Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rohan
You last visited: Today at 01:14

  • Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

 

I'm Back In Action

Reply
 
Old   #31
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 182
Received Thanks: 29
Very nice indeed

The elf in the white (Illuvata) is boss! <3



BuzyBee is offline  
Old   #32
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 766
Received Thanks: 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishtaria View Post
I'll be using s2 level 110 Hero as a base. The reason is that s1 level 99 is just too limited as to what additional content you can put in and it does need additional content. As it stands, s1 just doesn't have enough to keep players interested in the long term. S3 level 115 Hero III is just a complete mess. There is way too much balancing to consider and the content is all over the place. To truly make the most of it, you could have a full team of dedicated amateur devs and it would still take a year to get close to something worth publishing.

So s2 is the happy medium. With Ronelia and Kallistia, along with some of the underutilised existing dungeons, there is plenty of working space to rework the areas to suit other needs. I may or may not keep the Elemental dungeon, I'm not sure yet (depends on feedback). I'm also not sure whether to cap at 99 without hero skills or 110 with hero skills. Balancing isn't an issue either way, even Heroic Power, due to my reworked stats on gear and socket system. It all depends if those extra 11 levels/skill points and 1 extra skill is worth it. Again, I'll go with player feedback on that one.

Exp will be "medium" but the curve (as in the increase in exp requirement for each level) will be much lower. I want people to be taking part in and enjoying PvP at levels 70-90 because when I was a player, this was the most exciting time to PvP. You were starting to be able to dish out damage and your skill tree was much better filled out. This was when you really had to rely on developing your own skill as opposed to outgearing. This is a problem with "PvP" servers that offer insta-max levels and gear. Players don't go through the learning process that they need to experience with PvP. Also with my balancing, you won't be completely outclassed by someone 10 levels above you so easily.

There will be plenty of additional gear for players to discover, purchase and earn. Some of it has been seen before and some of it has been been mixed and matched into other sets but the important thing is variation, players will have many choices for what to wear at endgame instead of aiming for a single set.

Here are some examples:










So i wasant the only one gunning for those cuz i could not forge them ))


DretoNEX is offline  
Thanks
1 User
Old   #33
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,045
Received Thanks: 709
Quote:
Originally Posted by DretoNEX View Post
So i wasant the only one gunning for those cuz i could not forge them ))
It seems there's some incompatibility with the files from Origins as I couldn't get the gems to work, unextracted or extracted, but it looks like the Hero client is updated with the same content, even if the graphics aren't used in Hero (like the white set for example).

Ancile = Frozen Spirit Armor + Craftman V weapons as they're almost a perfect match, almost as if it was intended. Note that the Craftsman Shield V is incorrectly written by default to show the graphics from Craftsman Shield IV (w_sld_rgb_a04_ instead of w_sld_rgb_a05_ because they duplicated w_sld_rgb_a01_ for Craftsman Shield II). The shield shown here IS the correct grade V shield.

Sanguine = Crimson Spirit Armor + Artisan V weapons as again they match up perfectly as if it was almost meant to be that way (same applies to the shield model code as with the Craftsman).

St. Gosforth = Sage's Armor + unused AC_G weapons + Elite Split Shield (this was originally the AC_G shield but renamed even though it clearly didn't match with the Split/Glacial gear path).

Praetor = Newly created ancient armour set by YNK based on one of the 6 armour costumes in IEF 10 + matching new AC_L weapons and shield. I don't think these have been used in-game by YNK yet?

Fate = Heroic Combine set simply renamed.

Serpent = Glacial Split Armor + Sage's weapons (AC_H) as they were originally designed to fit with that armour.

Erebus = Darkness Onyx set renamed.

Illuvata = As Praetor, newly written ancient armour set currently the highest gear in Origins (called Opaniel's there). Also like the Praetor I believe it's based on one of those IEF 10 costumes + RGB_03 weapons as these are programmed to be the matching ones on Origins. I wasn't sure on the shield (too lazy to convert the Origins bin to see what they used) so I took the w_sld_rgb_c05_ as it seemed the most appropriate.

I'll be putting wings on the Ancile, Sanguine and St. Gosforth armour... because wings.
Ishtaria is offline  
Thanks
3 Users
Old   #34
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 766
Received Thanks: 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishtaria View Post
It seems there's some incompatibility with the files from Origins as I couldn't get the gems to work, unextracted or extracted, but it looks like the Hero client is updated with the same content, even if the graphics aren't used in Hero (like the white set for example).

Ancile = Frozen Spirit Armor + Craftman V weapons as they're almost a perfect match, almost as if it was intended. Note that the Craftsman Shield V is incorrectly written by default to show the graphics from Craftsman Shield IV (w_sld_rgb_a04_ instead of w_sld_rgb_a05_ because they duplicated w_sld_rgb_a01_ for Craftsman Shield II). The shield shown here IS the correct grade V shield.

Sanguine = Crimson Spirit Armor + Artisan V weapons as again they match up perfectly as if it was almost meant to be that way (same applies to the shield model code as with the Craftsman).

St. Gosforth = Sage's Armor + unused AC_G weapons + Elite Split Shield (this was originally the AC_G shield but renamed even though it clearly didn't match with the Split/Glacial gear path).

Praetor = Newly created ancient armour set by YNK based on one of the 6 armour costumes in IEF 10 + matching new AC_L weapons and shield. I don't think these have been used in-game by YNK yet?

