Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rohan
You last visited: Today at 01:00

  • Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

 

I'm Back In Action

Reply
 
Old   #196
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,045
Received Thanks: 709
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nora (: View Post
Tbh the forging system was the most tiltfactor in this game sadly it'll be gone
I like Rohan's forging system but you might like this socket system too. My main problem with forging is that unless you can create at least uniques then your gear is useless. It's forge high or gtfo. High rate servers make forging easier but then it gets a bit boring as the gear out there ends up being very similar.

This socket system makes even normal and rare gear usable to some degree. The stones in the sockets aren't removable but don't expire unless you want to overwrite them with a different type or higher grade. End game gear should end up being a lot more variable with all sorts of different option combinations available.

Players also don't have to go through the forge lottery to have usable PvE gear and be competent in PvP. Hopefully everyone wins



Ishtaria is offline  
Thanks
1 User
Old   #197
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 7
Received Thanks: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishtaria View Post
I like Rohan's forging system but you might like this socket system too. My main problem with forging is that unless you can create at least uniques then your gear is useless. It's forge high or gtfo. High rate servers make forging easier but then it gets a bit boring as the gear out there ends up being very similar.

This socket system makes even normal and rare gear usable to some degree. The stones in the sockets aren't removable but don't expire unless you want to overwrite them with a different type or higher grade. End game gear should end up being a lot more variable with all sorts of different option combinations available.

Players also don't have to go through the forge lottery to have usable PvE gear and be competent in PvP. Hopefully everyone wins

I agree on that would be wonderful to have a few more options :x but yeah we'll see what you present us :3

I liked your previous servers a lot.

I hope still that there more of the pro devs here on epvp would work together and create an insane server


Nora (: is offline  
Old   #198
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,045
Received Thanks: 709
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nora (: View Post
I agree on that would be wonderful to have a few more options :x but yeah we'll see what you present us :3

I liked your previous servers a lot.

I hope still that there more of the pro devs here on epvp would work together and create an insane server
Well, because I keep good relations with other pro devs (which shall not be named unless they wish to be credited) instead of fighting with them, I've already been able to share a bit of info with them on certain things I'd like to do. I'm also working in partnership with another pro dev. So in essence, this server can almost be considered a cross-collaboration of sorts
Ishtaria is offline  
Thanks
1 User
Old   #199
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 103
Received Thanks: 24
Is there a chance that this server would come sooner? Haha.


ieyancallo is offline  
Old   #200
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 765
Received Thanks: 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by ieyancallo View Post
Is there a chance that this server would come sooner? Haha.
Do the time hack idk if works but change your pc date and time.
DretoNEX is offline  
Thanks
1 User
Old   #201
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 103
Received Thanks: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by DretoNEX View Post
Do the time hack idk if works but change your pc date and time.
Ow I forgot that. See you guys, I'll just farm ahead of you.
ieyancallo is offline  
Old   #202
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 120
Received Thanks: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishtaria View Post
I like Rohan's forging system but you might like this socket system too. My main problem with forging is that unless you can create at least uniques then your gear is useless. It's forge high or gtfo. High rate servers make forging easier but then it gets a bit boring as the gear out there ends up being very similar.

This socket system makes even normal and rare gear usable to some degree. The stones in the sockets aren't removable but don't expire unless you want to overwrite them with a different type or higher grade. End game gear should end up being a lot more variable with all sorts of different option combinations available.

Players also don't have to go through the forge lottery to have usable PvE gear and be competent in PvP. Hopefully everyone wins
This is unrelated, but do you know exactly how the critical hit ratio in-game is calculated? Is each boost cumulative, or do they interact separately like Obligation and weapon Damage Drop?

Let's say I have a crossbow, which has 5% base crit by default IIRC from one of your posts long ago.

Then there is 15% crit on it. I have Guild boost, so 2% more, and a Boost Scroll for 3 more percent. In total, that would be 25%. A level 3 Power tiger would top it off at 28%. If they Power Tiger was NOT a cumulative boost, it would multiple 25% x1.03 to boost it to 25.75%? Idk... Some may be cumulative and some may not be.

I am asking because I want to know if using a Power Tiger is worth it over a King Lion on my Ranger. It has all other crit modifiers at all times, except for Crit Aura, so the Power Tiger could possibly give me a higher DPS boost than the Attack Speed from the Lion... if I get lucky.
Glixxer is offline  
Old   #203
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 327
Received Thanks: 124
All additive
kthxbai2 is offline  
Old   #204
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,045
Received Thanks: 709
As @ said. Most things in Rohan are cumulative like crit chance and attack modifiers. They all add themselves together before applying the modifier.

The biggest exceptions I can think of are scenarios where success rate is increased. For example if you have a 50% success rate and a 10% increase in success rate, it doesn't become 60% (50%+10%) it becomes 55% (50%+(50%*10%)). This is because the 50% success rate is used as the base calculator, not 100%.

There's also some occasions where mobility and attack speed aren't additive as well because multipliers continue to be applied separately to the base value instead of all together in a cumulative fashion.
Ishtaria is offline  
Old   #205
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 782
Received Thanks: 292
MS and AS are cumulative aswell, its just a different formular with hardcaps. But with everything in rohan, there are a shitload of exceptions, some modifiers of certain skills get treated differently and thats where the numeric issues come from.
asdfRohan is offline  
Old   #206
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,045
Received Thanks: 709
Quote:
Originally Posted by shikishima01 View Post
All New PvP Server 100% Protected.
Don't advertise your server in my thread!

