Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rappelz > Rappelz Private Server
You last visited: Today at 22:32

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

[Help Thread] Please post your questions here.

Old   #5446

elite*gold: 0
I'm using the server files provided from the how to in the forums for 9.1. Revolution team. Should I back up to the how to for 8.1 or are there other files available?

Old   #5447

elite*gold: 1
Never mind I just read that you are getting missing DLL file error on server launch not when you launch the client.

That Arabic launcher and client issue is more related to when you launch a client.

Seems like it could be more related to Windows support programs like C++ or something else that is not up to date on your Windows 10 installation.

You should see which DLL files it is complaining about and then look up what they are related to on Google.

Old   #5448

Ok so that is fixed by placing that missing DLL I needed into the Auth_BIn folder with the launcher and it launched all good. When I try and launch the CapainHerlockServer.exe i get this error

Rappelz Server
Network initialize... ok
IOCP initialie... ok
Starting IOCP thread pool... ok
LUA initialize... ok
Launching ARCADIA... ok
DB COM ERROR(Thread:0, HRESULT:80040E4D, GUID:0C733A8B-2A1C-11CE-ADE5-00AA004477) : GameDBManager(GameDBManager::iniDBConnection()) : Invalid authorization specification
ERROR: GAME DB INIT ERROR : Invalid authorization specification
Loading max Item index... cannot connect log server: ip: 127.0.0.1 , port:4516

Any ideas? I'm assuming i have missed something somewhere as far as passwords exc. But i am not sure what exactly.
Old   #5449

Check your gameserver.opt file your users and passwords have not been set up correctly.

Don't forget to use the compressor and compress your .opt into an .eop file after editing.

Old   #5450

Quote:
Originally Posted by thndr View Post
Check your gameserver.opt file your users and passwords have not been set up correctly.

Don't forget to use the compressor and compress your .opt into an .eop file after editing.
Ok so that def did the trick for that. But now my it is saying

Network initialize... ok
IOCP initialize... ok
Starting IOCP thread pool... ok
LUA initialize... ok
Launching ARCADIA... ok
Loading max Item index...

just stays there? Any idea?
Thanks for the previous help btw.
Old   #5451

Check if you are getting an Arcadia.dmp file in the game bin folder.

If you are check and make sure the database name in the SQL management matches the name you put in the .opt file both should be Arcadia
Old   #5452

Quote:
Originally Posted by thndr View Post
Check if you are getting an Arcadia.dmp file in the game bin folder.

If you are check and make sure the database name in the SQL management matches the name you put in the .opt file both should be Arcadia
S:app.name:Private Server
T:auth.server_idx:1
S:auth.server_name:MyVeryOwn91Server
S:db.c.server:127.0.0.1
S:db.c.name:Arcadia
S:db.c.account:sa
S:db.c._password:4556000003000a158b52aa8e743e8a888 888888888888d03290988
S:db.user.server:127.0.0.1
S:db.user.name:telecaster
S:db.user.account:sa
S:db.user._password:4556000003000a158b52aa8e743e8a 888888888888888d03290988
N:io.port:15574

this is how it is in my gameserver.opt and it is the same on SQL database. the t in telecaster is even lower case on both as Arcadia caps A in both.

And yes I am getting a arcadia dump file evertime I try to load the server as well
Old   #5453

Your database contains a corrupt entry which leads to the gameserver crashing. Fix your databases or use an alternative one to see if that truly was the issue.

EDIT 1: I remember struggling with that aswell. For me, it turned out to be a mismatch with dbo.ItemResource <-> dbo.Item relation. I remember I manually added items to the database after which that issue stood up.
Old   #5454

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leqendary View Post
Your database contains a corrupt entry which leads to the gameserver crashing. Fix your databases or use an alternative one to see if that truly was the issue.

EDIT 1: I remember struggling with that aswell. For me, it turned out to be a mismatch with dbo.ItemResource <-> dbo.Item relation. I remember I manually added items to the database after which that issue stood up.
So are you saying that I have bad database files or that I somewhere down the line messed something up with them?
If I had bad ones how could I fix it or do you know another location that I could get some that are know to work. I used the Revolution-Team files after tracking them down through the How To for 9.1.
Thanks in advanced.

Also if your wondering why my passwords are all the same is because I'm doing this for private play for now and working my way up in baby steps. The goal for me now is to actually get into the game and test everything. So far I can log in and get to the server screen and that is where it is blank on the list due to the server not fully loading properly.
Old   #5455

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlesr1986 View Post
So are you saying that I have bad database files or that I somewhere down the line messed something up with them?
The second one. In my experience I've had that error when the GS reaches an item in the database that is either corrupt, broken or carries invalid values. How about just getting a brand new Arcadia and Telecaster database and trying again?
Old   #5456

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leqendary View Post
The second one. In my experience I've had that error when the GS reaches an item in the database that is either corrupt, broken or carries invalid values. How about just getting a brand new Arcadia and Telecaster database and trying again?
Gave it a try along with a few other things. I'm going to try the sticky setup guide with 8.1 files see what happens if it fails I'm done. Thanks for the help.
Old   #5457

Hey,

Another question from me. I actually managed to get ahold of alot of things right now, i am familiar with the item database and way more stuff. I just want to know this:
- Is there a way to change the unique, rare and basic pets like they are in 9.2? (those values: RF 5 attk, 2x unity, soul blessing+150etc) must be changed in the database. I just scanned the skill table, but its hard to actually get information from it if i am not familiar with it.

A second question is to know if there is a way to actually edit the char in a way that he achieved master class. Thanks!
Old   #5458

I dont work with making hybrids too much myself but I can give you a little nudge in the right direction.

If you want to start building a hybrid 9.1 to 9.2 hybrid then you need to start by dumping a 9.2 client.

Then get an RDB reader / writer and start looking at the 9.2 RDBs that you dump from the client and compare them to the data in 9.l. That will give you an idea of where changes have been made to affect things like you are looking for. New 9.2 pet skill tables and where they have been edited.

If you can get the data from the 9.2 RDBs into the 9.1 database tables and then hash them for the client, providing all of the data is compatible with the sframe then you will have some 9.2 content.
Old   #5459

Running!. So I got it up and running and logged in. For those who end up with similar issues. What I did during the How to Guide for 9.1 was skip the security steps three and four. I used the original Gameserver.opt and filled it in as needed and I will eventually go back to the security steps if I decide to open it up other than for just me after I test everything. Thanks to those who tipped me along the way I'm sure as I move through things ill ask for more help.
Thanks
1 User
Old   #5460

Add skills through items

Is it possible to add a skill to a pet and set it to a certain level using an item?

Something along the lines of: (get creature handle - add skill - set skill level - use-up item).
Not entirely sure if that is right at all, just a concept for now. Would appreciate any pointers in the right direction.

Also, a few pages back I asked about Job Depth 3 issue, would also like to know if that is an easy fix and I am overlooking or if it requires a few more steps.

Tags
7.4, client, rappelz