Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > News & More > Gaming News > Gaming News - EN
You last visited: Today at 11:13

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Sony: Valve and SteamOS are potential Competitors

Discussion on Sony: Valve and SteamOS are potential Competitors within the Gaming News - EN forum part of the Gaming News category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 1
Received Thanks: 5,352
Sony: Valve and SteamOS are potential Competitors

The games and entertainment market is not only one lucrative, but also a pretty competitive business. That's why big companies are trying to keep their position and not to get caught off-guard. Sony has now announced, that they will keep track of coming SteamOS and Valve by every means as well.

Fergal Gara - Chief of PlayStation UK - stated following during an interview with Eurogamer: "In this market you've always got to expect some broadside disruptive technologies to come along, and it seems like a potentially good example of that. I haven't had a chance to study it in much detail. [...] We have to keep an eye on Valve and many other competitors."

Sony is familiar with the tough market and competition in this branch, which will help them to keep their sovereignty for the time being. Nevertheless, the online distribution platform Steam is going to be the main competitor against PlayStation's network.

What do you think about this?

Attached Thumbnails
Sony: Valve and SteamOS are potential Competitors-image.php.jpg  
Old 10/05/2013, 02:40   #2

elite*gold: 0
I'm all for SteamOS.I love the sales they offer.It should create a standard platform for new games.I cant wait.

thanks for the story
Old 10/06/2013, 23:33   #3

elite*gold: 0
Steam is always the best. Valve op

Tags
sony, steamos, valve

Similar Threads Similar Threads
Valve: SteamOS announced
11/09/2013 - Gaming News - EN - 5 Replies
As part of the three new announcements, Valve starts with revelation of ideas for a so called SteamOS. It is about a costless operating system, which has been designed especially for the living room and its TV. During the expansion of the living room, a separate system seemed inevitably so that a software, based on Linux, has been created, which is optimised for the use of wide displays in connection with games. http://i.epvpimg.com/Ane1e.png On the official announcement website, the...
Sony: Valve und SteamOS sind potenzielle Konkurrenten
10/12/2013 - Gaming News - DE - 15 Replies
Der Spiele- und Entertainmentmarkt ist zwar eine lukrative, aber auch sehr konkurrenzreiche Branche. Demnach wollen die großen Mitstreiter keinesfalls von einem "Newcomer" überrumpelt und aus dem Geschäft gedrängt werden. Aus exakt diesem Grund gibt Sony nun bekannt, dass man das kommende SteamOS von Valve keineswegs aus den Augen lassen wird. http://i.epvpimg.com/9IWLb.png Fergal Gara, Chef von Playstation UK, meint im Interview mit Eurogamer: "In diesem Geschäft muss man immer mit neuen...
Valve: SteamOS angekündigt
10/09/2013 - Gaming News - DE - 50 Replies
Im Zuge der drei neuen Ankündigungen beginnt Valve mit der Veröffentlichung der Ideen zu dem so genannten SteamOS. Dabei soll es sich um ein kostenloses Betriebssystem handeln, welches speziell für das Wohnzimmer und die darin befindlichen Fernseher entworfen wurde. Während der Wohnzimmer-Expandierung schien ein eigenes System unumgänglich und somit wurde eine Software auf Linux-Basis erstellt, die für den Einsatz großer Bildschirme in Verbindung mit Spielen optimiert ist. ...
Effect Under Competitors
12/13/2011 - CO2 Private Server - 4 Replies
well i'd like to know if the effect under competitors in Arena is Flag or just String effect and if its String effect could any1 tell me its name ?
will achieve a higher success than competitors
08/16/2010 - General Gaming Discussion - 0 Replies
Let me tell you a story, the two "peer\bandit, no two people injured. the first robber took a person's wallet and all cash, a total of 85 U.S. dollars. The second robber has a different approach, he took another man's wallet and cash 70 dollars , together with his watch and the Princeton University class ring, these two things is not expensive, not worth any money to sell on the street. In general, the story would stop here. However, two days , the second man was robbed out of an apartment in...