Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 21:41

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Why 99.8% of PSRO Servers Fail!

Discussion on Why 99.8% of PSRO Servers Fail! within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old 05/12/2014, 01:50   #61

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorNeoCortex View Post
This right there is a fine example of what I don't want in the server I have in mind. A bunch of children who can't speak/type proper English.
TRY TO WRITE M0BIL3PAYM3NT ..

Example: Mobilepayment

Edit: It's work Sorry something is wrong with here..
Yeah true word

Paym3ntW@ll

Old 05/12/2014, 06:14   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tustin1337 View Post
You can't just bring back the old scenes of isro. Oneday everything has to come to an end.
A great reminder that nothing lasts forever, but i believe that end has not yet come.

All great MMORPGS have a lifespan of [X]Amount of years before its inevitable death. "Rune Scape Online", "World of Warcraft", "International Silkroad Online", "Perfect World Online". These are still up and running, unfortunately with lower player base now.

It is coming to a point where in the next say... 10-20 years they will become obsolete unless they adapt to the new modern gaming genre, in which.. they will never be the same games again.

When i hear the word, "Back to the basics" i always *sigh*.. the true basic SilkRoad i once knew had no extra features, it was simply Grind, Alchemy and Job, the true basics. The only extra features that would be added and still be classed as "Basic" in my books are increasing the rates to say, anything under 30x.

I remember back in the good old days when we were farming with a Lv.16 SoX Bow at the "Bandit Fortress" trying to farm 30K SP so that we were full farmed.

Nostalgia.
Thanks
6 Users
Old 05/12/2014, 12:31   #63

elite*gold: 5
Received Thanks: 3,766
Another thing that annoys me, when people complain about an unprofessional team. Back in the day, remember ecsro, isro? They barely even had a team which was active for more than 5 minutes a month. But do you see people at iSRO globalling 'hh unprofessional team no unique plvl events bb!', I doubt it. It's events that ruin the server, because people join a server expecting unique events, pvp events, hide & seek and whatnot, when it's really not even neccessary. All you need to do is rid your server of bugs before you open it, and you don't even need staff, aside from 2 db editors who can work back to back (different timezones, when one sleeps, the other is awake) and violah.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 05/12/2014, 13:20   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteFox​ View Post
Another thing that annoys me, when people complain about an unprofessional team. Back in the day, remember ecsro, isro? They barely even had a team which was active for more than 5 minutes a month. But do you see people at iSRO globalling 'hh unprofessional team no unique plvl events bb!', I doubt it. It's events that ruin the server, because people join a server expecting unique events, pvp events, hide & seek and whatnot, when it's really not even neccessary. All you need to do is rid your server of bugs before you open it, and you don't even need staff, aside from 2 db editors who can work back to back (different timezones, when one sleeps, the other is awake) and violah.
True. But, as I said in previous post, p-sro community has been biased too much. Every single person (or at least the most of them) thinks that he's the most important, the strongest one, that without him the whole server/project is such a failure (and this is true for both admins and players). This kind of attitude is the one of the things that made this section so messy.
People forgot about cooperation and collaboration.

Remember this: "United we stand, divided we fall" / "L'Union fait la Force".
Old 05/12/2014, 13:41   #65

elite*gold: 20
Quote:
Professionality is not only about active/un-active team. There is a bunch of p-sro owners are doing lot of events in the same day, you could say every single hour a unique event. Professionality goes to the way they manage their server the way they pick up their team. How they do deal with stuff like scam cases/bug abuse issues. At least that is my opinion.
Old 05/12/2014, 15:56   #66

elite*gold: 275
Received Thanks: 1,156
Nobody said anything about Owners or Staff members respecting his community or threat the donators equal with non-donators people, which is one of the thing that I dislike on many pSRO servers. RESPECT is LOST!
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/12/2014, 17:15   #67

