Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Eudemons Online > EO PServer Hosting
You last visited: Today at 22:45

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

[Help] i want anything protect my server from DDos attack and any attacks

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[Help] i want anything protect my server from DDos attack and any attacks

please help me to get any program protect my server from ddos attack and any attacks to creat 1 of the best server could anyone help me?

Old   #2

best way is to ensure your firewall is working properly and have a network monitoring software or some kind installed so you can see the actualy attack and on what port etc.

Thanks
1 User
Old   #3

Sorry sweet candy, but your far off. There is no actual way of preventing a DDOS. Trust me I've tried. The only reliable way of doing so are mitigation services.
Old   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxFearReaperXx View Post
Sorry sweet candy
No need. I didn't ask how to stop it. I have pretty secure server.

Old   #5

@ Sweet
Same here. I've had my issues in the past and I don't even allow them to get that far with DDOS. I don't play childish games. Bot Net em right back. I bet my resources beat them :P
Old   #6

elite*gold: 540
and to offload packets to a redirect loop or back to the source

google is your friend try it sometime
Old   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by idlemonkey View Post
and to offload packets to a redirect loop or back to the source

google is your friend try it sometime
Hey idol, as most of use face, what about network level protection? Not Software but at protection where it actually counts? No uhmm ok lol didn't think so..
Old   #8

elite*gold: 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxFearReaperXx View Post
Hey idol, as most of use face, what about network level protection? Not Software but at protection where it actually counts? No uhmm ok lol didn't think so..
all hardware runs on some software lol if you look these are solutions not for inside your server but to protect it from the outside .... am not talking about a software firewall inside windows .. you cant offload something that has already reached its destination lol.... you are right a hardware solution is the way to go but these "are" hardware solutions ..... if you put them in separate hardware
actually the honeypot itself needs to be completely seperate from your server to be able to work correctly.... installing or converting a honeypot on ur gameserver would just make it more vulnerable lol
any firewall you install "in" windows will always have windows limitations is best to use an external source
but firewall by itself will not protect you from a ddos attack just dropping or refusing the packets they are still connecting ... if you give them somehwere to go (maybe back where they came from?) they just pass through affecting the connection less
idealy would be good to add your windows installation inside a linux shell so you can use iptables instead of windows firewall as the software firewall for the system

if you created a dns server you could also filter your connections at the dns level as well as serve applications to your internal network

if you really wanted to you could also add a reverse proxy system to your firewall with an ip from another network to mask your actual ip and allow for better filtering
Thanks
2 Users
Old   #9

reverse proxy look good . and and and hhaa
Old   #10

Hate to open an old topic, but when someone else searches for any help this may help them. I always use pfSense. Running any game server behind a router the ISP gives you without a hardware firewall (seperate box not game server) in between is a nightmare. Is it hard, in some cases yes. Do you need to learn something? Yes.

You must have or have someone that has networking knowledge beyond how to connect a home network. They have to have HANDS ON access to the server, and is extremely trustworthy. These are all things you prob will not find in someone offering to help you.

Always use an old machine that you can load a Free Linux Based firewall like pfSense on and then learn how a firewall works.

I cannot stress enough the importance of Security.
Old   #11

your best bet is to have a small security team to watch the vpn, an sql.

best of luck hope its not my source lol im making 1690 AND it have necro's