1) It's an ******* thing to do
2) It's against the forum rules
Ishtaria is offline  
Thanks
4 Users
Old   #207
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 182
Received Thanks: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishtaria View Post
Don't advertise your server in my thread!

1) It's an ******* thing to do
2) It's against the forum rules
Looking at the site we can tell who helped make that server ...


No problem though,I hate when people does this in someone else thread.So reported
BuzyBee is offline  
Old   #208
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 327
Received Thanks: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzyBee View Post
Looking at the site we can tell who helped make that server ...


No problem though,I hate when people does this in someone else thread.So reported
it's an indo guy that opens new server every 2-3 months since few years
kthxbai2 is offline  
Old   #209
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,045
Received Thanks: 709
As it was hijacking another server's thread, I thought I'd post in here about what templars will be like on this server.

First and foremost, I won't actually be nerfing temps per se. That is, I won't be messing around with their attack power but simply making them resemble their original design. You see, the fact they use melee % maces is an oversight by YNK. Blunt mastery wasn't intended to run through so many multipliers, it should have been a static addition to melee attack at the time of buffing that couldn't be increased any further.

I'm doing this by restricting maces to magic % only (defenders will use axes). This makes sure that the "blunt dump" doesn't get further inflated. Of course buffs like empower will bring in melee % modifiers so my method isn't foolproof and completely static, however the temp will still require party support to achieve this.

There are and always will be sceptics to templar nerfs, many are just in some kind of dumb denial and others just want a click to win button because they're f*****g stupid. So, here are some numbers I took after a lot of thorough testing...

guardian bedron 4146 + 1897 = 6043
guardian glacial 7446 + 3285 = 10731

templar bedron magic 6130
templar bedron melee 7742

templar glacial magic 12413
templar glacial melee 16121

guardian tier difference 4688
templar magic/melee bedron difference 1612
templar magic/melee glacial difference 3708
templar magic/magic difference 6283
templar melee/melee difference 8379

The first thing you should see is that after Bedron, you've reached the limit where the amount of melee % starts to cause a templar's damage to skyrocket out of control. Granted the difference in tier damage between a guardian and magic % templar still favours the templar, it's still looking so much better already. Hardly a nerf is it?

Right, so I did tell a little white lie, I will be lowering that templar damage some more. That's because I'm removing the cast time on the int nukes as well as increasing their power slightly. I hope it'll be quite a fun class to play when I'm done with it. Much better than the whack a mole gameplay of today... assuming the players have the brain capacity to press a couple of extra buttons every now and again.
Ishtaria is offline  
Thanks
3 Users
Old   #210
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 73
Received Thanks: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishtaria View Post
As it was hijacking another server's thread, I thought I'd post in here about what templars will be like on this server.

First and foremost, I won't actually be nerfing temps per se. That is, I won't be messing around with their attack power but simply making them resemble their original design. You see, the fact they use melee % maces is an oversight by YNK. Blunt mastery wasn't intended to run through so many multipliers, it should have been a static addition to melee attack at the time of buffing that couldn't be increased any further.

I'm doing this by restricting maces to magic % only (defenders will use axes). This makes sure that the "blunt dump" doesn't get further inflated. Of course buffs like empower will bring in melee % modifiers so my method isn't foolproof and completely static, however the temp will still require party support to achieve this.

There are and always will be sceptics to templar nerfs, many are just in some kind of dumb denial and others just want a click to win button because they're f*****g stupid. So, here are some numbers I took after a lot of thorough testing...

guardian bedron 4146 + 1897 = 6043
guardian glacial 7446 + 3285 = 10731

templar bedron magic 6130
templar bedron melee 7742

templar glacial magic 12413
templar glacial melee 16121

guardian tier difference 4688
templar magic/melee bedron difference 1612
templar magic/melee glacial difference 3708
templar magic/magic difference 6283
templar melee/melee difference 8379

The first thing you should see is that after Bedron, you've reached the limit where the amount of melee % starts to cause a templar's damage to skyrocket out of control. Granted the difference in tier damage between a guardian and magic % templar still favours the templar, it's still looking so much better already. Hardly a nerf is it?

Right, so I did tell a little white lie, I will be lowering that templar damage some more. That's because I'm removing the cast time on the int nukes as well as increasing their power slightly. I hope it'll be quite a fun class to play when I'm done with it. Much better than the whack a mole gameplay of today... assuming the players have the brain capacity to press a couple of extra buttons every now and again.
Never tested str def with axe and fixation,how's the atk spd?


kristian4 is offline  
Reply



« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Similar Threads
[Macro]Reset action bars (remove all spells from action bars)
English Hi, i just found a nice macro that i think many of you could need. It will reset the action bars and remove any spell from it. (You won't...
7 Replies - WoW Guides & Templates
if player1 killed player2 do this action , else do another action .
Okay , sorry for this thread but the old one none joining it , or trying to correct my wrong , well . if p1 killed p2 do this action , else do...
6 Replies - CO2 PServer - Discussions / Questions
Action-CO where real action comes in co privateserver
At the begging I would like to say hi I would like to produce you new server called Action-CO Server is 5095 as patch and is on VPS At first...
4 Replies - CO2 PServer Archive



All times are GMT +2. The time now is 01:00.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.

Support | Contact Us | FAQ | Advertising | Privacy Policy | Abuse
Copyright ©2017 elitepvpers All Rights Reserved.