Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Programming
You last visited: Today at 17:41

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Anti-botting for co?

Discussion on Anti-botting for co? within the CO2 Programming forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Anti-botting for co?

Is there any method to stop using bots on my co server?( aim,auto ..etc..)

Old 08/03/2011, 14:53   #2

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,346
I assume you mean your private server. Yes, there are a number of ways to protect your server from hacks but they all require various levels of programming knowledge to make work.

-Change encryption Key: Everyone does this but still worth doing. Edit the conquer.exe encryption key to something different (you can just use notepad or w/e you like)
-Change the way the server handles hacks: Check for suspicious behavior and dc or report them to a gm
-Change the client spell encryption: Use a client hook to redirect the spell encryption method to one of your own. This requires a decent level of coding knowledge but will require serious work for hackers to get past
-Lock up the client from attacks: there's various ways people go about this. I know ppl on 4b were keeping the client from being hooked into (or it would close) and I think also were making it harder to pull the encryption key from it. These are all decent (fairly basic) methods of securing your server.

Alternatively you could try to replace the ENTIRE game cryptography using your own (again, hook in and replace the encrypt/decrypt methods) but this is generally... difficult to perfect.

Old 08/03/2011, 15:23   #3

elite*gold: 28
as pro4never said, but a correction at using notepad, no your cant. you need to use ollydbg or a hex edit. I tryed it with notepad once and me and Nullable eventually figured out you cannot do it.

Another method, Add packet hashes to end of packets using hooks, And actually changing the encryption is incredibly easy, Don't want to give it away but be creative... invent a "silent-proxy" and then bind it to conquer so nothing can go... wait.. i'm saying too much. heh. No questions asked.

With a "silent-proxy" it'll be ALL the protection you need. It can change encryptions, send antibot packets thru the Conquer->servers socket connection just like it came from the client itself(which it kinda does) it's rather simple, You can do everything pro4never said with C#!.

heh.
Old 08/03/2011, 18:50   #4

elite*gold: 0
A good method I once saw used (and was a ***** to find) was a deliberate encryption/decrpytion error. The error was triggered by some obscure check such as ((Timer%321)^Timer)%123==55 which caused the current packet to send 1 byte too many (extra 0 after the seal). The edited client knew about it and was able to compensate but it screwed up any form of proxy bot.
Thanks
2 Users

« Pixel Aimbot Using C# | Mobs Spawn Range! »