Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rappelz > Rappelz Private Server
You last visited: Today at 00:48

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Rappelz Oversized Text?

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Rappelz Oversized Text?

Hey all, I've been recently having a problem with my client, no matter whos client, I'm having issue where it doesn't format correctly to my screen. People are assuming its my graphics card but every other game and thing on my computer works as it should, and ive tried both graphics card in this computer (MoBo Intel Graphics 4000 and GTX 760). I also had this issue on my little surface pro just to be sure that it wasn't my computer that was the issue. I'm starting to come to the conclusion that it might be due to windows 10 because both of these computers have that and it seems to be the only thing similar between them. Do you guys have any idea what could be my issue, I would really appreciate the input!

Old   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by xaamar View Post
Hey all, I've been recently having a problem with my client, no matter whos client, I'm having issue where it doesn't format correctly to my screen. People are assuming its my graphics card but every other game and thing on my computer works as it should, and ive tried both graphics card in this computer (MoBo Intel Graphics 4000 and GTX 760). I also had this issue on my little surface pro just to be sure that it wasn't my computer that was the issue. I'm starting to come to the conclusion that it might be due to windows 10 because both of these computers have that and it seems to be the only thing similar between them. Do you guys have any idea what could be my issue, I would really appreciate the input!

I don't sure, but try to do this:
set scale to 100%, may be its help you

Old   #3

I appreciate the help but unfortunately that didn't do anything for me either.. Does anyone else here play Rappelz on Windows 10?
Old   #4

elite*gold: 1
Yep I play rappelz on windows 10 both official and my own server running on windows 10.

I also know tons of players playing official using windows 10 as a lot of players upgraded with the free upgrade.

Unfortunately I can't see your picture at work. It is blocked.

Old   #5

would you mind taking a look when you get home, its beyond irritating to be able to play the game but can barely talk
Old   #6

Are you sure you have the right sframe in the client?
Old   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by thndr View Post
Are you sure you have the right sframe in the client?
I'm using the Sframe provided with the client. Do you have one to recommend? I have also noticed that when I launch the game, Sframe starts up very small (meaning not the general big rectangle box, id say maybe 1/8 of the size, give or take) and that seems to be affecting it, but I can't figure out why. Ive tried compatibility troubleshoot via Windows and it worked the first time but won't continue to work after logging out of the Game. If I was to re-extract the client again, it would do the same thing. Work and then continue not to. It's so frustrating
Old   #8

If you are running 9.1, sorry I can not tell from the screens, you could try my client...it matches up pretty well with the server file release...

Old   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by thndr View Post
If you are running 9.1, sorry I can not tell from the screens, you could try my client...it matches up pretty well with the server file release...

Ill give it a whirl but I've tried multiple clients, idk what would differ yours from everybody else but I cant complain right now. Ill keep you updated !
Old   #10

Mine is without customization.

It is retails when the server files were taken so it is about the best match you can get without work on the rdbs
Old   #11

Alright, well I tried your client and it didn't work. So I decided to reset my computer as a whole thinking that there could be some type of underlying issue. When I re-downloaded a client and launched the game, it worked superbly. As soon as I went into in-game settings to get out of window mode, the problems began all over again. While I was in-game the text was still fine, but as soon as I exited and re-launched the game, the Sframe started up small again, and the ginormous text came back. I'm at a lost.

Side note. I am using a 4k T.V, and yes my graphics card does support 4k resolution. It works fine the first time around but doesn't anytime after that so I just made an assumption that the Resolution wasn't an issue because it obviously does render correctly, just not after adjusting settings in the game and won't fix itself after going back to whatever setting were recommended at the time.
Old   #12

elite*gold: 65
hm, have you tried to use the rappelz_v1.opt instead of changing things ingame?
You could -for example- use the following settings instead of yours in your opt-file:
Code:
GRAPHIC_RESOLUTION_WIDTH=1920
GRAPHIC_RESOLUTION_HEIGHT=1080
GRAPHIC_REFRESHRATE=1
GRAPHIC_WINMODE=1
Old   #13

I have tried that before, yes. Did not seem to resolve my issue. I haven't attempted windows mode through that. I'll do when I get home
Old   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by LamiaCore View Post
hm, have you tried to use the rappelz_v1.opt instead of changing things ingame?
You could -for example- use the following settings instead of yours in your opt-file:
Code:
GRAPHIC_RESOLUTION_WIDTH=1920
GRAPHIC_RESOLUTION_HEIGHT=1080
GRAPHIC_REFRESHRATE=1
GRAPHIC_WINMODE=1

Once again, no luck :[. Sframe started up irregularly small and the text in-game is still massive.

Any other ideas?

I also noticed that if I keep the settings as they are when I download the client, it works just fine, but I cant see everything on the screen (the bottom skill bar is chopped off) but as soon as I change any single setting, no matter how, it no longer works appropriately by giving me that large text, and if in windowed mode, the window is a fraction of the size it should be.
Old   #15

Can you help us help you?

What resolution are you trying to set the game at?

Just because your computer and your graphic card supports 4K it does not mean Rappelz the game supports it as well.

Rappelz will not support resolutions smaller than 1024 x 768 which rules out small 720 options, there may also be large resolutions it will not support.