Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 03:11

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Let's talk - Private servers 2020

Discussion on Let's talk - Private servers 2020 within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old 08/14/2020, 16:21   #61

elite*gold: 0
At some point people will just have to accept that there's nothing more to be done for this community.

Threads like these are cool but they never change anything. Silkroad is a thing of the past and many of us should've stopped playing a loooong time ago in order to preserve those wonderful childhood memories instead of dealing with all this post-VSRO pserver bullshit that frankly wasn't even that great overall.
Old 08/14/2020, 22:58   #62

First of all thanks @ for opening this topic. U targeted all my thoughts about psro nowdays.

I was thinking whole day what am missing in sro from times when 12 years old me was faking health issues to parents to just stay in home and pvp under dw south in Saturn. And I think I mostly missing grind. I mean I miss the feeling that higher level u are = more op u are. Idk if it's covid, or just that ive become invalid this year so I can't really work = much time for playing now, but I really enjoyed servers like Origin Online, where u have to grind, u don't get max level in 24hrs, u don't need to donate shit load of money to get sos +10 in first two days of server, to get any fun here, cuz leveling up by myself is fun itself for me, idk why. Let's stick to the Origin Online server example. It could be good, but it lacks out of endgame. If someone would ask me about my perfect imagination of psro, it should be low rates (where u really getting buffed by getting level, and u don't feel like leveling is just trash) but with anything to do after getting max level, not just sitting in city and spaming globals (the biggest issue that Origin have for me).

About play2win nowdays, I totally agree with u Hype. Every single server advertise itself as a play2win cuz u can get endgame gear from points "blah blah blah" but seriously getting these points as a non donator from battle arena or survival arena, or job killings, or even unique killings is pain in the ass, it's almost impossible, and it need to be fixed. But lets not go from one radical side to second radical side. Donators, as a people who are anyway boosting the server, should have advantage, but not that huge like on Electus or SailoR, where few people spend 1k $++ just to feel more powerfull in first weeks. But yeah, thats the community issue, not the owners.

From my perspective I don't join anymore "huge, innovative projects" cuz they are all the same. Stupid box system, huge boost for donators, and GMs or DEVs who don't really care about players. Tbh owners of small servers, where is around 1k players are investing more time, and are more carfully listening to players than all these huge projects. And in 99 of 100 small servers have better systems than these money machines.

Once again Dizzy, thanks for opening this topic, but tbh I don't think it will change anything. When we had chance to say "STOP" we just squeezed our asses as a community and let few devs fck us in these asses with repetetive systems where the only things that changes are server names and cap. Untill we won't say stop and servers, which just copying their files, databases reopening without any changes still getting 6k players ++ and still scam people for money there will nothing change.
As some1 said here. Ur server can have the best system, the most improvement play2win features, but still cuz of low count of players it will be called crap compared to *put here any "huge" money milking server name*.
Thanks
7 Users
Old 08/14/2020, 23:55   #63

elite*gold: 15
Received Thanks: 1,357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lochu125 View Post

About play2win nowdays, I totally agree with u Hype. Every single server advertise itself as a play2win cuz u can get endgame gear from points "blah blah blah" but seriously getting these points as a non donator from battle arena or survival arena, or job killings, or even unique killings is pain in the ***, it's almost impossible, and it need to be fixed. But lets not go from one radical side to second radical side. Donators, as a people who are anyway boosting the server, should have advantage, but not that huge like on Electus or SailoR, where few people spend 1k $++ just to feel more powerfull in first weeks. But yeah, thats the community issue, not the owners.
If you think you have better ideas for enabling people to buy stuff that was originally behind a paywall, be my guest.
Old 08/15/2020, 01:20   #64

i mean the aweaken system is the best way for fair play i will say to examples
last gear(Set) with dead item in shop and transfer with some materials like awaken glass of tear/ aweaken red crystal / aweaken elixir weapon with 300 unit for each part in this gear with hard drop (take one month or more to get full set ) in some dungeons and new fgw

and about weapons thinking for new fgw like arabia maze and togui

and accessory i think old way its amazing by battle arena and So ok or make it like awaken system like last gear (Set)

and finally best of luck for you
Old 08/15/2020, 06:35   #65

elite*gold: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedNite. View Post
If you think you have better ideas for enabling people to buy stuff that was originally behind a paywall, be my guest.
There isn't a way, that's the entire point. If you want the game to be TRULY FAIR, you would disable donations. But, SRO is a business, so nobody will dare to do such a thing.
Old 08/15/2020, 12:03   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosteNetwork View Post
Your ignorance is over 9000. I dare you to go to your job and don't ask for payment because is not truly fair for everyone. If you are so against it then take a step forward and be the change. Why don't you make a such server and make everyone happy? You want a server where you have support and everything but donations need disabled because is not fair. Making a server request resources, time, stress and such things. But is sooooooooo easy to just comment because take only 1 minute to write something about either bad things or good things.
If you want donations, let them be actual donations. No item given in return. Then we'll see how many people truly appreciate your work.

