Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rohan
You last visited: Today at 23:57

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

I'm Back In Action

Old   #46

elite*gold: 0
Ok just a quick update as to what I've been working on so far.

I'm going to go with the non-forging socket system based on the idea that I had before. I've been looking at the various stat and option configurations, doing plenty of tests and think I'm reaching the sweet spot which is nice to be able to achieve as relatively quickly as I have done. The advantage of having non-random stats on gear is that I can tailor it to make sure that some classes aren't underpowered at lower levels while others aren't overpowered at higher levels. It's also possible to be make sure everyone can be competitive in some way whilst having basic gear as the differences between normal, rare, unique and ancient will be much smaller. Other than small increases in stats and power, the main advantage of higher grade equipment is more sockets which means more options can be loaded into them.

So, to clarify if you haven't read the previous post which I detail this system, it goes as follows (a lot of this is edited copy and paste so sorry if you've read it all before):

This will be a Rohan without any crafting or any kind of random forging, where all of your gear will be from chests, quests and mobs. There will be no random stat rolls, all gear is graded as common, rare, unique, ancient and legendary. So no frustrating success or fail, no being fucked over by option stone rolls, just more rewarding farming where you don't have to grind for hours searching for that 1 weapon part... only for it to be wasted later with a failed forge or a bad option roll.

As I said, common items will still be totally usable, especially in PvE and any skilled player will be able to get by to a degree in PvP with them. So what's the crack with the item grades then?

Well, all drops will have their primary stat built in. Here is how the last few swords work:

[Common] Imperial Cutlass - 45% melee attack
[Rare] Grinden's War Sword - 47% melee attack
[Unique] Stedman's Sword - 49% melee attack
[Ancient] Meister's Glory - 51% melee attack
[Legendary] Sword of Illuvata - 53% melee attack

What else will differentiate them? Common weapons will have 1 socket, rare will have 2, unique 3, ancient 4 and legendary 5. Legendary weapons will also have an additional bonus option attached to them, for example the Sword of Illuvata also comes with 25% armor defense. Don't panic about crafting spirit stones though, as I've said there is no crafting here. Spirit stones are obtained the same way that the weapons are and are graded the same way. For example:

[Common] Incense Burner of Marea - 25% DD
[Rare] Incense Burner of Marea - 30% DD
[Unique] Incense Burner of Marea - 35% DD
[Ancient] Incense Burner of Marea - 40% DD
[Legendary] Incense Burner of Marea - 45% DD

Whatever grade weapon you have, you can put any grade spirit stone into the socket. If you socket a rare burner and later manage to obtain an ancient burner, you can overwrite and replace that rare burner with the ancient one. You'll lose the Rare Burner though so be careful where you put your high grade spirit stones and you don't unintentially overwrite the wrong one! Once stones are socketted, they're in and can't be removed, only overwritten. Therefore it would be a bit of a waste to put a legendary stone into a common weapon when you can't recover the legendary stone to use in a better weapon. These spirit stones also have no time limit to them (well, 365 days due to game limitations) and will remain until they are overwritten by socketting another stone over it or you dispose of the weapon. I may consider using the pulverizer to extract and recover spirit stones but I'm not sure about that yet. I don't want the game experience to be too easy, there should still be an element of challenge to the game. As per standard spirit stone rules, you also can't socket 2 stones of the same type into the same weapon, even if they are different grades.

At endgame there will be several different legendary sets, obtainable in different ways and each with their own unique benefits. For example the Sword of Illuvata will have 25% armor defense, the Sword of Erebus will have 25% weapon attack, the Sword of Fate 25% attack speed (all subject to change). With the increase in base stats and coming with 5 sockets, they'll be formidable and highly sought after gear. Rest assured though, they won't be overpowering in the grand scheme of things. I'm always very conscious when it comes to balance.

Armour has the same system except the parts come with less sockets. Common will have 0 sockets, rare also 0, unique 1, ancient 2 and legendary 3. Like weapons, they will come with built in stats and the base defense of the lower grade parts will be increased to make them more usable. The difference in base defense between normal armour and ancient armour is quite large by default and makes it very difficult to use normal and rare armour, even in PvE. It won't be a case of unique/ancient or GTFO in PvP any more.

Armour parts will also come with preset green pdef/mdef as follows:

[Common] Hero's Armor - 140 pdef/mdef
[Rare] Armor of Trian - 145 pdef/mdef
[Unique] Armor of Stedman - 150 pdef/mdef
[Ancient] Armor of Bedron - 155 pdef/mdef
[Legendary] Armor of Illuvata - 160 pdef/mdef

An example of the Protection of Marea spirit stone:

[Common] Protection of Marea - 220HP
[Rare] Protection of Marea - 290 HP
[Unique] Protection of Marea - 360 HP
[Ancient] Protection of Marea - 430 HP
[Legendary] Protection of Marea - 500 HP

As with the weapons, the legendary armours will come with an additional bonus on each piece. Armor of Illuvata 20% chance to recover 50HP, Armor of Erebus 5% damage reflect, Armor of Fate 5% mobility (again subject to change).

