Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rohan
You last visited: Today at 20:34

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Here is why pservers are so popular

Old   #46

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfRohan View Post
Its been months since youve been playing. You still expect destruction to hit hard like that?...
Furthermore, you still dont get why you got banned huh? Not because of reporting the issue but because of HOW you did report it.
I think this is one of the reason we didn't want to join old rohan. I heard it's good and it's already running for almoust 1 year or what? But you make everything personal, you're even joining in the hate between the guilds lol. You're gm and you should stay silent about those stuff, as long as we donate our money and time into a server a gm should just stfu and do his job to make people get fun. After months of swearing IDDQD banned me for 1 week and on the next day I got unbanned, he couldnt afford lose one of the biggest guilds in his server. Actually banning over words is the most stupid **** I've ever heard, we all have the freedom of speech, being a gm gives you no more power than us. You just work for us dont u get that D: ? If you don't there always will be other rohan servers xD

Thanks
2 Users
Old   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoBreakingPoint View Post
SN IS LOVE, SN IS LIFE [email protected]! Anyway I think xor always had 1000-1500 +- online, only the main thai and indo guild had 3xx online daily and 5xx online for tsb/bosses. And there were so many teams wow germans, polish, bulgarians, romanians even americans lmao. I think it was the only server I met a few russians also. DUde I have screenshot somewhere +100 people fighting for crappy silva boss lmao and bergendy coli akhma mangrove... those binds were always full of people fighting D; . Wow and all those indonesian dhans sealing you and trying to get you dcd or bugged into wall .. those are legend Xor rohan was never a 2 side war there always been 6 or 7 guilds into the big fight and bosses and now we are camping our enemy to leave the safe zone(its pretty booring cuz they do it once a week D: ). **** negga you bring back so much memories I still don't get why noone made copy of xor after it got shutdown q_q"
Ikr. The amount of excitement when the hero server was released are high but it does easily taken away the fun and it becomes boring. Lots of server floating around dividing the players make it worst. While back in Xor new characters are exactly a new player not like the server now after getting bored to their main character they will just make another class, different class same player. Xor will always be the server with true players, guild wars and pvp/pk. Although I can accept zRohan until URohan. (What a nice run with SN back then but, still kicking until now)

Old   #48

Quote:
I think this is one of the reason we didn't want to join old rohan. I heard it's good and it's already running for almoust 1 year or what? But you make everything personal, you're even joining in the hate between the guilds lol. You're gm and you should stay silent about those stuff, as long as we donate our money and time into a server a gm should just stfu and do his job to make people get fun. After months of swearing IDDQD banned me for 1 week and on the next day I got unbanned, he couldnt afford lose one of the biggest guilds in his server. Actually banning over words is the most stupid **** I've ever heard, we all have the freedom of speech, being a gm gives you no more power than us. You just work for us dont u get that D: ? If you don't there always will be other rohan servers xD
If players get personal, I get personal. Simple.
Old   #49

elite*gold: 110
That's a horrible attitude to have as a GM, and your not the only one.. A lot of people have that attitude.

As GM, your responsible for the Growth of the server, put your ego aside and do whats right for the server... Banning people because they get personal is a horrible way to run a server.

Real server owners should be kind, polite and courteous to everyone who has interests in their as it means greater population and chance for improvement and growth.

Thanks
1 User
Old   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by peinful View Post
That's a horrible attitude to have as a GM, and your not the only one.. A lot of people have that attitude.

As GM, your responsible for the Growth of the server, put your ego aside and do whats right for the server... Banning people because they get personal is a horrible way to run a server.

Real server owners should be kind, polite and courteous to everyone who has interests in their as it means greater population and chance for improvement and growth.
This is what I meant. He pickt his ego and this is why his server gets 70 daily online last 3 months xD
Thanks
1 User
Old   #51

Server owners are kind and polite as long as you treat them with respect. Disrespect is treated with disrespect.
The GMs job is not to buttlick players. The GMs job neither sololy consists of developing the server but to keep the community and players playing this server polite and friendly. Those who treat the GMs with disrespect are aswell the ones treating the active community playing that server with disrespect. And as such they get banned to keep the existing players experience clean.

