Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 05:17

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Let's talk - Private servers 2020

Discussion on Let's talk - Private servers 2020 within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old 08/10/2020, 23:02   #16

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chigako View Post
If you had 10k gold, would you share it? You need a brain
And you need a proper education.
Old 08/10/2020, 23:18   #17

elite*gold: 2700
Received Thanks: 1,894
Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedNite. View Post
Back in the days people were afraid of working together with me, for obvious reasons, I don't completely blame them.But then we said **** it and let's do it, when I was almost done with the project on my part, which is everything db/client related for features and what not, I got backstabbed and the partner disappeared for about a week before we all gave up waiting for an answer, all this just because the test server was not handled by me.

Anyway this is just an example of what happened to me when I tried to leave aside drama for something greater.What this means is that there's still potential for people to just **** on others because they think their partner is gonna do something later down the line, when in reality that's the case for everyone, I had the same thoughts sometimes, but you never know what's gonna happen if you don't go through with it.
I understand you totally. Is hard to find trusted people in this community everyone seems to be like that and it sucks. If we want something better and do better for this community. We need to start talking about this stuff and try to change it.
Old 08/10/2020, 23:31   #18

elite*gold: 118
That kind of threads have been opened couple of times before and its actually a good thing but sadly there is no outcome out of them even though I would like to see something changing. Silkroad in just the last few months changed in a way at least for me and I don't know what happened it just not comfy to be in the scene anymore.

Regarding the the problems that you mentioned above, yeah they are there but what can the solution be with a community that appreciates nothing?. There is one more problem that you forgot to mention and this is mainly why I guess this scene is already dead, its because that Silkroad is just about business for everyone, I'm not restricting it just to the server teams or the people working on a certain server but actually everyone including the players. The server owners are just opening the server to gain money which is totally how it should be since there is no reason for someone to invest a lot of resources like time and money (Some people do actually do that as a full time job) on something that won't get them anything back in return, BUT the new meta of just milking the players with opening more and more servers with the lifespan of 6 months maximum of activity (don't fall for the people who just keeps their servers opened while hosting them on a potato machine that literally costs 10$ a month just to say that their servers are online for the longest time ever but there is no one playing). Its just simply the server owners rights to gain money but its being done in a ridiculous way right now. Its also a business for the other people who works on those severs just like the video editors, designers, web developers, resellers, advertisers, streamers, client assistants, special developers or bug debuggers, thread writers, big guilds, Discord bot developers and even its now a job to be a discord administrator or a server supporter on Discord and the list continues with even going as insane as just creating random Discord servers and calling them communities just so you can advertise a server there while all of the members in that server are just the same members in the other communities. Not to mention that the players right now are just the same, they treat Silkroad as a business too, they want to get into the most populated server and farm as much stuff as they can so they can sell it in the black market for whatever and as soon as the server just starts dying everyone and I mean everyone is filling the black market section with their accounts.

I haven't played Silkroad actively in the last few years but its always the game that I end up coming back to enjoy some time with my old guild mates who thankfully knows nothing about elitepvp and the discord silkroad communities, we just gather in a server a have fun there. But what I wanted to draw some attention to is that we've never joined or played any of those big servers who gets 9k players on their grand openings that players lags while being in a certain town because there is to much people around or any of those games where the big guilds are dominating with their money (not always, if you know what I mean ) and getting into fortress wars with 20 guilds vs each other. We've always joined servers that got like 200~600 players and surprisingly those servers do stay up for a while, the first one stayed up for 5 years and then second and last server we actively played stayed up for 2 years. What is even more funny is that the developers of those server a not the best and they struggle with fixing issues and sometimes you could actually think they don't even care and they will just fix the stuff whenever they want to which could take weeks. But on the other hand the communities on those 2 servers that I've played on are not like what you do see now on Discord and here in elitepvp, most of them they a not just like rabbits jumping from server to another and they are not lifeless either since a lot of those people are in their mid twenties with families. But people are just there to enjoy Silkroad, they are toxic , competitive and most importantly don't play silkroad for the money that comes out of it.

