Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 00:09

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Let's talk - Private servers 2020

Discussion on Let's talk - Private servers 2020 within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old 08/19/2020, 01:38   #91

elite*gold: 2700
Received Thanks: 1,894
Quote:
Originally Posted by clericakar View Post
silk items will untredable like old times.

you can catch old times

90 cap full ch old sro feeling

gamegami is coming bro they will come with 5x server WOW
Yall are being tricked ) Just wait and be disappointed. They didn't even get the license from joymax. But hey yall can have hope.
Old 08/19/2020, 18:17   #92

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy© View Post
Yall are being tricked ) Just wait and be disappointed. They didn't even get the license from joymax. But hey yall can have hope.
redirects to Gamegami domain.

i mean, if that's not a license i don't know what is.
Old 08/20/2020, 15:22   #93

elite*gold: 15
Received Thanks: 1,357
And just like this another "I want to do something better for this place" thread dies, just because you can point out what's wrong with the game and the community in just 2-3 posts.
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/20/2020, 22:04   #94

elite*gold: 2700
Received Thanks: 1,894
Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedNite. View Post
And just like this another "I want to do something better for this place" thread dies, just because you can point out what's wrong with the game and the community in just 2-3 posts.
2-3 posts and yet nobody is doing anything - kind of sad.
Old 08/20/2020, 23:17   #95

Well tbh ECSRO servers were best if we talk about rates, SUN WAS A FKING RARE!!
When most of us started playing ecsro and silkroad overall we were kids we couldnt buy silks,now most of that *kids* can buy silks and thats why server dies fast...
BOX SOX SYSTEM -NO fully p2w
TRADE FOR MOON/SUN-no wtf
TO MANY GAY EDITS-NO PLS
WINGS WITH STATS?? dafuq is that
Server with no bots and low/mid rates without edits would be good,but people dont want to play that they pref that pay2win **** and that wont change.

As i already said epvp stuff should remove all those dumb servers,and approve only good servers-
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/21/2020, 02:25   #96
Chat Killer In Duty

elite*gold: 5
Received Thanks: 6,470
Quote:
what really impresses me is the amount of people that came here just to flame and cause chaos on the topic. You cant see it but there is a LOT of posts deleted already cuz of it
Old 08/21/2020, 10:56   #97

elite*gold: 15
Received Thanks: 1,357
Quote:
2-3 posts and yet nobody is doing anything - kind of sad.
Sometimes you just need to let things go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortalDark View Post
what really impresses me is the amount of people that came here just to flame and cause chaos on the topic. You cant see it but there is a LOT of posts deleted already cuz of it
I've been more active than usual since this thread, I see most of the people who are just proving my point.
Old 08/21/2020, 23:40   #98
Chat Killer In Duty

Quote:
Sometimes you just need to let things go.

I've been more active than usual since this thread, I see most of the people who are just proving my point.
and I congratulate those that did the same as you

Threads like this always voice how frustrated some people are, specially during this pandemic
Old 08/22/2020, 12:24   #99

Received Thanks: 3,766
Woo another discussion thread . I got moaned at by my girlfriend for spending too much time reading the replies and conjuring up a decent response to this, but I'll give it a go.

Personally, Silkroad in it's entirety died sometime between 2012-14. And since, it's been on a slow decline downhill. Servers aren't populated anymore, developers are complete frauds that have no intention to entertain a community, just to figure out ways to make the quickest money, shut down the project, then release V2 / Part 2 / Reborn a few months later, only to continue the same cycle.

I dislike the jobbing system. I really, really fucking dislike having to earn "Iron" "Gold" coins through features and systems which are completely designed to benefit P2W players solely, and as somebody mentioned before, this then leaves non donators to pick one trade (typically trader) and just hope that you don't encounter P2W players. This isn't what Silkroad should be like. Back when I was playing in 2007-10 on iSRO, yes, you had donators, heavy ones, but they rarely gained ANY other benefit besides being able to insta-login on the server, and some very slight XP increases. Nowadays, this isn't the case.

It's been years now that I've actually devoted a lot of time into a server, and obviously life has taken it's course since which has caused me to lose a lot of free time (birth of my daughter, work, etc) but I'm still heavily invested in the game. I do still interact with the community often, I do still come back to elitepvpers, because the nostalgia is simply too strong to ignore. But everytime I come back to Private SRO*Advertising, I'm reminded of why I left.

Last point, I completely agree with the guy that said donations should be for their HARD WORK, and not to receive any in-game benefit. Make this mandatory and watch how 90% of the developers disappear into thin air.

TL: DR
Thanks
11 Users
Old 08/28/2020, 01:37   #100

It is sad, agreed. Some people try their best, though. Wether people like it or not, thats up to them, but players expectations have gotten too high so people tend to brush off most servers. SRO isnt want it used to be any longer, old school long term is a niche, if anything.
Old 08/30/2020, 02:38   #101

elite*gold: 130
The problem with pservers is that 99% if not 100% of them are all pay2win, whoever donates the most is stronger than everyone and those who don't donate feel like they will never be able to catch up and quit.