As you might see or not see, it has nothing to do with my personal ego. If a player has a bad attitude I simply protect the remaining players from experiencing this hatred. Fact is, that ahorio not only treated us (reqviem was writing in the thread to this time) with disrespect but aswell the whole server. Furthermore, it wasnt a thing sololy happening on the forum but aswell ingame. As such he got banned.

This is nothing special to the rohan scene. Go play any other MMO. If your attitude isnt appropriate, you get banned.
Old   #52

Quote:
Fact is, that ahorio not only treated us (reqviem was writing in the thread to this time) with disrespect but aswell the whole server. Furthermore, it wasnt a thing sololy happening on the forum but aswell ingame. As such he got banned.
Still I don't see the reason for banning him. Berlins wall is down, afro americans won their civil rights its 2016 and everyone have freedom of speech. Noone is blaming you for banning him you can do whatever you want, it's your own server. But this is why your server is dead.
Quote:
This is nothing special to the rohan scene. Go play any other MMO. If your attitude isnt appropriate, you get banned.
No hard feelings, I told you there always will always be other rohan servers
Old   #53

Quote:
Still I don't see the reason for banning him. Berlins wall is down, afro americans won their civil rights its 2016 and everyone have freedom of speech. Noone is blaming you for banning him you can do whatever you want, it's your own server. But this is why your server is dead.
Ive been explaining why he got banned in depth above.

Our server aint dead. Its just not populated but thats how EVERY long running server ends up so infact it really hasnt anything to do with me.
Old   #54

I've been a **** to the GM's on World of Warcraft Private servers... I get jailed for 8 hours for my first offence and suspended for 24 hours for my second offence, suspended for 48 hours for my third offence... I was never banned.

It's pointless to ban players...
And your wrong btw, as GM, its your job to develop, grow and improve the server WITHOUT being offended by anything players have to say..

Simply ignore rude players and deal with the root of the problem, not go all sissy girl mode and QQ the minute someone insults you.

However he decided to report the bug, your immediate response should have been.

I apologize for the fact that a bug was abused, i will do everything in my power to rectify the problem and prevent from happening in the future.. Keep in mind that cursing and disrespecting the Owner, Developer or Game Master will Grant you suspension for 24 hours based on the nature of your offense.
That should be your response to whatever they say.

But no, your respond defensively and ban whoever you want causing guilds / communities and groups to leave...
Thanks
1 User
Old   #55

Quote:

Simply ignore rude players and deal with the root of the problem, not go all sissy girl mode and QQ the minute someone insults you.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Give this guy a medal
Old   #56

Quote:
I've been a **** to the GM's on World of Warcraft Private servers... I get jailed for 8 hours for my first offence and suspended for 24 hours for my second offence, suspended for 48 hours for my third offence... I was never banned.

It's pointless to ban players...
And your wrong btw, as GM, its your job to develop, grow and improve the server WITHOUT being offended by anything players have to say..

However he decided to report the bug, your immediate response should have been.

I apologize for the fact that a bug was abused, i will do everything in my power to rectify the problem and prevent from happening in the future.. Keep in mind that cursing and disrespecting the Owner, Developer or Game Master will Grant you suspension for 24 hours based on the nature of your offense.
That should be your response to whatever they say.

But no, your respond defensively and ban whoever you want causing guilds / communities and groups to leave...
Actually i've been there, it doesn't works. I've been licking player's ***** on BWG as MOD "Death". Every time it ended up someone insulted me cuz he can't achieve something in game, or someone acused me that i help someone else. Well, in the same time i stopped to be kind to people who insult me without a real reason, other stopped to insult me too. As asdfRohan said, being kind to people who are kind to you is the right way, the way u're talking about won't work on R.O.H.A.N scene, cuz 90% of it's community are retarded kids.
Thanks
1 User
Old   #57

I could just log onto my GW2 account, shittalking game and players and I guarentee at some point I'd get banned.

And nope, im right. Seems you havent read carefully. My job is not sololy to develop a the server but aswell to keep the community clean. What you are saying is effectively that all players, even those with the worst attitude, are allowed to play. Thats simply incorrect. Like Ive previously explained in depth, which you have ignored like always, its not about me getting offended but about the community getting offended by that one player.

You are saying that as a community caretaker im not allowed to take care for the community.

