Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rappelz > Rappelz Private Server
You last visited: Today at 03:17

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

[In Memory of] Raskim...

Old   #1

elite*gold: 65
[In Memory of] Raskim...

Hi everyone...

As the title says, I want to write a (even it's just a small one) memory-post about Raskim...
Because just a few people of you knows:
the man you know as "Raskim","Seizure" or "Saltaya",
died a few weeks ago.
I really thought a lot about if it is okay to open such a thread here,
and usually I wouldn't write a thread about a real-dead member,
but I see it as a last honor for his work and as a kind of duty to let him rest in piece even here...
and because I don't see it as a right move to be silent about this case.

Many of you maybe saw him as a badass bastard or as arrogant asshole (this role he was really talented to play here - he loved it to provoke some people to have good rivalities),
but he was a really helpful guy, who always used his time and patience to explain someone anything, if he wanted to...
he even listened to reallife-problems and thought about solutions there.
Yes, he made his jokes with backdoors...but even with those he made some big contributions to this section, and tried to make it still a bit interesting (even for a nearly dead game).
So in the end, I see his disappearance as a big loss for our community...as a developer, and primary as a good friend...

I ask you for not to give me any thanks for this post...
Instead I'd ask you for one minute's silence and to commemorate of him...

Thank you...
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Hallo Allerseits...

Wie der Titel bereits sagt, möchte ich einen (zumindest kleinen) Gedenkpost zu Raskim schreiben...
Nachdem dies nur wenige wissen:
der Mann, den ihr unter dem Namen "Raskim","Seizure" oder "Saltaya" kennt,
ist vor ein paar Wochen verstorben.
Ich habe wirklich lange überlegt ob ich hier einen solchen Post verfassen soll, und in einem Regelfall würde ich davon absehen einen solchen Thread über einen real verstorbenes Mitglied zu machen,
aber ich finde es irgendwo als letzte Ehrung seiner Selbst als DEV und seiner Arbeiten, ihn auch hier nochmals gewissermaßen zu verabschieden...zumal ich es auch nicht als richtig sehe so zu tun als wäre nichts passiert.

Er mag für viele als gemeiner Drecksack oder als überhebliches Arschloch rübergekommen sein (die Rolle hat er auf ePvP wirklich sehr gut gespielt - er hat halt sehr gerne provoziert),
aber er war wirklich eine sehr hilfsbereite Person, die sich auch die Zeit und Geduld genommen hat, jemandem etwas zu erklären, wenn er wollte....oder aber auch für Gespräche über reale Probleme immer offen war.
Auch wenn er sich ab und zu seinen Witz mit Backdoors erlaubt hat, so hat er aber doch trotzdem auch für diese Sektion hier einen großen Beitrag geleistet, und auch stetig mitgewirkt es noch ein wenig interessant zu halten.
Entsprechend sehe ich sein Verschwinden schon als großen Verlust für unseren bereich...sowohl als Entwickler, als auch primär als Freund...

Ich bitte darum mir kein Thanks hierfür zu geben, sondern stattdessen eine Schweigeminute einzulegen und seiner zu gedenken...

Danke euch dafür...

Thanks
2 Users
Old   #2

elite*gold: 30
there is no matter of personality disadvantages when it comes to development.

and no matter how much you did. you did. anything. for anything. for anyone. doesnt matter too.

the fact is: you did.

community was never perfect, and it isn't, but the other side is it's always appreciated. things that are perfect, same as people who are perfect, never could become something to learn and learn something from. as the least of a whole point.

as for learning and creation - we did a lot of, we do a lot of, and we will. and credits for that will always come to anyone who does at least something for such progress.

but nah, even if i personally got some issues with this guy, i will never say he did "at least something", he did a lot more than that.

well, at least i am sure he wanted that for us, no matter how he shown that and how he felt near other devs round here and how they felt near him. he wanted a progress.

all we can do is to appreciate that in action.

R.I.P.

Thanks
1 User
Old   #3

elite*gold: 0
Very sad to read this...

R.I.P
Thanks
1 User
Old   #4

elite*gold: 140
I never talked with him. He was the person you loved and hated at the same time. I think he wanted everybody to try to do something on they own before u came to the forum and the spam "this is not working, please help."I do not know what to say.We will always remember you.

Rest in Peace Raskim.

Thanks
1 User
Old   #5

What can I say about Raskim? Ha...so many things but so many of them are just warm faded memories now. We were never really "friends" and it kinda hurts that now that possibility is lost to time. He was a pain in the ***, for all intents and purposes and I'm sure to some end he enjoyed every bit of it. That was just Raskim.

Could I sit here and reminisce on all the fights we had, all the barbs back and forth. On what started it all? On the fall? On his rise as a developer? On his first release? On his "backdoors" and his trickery? Could I talk about how he released full repacks for the community. Sure I could point out all the highs and lows. All these things year gone now seem suddenly so recent.

I'm glad to say that myself and Raskim had grown the hell up in the last few years (as much as Raskim COULD grow up :P ) and got past our ****. My only regret that it came years to late. So....what can I say about Raskim?

You earned my respect in the end and that's how I choose to remember you. Thanks for the fun, my friend. Hope you're giving someone hell in the next life.......happy trails.
Thanks
1 User
Old   #6

elite*gold: 1
I didn't really know him at all personally and even though he was a bit stubborn at times and had his abrasive moments, I never had anything against the guy and always respected him as a developer.

Even his personal NPC seemed really comical at the time.

Sad news indeed and may he rest in peace.
Thanks
1 User
Old   #7

talented dev, enjoyed his Tiamat server and posts, he was the perfect little devil for this section.

Rest In Peace Raskim!
Thanks
1 User
Old   #8

Dammmnnn that such a sad news. I hope you are fine where you are now.
I also hope it's a choice from you and you was not forced by this ******* disease.

All my love to your family.

We gonna miss you for sure !
Rappelz community will never forget you !

RIP my friend
Thanks
2 Users
Old   #9

**** , well as a member who got the first MAC ban from him, i gotta say it has been rough time to see my 1month work goes, but we had fun tho, so thx Raskim .

idk if this is relevant but here's a video before the server shut down forever

"just to revive the memories , if u see ur name in the credits hit my pm pls :P"
R.I.P

Thanks
1 User
Old   #10

He was a mirrorimage of the pelz community in game:
helpful yet a tendency to be a btard.
Still use some of his stuff - will be strange knowing he is gone.

RIP and all the best to his Family and Friends. Since I think he was not a 70yo dude Parents never should survive their children...
Thanks
1 User
Old   #11

elite*gold: 78
Rest in Peace
Thanks
1 User
Old   #12

Raskim helped me in so much ways ingame and as i was trying to create my own server but also he ruined the most work with backdoor stuff and own created "glitches" but nvm the most way he was helpfull and thats what count

still need to say REST IN PEACE Raskim the little forum devil </3

--->Spoiler

Thanks
1 User
Old   #13

feel so sad for this.. all i can say rest in peace
Thanks
1 User
Old   #14

elite*gold: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anavel View Post
I only know the circumstances and probably the answer on "how", but that's something that does not belong here.
I'm sorry...
Old   #15

elite*gold: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anavel View Post
This does not really belong here. I mean, some people know what exactly happened, and they should keep it for themselves!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LamiaCore View Post
I only know the circumstances and probably the answer on "how", but that's something that does not belong here.
I'm sorry...
You're absolutly right!