Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Coders Den > Web Development
You last visited: Today at 08:14

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Beginner]Javascript Tutorial Part 1

Discussion on [Beginner]Javascript Tutorial Part 1 within the Web Development forum part of the Coders Den category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[Beginner]Javascript Tutorial Part 1

Hello Elite Pvpers, now i will teach you how to work with javascript. This tutorial is only for beginners there would be more parts...

Everytime when you want to add javscript code on your html website you must have

<script type="text/javscript">
</script>

Thosse 2 script types. Otherwise nothing is going to work, always when you want write some code, write it down the <script type>.

The javascript its not same like HTML or PHP you can't just write your text and done. The syntax is almost same like C

When you want to create .js file you don't need to write the script types because the file is already javascript

Always when you want to write text/numbers .etc your code must start with

document.write

That means you want to write something on the document.

It's not that all when you wrote the document.write you must put (); after it

document.write();

And to write in text your document.write must looks like this

document.write("Your text here");

And to write numbers your document write can be without ""

Example:
document.write(3213);

That only works for numbers, to write text you must have ""

*Note: You need Notepad++ to edit javascript better. You can use also notepad its not such a problem.

The javascript document.write works also when you want count something

For example

document.write(1+1);

And in the website will be 2

or

document.write(7*7);

In the web will be 49. But must be without "" otherwise wont work

Alright guys, thanks for reading this tutorial i hope helps for beginners.
The next part is coming after this tutorial and will be "How to working with variables and boxes"
Old 02/29/2012, 22:40   #2

elite*gold: 42
Received Thanks: 1,888
I lol'd.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 02/29/2012, 22:57   #3

In meinen Augen pädagogisch völlig wertlos. Würde mich echt wundern, wenn das irgendjemand irgendwas bringen würde.

(... und ob es wirklich so viel Sinn macht, Tutorials in einer Sprache zu schreiben, die man nicht wirklich beherrscht, weiß ich auch nicht).
Old 02/29/2012, 23:30   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoepMeep View Post
I lol'd.
Cool for you.
Old 03/01/2012, 00:07   #5
Administrator

elite*gold: 41364
Received Thanks: 12,625
No offense, but I seriously doubt that this will help any beginner. You simply cannot beat down something as complex as this to a few sentences and then expect folks who have never heard of JS before to actually understand anything of what you just said.
It simply won't work that way, you got to start from scratch and actually explain each and every aspect in detail, even the things that might seem easy to you. Also, you need a proper structure, you cannot just jump from one topic to another around if you'd like your readers to get your point. And if your readers do not get your point, this is nothing but a major waste of time for both them and you.

If you'd like to see what an decent JS guide for beginners looks like, see .