Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rohan
You last visited: Today at 00:59

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

I'm Back In Action

Old   #16

elite*gold: 0
I'm not actually surprised the complainings have started already

Old   #17

If I opened a 100% perfect server tomorrow, people would still find something to complain about

Thanks
3 Users
Old   #18

I wonder why you havnt come to me tho, we actually share the same basic ideas and you know that. :P
Old   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfRohan View Post
I wonder why you havnt come to me tho, we actually share the same basic ideas and you know that. :P
ahahahahahha that made me laugh so hard i almost fell out of my chair you still dont get it that you cant hear others you just hear yourself when you get mad ? (No judging im the same )) )

Thanks
1 User
Old   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishtaria View Post
If I opened a 100% perfect server tomorrow, people would still find something to complain about
And that is 100% the case. No matter what you do someone else will insist their way is the best way and trash you for it.

Follow your own way. some will like it, some won't and that's 100% OK.

Quote:
LOL! You two guys strike enough sparks to set a forest on fire. Though my bat-sense is picking up a touch of sarcasm there.
Thanks
3 Users
Old   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by DretoNEX View Post
ahahahahahha that made me laugh so hard i almost fell out of my chair you still dont get it that you cant hear others you just hear yourself when you get mad ? (No judging im the same )) )
Uhm what do you want to say noob? o.o
Old   #22

Quote:
It's because I haven't finished what I wanted to do with the game and it drives my OCD crazy. Also when I see cookie cutter servers released, one after another after another, without so much as a sliver of innovation, that drives me crazy too.

And why now when I have less potential spare time than I've ever had? Boredom like you said. I've gotten bored with gaming in general, not even Mass Effect: Andromeda held my attention for more than a couple hours before I haven't touched it again. Rohan has always had a magical hold on my attention and it shows no sign of letting go..
For a server to ever be as lively as the OG Xor, it would have to do something VERY new. For example, better graphics. This would mean re-texturing weapons, armor, the map, lighting effects, a day and night cycle, etc.

Something like this would be a massive undertaking that would use up a lot of resources... but the profits off of such a server could be outrageous. A "remastered" version of ROHAN would no doubt bring in a ton of ex-players, but my main concern would be it being targeted by PWI.
Old   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glixxer View Post
For a server to ever be as lively as the OG Xor, it would have to do something VERY new. For example, better graphics. This would mean re-texturing weapons, armor, the map, lighting effects, a day and night cycle, etc.

Something like this would be a massive undertaking that would use up a lot of resources... but the profits off of such a server could be outrageous. A "remastered" version of ROHAN would no doubt bring in a ton of ex-players, but my main concern would be it being targeted by PWI.
That'll be

Actually maybe not Rohan 2.0 but asdf's Unity port, if he's still planning to complete it?
Old   #24

soon tm boys xd
Old   #25

Quote:
That'll be

Actually maybe not Rohan 2.0 but asdf's Unity port, if he's still planning to complete it?
Rohan 2.0 was accurate
Old   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoka95 View Post
soon tm boys xd
2k20 is soon.. so, yeah..
Old   #27

I see, Ive trained you guys well.
Thanks
1 User
Old   #28

Quote:
I see, Ive trained you guys well.
Thanks Sir
Old   #29

elite*gold: 5
wow amazing ish
Good Luck with your Family and with your Server also!
Old   #30

I'll be using s2 level 110 Hero as a base. The reason is that s1 level 99 is just too limited as to what additional content you can put in and it does need additional content. As it stands, s1 just doesn't have enough to keep players interested in the long term. S3 level 115 Hero III is just a complete mess. There is way too much balancing to consider and the content is all over the place. To truly make the most of it, you could have a full team of dedicated amateur devs and it would still take a year to get close to something worth publishing.

So s2 is the happy medium. With Ronelia and Kallistia, along with some of the underutilised existing dungeons, there is plenty of working space to rework the areas to suit other needs. I may or may not keep the Elemental dungeon, I'm not sure yet (depends on feedback). I'm also not sure whether to cap at 99 without hero skills or 110 with hero skills. Balancing isn't an issue either way, even Heroic Power, due to my reworked stats on gear and socket system. It all depends if those extra 11 levels/skill points and 1 extra skill is worth it. Again, I'll go with player feedback on that one.

Exp will be "medium" but the curve (as in the increase in exp requirement for each level) will be much lower. I want people to be taking part in and enjoying PvP at levels 70-90 because when I was a player, this was the most exciting time to PvP. You were starting to be able to dish out damage and your skill tree was much better filled out. This was when you really had to rely on developing your own skill as opposed to outgearing. This is a problem with "PvP" servers that offer insta-max levels and gear. Players don't go through the learning process that they need to experience with PvP. Also with my balancing, you won't be completely outclassed by someone 10 levels above you so easily.

There will be plenty of additional gear for players to discover, purchase and earn. Some of it has been seen before and some of it has been been mixed and matched into other sets but the important thing is variation, players will have many choices for what to wear at endgame instead of aiming for a single set.

Here are some examples:

Thanks
6 Users