Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rohan
You last visited: Today at 11:41

  • Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

 

2008 vs 2014

Reply
 
Old   #1
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 70
Received Thanks: 10
2008 vs 2014

Guys, I`ve seen tutorials for Rohan Local Servers that many used SQL 2008 R2. Would I encounter any problems if I use 2014 Enterprise SQL? Just asking cuz I don`t wanna waste HDD space and time to install 2008 R2 if it will work with 2014.



sariusmt is offline  
Old   #2
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 174
Received Thanks: 30
so am I, dont want to waste my time trying to tell people who are lazy


xpro99 is offline  
Old   #3
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 70
Received Thanks: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpro99 View Post
so am I, dont want to waste my time trying to tell people who are lazy
It`s not about lazyness. I`m just asking people who already compared the both versions of SQL since SQL 2008 R2 conflicts with Win8.1 and won`t work. So the ironie ain`t necessarry here. If you ain`t willing to provide any info regarding the subject I don`t understant why you replay to this thread. Just to show off or be rude to others?
sariusmt is offline  
Old   #4
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 762
Received Thanks: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by sariusmt View Post
It`s not about lazyness. I`m just asking people who already compared the both versions of SQL since SQL 2008 R2 conflicts with Win8.1 and won`t work. So the ironie ain`t necessarry here. If you ain`t willing to provide any info regarding the subject I don`t understant why you replay to this thread. Just to show off or be rude to others?
I think you got the idea wrong cuz i tested SQL 2008 on Win 8.1 and works fine without any problem.If you are not sure what to use 2008 or 2014 both work.


DretoNEX is offline  
Old   #5
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 70
Received Thanks: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DretoNEX View Post
I think you got the idea wrong cuz i tested SQL 2008 on Win 8.1 and works fine without any problem.If you are not sure what to use 2008 or 2014 both work.
Dreto, on my system when I try to install SQL 2008 R2 it crashes, complayning about system compatibility. 2014 tho seems to work fine. That`s why i asked. Thank you. A simple answer like yours would sufice. Would be so hard for him to post a simple yes or no? Just sayin`...
sariusmt is offline  
Old   #6
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 66
Received Thanks: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by sariusmt View Post
Guys, I`ve seen tutorials for Rohan Local Servers that many used SQL 2008 R2. Would I encounter any problems if I use 2014 Enterprise SQL? Just asking cuz I don`t wanna waste HDD space and time to install 2008 R2 if it will work with 2014.
Im using 2008 its sure it will work , i tried 2014 but there was a problem whit different ports so better for you to use 2008 .
SkyZer0 is offline  
Old   #7
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 762
Received Thanks: 355
Default ports can be changed from the options menu
DretoNEX is offline  
Old   #8
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 174
Received Thanks: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by sariusmt View Post
It`s not about lazyness. I`m just asking people who already compared the both versions of SQL since SQL 2008 R2 conflicts with Win8.1 and won`t work. So the ironie ain`t necessarry here. If you ain`t willing to provide any info regarding the subject I don`t understant why you replay to this thread. Just to show off or be rude to others?
never try SQL 2014 but SQL 2012 work fine for me, probably just need to find a suitable arrangement. I mean why dont you just try it please dont be offended, Im just bored with my work
xpro99 is offline  
Old   #9
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 814
Received Thanks: 468
I've seen both MSSQL server 2008 R2 and 2014 as well as Windows Server 2010 R2 and 2012.

If you use Windows Server 2012, I would say MSSQL server 2014 would prolly be better to keep stuff current. For older windows server, either one works fine in my friend's vms. Rohan doesn't seem to have a problem with either.
im batman is offline  
Old   #10
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 70
Received Thanks: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by im batman View Post
I've seen both MSSQL server 2008 R2 and 2014 as well as Windows Server 2010 R2 and 2012.

If you use Windows Server 2012, I would say MSSQL server 2014 would prolly be better to keep stuff current. For older windows server, either one works fine in my friend's vms. Rohan doesn't seem to have a problem with either.
Thank you. I do really appreciate for the reply and the prompt answer.
sariusmt is offline  
Old   #11
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 70
Received Thanks: 10
Ok managed to get up and running SQL. Now I can`t seem to get the Db server to work with SQL. Maybe I`m missing something sincer I`m already trying to make this work for at least a couple of hours and nothing.
This would be the db.log
Quote:
15/04/27 00:35:15> 08001 00000011 [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][Shared Memory]SQL Server does not exist or access denied. DBTask_Unknown(0x00000000) 5
15/04/27 00:35:15> 01000 00000002 [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][Shared Memory]ConnectionOpen (Connect()). DBTask_Unknown(0x00000000) 5
15/04/27 00:35:15> 08001 00000011 [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][Shared Memory]SQL Server does not exist or access denied. DBTask_Unknown(0x00000000) 5
15/04/27 00:35:15> 01000 00000002 [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][Shared Memory]ConnectionOpen (Connect()). DBTask_Unknown(0x00000000) 5
15/04/27 00:35:15> 08001 00000011 [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][Shared Memory]SQL Server does not exist or access denied. DBTask_Unknown(0x00000000) 5
15/04/27 00:35:15> 08001 00000011 [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][Shared Memory]SQL Server does not exist or access denied. DBTask_Unknown(0x00000000) 5
15/04/27 00:35:15> 08001 00000011 [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][Shared Memory]SQL Server does not exist or access denied. DBTask_Unknown(0x00000000) 5
15/04/27 00:35:15> 08001 00000011 [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][Shared Memory]SQL Server does not exist or access denied. DBTask_Unknown(0x00000000) 5
15/04/27 00:35:15> 01000 00000002 [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][Shared Memory]ConnectionOpen (Connect()). DBTask_Unknown(0x00000000) 5
15/04/27 00:35:15> 01000 00000002 [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][Shared Memory]ConnectionOpen (Connect()). DBTask_Unknown(0x00000000) 5
15/04/27 00:35:15> 01000 00000002 [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][Shared Memory]ConnectionOpen (Connect()). DBTask_Unknown(0x00000000) 5
15/04/27 00:35:15> 01000 00000002 [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][Shared Memory]ConnectionOpen (Connect()). DBTask_Unknown(0x00000000) 5
this would be the dbcon from xampp
Quote:
<?php
$serverName = "Sarius-PC" ;
$uid = 'sa' ;
$pwd = 'XXXX' ;

