Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Zero
You last visited: Today at 13:55

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[GUIDE] setting level rates(by request)

Discussion on [GUIDE] setting level rates(by request) within the Zero forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 540
[GUIDE] setting level rates(by request)

okay this is much faster to do if you export your data and edit it with your prefered editor but to edit the rates at which each person levels all you need to is change the value in cq_userlev to whatever you want as you can see the ydouble per level in this example you may not want them all to be that way as it may cause leveling issues at the higher levels

Uploaded with
anyways always backup your data first just in case so you can try again later
if it doesnt work
Old 02/24/2012, 10:13   #2

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by idlemonkey View Post
okay this is much faster to do if you export your data and edit it with your prefered editor but to edit the rates at which each person levels all you need to is change the value in cq_userlev to whatever you want as you can see the ydouble per level in this example you may not want them all to be that way as it may cause leveling issues at the higher levels

Uploaded with
anyways always backup your data first just in case so you can try again later
if it doesnt work
Wrong way to do it (or rather incomplete method), because then you mismatch the levelexp client side dat, the proper method involves editing the exp levels and then dumping the db content to create a new dat or changing the monsters xp output values to speed up xp gain, but only adjusting the db and not client, you create weird bugs where client expects 1 value set and server has another.

I post this as reference as so people know the full story and please, if you are going to write "fix/change/update" guides, be more informed first so people know what else needs to be done for it to be right.
Old 02/24/2012, 10:55   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by -The-Shadow- View Post
Wrong way to do it (or rather incomplete method), because then you mismatch the levelexp client side dat, the proper method involves editing the exp levels and then dumping the db content to create a new dat or changing the monsters xp output values to speed up xp gain, but only adjusting the db and not client, you create weird bugs where client expects 1 value set and server has another.

I post this as reference as so people know the full story and please, if you are going to write "fix/change/update" guides, be more informed first so people know what else needs to be done for it to be right.
lol way to not start an argument okay well this is one way and it does work and yes there are many other variables and ways to edit things,... if you would like to add to this with more info feel free no need to be passively insulting about it lol perhaps since you want to say this is the wrong way you can put the right way as you put it as an example instead of an insult?
Old 02/24/2012, 11:00   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by idlemonkey View Post
lol way to not start an argument okay well this is one way and it does work and yes there are many other variables and ways to edit things,... if you would like to add to this with more info feel free no need to be passively insulting about it lol perhaps since you want to say this is the wrong way you can put the right way as you put it as an example instead of an insult?
I did point to the proper methods of either dat dump to levelexp.dat or editing the monster xp outputs server side. It is your guide however and is your choice if you want to figure out how to do dat dumping to solve that issue or if you want to rework it to cover monster xp output rates after you explore how to adjust it. Again I am here to point directions, not give people the exact how to's and hold their hands, people don't learn that way.
Old 02/24/2012, 11:14   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by -The-Shadow- View Post
I did point to the proper methods of either dat dump to levelexp.dat or editing the monster xp outputs server side. It is your guide however and is your choice if you want to figure out how to do dat dumping to solve that issue or if you want to rework it to cover monster xp output rates after you explore how to adjust it. Again I am here to point directions, not give people the exact how to's and hold their hands, people don't learn that way.
lol no one asked you to hold anyones hand and I as for changing the xp outputs for the monsters thats another matter altogether ... i dont need to explore how to adjust it as I already have

now another way to set your exp rates which you can try besides this is to simply change the amount of experience each monster gives by changing its level and added exp bonuses in cq_monstertype and cq_monsterexp

please if you are trying to point people in the right direction dont do it by pointing at them and calling them noobs passively or not "people dont learn that way either"

and of course cq_levexp which is what I assume is what youre refering to which dictates how much experience you get during od periods
Old 02/25/2012, 20:36   #6

You know i see so much negative insults in this community about someone trying too start up a zo server or another server let me point out a few things here.

1. onmi war was one of the greatest server back a few years ago i agree., but its no longer here due to some personal issues well no worries.
2. instead of down us newbs in the zero world why dont you all help us try too bring back zero by giving alot better tips which i give idle his due on these current tips ty bro.
3. This is suposed too be a gaming community all i see is people is being disrespectufl toward others (seems like childesh nonsince too me).

I am telling you all out of respect for your professions I respect you guys and im a newb too zero i admit that i know i got lots too learn so please try too be more respectufl toward us newbs maybe one day we all can get along alot better ty
Old 02/25/2012, 21:50   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfvane101 View Post
You know i see so much negative insults in this community about someone trying too start up a zo server or another server let me point out a few things here.

1. onmi war was one of the greatest server back a few years ago i agree., but its no longer here due to some personal issues well no worries.
2. instead of down us newbs in the zero world why dont you all help us try too bring back zero by giving alot better tips which i give idle his due on these current tips ty bro.
3. This is suposed too be a gaming community all i see is people is being disrespectufl toward others (seems like childesh nonsince too me).

I am telling you all out of respect for your professions I respect you guys and im a newb too zero i admit that i know i got lots too learn so please try too be more respectufl toward us newbs maybe one day we all can get along alot better ty
These are not insults, insults are quite different than critique and warnings on top of advice as to the direction of what is right and or a better method.