I sadly don't think its much you can do Dizzy even though I wish you can, but that's what sadly the community evolved to. The only solution that I can think of right now that can maybe help but its for sure not going to happen unless the mods here in elitepvp and the big server owners and teams collaborate to save this scene. Don't allow any servers to be advertised at all just non so you can limit away the amount of trash being throwed here on daily basis and for the best people in this scene in every position to collaborate on few projects that can really do something to help out.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 08/10/2020, 23:40   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balki97 View Post
That kind of threads have been opened couple of times before and its actually a good thing but sadly there is no outcome out of them even though I would like to see something changing. Silkroad in just the last few months changed in a way at least for me and I don't know what happened it just not comfy to be in the scene anymore.

Regarding the the problems that you mentioned above, yeah they are there but what can the solution be with a community that appreciates nothing?. There is one more problem that you forgot to mention and this is mainly why I guess this scene is already dead, its because that Silkroad is just about business for everyone, I'm not restricting it just to the server teams or the people working on a certain server but actually everyone including the players. The server owners are just opening the server to gain money which is totally how it should be since there is no reason for someone to invest a lot of resources like time and money (Some people do actually do that as a full time job) on something that won't get them anything back in return, BUT the new meta of just milking the players with opening more and more servers with the lifespan of 6 months maximum of activity (don't fall for the people who just keeps their servers opened while hosting them on a potato machine that literally costs 10$ a month just to say that their servers are online for the longest time ever but there is no one playing). Its just simply the server owners rights to gain money but its being done in a ridiculous way right now. Its also a business for the other people who works on those severs just like the video editors, designers, web developers, resellers, advertisers, streamers, client assistants, special developers or bug debuggers, thread writers, big guilds, Discord bot developers and even its now a job to be a discord administrator or a server supporter on Discord and the list continues with even going as insane as just creating random Discord servers and calling them communities just so you can advertise a server there while all of the members in that server are just the same members in the other communities. Not to mention that the players right now are just the same, they treat Silkroad as a business too, they want to get into the most populated server and farm as much stuff as they can so they can sell it in the black market for whatever and as soon as the server just starts dying everyone and I mean everyone is filling the black market section with their accounts.

I haven't played Silkroad actively in the last few years but its always the game that I end up coming back to enjoy some time with my old guild mates who thankfully knows nothing about elitepvp and the discord silkroad communities, we just gather in a server a have fun there. But what I wanted to draw some attention to is that we've never joined or played any of those big servers who gets 9k players on their grand openings that players lags while being in a certain town because there is to much people around or any of those games where the big guilds are dominating with their money (not always, if you know what I mean ) and getting into fortress wars with 20 guilds vs each other. We've always joined servers that got like 200~600 players and surprisingly those servers do stay up for a while, the first one stayed up for 5 years and then second and last server we actively played stayed up for 2 years. What is even more funny is that the developers of those server a not the best and they struggle with fixing issues and sometimes you could actually think they don't even care and they will just fix the stuff whenever they want to which could take weeks. But on the other hand the communities on those 2 servers that I've played on are not like what you do see now on Discord and here in elitepvp, most of them they a not just like rabbits jumping from server to another and they are not lifeless either since a lot of those people are in their mid twenties with families. But people are just there to enjoy Silkroad, they are toxic , competitive and most importantly don't play silkroad for the money that comes out of it.

I sadly don't think its much you can do Dizzy even though I wish you can, but that's what sadly the community evolved to. The only solution that I can think of right now that can maybe help but its for sure not going to happen unless the mods here in elitepvp and the big server owners and teams collaborate to save this scene. Don't allow any servers to be advertised at all just non so you can limit away the amount of trash being throwed here on daily basis and for the best people in this scene in every position to collaborate on few projects that can really do something to help out.
I agree with a lot of what you said. I played a lot of small servers with a group of people and to be honest with you I had more fun than any other servers because we are playing for fun. Is sad to see that a lot of people take this game way to serouis im talking about all the big guilds - I don't want to balme them but at the same time when you have to pay guilds to join a server u know something has gone wrong. We should not need to pay people to play a server. Play because you enjoy the servers features ect. But now everyone cares about money in this community and is actually really sad.

