Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > News & More > Gaming News > Gaming News - EN
You last visited: Today at 08:07

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

EA: Server offline due to DDoS attacks

Discussion on EA: Server offline due to DDoS attacks within the Gaming News - EN forum part of the Gaming News category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 56
Received Thanks: 2,733
EA: Server offline due to DDoS attacks

Microsoft and Sony have been struggling with massive server failures for days, their online networks PlayStation Network and Xbox Live have suffered from DDoS attacks. Now Electronic Arts' servers are also affected. Many players were and are still annoyed, especially because of the fact that it's holiday time. The opportunity opens up to test a new console or game extensively during this time.
The situation seems to have calmed down because PlayStation Network and Xbox Live are, according to their status pages, online again.

Electronic Arts has also suffered from massive problems since Thursday. According to user statements, Battlefield, Fifa and Madden are affected, including game developer Bungie's Destiny. Because many players weren't able to see Xur, an NPC, the developer extends its weekend event and thus the length of Xur's presence. If any further inconvenience occur, Bungie will extend the event again.
Battlefield 4 players are also able to look forward to an event extension. The Community Manager of Battlefield, Dan Mitre, announced via Twitter that a double XP event will take place beyond January 1st. However, it's currently unknown when exactly it will end.

Do you think that Lizard Squad is responsible for the problems at Electronic Arts as well? And have you witnessed yourselves the server failures? Share your opinion with us!

Thanks
3 Users
Old 12/28/2014, 21:10   #2

elite*gold: 28
Received Thanks: 2,649
Lizard squad and others who were attacking said they stopped after a deal with Kim DotCom, so who's actually attacking now o.O
Old 12/29/2014, 01:36   #3

elite*gold: 40
When will it be online again?
Old 12/29/2014, 11:11   #4

elite*gold: 56
Received Thanks: 2,733
Quote:
Originally Posted by xExorcist View Post
Lizard squad and others who were attacking said they stopped after a deal with Kim DotCom, so who's actually attacking now o.O
They've obviously lied.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joakim19999 View Post
When will it be online again?
If my memory serves me right, EA's servers ought to be online again, but I'm not completely sure of it .
Old 12/29/2014, 15:21   #5

elite*gold: 834
lizardsquad didnt do anything... its just a nolifer on twitter who is saying he did it lol

the servers r simply overloaded and most of the ppl at sony took a break during christmas... so it took them a few days to fix the stuff
Old 12/31/2014, 00:26   #6

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaboer View Post
lizardsquad didnt do anything... its just a nolifer on twitter who is saying he did it lol

the servers r simply overloaded and most of the ppl at sony took a break during christmas... so it took them a few days to fix the stuff
nah, consecutively going offline repeatedly - I don't think Xbl and Psn can simultaneously overload and go offline. Lizard Squad was DDoSing both of them, as well as many other companies at their choosing. They've hit World of Warcraft, LoL, Destiny servers, AW servers, EA servers. I would side with you but they openly admit they are about to do it right before it happens.

But on the bright side (for console users), Lizard Squad is targeting Tor nodes now. So Xbox and PS users won't have to suffer as often.
Old 12/31/2014, 16:17   #7

elite*gold: 28
Received Thanks: 2,649
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asphy×ia View Post
nah, consecutively going offline repeatedly - I don't think Xbl and Psn can simultaneously overload and go offline. Lizard Squad was DDoSing both of them, as well as many other companies at their choosing. They've hit World of Warcraft, LoL, Destiny servers, AW servers, EA servers. I would side with you but they openly admit they are about to do it right before it happens.

But on the bright side (for console users), Lizard Squad is targeting Tor nodes now. So Xbox and PS users won't have to suffer as often.
exactly
Old 01/15/2015, 06:12   #8

elite*gold: 500
Are they doing it to steal info or just keep them offline?
Old 01/15/2015, 13:46   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurf_master View Post
Are they doing it to steal info or just keep them offline?
Probably just to leave the servers offline, every second Sony can't give access to they pay users they have to pay millions, those hacking crew just point on let those groups like sony fail
Old 01/22/2015, 18:58   #10

Attention !!

free ultimate team coins available !!

Old 01/22/2015, 22:06   #11

elite*gold: 43
Why Ea Why? :C
Old 01/26/2015, 08:25   #12

Bolt visited FIFA

The sprinter Usain Bolt, brash the world's fastest man, was accustomed by the Admiral of the All-embracing Alliance of Football Affiliation (FIFA) Sepp Blatter in Switzerland facilities, and access the Apple Cup Brazil 2014.As a football fan, Bolt visited FIFA .

Blatter accustomed the abecedarian apple almanac holder in the sprints of 100 and 200 meters, who has bidding his admiration to accompany football afterwards his retirement from athletics.The Bolt sports official gave an official FIFA shirt with the amount nine, and connected an allurement to biking to Brazil to adore the Apple Cup in 2014.
Old 02/27/2015, 16:29   #13

I guess the attacks seems to be going
Old 03/02/2015, 01:07   #14

Idk what they want from em
Old 03/09/2015, 16:59   #15

sucks to hear they can still get ddosed..

Tags
bf, destiny, ea, fifa, madden