Knowledge of what is needed, processes required to solve, essentially how to come up with what is needed to succeed in whatever matter, is all the key to the road to meeting a goal of a successful project.

I give people pointers of what they need to know, what they should look into and point out corrections that would lead to required proper knowledge. I am not here to write guides and tell people how to do everything. I aim to give direction, not hold hands and give all the answers.

Unless people here would prefer I don't give a heads up on bad and incorrect advice and just let people learn to do things that cause more problems? I say what I do because I know what fixes these things, but I am not just going to hand out the exacts on the how, that is for the community to figure out. I will just continue to point out misdirection or erroneous advice when it occurs.

In the case of this guide, it is incomplete and missing information, thus I pointed out the direction of correction if the op chooses to correct it and add the missing information, information that is needed so people can do the edit. In this case properly instead of unknowingly creating more bugs and not understanding why, it would benefit the community far more to have the full detail of information than a broken fix with no explanation. I am not telling him to remove the guide, I didn't call it crap, I pointed out the flaw in it with the hopes he would finish it with the rest of the detail for it to really be of help instead of cause more problems.

A bad teacher gives all the answers during a test, a good teacher teaches you how to come up with those answers on your own.

Being one who has been noted for teaching difficult subjects well, I would believe I am correct in this matter in regards to my methods, and I will continue to point out direction and not give direct answers. The necessity of Problem Solving is key to so much more than people consider, something people can only learn how to do, not be given.
Old 02/25/2012, 22:47   #8

hmm in refering to you being a teacher ummm i see your point on some things but sometimes a students needs those guides too help better understand the problems at hand. if the teacher cant get through using one method then that teacher should sit with the student and listen as the student figures out the problem for himself and actually talk with the student in giving suggestions and better helpful hints.
Old 02/25/2012, 23:13   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfvane101 View Post
hmm in refering to you being a teacher ummm i see your point on some things but sometimes a students needs those guides too help better understand the problems at hand. if the teacher cant get through using one method then that teacher should sit with the student and listen as the student figures out the problem for himself and actually talk with the student in giving suggestions and better helpful hints.
The students must still ask questions for new direction, which is lost if the students take their frustrations of lacking a full knowledge on a subject out on the teacher by lashing out.

Direction is the only form of teaching I will give, as it is the only form that will teach how to learn what is needed, guides with answers and hows are shortcuts and don't teach what is needed for a successful project, at least in regards to zo.

If all people want are identical servers however, then by all means they can use guides and not actually understand how it works to make something worthwhile. However from my understanding, neither you or idle want your servers to "stay" at the level they are, but you both want them to excel and advance, and no guide is going to open that door. Only the capability of knowing how to dig through it and fix it will, and that cannot be taught with a guide.

The problem is, when direction of what to do and what to investigate is given, or when a warning of misinformation is present, it is useless if it is taken as an insult and no one makes any progress.
Old 02/25/2012, 23:44   #10

now too this answer shadow your directions can be misleading too some but i actually understand your answer on this i will contunue too ask questions if people would actually give a straight fowrd answer instead a misleading one i would better undestand the teacher. I will also contue too better improve our server by trial and error *** know i made a bunch lol but im learning hahahaha.
Old 02/26/2012, 00:10   #11

i remember in school my professor always lectured when he was teaching something he spoke in away one might think is misleading but it is to make your mind open and understand think OUT SIDE THE BOX use the brake you was created with not let it spoil with trash. it was one of my most favorite classes i never did see what the problem was with how the professor taught. but then again i listened and learned unlike most in my class who flunked or just changed classes to something simple.
Old 02/26/2012, 03:17   #12

I prefer to take a more direct aproach and simply give people hints in the right direction rather than talking in circles around the issue without actually showing anyone something ( i do admit the i told you what to search for and what you did wrong method works yes but doesnt get much response)
Old 02/26/2012, 03:36   #13

but the problem is you don't direct them in the correct direction. example the guide its still missing things and when they **** up there database because they followed some half explained guide they will get ****** and discouraged because they don't really understand what they are doing. did they learn something? no. will they get frustrated? yes. even in eudemons the levelexp guides and sql dump are all freaken wrong which causes issues. they need to learn correctly not copy past work and still cant understand the task.
Old 02/26/2012, 08:46   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizTenshi View Post
but the problem is you don't direct them in the correct direction. example the guide its still missing things and when they **** up there database because they followed some half explained guide they will get ****** and discouraged because they don't really understand what they are doing. did they learn something? no. will they get frustrated? yes. even in eudemons the levelexp guides and sql dump are all freaken wrong which causes issues. they need to learn correctly not copy past work and still cant understand the task.
so you say but this method does in fact work and is proven I appreciate what you are saying but it is irrelevent to a tutorial on how to do something without annoying hex editing also note there is two more examples now (since you guys wanted to respond in this manner)
to change exp rates as well without editing any dat files by simply editing the monsters level and bonus experience
Old 02/29/2012, 11:42   #15

I can't up level > 195, 8.4% is super hard no way for continues play