I have played in this server for like 1 year now. And patch after patch it goes to better direction. Details and quality of continuous updates to this server are some big company level job.
It still thrives me to play this server daily basis cos i know that developers rather listen "professional" players with actual knowledge from the game, than some guys who have played 2 days and got frustrated for the game because they are lacking knowledge / skills to go further.

Most complaints i see are from ppl who clearly aint suited for classic gameplay (lots of those in this thread complaining). You are used to some Pay2Win server with bouncy horses , discoballs and wings. If you dont get everything handed to you , you get mad and start making stuff up.

check your facts before posting.
Old 08/09/2017, 02:57   #204

I personally love this server, its a great run throught memory lane and I believe that anybody that played conquer will love this server
Old 08/09/2017, 15:20   #205

any plans to open a US server?
Old 09/21/2017, 14:07   #206

Nice one, wanted to test it and now i adore it ! GG
Old 09/21/2017, 19:14   #207

A good server , easy sell +1 itens in mkt , easy start just need 4 vote points (2 days) and trade for 1 day VIP , 12-14 hours hunt in Robin = 40kk = 30 days VIP GG (VIP worth 32-38kk, don't have stupid PK's in 16 days found only 2 .
my ping 300-800 because play from Brazil but is a good server and i try play with this .

Sry for a bad english
Old 10/15/2017, 21:38   #208

elite*gold: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by superplox View Post
I personally love this server, its a great run throught memory lane and I believe that anybody that played conquer will love this server
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedex22 View Post
Nice one, wanted to test it and now i adore it ! GG
Quote:
Originally Posted by beto1478 View Post
A good server , easy sell +1 itens in mkt , easy start just need 4 vote points (2 days) and trade for 1 day VIP , 12-14 hours hunt in Robin = 40kk = 30 days VIP GG (VIP worth 32-38kk, don't have stupid PK's in 16 days found only 2 .
my ping 300-800 because play from Brazil but is a good server and i try play with this .

Sry for a bad english
We appreciate all of your positive feedback and we're glad you're enjoying the server

Quote:
Originally Posted by king_edw View Post
any plans to open a US server?
We don't have any plans to host a server in the US.
Old 10/19/2017, 10:46   #209

It is such an amazing server!
Love the old CO. Hope it will stay up and running for a long, long time!
Registered yesterday, will be back this weekend to Level up lots higher :-) !
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/22/2017, 12:51   #210

what version on conquer is based on?

Tags
classic, conquer, conquer online, private server