On iSRO back in the days with the magic pop release, we were saying that it became pay2win with sun items at magic pop but even tho it was account bound it was hella pay2win but now pservers are doing 1000 x worse (donate and you will be the best in no time) even if they still have to play abit they don't have to do that much compared to what a non donator has to do to catch them, thats what makes me not want to play private servers, they are just here to milk money and make donators happy to kill everyone easily
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/30/2020, 15:34   #102

Quote:
The Silkroad scene is dying every month slowly and slowly. Is kind of sad to be honest because I grew up with Silkroad I wish Joymax didn't fuck it up so badly. I started playing when I was 9 or so my both parents played it and introduced me to the game and I guess I could never just abandon something like this ever.

I'm planning on opening a server by the end of 2020 - I guess I'm creating this thread to see what the community wants from a server so if you guys have any ideas go ahead and post it. Let me know what you would like to see and what you would hate to see. I'm doing this for the community. Let's build a server together.

I'm creating this thread because I want to talk about all the issues that Prv sro scene has now. I will state my problems and we all can talk about it. I'm not creating this to start arguing with people. I really just want to improve the current status of this scene or at least try.

My problems:

- Repetative servers, every freaking server is exactly the same and it has been for the past 4+ years and theres nothing really new.

- Corruption, every server has some kind of corruption I don't know why developers and the teams do that but hey what ever.

- Big guilds, let's be honest big guilds ruin every server in many different ways.

- The lack of communication within the dev team and the community they don't care about what the "player" actually want they only care about the guilds and they keep giving them what they want in order to keep them in the game to increase the online player count.

- Pay2win, Every freaking server is pay2win, who ever invented silk scrolls and shit I really hope you have a good life.

- Most of the servers have poor managment and they have no clue what they doing.

- Fake people, every new server has someone new with a fake name because they fucked up before and they are back once again to milk the community, you know who you are and I dont know how you can keep doing this. Just get a job.

- Crate system, just ruined sro overall.

- Servers are made with coin system and crates which basically means that the top 20 players are the only ones who keep getting all the items and all the rewards from survival and other activites and having fun jobbing while the others just trade 24/7 just to be able to keep up this isn't fun anymore this is hard work you got to work just to play a game that doesn't make any sense.

- Alchemy is completely ruined everyone has to make 4 accounts to grind for elixirs so they can sell for silks and in the end the top 20 players buy these elixirs and make auto alchemy till they get set sos +7 in the first 3-4 days mean while casual players are still getting their last tier set ready.

- No server show any love for casual players who are just looking to have fun u either gotta be a trihard or a donator all the casual players play for a week and give up because they are too far behind.

- All servers use the exact same boring system that doesn't last a month.

Again. Its important to understand this my opinion as an member in this community that i have been in for far too long, I don't mean to attack or trash talk other servers or even the players who enjoy this type of gameplay this is simply a discussion.

If I'm making a server i have to make sure its flawless I can't just copy and paste what everyone is doing its not what i do or what my team does, I created this thread with the hopes of reaching out to players to understand what they want so that we be able to implement and same goes for other server owners and creators if they read this thread perhaps they will understand more about the players and what they want and perhaps even getting a new system idea for all of us to enjoy.

You as a player or as a creator say what u have on ur mind. What do u think the current problems with the pSRO scene because i believe if enough people started talking and saying what they want we can put a stop to this shit.
katılıyorum oyuncuyu anlayan server sayısı az olanlarda kapanıyor

güzel bir server gibi indiriyorum şimdi bakalım player az gözüküyor girişte ama oyun umarım iyidir
Old 08/30/2020, 17:06   #103

Well done, but even if we made a real play2win old school project, it won't even success. not to talk about player base that won't even reach the d300 cap 2000 kids games.

The problem is in the community before the admins, i would so much like to revive sro with a real game. but i won't even get what i invested (not looking for money tho, just invested $$)
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/30/2020, 18:36   #104
Chat Killer In Duty

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowStyle™ View Post
The problem with pservers is that 99% if not 100% of them are all pay2win, whoever donates the most is stronger than everyone and those who don't donate feel like they will never be able to catch up and quit.

On iSRO back in the days with the magic pop release, we were saying that it became pay2win with sun items at magic pop but even tho it was account bound it was hella pay2win but now pservers are doing 1000 x worse (donate and you will be the best in no time) even if they still have to play abit they don't have to do that much compared to what a non donator has to do to catch them, thats what makes me not want to play private servers, they are just here to milk money and make donators happy to kill everyone easily
for me, no mtx is good at any point

HOWEVER

if you have to give me the option to choose between Fashion MTX and Functional MTX, give me Fashion
Games like TF2, Overwatch and Fortnite have a good following because MTX does not affect gameplay at all.
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/30/2020, 21:14   #105

Solution is: Back to clean files and clean system and do not touch a sh**t, and fuse all pservers in one. So we will have biggest community again. And all these devs working together as a great team (100 members aprox i think xD) And we can make this game great again, and beating gaymax 4ever. And bring this game to be famous in current global game industry.
Thanks
1 User