Pets will also be graded and won't level up but you'll still have to feed them so they keep providing their benefits and don't starve. Fused pets will not be in the game.

[Common] Soft Kahto - 10% Mobility
[Rare] Soft Kahto - 20% Mobility
[Unique] Soft Kahto - 30% Mobility
[Ancient] Soft Kahto - 40% Mobility
[Legendary] Soft Kahto - 50% Mobility

Mounts will also be graded. They will all be anti-crit dismount and rideable in safezones and dungeons.

[I][Common] Russet Stallion - 60% Mobility
[Rare] Thundering Stallion - 70% Mobility
[Unique] Armored Auburn Stallion - 80% Mobility
[Ancient] Armored Stormy Charger - 90% Mobility
[Legendary] Armored Cosmic Charger - 100% Mobility

When it comes to obtaining all of these items and gear, normal mobs will drop primarily common grade gear with a small chance of rare, a very small chance of unique and a tiny chance for ancient. Mini bosses will drop rare, a good chance of a unique, a small chance for an ancient and a very small chance for legendary. Bosses will drop at least uniques with a very good chance for ancient and a small chance for something legendary. There will also be various grades of items available from quests and chests, especially for repeatable and chain quests (think along the lines of Blazing Temple).

So this is the server and its main system that I'm currently working on. It sounds like I've done a lot of work already but in truth this is just the easy part, getting the base groundwork implemented. There's so much work to do yet to make sure the server is as complete and as professional as possible!

I hope that was interesting in some way and not a complete tl;dr

Thanks
4 Users
Old   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishtaria View Post
Ok just a quick update as to what I've been working on so far.

I'm going to go with the non-forging socket system based on the idea that I had before. I've been looking at the various stat and option configurations, doing plenty of tests and think I'm reaching the sweet spot which is nice to be able to achieve as relatively quickly as I have done. The advantage of having non-random stats on gear is that I can tailor it to make sure that some classes aren't underpowered at lower levels while others aren't overpowered at higher levels. It's also possible to be make sure everyone can be competitive in some way whilst having basic gear as the differences between normal, rare, unique and ancient will be much smaller. Other than small increases in stats and power, the main advantage of higher grade equipment is more sockets which means more options can be loaded into them.

So, to clarify if you haven't read the previous post which I detail this system, it goes as follows (a lot of this is edited copy and paste so sorry if you've read it all before):

This will be a Rohan without any crafting or any kind of random forging, where all of your gear will be from chests, quests and mobs. There will be no random stat rolls, all gear is graded as common, rare, unique, ancient and legendary. So no frustrating success or fail, no being fucked over by option stone rolls, just more rewarding farming where you don't have to grind for hours searching for that 1 weapon part... only for it to be wasted later with a failed forge or a bad option roll.

As I said, common items will still be totally usable, especially in PvE and any skilled player will be able to get by to a degree in PvP with them. So what's the crack with the item grades then?

Well, all drops will have their primary stat built in. Here is how the last few swords work:

[Common] Imperial Cutlass - 45% melee attack
[Rare] Grinden's War Sword - 47% melee attack
[Unique] Stedman's Sword - 49% melee attack
[Ancient] Meister's Glory - 51% melee attack
[Legendary] Sword of Illuvata - 53% melee attack

What else will differentiate them? Common weapons will have 1 socket, rare will have 2, unique 3, ancient 4 and legendary 5. Legendary weapons will also have an additional bonus option attached to them, for example the Sword of Illuvata also comes with 25% armor defense. Don't panic about crafting spirit stones though, as I've said there is no crafting here. Spirit stones are obtained the same way that the weapons are and are graded the same way. For example:

[Common] Incense Burner of Marea - 25% DD
[Rare] Incense Burner of Marea - 30% DD
[Unique] Incense Burner of Marea - 35% DD
[Ancient] Incense Burner of Marea - 40% DD
[Legendary] Incense Burner of Marea - 45% DD

Whatever grade weapon you have, you can put any grade spirit stone into the socket. If you socket a rare burner and later manage to obtain an ancient burner, you can overwrite and replace that rare burner with the ancient one. You'll lose the Rare Burner though so be careful where you put your high grade spirit stones and you don't unintentially overwrite the wrong one! Once stones are socketted, they're in and can't be removed, only overwritten. Therefore it would be a bit of a waste to put a legendary stone into a common weapon when you can't recover the legendary stone to use in a better weapon. These spirit stones also have no time limit to them (well, 365 days due to game limitations) and will remain until they are overwritten by socketting another stone over it or you dispose of the weapon. I may consider using the pulverizer to extract and recover spirit stones but I'm not sure about that yet. I don't want the game experience to be too easy, there should still be an element of challenge to the game. As per standard spirit stone rules, you also can't socket 2 stones of the same type into the same weapon, even if they are different grades.