About the mods doing something, I agree there's a lot of things that Epvp and mods can do so I would like to hear if you have anything to say. But at the same time Epvp is not the only way of advertising. There are plenty of other forums. @ @ @
Old 08/10/2020, 23:48   #20

elite*gold: 15
Received Thanks: 1,357
I'm in a completely different place in my life right now compared to a few years ago when this was what I did most of the time, but I wouldn't oppose to helping people with my own stuff that I've made over the years, that being my contribution to the project, mostly, but the question is who?
Old 08/10/2020, 23:52   #21

Quote:
I'm in a completely different place in my life right now compared to a few years ago when this was what I did most of the time, but I wouldn't oppose to helping people with my own stuff that I've made over the years, that being my contribution to the project, mostly, but the question is who?
I thing the best think you could do to help this community is release everything you worked on and just make it public - but at the same time everyone has access to it(and that encourages even more trash appearing), Unless you have people you trust with what you have and think they could do something with them. Maybe it could do something good. But I would understand why you wouldn't as well at the same time.
Old 08/10/2020, 23:56   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy© View Post
I thing the best think you could do to help this community is release everything you worked on and just make it public - but at the same time everyone has access to it(and that encourages even more trash appearing), Unless you have people you trust with what you have and think they could do something with them. Maybe it could do something good. But I would understand why you wouldn't as well at the same time.
I've released CSRO-R, that hasn't done any good.People complain they're stuck on the same files since 2012 but when something new shows up they're not doing anything but to spill hate all over it.
Old 08/10/2020, 23:57   #23

Quote:
I've released CSRO-R, that hasn't done any good.People complain they're stuck on the same files since 2012 but when something new shows up they're not doing anything but to spill hate all over it.
I think one of the problems this community has is lazy and not motivated devs - but I can't blame them. The community itself its at fault just like u mentioned before.
Old 08/11/2020, 00:15   #24

Myself and many others have suggested this a very long time ago to epvp countless times, paid advertisement spot, something like $10-$15/month for a thread, but the answer that we always got back from them was that this is a free forum and it's not within their operating ideals for it, which I understand, but this is the most you can ask from this forum to be involved with, they can't do more.
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/11/2020, 00:18   #25

Quote:
Myself and many others have suggested this a very long time ago to epvp countless times, paid advertisement spot, something like $10-$15/month for a thread, but the answer that we always got back from them was that this is a free forum and it's not within their operating ideals for it, which I understand, but this is the most you can ask from this forum to be involved with, they can't do more.
I totally agree with you - the sticky threads work but at the same time it doesn't. I remember when I had a sticky thread here - People wouldn't even notice or wouldn't know about it at all so is kind of a waste. They need to do something about it but I'm pretty sure all the mods gave up already you rarely see them do anything nowadays unless you make a report urself - I mean I still get messages every day from people messaging me thinking im some kind of a mod or something.

Another forum the turkish one starting with M u probably know what I mean has something like paid stuff but they also have a free section that people dont even check at all - maybe epvp should take that as an example.
Old 08/11/2020, 00:50   #26

elite*gold: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy© View Post
I think one of the problems this community has is lazy and not motivated devs - but I can't blame them. The community itself its at fault just like u mentioned before.
That's a really good point. Even if I as a server creator want to do something good I'm always limited by the devs that I'm working with. From a prespective of a dev he is better off working on a server like eagle where he can do a half assed job for a month and make shiton of money in a couple of month.

So the okay devs have their own quick cash grab servers. And the only ones are left are fake name devs which working with them is basically you playing yourself they are going to do a shitty job with bugged files and bugged everything and u lose ur money and in the end of the day you would be the one who is getting blamed for this because worst case scenario he just goes on and make a another fake name.

And you can't even say well why the good devs aren't releasing anything making it easier to make a good server because 9/10 times it going to be used by these fakename devs to scam other people (go figure).

Quote:
My personal opinion is $10-$15 wouldn't really change much most of the even the lowest trash servers nowaday have a budget of at least $300 that if they have the trash files already making it 315$ wouldn't be much of an issue for them given that they still stand to make money.