What you're doing isn't "accepting donations" but rather selling items for money.

Your way of thinking is wrong. You're thinking "how can i make my money back fast after i open this server?" but you should be thinking "it's ok, money will come with time, let's just focus on making a great server".

Every business loses money at the beginning, it's just how the world works. If you're not prepared to lose money, don't open a server in the first place.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 08/15/2020, 12:17   #67

elite*gold: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by notHype* View Post
There isn't a way, that's the entire point. If you want the game to be TRULY FAIR, you would disable donations. But, SRO is a business, so nobody will dare to do such a thing.
SRO is a game, any game is definitely a business. I personally prefer Fortnite concept, put stuff that won't affect character statistics or damage, like skins, effects, new pets..etc only in donation.

Because thats what the word "donation" mean anyways, you donate to keep the project alive, support it and motivate the staff, if you don't want to donate, its fine.

Probably won't get you the amount of donation you dream of, but should be enough to keep the server alive, active and not corrupted.
Thanks
4 Users
Old 08/15/2020, 13:28   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by #HB View Post
SRO is a game, any game is definitely a business. I personally prefer Fortnite concept, put stuff that won't affect character statistics or damage, like skins, effects, new pets..etc only in donation.

Because thats what the word "donation" mean anyways, you donate to keep the project alive, support it and motivate the staff, if you don't want to donate, its fine.

Probably won't get you the amount of donation you dream of, but should be enough to keep the server alive, active and not corrupted.
I wouldn't mind this tbh, I had this already almost done for a fresh server but I just chose to leave instead, too much headache.
Old 08/15/2020, 13:58   #69

Quote:

I totally agree with u. Donations means that u like someones work and u want to support it, u shouldn't get that huge advantage like u got in sro for donating. I personally love League Of Legends system, which is also FREE2PLAY, and if u want donate u can, but all u get is cosmetics, nothing that is gamebreaking. In the current situation donating is kind of corruption tbh. U pay gms for better items than have non donators.
Old 08/15/2020, 18:40   #70
Chat Killer In Duty

elite*gold: 5
Received Thanks: 6,470
@
nice way to be an absolute contrarian

Instead of giving valid arguments, you immediately start insulting and baiting those who answer you. Clearly shows you have no intentions on having a constructive conversation

Quote:

No way of mtx is good, in my eyes. However, I consider cosmetics to be way more acceptable than basically selling you the means to get better at the game.
Take Overwatch, Leagues and so. Games that have mtx but fro a means for you to look better, not BE better at the game. No matter how much cash you dump into it, it wont change the way you play
Thanks
2 Users
Old 08/15/2020, 22:41   #71

Guys, maybe lets stop fight here. It was constructive conversation, lets keep it as it was. Thanks
Old 08/15/2020, 23:00   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosteNetwork View Post
Clap clap, said the warrior of the internet. Wow you are so mighty. How I can call you, Sensei? Master?
I will just report you to see if moderators do their jobs since they removed my posts for "insulting".

The irony.

Anyway, back to the topic.Many people thought that new files would spark more interest from the community, and while I probably still wish it does, I'm not sure it will.For instance, the new job system is probably the second best expansion Silkroad ever had after Alexandria, it's such an amazing set of features combined that offer everyone what they want, longevity in an MMO, and more importantly, in an MMO like Silkroad, but then again, I'm not convinced people will ever want to embrace it.
Old 08/16/2020, 00:35   #73

elite*gold: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by notHype* View Post
You were just insulting if I remember correctly...
you don't remember correctly smart
Old 08/16/2020, 00:43   #74
Chat Killer In Duty

elite*gold: 5
Received Thanks: 6,470
Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedNite. View Post
[
Anyway, back to the topic.Many people thought that new files would spark more interest from the community, and while I probably still wish it does, I'm not sure it will.For instance, the new job system is probably the second best expansion Silkroad ever had after Alexandria, it's such an amazing set of features combined that offer everyone what they want, longevity in an MMO, and more importantly, in an MMO like Silkroad, but then again, I'm not convinced people will ever want to embrace it.
Honestly, what drives people away from new files is the weird part that Joymax tends to add content while also removing iconic features

new job system is greate, but people grew up with the Triangular Conflict that SRO introduced back in Legends 2. Because of these, Nostaliga appeals more toward a certain amount of people while leaving the others on the side lines
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/16/2020, 10:30   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortalDark View Post
Honestly, what drives people away from new files is the weird part that Joymax tends to add content while also removing iconic features

new job system is greate, but people grew up with the Triangular Conflict that SRO introduced back in Legends 2. Because of these, Nostaliga appeals more toward a certain amount of people while leaving the others on the side lines
True, but as is the tradition in an MMO, nothing stays in the same form forever, sometimes it turns into worse, sometimes into better, and this is just personal preference, but the complexity of the new system made it turn into something better.In an MMO, you can't let nostalgia stop you from progressing.
Thanks
1 User