Quote:
I'm 100% with this. **** the events! These events don't belong in SRO and IF people enjoyed them so much then they shouldn't have a single reward for winning. The sad truth is most people don't actually like unique events,hide & seek and search & destroy events but they endure them to gain unfair privileges.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 05/12/2014, 18:08   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorNeoCortex View Post
I'm 100% with this. **** the events! These events don't belong in SRO and IF people enjoyed them so much then they shouldn't have a single reward for winning. The sad truth is most people don't actually like unique events,hide & seek and search & destroy events but they endure them to gain unfair privileges.
Agree.
I like the unique PVP in Sro, the FW, even CTF was fun.
I dont really care about the stuped unique events.
If you really want to kill a unique, it's more fun to find it alone in his spawn point.
Old 05/12/2014, 19:38   #69

elite*gold: 275
Received Thanks: 1,156
Quote:
Awww ECSRO I miss those times!
Old 05/13/2014, 06:33   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer™ View Post
Nobody said anything about Owners or Staff members respecting his community or threat the donators equal with non-donators people, which is one of the thing that I dislike on many pSRO servers. RESPECT is LOST!
Agreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

that's one of the main reasons that pservers fail.
Old 05/13/2014, 15:54   #71

Received Thanks: 1,412
Not only pservers fail, but even the official vsro lel

Not even they can protect themselves hue.
Old 05/13/2014, 16:15   #72

elite*gold: 27
the thing why pSRO fails is easy to explain...

Back in the MySRO/FJSRO,SJSRO,ECSRO times there where only a few servers.. So each server got so many players that they're crowded.

Back in the time where EliteSRO cames out with 2 Servers (Am i right?) The pSRO Servers are still crowded like ****.

At the time where the vSRO Files came Public and each little KRAL kid can make his own server with some $$ the pSRO Scene was Dead. Because there are More Servers than Players and the Options are Higher.. If u fail on one server with pimpin, FTW etc. you'll start on another to "Clean" your History. And then Servers get Online with 1337 Events blabla and go offline in 2-3 Months because players get bored and leave the server..

i hope u understand what i mean and pls ignore my english skills i dont write often in english
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/13/2014, 16:41   #73

Received Thanks: 1,412
Quote:
Originally Posted by raveSTAR* View Post
the thing why pSRO fails is easy to explain...

Back in the MySRO/FJSRO,SJSRO,ECSRO times there where only a few servers.. So each server got so many players that they're crowded.

Back in the time where EliteSRO cames out with 2 Servers (Am i right?) The pSRO Servers are still crowded like ****.

At the time where the vSRO Files came Public and each little KRAL kid can make his own server with some $$ the pSRO Scene was Dead. Because there are More Servers than Players and the Options are Higher.. If u fail on one server with pimpin, FTW etc. you'll start on another to "Clean" your History. And then Servers get Online with 1337 Events blabla and go offline in 2-3 Months because players get bored and leave the server..

i hope u understand what i mean and pls ignore my english skills i dont write often in english
Also it was Victor's mistake(from srokey who knows him) to share VSRO files with chernobyl because he was begging for them, when in reality Victor and Getz were the first ones to have them, if Victor wasn't stupid enough to give chernobyl the files it wouldn't have come to this.
Old 05/13/2014, 16:46   #74

elite*gold: 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ḟreaķỷ View Post
In one word;EGYPTIANS.
I am Egyptian.

On topic:
marketing your server ain't that cheap.
Most of pserver owners are just running it for an extra income since they think it's an easy money.They don't care about the server/players they don't care if the players are going down or up.
Community is divided among the 50~100 players servers.
Most of the professional teams are just lacking or they lost hope,some of them are just trying to show HOW PRO THEY ARE!.
Also one guy said it all, most of the players are following the "Herd behavior" since some of the players pretty dickheads, they think that staff members are helping another guild because they lost Fortress War or because a player in there guild got banned due to abusing the rules.

Anyway that's how most of the humans are.

Regards
Thanks
2 Users
Old 05/13/2014, 17:03   #75

elite*gold: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedNite View Post
Also it was Victor's mistake(from srokey who knows him) to share VSRO files with chernobyl because he was begging for them, when in reality Victor and Getz were the first ones to have them, if Victor wasn't stupid enough to give chernobyl the files it wouldn't have come to this.
imo its this.