$connectionInfo = array( "UID" => $uid ,
"PWD" => $pwd ,
"Database" => "RohanUser"
);

$oConn = sqlsrv_connect( $serverName, $connectionInfo);
if( $oConn === false ) {
// print_r( sqlsrv_errors(), true);
die (-1000); # Unable to connect to the database
}

?>
and these would be the registry
.
The passwords might not match on this description since I replaced them with XXX for obvious reasons but they are the same on each. Any ideeas what I`m doing wrong?
PS: I would really appreciate for people that aren`t willing to help not to reply to this thread.
sariusmt is offline  
Old   #12
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 46
Received Thanks: 2
why my friends can't play on my server. They got error Http_status_error log in failed. We're using hamachi. :3
khenjikyle is offline  
Old   #13
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 814
Received Thanks: 468
Quote:
Originally Posted by sariusmt View Post
Ok managed to get up and running SQL. Now I can`t seem to get the Db server to work with SQL. Maybe I`m missing something sincer I`m already trying to make this work for at least a couple of hours and nothing.
This would be the db.log

this would be the dbcon from xampp

and these would be the registry
.
The passwords might not match on this description since I replaced them with XXX for obvious reasons but they are the same on each. Any ideeas what I`m doing wrong?
PS: I would really appreciate for people that aren`t willing to help not to reply to this thread.
1. instead of using Sarius-PC, use your server's real IP address instead - not 127.0.0.1.
2. instead of using 127.0.0.1, use your server's real IP address instead.
3. Did you set up the RohanUser.dbo.TServer table entries with your server's real IP address as well - not 127.0.0.1?
4. make sure yor serverlist5.php file is updated with the ip address and port of your rohan server - not 127.0.0.1.
im batman is offline  
Old   #14
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 174
Received Thanks: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by sariusmt View Post
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Geomind\Ga menet\DB]
"ServerClass"="FAIRY.ROHAN_4.DB.ROHAN_4"
"Module"="C:\\RoHan\\RoHan\\Fairy\\DBServer\\DBSer verT.exe"
"LoginDB"="DRIVER={SQL Server};SERVER=Sarius-PC;UID=sa;PWD=***;DATABASE=RohanUser"
"GameDB"="DRIVER={SQL Server};SERVER=Sarius-PC;UID=sa;PWD=***;DATABASE=RohanGame"
"LoginDB"="DRIVER={SQL Server};SERVER=PC-Name\InstanceName;UID=sa;PWD=***;DATABASE=RohanUser"
also for GameDB, LogDB, CodeDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by sariusmt View Post
<?php
$serverName = "Sarius-PC" ;
$uid = 'sa' ;
$pwd = 'XXXX' ;

$connectionInfo = array( "UID" => $uid ,
"PWD" => $pwd ,
"Database" => "RohanUser"
);

$oConn = sqlsrv_connect( $serverName, $connectionInfo);
if( $oConn === false ) {
// print_r( sqlsrv_errors(), true);
die (-1000); # Unable to connect to the database
}

?>
$serverName = "PC-Name\InstanceName" ;
xpro99 is offline  
Old   #15
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 814
Received Thanks: 468
you don't need the instance name if the instance is the default, or only, instance in that pc. just an ip address is fine.

I usually find using the real ip address is much more reliable than the pc name. especially in vms.
"Module"="C:\\RoHan\\RoHan\\Fairy\\DBServer\\D BSer verT.exe"
but that space in DBServerT.exe is a definite problem.


im batman is offline  
Reply



« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Similar Threads
Vulcano2 - Wie in den alten Zeiten.. | Oldschool 2008 | Start: 21.03.2014 STARTEVENT
Vulcano2 - Offizieller Trailer - YouTube Serverstart: 21.03.2014 (Freitag Abends) Download und die Registration ist morgen bereits verfügbar....
396 Replies - Metin2 PServer News



All times are GMT +2. The time now is 11:41.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.

Support | Contact Us | FAQ | Advertising | Privacy Policy
Copyright ©2017 elitepvpers All Rights Reserved.