Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rohan
You last visited: Today at 07:44

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

2008 vs 2014

Old   #31

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by DretoNEX View Post
It all starts with It's for localhost only and then people turn out to see how much money can Rohan Pserver do and it ends up public server then when someone that knows what to do ***** up the server community comes here raging cuz they wasted time on that server.

So like the people that know what to do today search for the first post that was made for the private server tutorial.Then if you cant figure it out i guess your not cut out for it.

Keep in mind that to the most of us it took alot of time for example first time i did my personal server it took me 3 months to figure it out and i was spending like 12h per day looking into files noteing down erros and bugs so that i remember how to fix it.
Well for what it worths, I only make this server for me and my gf cuz we met because of that game. We got enough of YNK ******** things up. And we miss the good old days. So this server will be mostly for me and her. Maybe for a couple of friends but that`s all. In my opinion pservers won`t do much money but again ... Maybe that`s just me. Anyways, believe it or not that`s what this server is intended for. Just having some local fun. Plus, there are people who can make pserver more capable than me. So I see no point to strugle. I`ll try to figure things out one way or another. Thanks

Old   #32

unfortunately, almost all of them has same explanation with you. and guess what? after ppl like dreto and others help them, new 1week/30day server coming up. I think thats the reason why noone want to help anymore. I see ppl ask here and hope they can fix their problem in a day by another ppl who has spent a lot of time to learn how to fix the problem.

sucks, but thats the fact. I've spent like 1month to understand how to editing some files and make them as I want. just for editing, not for fix something.

my suggestion, get server files from use this SQL Server. you want old style? just disable the new content, take a look at the bin files.

Old   #33

Can`t really make you guys believe it`s not for public can`t I? Well like I already said, one way or another I`m pretty sure I`ll make it work. And I will keep my promiss and this server won`t be opened for public. I don`t see the point on keep it public. Most pservers get off in mostly 1 month. I asume that`s cuz it ain`t profitable to keep one online. But anyways, I`m not looking for profit. I just wanna be able to play for fun, being my own Game Master and getting my own stuff ... doing quest and stufff ... Sure there will be some players on my server too ... like my buddies and my gf. But that`s about it. That`s the only PVP I want and need. I would go one with the official one but there are so many things that prevents me from doing that. I won`t paste my frustration with the official rohan here, cuz i believe no one is interested in. If you search some replys you`ll find out what suggestions I made for private servers. That`s how servers should be. But I figure no one will ever make that kind of server. So why not make one for myself and have fun? Don`t really care if you believe me or not. I`m not and indo busking for money with PS. I`m just a player of the old days rohan who feels nostalgic about those days where he used to play with friends. Where they would go rolling over the maps, do quests, grind together. Anyways, I do respect everyone`s decision, willing to help or not. Just saying, I`m not gonna give up trying to make it work, nor will I give you guys the satisfaction to say "we told you that you`re gonna make it public". I consider myself a pretty fair guy. But that`s another matter. My respects and thanks for those who did helped me, and all the best for all, even those who weren`t willing to help. I don`t hold a grudge on anyone. Peace
Thanks
1 User
Old   #34

that isnt just for you, because if they answer the question and share how to fix the problem in the thread so everyone can read it even some kiddo the owner of the 1 week server fyi, they close the server in a week didnt cause they lost the money. as i can see, they get donors that want to help them to make the server more fun but after get the money they just close the server and open the new one with another name.

this makes the community ruined, and hard to find some good private server to get some fun for a player like me.

Old   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpro99 View Post
that isnt just for you, because if they answer the question and share how to fix the problem in the thread so everyone can read it even some kiddo the owner of the 1 week server fyi, they close the server in a week didnt cause they lost the money. as i can see, they get donors that want to help them to make the server more fun but after get the money they just close the server and open the new one with another name.

this makes the community ruined, and hard to find some good private server to get some fun for a player like me.
Can`t argue with that logic m8. I`m pretty sure there are and there will allways be people like them. I`m pretty sure I`m not one of them tho. What you`re saying makes sense. That makes me more determined to make my own local server. I was considering releasing the 99 files for open public but I guess you might be right regarding money hoggers. Thanks for helping me out with that decision also. Can`t argue with you regarding how much money will a private server make. From my point of view, I think it ain`t worth the effort but again, I might be right about it. I just taught they closed the PServers cuz they couldn`t make money from them and they didn`t worth the effort. Tbh I don`t really care if they did money or not. The fact is like you said, 1 month server then gone ruined most of the PS. Anyways, wish you all the best! And thanks again for help