It should be quality control but it seems a little bit far fetched to even think about something like that.
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/11/2020, 00:57   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exaryus View Post
That's a really good point. Even if I as a server creator want to do something good I'm always limited by the devs that I'm working with. From a prespective of a dev he is better off working on a server like eagle where he can do a half assed job for a month and make shiton of money in a couple of month.

So the okay devs have their own quick cash grab servers. And the only ones are left are fake name devs which working with them is basically you playing yourself they are going to do a shitty job with bugged files and bugged everything and u lose ur money and in the end of the day you would be the one who is getting blamed for this because worst case scenario he just goes on and make a another fake name.

And you can't even say well why the good devs aren't releasing anything making it easier to make a good server because 9/10 times it going to be used by these fakename devs to scam other people (go figure).

My personal opinion is $10-$15 wouldn't really change much most of the even the lowest trash servers nowaday have a budget of at least $300 that if they have the trash files already making it 315$ wouldn't be much of an issue for them given that they still stand to make money.

It should be quality control but it seems a little bit far fetched to even think about something like that.
Ye from an investor perspective is very hard to find good devs to work with as you said most of them are either under a fake name and just bounces when shit goes side ways. And like you said the devs who are good is already with big servers. The community lacks motivated devs and it sucks. There are a lot of devs who are out of the scene and I would like to see them back - A lot of things have changed.
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/11/2020, 05:38   #28

elite*gold: 2
[PART 1/3] Happy that someone is finally talking about the modern issues that we face in the scene. Originally, I wasn't going to comment on this, but as a somewhat well-known and continuous player & admin, I feel that it is my place to contribute to this thread.

I, as a lot of you guys also have, have been playing SRO (ISRO/SROR) since 2010. I came to try out PSRO in 2016 and started maining it in 2017. While these 3 years are short compared to other people's time, I quickly developed as one of the most infamous and "big name players" in the scene, and I played many more servers than most of the people who have been here since VSRO was released to be honest. Although I may not be as well-known as I used to be a couple years back, I do still have the experience that I got while playing over 60-70 private servers, and it stuck with me through these great times. As both a player and an administrator in both big and small servers, I have a unique perspective on all of these scenarios, so I'm going to share my personal opinion on all of these issues. Enough background and let's begin, shall we?

First of all, while the issues that Dizzy mentioned are important, and I will address them further down in this post, they are not the CORE REASONS why you see servers continuously failing nowadays. Servers have been dying faster and faster year after year, and this is for two major reasons: the newfound economic imbalance & the lack of core gameplay additions/edits.

1.) Regarding the "newfound economic imbalance issue:"
- This issue is solely from my own perspective and analysis, but I'm sure that many people can agree with it. You are probably wondering what the hell this even is, so allow me to explain it simply - in a normal environment, you would see a correlation between community growth and spending increase. However, in most recent servers, it is a different and unexplainable one - community is shrinking more and more, and donators are spending more and more.
- Back around 2016/2017, a "big donator" would be on top for a WHILE with only around $500. Nowadays you see people competing to be #1 with mutiple thousands... in servers like Electus and Sailor, you see massive donator competition that spans into the 7k/8k USD range.
- Because of this higher range of donations, you see an even BIGGER imbalance between non-donating players and even regular donators who don't even have a chance to compete among these higher monopolized players who buy their way through the server. This mindset of "I can't compete with these donators..." forces people to quit the server and jump to another one for another chance, or just quit all together.
- People advertise their servers as "play2win," saying that you need to farm points that are untradeable in order to attain the end-game gear... but that's the exact issue: ENDGAME! You see 90% of the community leave the server by the time that you are even eligible to attain these items.
- Also, how can you manage to farm these points when the majority of activities require KILLING/WINNING? Like... you need good gear to do such things, and you only see donators obtaining that early on!
- This entire system is completely faulted & flawed and we definitely need a new core, or else the entire scene will be driven away. Private servers are meant to deliver an EASIER and MORE CASUAL YET COMPETITIVE EXPERIENCE for players. The only server that was close to TRULY ACHIEVING THIS was Pearl by Foberious, and I commend him for this. His server abolished a lot of the pay2win aspects of modern PSRO, and it was very balanced and activity-based for a very long time. We need to follow similar steps in the MAJORITY of servers to bring back the playerbase that we once had... give them a real chance again. This isn't ISRO. We all left ISRO for a reason. Let's not make the same mistakes twice.