At endgame there will be several different legendary sets, obtainable in different ways and each with their own unique benefits. For example the Sword of Illuvata will have 25% armor defense, the Sword of Erebus will have 25% weapon attack, the Sword of Fate 25% attack speed (all subject to change). With the increase in base stats and coming with 5 sockets, they'll be formidable and highly sought after gear. Rest assured though, they won't be overpowering in the grand scheme of things. I'm always very conscious when it comes to balance.

Armour has the same system except the parts come with less sockets. Common will have 0 sockets, rare also 0, unique 1, ancient 2 and legendary 3. Like weapons, they will come with built in stats and the base defense of the lower grade parts will be increased to make them more usable. The difference in base defense between normal armour and ancient armour is quite large by default and makes it very difficult to use normal and rare armour, even in PvE. It won't be a case of unique/ancient or GTFO in PvP any more.

Armour parts will also come with preset green pdef/mdef as follows:

[Common] Hero's Armor - 140 pdef/mdef
[Rare] Armor of Trian - 145 pdef/mdef
[Unique] Armor of Stedman - 150 pdef/mdef
[Ancient] Armor of Bedron - 155 pdef/mdef
[Legendary] Armor of Illuvata - 160 pdef/mdef

An example of the Protection of Marea spirit stone:

[Common] Protection of Marea - 220HP
[Rare] Protection of Marea - 290 HP
[Unique] Protection of Marea - 360 HP
[Ancient] Protection of Marea - 430 HP
[Legendary] Protection of Marea - 500 HP

As with the weapons, the legendary armours will come with an additional bonus on each piece. Armor of Illuvata 20% chance to recover 50HP, Armor of Erebus 5% damage reflect, Armor of Fate 5% mobility (again subject to change).

Pets will also be graded and won't level up but you'll still have to feed them so they keep providing their benefits and don't starve. Fused pets will not be in the game.

[Common] Soft Kahto - 10% Mobility
[Rare] Soft Kahto - 20% Mobility
[Unique] Soft Kahto - 30% Mobility
[Ancient] Soft Kahto - 40% Mobility
[Legendary] Soft Kahto - 50% Mobility

Mounts will also be graded. They will all be anti-crit dismount and rideable in safezones and dungeons.

[I][Common] Russet Stallion - 60% Mobility
[Rare] Thundering Stallion - 70% Mobility
[Unique] Armored Auburn Stallion - 80% Mobility
[Ancient] Armored Stormy Charger - 90% Mobility
[Legendary] Armored Cosmic Charger - 100% Mobility

When it comes to obtaining all of these items and gear, normal mobs will drop primarily common grade gear with a small chance of rare, a very small chance of unique and a tiny chance for ancient. Mini bosses will drop rare, a good chance of a unique, a small chance for an ancient and a very small chance for legendary. Bosses will drop at least uniques with a very good chance for ancient and a small chance for something legendary. There will also be various grades of items available from quests and chests, especially for repeatable and chain quests (think along the lines of Blazing Temple).

So this is the server and its main system that I'm currently working on. It sounds like I've done a lot of work already but in truth this is just the easy part, getting the base groundwork implemented. There's so much work to do yet to make sure the server is as complete and as professional as possible!

I hope that was interesting in some way and not a complete tl;dr
Make mobs that drop Legendary weapons to have skills like stuns silence etc.
Most of people just afk for days at a farmspot .

Thanks
2 Users
Old   #48

Ive always been against the idea of cutting existing systems from the game, especially huge systems like forging or crafting. Forging is probably the minor issue but crafting can actually be so much fun if you do it right. So my philosophy is to transform systems into what they should have been instead of cutting them alltogether.

For instance, I designed R2 to have both forging and crafting. Forged ancients can be transformed into Legendaries by using legendary option stones or rings, which yet again can only be obtained in special ways such as bosses or even being crafted from such drops.
Crafting on the other hand got a complete overhaul. You can basically craft all common stuff from level 1, gather everything from level 1 EXCEPT for legendary ingredients which require level 20/25. Ive basically cut all ingredients from 5 common to 1 common per grade + rare + unique ingredient to make it more simple. Everything you craft basically requires gatherable ingredients and dropable ingredients (from mobs, broken armor pieces etc). Common recipes are auto registered on character creation. Theres only a limited set of recipes you actually need to farm, like for example legendary blueprints.