/Edit:
And to elaborate on what radekslu said, he's right. Its not just about the GMs to be kind and polite. A big issue in this scene is that there is just to much disrespect not just towards GMs but aswell towards other players. As such, rules are different over here. Maybe if the community would be less toxic, the GMs wouldnt react the way they do. Pein, you as a first grade a-hole, are the perfect example. Maybe if youd be less of an idiot towards me, Id be more friendly aswell. Ever thought about that?

Action and Reaction - Merowinger
Old   #58

If this was about the Flame Diamond issue it was dealt accordingly and fast.
Idk if you guys go into your neighbors house for a party and start insulting him in front of all the guests and don't expect to get kicked out of the house/party. As you said its his server so he deals with the pests accordingly and how he wants. But don't expect to act all holding hands and lovey dovey after being insulted in forums just cause someone popped 11-15 FDs in less than a month. Just the SS was enough to get the guy investigated.
Insulting and acting like a kid wont get us anywhere.
Thanks
1 User
Old   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by radekslu View Post
Actually i've been there, it doesn't works. I've been licking player's asses on BWG as MOD "Death". Every time it ended up someone insulted me cuz he can't achieve something in game, or someone acused me that i help someone else. Well, in the same time i stopped to be kind to people who insult me without a real reason, other stopped to insult me too. As asdfRohan said, being kind to people who are kind to you is the right way, the way u're talking about won't work on R.O.H.A.N scene, cuz 90% of it's community are retarded kids.
And this is why whatever server you or asdf makes fill fail, simply because of Customer service...Keyboard warriors like you guys hold all the power on your server can do what you want... No one wants to join a server and because they got pissed and said some shit, BAN!

Quote:
I could just log onto my GW2 account, shittalking game and players and I guarentee at some point I'd get banned.

And nope, im right. Seems you havent read carefully. My job is not sololy to develop a the server but aswell to keep the community clean. What you are saying is effectively that all players, even those with the worst attitude, are allowed to play. Thats simply incorrect. Like Ive previously explained in depth, which you have ignored like always, its not about me getting offended but about the community getting offended by that one player.

You are saying that as a community caretaker im not allowed to take care for the community.

/Edit:
And to elaborate on what radekslu said, he's right. Its not just about the GMs to be kind and polite. A big issue in this scene is that there is just to much disrespect not just towards GMs but aswell towards other players. As such, rules are different over here. Maybe if the community would be less toxic, the GMs wouldnt react the way they do. Pein, you as a first grade a-hole, are the perfect example. Maybe if youd be less of an idiot towards me, Id be more friendly aswell. Ever thought about that?

Action and Reaction - Merowinger
No you wont, i play Guild Wars 2 and Mods there do not ban anyone unless they're founding abusing or hacking.

If they're insulting a GM, all the GM will do is Laugh and go afk.
I've tried it

Just saying... No one wants a cry baby GM..

Try going afk or ignoring rude people ?
might have more active members
Old   #60

Quote:
And this is why whatever server you or asdf makes fill fail, simply because of Customer service...Keyboard warriors like you guys hold all the power on your server can do what you want... No one wants to join a server and because they got pissed and said some shit, BAN!
By your definition a server with "bad customer support" (such as OldRohan in just your opinion) has to fail or be worse than a server with good customer support.
Funny enough you said Chaos Rohans customer support is great. Yet they have exactly as much players as OldRohan. So it really doesnt matter if you call both servers fail, or "bad ass" (like you did a day ago with OldRohan, now saying its fail again. PMS?), fact is both servers have the same player count. Which leads me to a conclusion.
1. Chaos Rohan has a bad customer support, which prooves you wrong.
2. OldRohan has a good customer support, which prooves you wrong.
3. Good/Bad customer support doesnt make a server fail/awesome, which prooves you wrong.

Quote:
No you wont, i play Guild Wars 2 and Mods there do not ban anyone unless they're founding abusing or hacking.

If they're insulting a GM, all the GM will do is Laugh and go afk.
I've tried it

Just saying... No one wants a cry baby GM..

Try going afk or ignoring rude people ?
might have more active members
As a matter of fact, people get banned in GW2. Even tho it takes a few infractions, you still get banned after a few times. Free accounts more commenly get banned when running an inappropriate attitude for obvious reasons. Its harder with paid accounts.
Reading their forums is a great thing.