2.) The core gameplay additions/adjustments:
This is gonna sound stupid, but stick with me to understand the argument. People are just generally sick of the SRO system. People are tired of doing the same-old-same-old in every server... trading, farming, getting new seals, repeat in a new server, like robots. It gets repetitive after a while and people lose interest and start to distance themselves from Silkroad. The only way to truly ENGAGE people is to factor in something new... make playing WORTH IT, not just "for fun" and wasting your time. I already saw this starting to pop up around the scene, like in Acromus and Nyx, the PVP Tournaments for $. This really forces players to tryhard and engage with the server to become the strongest they can be.
Another possibility is just simply modifying the core gameplay. Add a new type of item with a correlated event/system to farm for. Give players a NEW EXPERIENCE to make them WANT TO PLAY - to TRY SOMETHING NEW. This effectively keeps players motivated and less likely to jump servers!
- But... you won't see this happen. Do you know why? Admins are SCARED to modify the core gameplay of SRO. They want to use something that WORKS and is STABLE, they don't like RISKS. Why you might ask? Because SRO is nothing more than a business to most administrators. They stick with what they know will make a stable profit and continue to run year after year with reopenings. Admins don't want to deliver the content that players want because it affects their profit. It is a conflict between the player and admin that sadly will always exist due to the corruption and greed of the community.

This post is getting long. I'm going to make two more posts - 1 that addresses the issues that Dizzy mentions in the original post, and another with some ideas/suggestions to combat both Dizzy's mentioned issues and my mentioned issues. Maybe someone can take this advice and do something great with it, lets see.

[PART 2/3] In this part of my total response, I'll address the issues that Dizzy mentioned in his original comment. He has some great points that are very important to preserving and lengthening the lifespan of a private server. These are just my opinions and not really my suggestions! That's what part 3 is for!

1.) Repetitive Systems - I'm sure at this point we can all agree that MOST SERVERS for the past 4 years have been using an identical system. The point & coin system is GOOD, it WORKS and ensures activity, and only has some minor flaws, but nothing is ever perfect. People have abused the stability and success with this system, trying to replicate and recreate it with very minor changes - as Dizzy says, it is very repetitive and it basically becomes robotic to perform the exact same activities with the same system everyday that you play. Same system, different names. The cycle is endless and does not stop. In my part 3 response I will be giving a few of my personal suggestions to ADJUST the point/coin system to make it better suited for a more long-term server, but the goal is to completely replace it or do a totally major change... uphaul the system. I don't have any ideas about it but with this goal in mind, people should brainstorm and definitely try to share even minor changes, and together it is definitely possible to form a hybridized system with so many small changes that it actually becomes fixed and viable to use.

2.) Corruption - There are way too many ways to be corrupt in servers and we can all agree that corruption is the ultimate demise to any server. In the end, corruption just comes down to: profit, satisfaction, and unprofessionalism. Admins are stupid, they do not realize that OVERALL, these three factors will actually work in the positive for them if they DON'T engage in these cheating activities, but well... the scene's intelligence is limited, what can you expect? Because this is a major issue, I will provide a fix that I have used in many other servers, that is a very simple idea and 99% accurately helps prove corruption impossible in a server that decides to take my approach.
With most modern admin panels & websites, you have advanced logging systems that show all logs of admin and players chars and their actions - whether that be exchanging, chatting, stalling etc. People keep these logs private, and for what? They can prove to themselves that they are not corrupt, but what does that have to do with the community, where it MATTERS? The obvious fix is to create a logging system that is public for every player to access and be able to check admin console, exchange, stall, etc. types of logs. If you modify your logging procedure, you could also easily be able to log when specific queries are executed or table edits are performed, so you could prevent corruption directly from the database AND admin characters.
Obviously, this idea is not perfect, as technicalities in problem solving, emergency restoration, etc. all could be misconstrued as corruption, however it is a good base idea that can be modified and built on to make a corruption-proof server.

