Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 22:53

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Diablo III - Error 82 - Fix

Closed Thread

Old   #451

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by necr0potenc3 View Post
Hi BlehMe,

All solutions are easily detectable, as I explained to yehohaw before. All Warden needs to do is compare the language being used by the client against the language sent in the locale information.
You're wrong.
Warden runs on your machine. The person is using an English client. It thinks it's authenticating as enUS/enGB and sends the login packet to that effect. After it's completely out of its control, that packet gets modified to say the client is actually using a different locale. Warden just can't detect a solution that alters the network traffic after it leaves the machine; from its point of view everything went as expected.

The only way they can effectively fix this if they really want to is to not negotiate the locale in plaintext.

Old   #452

Quote:
Originally Posted by clav View Post
You're wrong.
Warden runs on your machine. The person is using an English client. It thinks it's authenticating as enUS/enGB and sends the login packet to that effect. After it's completely out of its control, that packet gets modified to say the client is actually using a different locale. Warden just can't detect a solution that alters the network traffic after it leaves the machine; from its point of view everything went as expected.

The only way they can effectively fix this if they really want to is to not negotiate the locale in plaintext.
Clav,

No, I'm not wrong. None of these methods are undetectable and I'll explain why.

Warden is a platform for remote code execution, which Blizzard nicely calls of "modules", because they are a bit afraid of saying "Hey, we run any code we want in your machine!".

To put it in simple words, these "modules" are nothing but "scripts" (they are in fact code, or rather, CPU instructions in form of shellcode) which tell Warden what to do and then sends a reply to Blizzard with the results, usually hashes.

From this, I hope you understand Warden depends both on client and server iteraction.

Now, picture the following scenario:

1) You are playing your Diablo 3 in English and your client sent a "ruRU" locale to the server. After say, 15 minutes of play-time, Warden comes into play:

2) Warden (in your client) receives a request for the hash of some locale dependent MPQ, remember you are playing an English version, so it sends the hash ABC of the enUS file.

3) Blizzard receives the hash and it compares it to a table that associates MPQ file hashes and locales. It detects you are, in fact, using a enUS locale, however, your client sent a ruRU locale.

4) Hack is detected.

Got it?

Thanks
1 User
Old   #453

Quote:
Originally Posted by necr0potenc3 View Post
Clav,

No, I'm not wrong. None of these methods are undetectable and I'll explain why.

Warden is a platform for remote code execution, which Blizzard nicely calls of "modules", because they are a bit afraid of saying "Hey, we run any code we want in your machine!".

To put it in simple words, these "modules" are nothing but "scripts" (they are in fact code, or rather, CPU instructions in form of shellcode) which tell Warden what to do and then sends a reply to Blizzard with the results, usually hashes.

From this, I hope you understand Warden depends both on client and server iteraction.

Now, picture the following scenario:

1) You are playing your Diablo 3 in English and your client sent a "ruRU" locale to the server. After say, 15 minutes of play-time, Warden comes into play:

2) Warden (in your client) receives a request for the hash of some locale dependent MPQ, remember you are playing an English version, so it sends the hash ABC of the enUS file.

3) Blizzard receives the hash and it compares it to a table that associates MPQ file hashes and locales. It detects you are, in fact, using a enUS locale, however, your client sent a ruRU locale.

4) Hack is detected.

Got it?
Alright, that would work, but comparing the file hashes is just a different scenario altogether. What I said is still valid. The client never claimed to be using the right locale at all, it just doesn't come into play. You are using the English language pack, so you sent enUS to the server. It just so happens that someone along the way, an evil hacker, maybe, altered the payload to say "ptBR", which matches the language Blizzard says you're worthy to use.

I'm not sure Blizzard can legally ban people using Warden if the packet modification is happening wholly outside of the realm of influence of their software. This could be happening on your ISP's router, for instance.
Old   #454

Quote:
Originally Posted by clav View Post
I'm not sure Blizzard can legally ban people using Warden if the packet modification is happening wholly outside of the realm of influence of their software. This could be happening on your ISP's router, for instance.
you have a friendly ISP

Old   #455

now i am in an infinite loop. when try to connect it says " there is a new patch bla bla..."
then it goes back to the launcher and launcher says "game is up to date" i think they fixed this bug. i hope there will be some solutions.
Old   #456

So the question is still here unanswered : how do you defeat warden ?
The "modules" you're talking about are the warmods ? Can they be edited to our convenience in some way ?
I was wondering if those warmods updates are included in the public patches or if they were silent... ? Warden wasn't active since patch 1.0.2 after all.

EDIT : Interesting topic about this if anyone care :
Old   #457

Quote:
Originally Posted by macner View Post
now i am in an infinite loop. when try to connect it says " there is a new patch bla bla..."
then it goes back to the launcher and launcher says "game is up to date" i think they fixed this bug. i hope there will be some solutions.
Can anyone confirm this?
Old   #458

It's done: Language fix - VM(Routing) solution (Error 81-84)
Thanks
4 Users
Old   #459

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlehMe View Post
Will give it a try as soon as I get home!

Have you checked it with 1.0.3 already?
Old   #460

Quote:
Originally Posted by Degendoth View Post
Have you checked it with 1.0.3 already?
Yus, all solutions are still working.
Thanks
2 Users
Old   #461

Quote:
This happened when you patched your dll...

The only thing to do : ReInstall the game like this (it will take few minutes )

- Backup the patched dll
- Check your diablo folder and backup D3_Data (folder with *.mpq)
- Backup this folder

Uninstall game / install it again
When download started, stop launcher, and copy the backup

It could advertise you "winBase.mpq" is actually used. So do not copy this file then launch the game.

Launcher download winBase. Then, it would take only few minutes.

Replace the dll

Enjoy

EDIT : if you don't apply the update and you used patch :

Replace patched file by the origin
Do the update
close launcher
Replace origin by patched

It should work (worked fine for me)
Old   #462

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luc1an0 View Post
This happened when you patched your dll...

The only thing to do : ReInstall the game like this (it will take few minutes )

- Backup the patched dll
- Check your diablo folder and backup D3_Data (folder with *.mpq)
- Backup this folder

Uninstall game / install it again
When download started, stop launcher, and copy the backup

It could advertise you "winBase.mpq" is actually used. So do not copy this file then launch the game.

Launcher download winBase. Then, it would take only few minutes.

Replace the dll

Enjoy

EDIT : if you don't apply the update and you used patch :

Replace patched file by the origin
Do the update
close launcher
Replace origin by patched

It should work (worked fine for me)
Thanks for response. I have been starting to try your suggestion before i saw my account settings. It was ASIA selected at Region... Everything is fine now with EUR it is working properly.
Old   #463

Quote:
Thanks for response. I have been starting to try your suggestion before i saw my account settings. It was ASIA selected at Region... Everything is fine now with EUR it is working properly.
If you play with modified game files, keep in mind to check update everytime before play.

This helps because you know if your b.net.dll didn't change during the update : Fix should work again.

This evening I will try VM solution, but i'm not sure i keep it. I have a 120 GB SSD, so it will be very hard to find enough storage ...
Old   #464

elite*gold: 90
enough storage for 280MB (140MB VirtualBox + 140MB VM)???
Old   #465

Works perfectly.

Closed Thread