What I want to say is, there is always a place for a system, it just has to be done right or fit in.
Old   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfRohan View Post
Ive always been against the idea of cutting existing systems from the game, especially huge systems like forging or crafting. Forging is probably the minor issue but crafting can actually be so much fun if you do it right. So my philosophy is to transform systems into what they should have been instead of cutting them alltogether.

For instance, I designed R2 to have both forging and crafting. Forged ancients can be transformed into Legendaries by using legendary option stones or rings, which yet again can only be obtained in special ways such as bosses or even being crafted from such drops.
Crafting on the other hand got a complete overhaul. You can basically craft all common stuff from level 1, gather everything from level 1 EXCEPT for legendary ingredients which require level 20/25. Ive basically cut all ingredients from 5 common to 1 common per grade + rare + unique ingredient to make it more simple. Everything you craft basically requires gatherable ingredients and dropable ingredients (from mobs, broken armor pieces etc). Common recipes are auto registered on character creation. Theres only a limited set of recipes you actually need to farm, like for example legendary blueprints.

What I want to say is, there is always a place for a system, it just has to be done right or fit in.
You could also add the crafted weapons / armors to the salvage **** that was giving crystals etc to give people some ingredients back if they dont like the crafted one.

Thanks
1 User
Old   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by DretoNEX View Post
You could also add the crafted weapons / armors to the salvage **** that was giving crystals etc to give people some ingredients back if they dont like the crafted one.
Eggsacktly
Old   #51

You two have agreed on something? That's it, the apocalypse is coming!!!
Thanks
1 User
Old   #52

Quote:
Beyond Godlike
Old   #53

Quote:
Could say the same to us. :P
Old   #54

You 3 should make a server asap.
Thanks
1 User
Old   #55

ayyy there was a project like this once, didnt last long
Old   #56

Yea didnt work out. Ishtaria and me do have quiet similiar thoughts on the game but we go at it in a different way.
Thanks
3 Users
Old   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfRohan View Post
Yea didnt work out. Ishtaria and me do have quiet similiar thoughts on the game but we go at it in a different way.
Lol yeah. Very similar but also fundamentally very different. At least we can admit we can't work together and can even laugh about it

On the subject of the server. One of the problems I'm trying to tackle is endgame boredom and what to do when you're max geared. As you may have gathered, there will be several endgame sets of equipment that you can obtain through various means. These will all have the same respective power but will come with slightly different options built into them (along with spirit stone sockets of course).

Illuvata will be more defense and survivability orientated with the weapon having built-in 25% armour defense and each armour piece having a 20% chance to recover 50HP. As they're legendary grade items the weapon comes with 5 sockets and the armour 3 sockets.

The legendary Erebus gear is an offensive set with 25% weapon attack on the weapon and 5% damage reflect on each armour piece.

Fate is speed orientated with 25% attack speed on the weapon and 4% mobility on each armour piece.

Praetor is another defensive set with the weapon featuring 10% block rate and the armours with 2% futile rate.

These will be subject to change for balancing purposes of course. I intend to have 8 endgame legendary sets - Ancile, Sanguine, St. Gosforth, Serpent, Praetor, Fate, Erebus and Illuvata as showcased at the end of page 2 of this thread, except Ancile, Sanguine and St. Gosforth will have the giant wings that the others have, because wings.

My hope is that this is just one of the ways to keep endgamers engaged in the game, by having more gear to collect with different potential loadouts, skillsets and tactics to try out.

I've decided to keep the level cap at 99 because it's my opinion that character builds are more varied due to only having 98 skill points instead of 109. The maximum delevelling will be -15(17) because I think the -30(32) delevel just ruins the gear tier system completely.

More info SOON(TM)
Thanks
2 Users
Old   #58

What if i want Sword of Fate with 25% Wa?
Old   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cumstorm View Post
What if i want Sword of Fate with 25% Wa?
There's always one person

Just add a "[Legendary] Spear of Roha" into one of the sockets. That'll give you 25% AS, 25% WA and 4 empty sockets

All of the option stones that were available for weapon and armour forging are now available as spirit stones.

You must register and activate your account in order to view images.

If you put a [Legendary] Leaf of Ohn into a Sword of Fate then yes, you'll have 50% attack speed.
Thanks
3 Users
Old   #60

Quote:
There's always one person

Just add a "[Legendary] Spear of Roha" into one of the sockets. That'll give you 25% AS, 25% WA and 4 empty sockets

All of the option stones that were available for weapon and armour forging are now available as spirit stones.

You must register and activate your account in order to view images.

If you put a [Legendary] Leaf of Ohn into a Sword of Fate then yes, you'll have 50% attack speed.
actually i like your idea's but i've a question plox
how can i forge/get this option stones such as rare uniq legendary ?
should i kill bosses ? forge it from chloe or what exactly ?