3.) Big Guilds - Actually, big guilds themselves are the OPPOSITE of a problem. They attract more players & community members to join the server and drastically increase activity. The issue with big guilds is THEIR INFLUENCE & THEIR GREED. This is both a GOOD AND A BAD thing, which makes addressing it very difficult. People jump to the conclusion that big guilds are bad because when they leave a server, it causes a domino effect and a sudden sharp drop in server population. Obviously, this is a very bad thing, but it is not totally due to the community, it is because the majority of server admins that pay & attract big guilds use them as a lifeline for their server and free targeted advertising, which causes the admins to slack off on RANDOM COMMUNITY ADVERTISEMENT such as on Elitepvpers or Facebook. That, again, is just another ACT FOR PROFIT, where big server admins think that they can save a lot of money because large guilds will attract a community for them... however this is not the reality whatsoever. If admins focused on both actual advertising AND big guilds, you have yourself a server with a massive population that receives only the benefits of big guilds, and makes it significantly harder for those guilds leaving the server, to kill it completely.

4.) Communication - This is a HUGE ISSUE and admins neglect it 24/7! RUN POLLS AND READ YOUR SUGGESTIONS/IMPLEMENT THEM! THESE TWO THINGS WILL REALLY MAKE A HUGE IMPACT, TRUST ME!

5.) Pay2Win - Kinda addressed this already in Part 1.

6.) Poor management - 100% agreed here. Random people throw together teams to create a server just because it is a semi-low investment project with a pretty big profit yield. Opening a server is a great business opportunity and is in reach to many players. Everyone loves money, they try to jump on the bandwagon and earn some themselves. In reality, nobody in the scene has the proper business or administrative experience to call themselves "professional." That word is thrown around so much and it is kind of shameful to be honest. However, on the flipside, this is a private version of a 2005 MMORPG. It isn't a business. The level of professionalism needed to run the server adequately is not as high as many people set the expectations to be, which is another issue - overexpecting. ---- We don't have the source code to this game, there are a limited number of things that can be done. So many issues that are spewed around by the community are very difficult/impossible to fix or achieve because of this, and it causes completely unrealistic expectations. People need to realize that this is not a business, it is not a JOYMAX competitor. But yeah.

7.) Fake people - I don't really see an issue tbh. People fake their names to clear their past mistakes. This is a harsh and unforgiving community, if you fuck up, you're done. Just another reason why this community is so retarded, but anyways, fake name = clean slate = everyone has a chance. Everyone deserves a second chance, no matter how badly you fuck up. As long as you learn from your mistakes, then it is totally valid and okay imo. The only issue I see with fake names is that the same people dominate the scene and over-monopolize the server business for greed and personal gain.

8./9. kinda addressed this too

10.) Alchemy - there are so many good fixes for this issue: quests, NPCs for currencies, etc. The issue is that the community is not willing to adapt to a better change in the alchemy system, because the alchemy system is the core method of silk for silk sellers and smaller "business operatives" stationed as players. People have efficiently fixed this many times. It is a community issue and not a developmental one. Unfortunately that will never ever change... the server will not succeed without all 3 parts of the player community (donators, silk sellers, and non-donators) at least somewhat satisfied with the system.

11 & 12 addressed that stuff too.

In part 3 I will be offering some decent solutions for the problems above, these are just my opinions regarding these issues.
Thanks
13 Users
Old 08/11/2020, 10:17   #29

elite*gold: 83
First of all I admire the effort you have put into this I'm sure it took you a while to think of it and also write it, Its awesome really. Thank you.

