Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Off-Topics > Technical Support
You last visited: Today at 18:48

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Registry+different directories=WTF

Discussion on Registry+different directories=WTF within the Technical Support forum part of the Off-Topics category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 1329
Registry+different directories=WTF

I made a program that uses the registry. It writes a string to the registry and reads it (and does a lot more, but that doesn't matter^^). If I start the program with debugging (from RAD Studio), everything is fine. If I start the program directly, problems start. The program writes the string to the registry (it's there!). When I delete the value in the registry via regedit and let the program try to read the string, my program tells me, that the value is still there.
Another thing is:
I put the value back into the registry and copy my program into another directory. In the new directory, my program can't find the value (the value is there right in the registry. I can see it with regedit...).
What's going on??

This may help to solve the problem:
Windows 7 Professional
I don't use ANY files to save the string, and there is no file that contains the value
It's not the first time I work with the registry. Until now, everything has always been ok.
I scanned my computer for malware - nothing found
Rootkey is HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
Key: SOFTWARE/[name]
Value is a String
Registry version 6.1 build 7600

Tags
find, folder, problem, registry