Fate = Heroic Combine set simply renamed.

Serpent = Glacial Split Armor + Sage's weapons (AC_H) as they were originally designed to fit with that armour.

Erebus = Darkness Onyx set renamed.

Illuvata = As Praetor, newly written ancient armour set currently the highest gear in Origins (called Opaniel's there). Also like the Praetor I believe it's based on one of those IEF 10 costumes + RGB_03 weapons as these are programmed to be the matching ones on Origins. I wasn't sure on the shield (too lazy to convert the Origins bin to see what they used) so I took the w_sld_rgb_c05_ as it seemed the most appropriate.

I'll be putting wings on the Ancile, Sanguine and St. Gosforth armour... because wings.
Its nice to see you working again , ive been working on a little sideproject aswell


DretoNEX is offline  
Thanks
1 User
Old   #35
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,045
Received Thanks: 709
Quote:
Originally Posted by DretoNEX View Post
Its nice to see you working again , ive been working on a little sideproject aswell
Now that's a much better use for the crafting studio
Ishtaria is offline  
Thanks
1 User
Old   #36
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 341
Received Thanks: 56
in that much time, things would shrink even more, and ofc the indos will remain so brace ur self for an SIR community when you open xd
smoka95 is offline  
Old   #37
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2
Received Thanks: 0
Looking forward to this. Hope your server will be amazing! I'm the guy who loves how the old school rohan rules (before crafting), I'm very excited! But still, 2019 is a very long time from now. Well a good game shouldn't be developed in a rush tho!
danchrow is offline  
Old   #38
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 766
Received Thanks: 357
Pff so far i only managed to get the iluvata i cant seem to find the others.
DretoNEX is offline  
Old   #39
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,045
Received Thanks: 709
Quote:
Originally Posted by DretoNEX View Post
Pff so far i only managed to get the iluvata i cant seem to find the others.
The "Praetor" armour is in the ancient armour IEF and the matching weapons are AC_L. Just make sure you use the latest data from official Rohan Hero and NOT the new Rohan Origins.
Ishtaria is offline  
Old   #40
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 782
Received Thanks: 292
They should aswell be in the origin files.
asdfRohan is offline  
Old   #41
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 766
Received Thanks: 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishtaria View Post
The "Praetor" armour is in the ancient armour IEF and the matching weapons are AC_L. Just make sure you use the latest data from official Rohan Hero and NOT the new Rohan Origins.
AAA lel i was using the origins one (Btw thatone also has it) the only difference is they contain the IEF 16 wich is the new Legend (Forged from 2 Ancients)

And yea i manage to get the ac_l ones too from origins i did get stuck on the models at some point for Praetor and ended up with

and the files models itself loaded fail like

Thx for the advice
DretoNEX is offline  
Old   #42
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,045
Received Thanks: 709
I'm not sure what the differences are, if any, between the Hero and Origins data. All I know is that my s2 client wouldn't even get to the login screen when using the model\player data from Origins. Could well have been the additional IEF sections causing the client to bug out when reading it.
Ishtaria is offline  
Old   #43
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 782
Received Thanks: 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishtaria View Post
I'm not sure what the differences are, if any, between the Hero and Origins data. All I know is that my s2 client wouldn't even get to the login screen when using the model\player data from Origins. Could well have been the additional IEF sections causing the client to bug out when reading it.
The additional sections *should* be unproblematic. Its mostly about additional flags being introduced.

Between iRohan (is that what you mean by Hero?) and Origin there are no differences except of the bitmaps archive holding additional icons for their new item grade system. The actual graphical part is identical.
asdfRohan is offline  
Old   #44
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,045
Received Thanks: 709
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfRohan View Post
The additional sections *should* be unproblematic. Its mostly about additional flags being introduced.

Between iRohan (is that what you mean by Hero?) and Origin there are no differences except of the bitmaps archive holding additional icons for their new item grade system. The actual graphical part is identical.
Yeah iRohan is what I'm referring to by Hero.

And yeah it's a bit odd as to why my client was crashing, not even reaching the login screen. Player folder from Origins, crash. Player folder from iRohan, works fine.

Maybe it's just something to do with the super old client and files I'm still using At least things like bitmaps aren't a problem and so far all the Origin models are included with iRohan.
Ishtaria is offline  
Thanks
1 User
Old   #45
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 57
Received Thanks: 26
Count Boyd's army in wkwkwkwk xd.


Cumstorm is offline  
Reply



« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Similar Threads
[Macro]Reset action bars (remove all spells from action bars)
English Hi, i just found a nice macro that i think many of you could need. It will reset the action bars and remove any spell from it. (You won't...
7 Replies - WoW Guides & Templates
if player1 killed player2 do this action , else do another action .
Okay , sorry for this thread but the old one none joining it , or trying to correct my wrong , well . if p1 killed p2 do this action , else do...
6 Replies - CO2 PServer - Discussions / Questions
Action-CO where real action comes in co privateserver
At the begging I would like to say hi I would like to produce you new server called Action-CO Server is 5095 as patch and is on VPS At first...
4 Replies - CO2 PServer Archive



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:14.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.

Support | Contact Us | FAQ | Advertising | Privacy Policy | Abuse
Copyright ©2017 elitepvpers All Rights Reserved.