You made some good points but I would like to point out a few things from my prespective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by notHype* View Post
1.) Regarding the "newfound economic imbalance issue:"
- This issue is solely from my own perspective and analysis, but I'm sure that many people can agree with it. You are probably wondering what the hell this even is, so allow me to explain it simply - in a normal environment, you would see a correlation between community growth and spending increase. However, in most recent servers, it is a different and unexplainable one - community is shrinking more and more, and donators are spending more and more.
- Back around 2016/2017, a "big donator" would be on top for a WHILE with only around $500. Nowadays you see people competing to be #1 with mutiple thousands... in servers like Electus and Sailor, you see massive donator competition that spans into the 7k/8k USD range.
- Because of this higher range of donations, you see an even BIGGER imbalance between non-donating players and even regular donators who don't even have a chance to compete among these higher monopolized players who buy their way through the server. This mindset of "I can't compete with these donators..." forces people to quit the server and jump to another one for another chance, or just quit all together.[/B]
If you look closely which I have you will realize while yes in servers like Electus and Sailor some people are donating a huge amount of money because they are huge servers whether with a huge following or brand new files which attracted loads of people and we all agree that these two servers in particular are an extreme case of pay2win which resulted in a server like Sailor which could've have been quite possibly a game changer for the community dying within a couple of month or less because players have decided Its not worth it, But on the other hand a server like Eagle for example which isn't really a serious server despite the numbers there were no compitetion just big guilds who were playing the game and quickly died after 2 weeks and i can assure u no one has donated on Eagle $8k-$10k I know players who donated in the game around $200~$300 or less and were able to get top 10 very easily and maintain their position and were having full sos +7 items on the third day meanwhile most players still playing with NPC set and some players haven't even reached level 100 yet because they playing casually.

Quote:
- But... you won't see this happen. Do you know why? Admins are SCARED to modify the core gameplay of SRO. They want to use something that WORKS and is STABLE, they don't like RISKS. Why you might ask? Because SRO is nothing more than a business to most administrators. They stick with what they know will make a stable profit and continue to run year after year with reopenings. Admins don't want to deliver the content that players want because it affects their profit. It is a conflict between the player and admin that sadly will always exist due to the corruption and greed of the community.
We did actually, We did try to do something different 90% of the players judged the system without testing it in beta or even properly reading the thread.
meanwhile everyone literally everyone who actually played the game enjoyed it and donators and none donators a like it was really balanced and everyone was having fun, If you read the replies on the thread you would understand.

Quote:
1.) Repetitive Systems - I'm sure at this point we can all agree that MOST SERVERS for the past 4 years have been using an identical system. The point & coin system is GOOD, it WORKS and ensures activity, and only has some minor flaws, but nothing is ever perfect. People have abused the stability and success with this system, trying to replicate and recreate it with very minor changes - as Dizzy says, it is very repetitive and it basically becomes robotic to perform the exact same activities with the same system everyday that you play. Same system, different names. The cycle is endless and does not stop. In my part 3 response I will be giving a few of my personal suggestions to ADJUST the point/coin system to make it better suited for a more long-term server, but the goal is to completely replace it or do a totally major change... uphaul the system. I don't have any ideas about it but with this goal in mind, people should brainstorm and definitely try to share even minor changes, and together it is definitely possible to form a hybridized system with so many small changes that it actually becomes fixed and viable to use.
Its not good and it doesn't work. It just turns the entire fucking game into a chore not a game put urself in the prespective of a casual player who just donated $20 to buy prem and such in the 2nd or the 3rd day he reached level 100 but he has literally 0 gold now he has to job to get gold he can't be a thief because he will just die one hit from anyone so his best chance it to trade and hope and pray to god no one of the top 20 players find him which 95% of the time they are playing as thieves because they are the only players who get to enjoy the game at this point. After that casual player successfully manages to finish the trade by some miracle now he has to do it all over again 5/6 times a day just to be able to keep up so he keeps trading all fucking day to farm coins or points to be able to get endgear weapons at the end at this point he is not even a player anymore he is literally a fucking "buffalo" who is just going from town to town hoping not to get fucked hows that even a game who thought of this and said to himself "thats a good idea for a system" eventually casual players just fucking hate themselves and hate the game and stop trading putting the entire game at a pause since traders aren't trading and thieves can't thief anymore so now what? Unless the server owners make a deal with the big guilds so that they keep doing caravans 24/7 in which case the server becomes corrupted and ones the players realize the server is corrupt and big guilds are getting special "treatments" they just leave the game. The whole system is designed and only relies on corruption it doesn't work otherwise it won't be possible to work because no one NO ONE likes to trade 24/7, trading an hour a day for extra gold and special items is cool but trading 24/7 so u can survive thats complete and utter bullshit.

Quote:
2.) Corruption - There are way too many ways to be corrupt in servers and we can all agree that corruption is the ultimate demise to any server. In the end, corruption just comes down to: profit, satisfact......
Corruption is always going to there if the owners are corrupt they will find a way to be corrupt there is nothing that proves 100% that the server isn't corrupt it can't be monitored by any means from the players.
Quote:
3.) Big Guilds - Actually, big guilds themselves are the OPPOSITE of a problem. They attract more players & community members to join the server and drastically increase activity. The issue with big guilds is THEIR INFLUENCE & THEIR GREED. This is both a GOOD AND A BAD thing, which makes addressing it very difficult. People jump to the conclusion that big guilds are bad because when they leave a server, it causes a domino effect and a sudden sharp drop in server population. Obviously, this is a very bad thing, but it is not totally due to the community, it is because the majority of server admins that pay & attract big guilds use them as a lifeline for their server and free targeted advertising, which causes the admins to slack off on RANDOM COMMUNITY ADVERTISEMENT such as on Elitepvpers or Facebook. That, again, is just another ACT FOR PROFIT, where big server admins think that they can save a lot of money because large guilds will attract a community for them... however this is not the reality whatsoever. If admins focused on both actual advertising AND big guilds, you have yourself a server with a massive population that receives only the benefits of big guilds, and makes it significantly harder for those guilds leaving the server, to kill it completely.
Like i said before the system itself relies on these big guilds which is why a big guild leaving the game results into the game simply dying upon exit, Most of the big guilds they play together and they farm crates and elixirs to sell it for silk scrolls in order to later on sell it for real money on black market without crates or silk scrolls its really hard for the server to actually have a pay2win econemy at the same as a server owner if you actually remove silk scrolls and crates you will never in a million years actually make a big server because 60% of the players who are playing just to milk the server for money will never touch your server and since the big servers can never remote crates or silk scrolls casual players should take the active to decision to not play these type of servers if they don't like the way it goes if they like it and enjoy it then by all means

Quote:
7.) Fake people - I don't really see an issue tbh. People fake their names to clear their past mistakes. This is a harsh and unforgiving community, if you fuck up, you're done. Just another reason why this community is so retarded, but anyways, fake name = clean slate = everyone has a chance. Everyone deserves a second chance, no matter how badly you fuck up. As long as you learn from your mistakes, then it is totally valid and okay imo. The only issue I see with fake names is that the same people dominate the scene and over-monopolize the server business for greed and personal gain.
The issue isn't with someone who fucked up and wants another chance i agree with you the community could be a bit harsh when it comes to judgements but the main issue is the scammers who scam people build a bad reputation and then make a new account with a new name to scam more people and at the current status of the community there are only scammers with fake names which is why communities on discord shouldn't allow just anyone to write "PROFESSTIONAL VSRO DEV OFFERING ALL SERVICES" advertising themselves even though they aren't trusted or even have anything to show their work because well they are fake accounts discord communites who are just giving dev roles to just about anyone are actually directly involved in people getting scammed the most recent example is how Acromus got scammed twice before they got to work with at least a half capable dev who also kinda did a terrible job in the end and got removed from the team.
Quote:
10.) Alchemy - there are so many good fixes for this issue: quests, NPCs for currencies, etc. The issue is that the community is not willing to adapt to a better change in the alchemy system, because the alchemy system is the core method of silk for silk sellers and smaller "business operatives" stationed as players. People have efficiently fixed this many times. It is a community issue and not a developmental one. Unfortunately that will never ever change... the server will not succeed without all 3 parts of the player community (donators, silk sellers, and non-donators) at least somewhat satisfied with the system.
Again we did that we did something that we tested for a long time before actually implementing and made sure its 100% balanced but you know what happened.
Thanks
5 Users
Old 08/11/2020, 10:22   #30

elite*gold: 0
Just having a server where they're not aiming for milking every single $ from your pocket + non-corrupted team would be enough. Not corrupted sv = no Futu/EG server = fair gameplay. Servers usually are way different than advertised, everything changed to suit guilds cause they're getting their ***** rekt