Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 06:33

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Why 99.8% of PSRO Servers Fail!

Discussion on Why 99.8% of PSRO Servers Fail! within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Lightbulb Why 99.8% of PSRO Servers Fail!

My Findings ~

No matter how many special features they have, "Coins System", "Job Area", "Alchemy Rates", "Titles", etc. They will not survive no matter how good the system is.

In the many servers i have played, the past couple of months. I have found that the servers which fail 99.8%, seemingly have either 1 or more of the below.

Failed Marketing.

Admins Offline/AFK

False Advertisement

Bad Protection/ Servers

The Secret To Success ~

If you could barely read any of the texts above then you probably shouldn't open up a server nor respond. If you see anything above that you would like to debate, please so kindly respond below.

These are my findings and they are true to me as i have played on dozens of PServers to see the flow of population come and go.
Thanks
8 Users
Old 05/09/2014, 07:10   #2

elite*gold: 64
Received Thanks: 1,005
And even skalidor had BIIIIGG Problems at the beginning but still succeed like NO OTHER Private server. I don't really know what bring skalidor to fail at.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 05/09/2014, 07:35   #3

Received Thanks: 1,188
EliteSro
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/09/2014, 09:12   #4

elite*gold: 20
Less population is not always the result of failed marketing. The most pservers are made to get as much money as possible. In that case I agree.. But some are made just for fun, for a smaller group of players (like non botters). Those totally cant have a big amount of players but those exist for many years without problems
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/09/2014, 10:02   #5

I think you are absolutely 100% right.
Some dude a few weeks ago opened a thread here saying that he is about to
open a new server, and he wants to hear the community.
I wrote a long *** post, explaining what is WRONG in all of the servers currently -
My true sincere opinion. Most of the things i wrote actually were involved around what u wrote.

I got ignored ofc.
All i can wish to the new server owners is good luck.

I really think that before openning a server (Serious server ofc), the server owner should
recruit a team, that her job would be "Investigating" the market (AKA the forums here, or any other private server forums).

I've played a few dozens of private servers in the last summer and now i'm back.
Most of the servers were "ok", but nothing special.
There was only 1 server that i enjoyed playing
Thanks
2 Users
Old 05/09/2014, 11:35   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNhaLaToR View Post
Less population is not always the result of failed marketing. The most pservers are made to get as much money as possible. In that case I agree.. But some are made just for fun, for a smaller group of players (like non botters). Those totally cant have a big amount of players but those exist for many years without problems
I agree with you, some servers are made just for the few who like certain aspects of the said server.

But in this case, i am referring to the larger community.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al3xX View Post
I think you are absolutely 100% right.
Some dude a few weeks ago opened a thread here saying that he is about to
open a new server, and he wants to hear the community.
I wrote a long ass post, explaining what is WRONG in all of the servers currently -
My true sincere opinion. Most of the things i wrote actually were involved around what u wrote.

I got ignored ofc.
All i can wish to the new server owners is good luck.

I really think that before openning a server (Serious server ofc), the server owner should
recruit a team, that her job would be "Investigating" the market (AKA the forums here, or any other private server forums).

I've played a few dozens of private servers in the last summer and now i'm back.
Most of the servers were "ok", but nothing special.
There was only 1 server that i enjoyed playing
Very true, majority of the players in the Private Server Scene are ignored, mostly because the Server Owners do not know what they are doing. Only the small amount which is 0.2% of the Server Owners which do listen and create accordingly.

Most Server Owners come into this without knowing anything, that is probably why we have an abundance of failed servers. At least do some research and as you said, recruit team members who will collaborate effectively to produce a server comparable to EliteSRO or other successful PSRO Servers.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 05/09/2014, 12:25   #7

elite*gold: 5
Received Thanks: 3,766
Marketing > BETA Phase > Marketing > Excellent Protection > Server Start > Manual Events > ETC.

I'm pretty sure Skalidor's first events were automatic (to test the [BOT])
Old 05/09/2014, 12:50   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSocialAnomaly View Post
I agree with you, some servers are made just for the few who like certain aspects of the said server.

But in this case, i am referring to the larger community.

Very true, majority of the players in the Private Server Scene are ignored, mostly because the Server Owners do not know what they are doing. Only the small amount which is 0.2% of the Server Owners which do listen and create accordingly.

Most Server Owners come into this without knowing anything, that is probably why we have an abundance of failed servers. At least do some research and as you said, recruit team members who will collaborate effectively to produce a server comparable to EliteSRO or other successful PSRO Servers.
One more thing,
I don't know if you've noticed, But even the Server owners that want to hear the community- I think they're doing it in the wrong way.
Most of them ask "What extra features do you want to see in my server?"
I think, the question should be: "Why do you love Silkroad Online?".
I think successful private server should first fix the basics attributes of Sro (According to logic and according to what the players want and love), And only then you should add extra features that would make the gameplay more special.

I thought about it for some time when I stopped playing private servers last summer (Cuz of school) , And if i had the extra money and extra time i would have gathered my own team, and would open a private server.
But being a Server owner is a lot of commitment and hard work, and i don't want to disapoint myself and the players.
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/09/2014, 13:07   #9

I beg to differ about the GM's being online, take a look at isro. You never saw GMs online doing unique events and spawning krall mobs for all the little kids.. people should be just fine without a gm being online...
Thanks
3 Users
Old 05/09/2014, 13:25   #10

elite*gold: 85
Received Thanks: 1,643
Just look at the people that create those servers.

They are simply idiots. That's the best explanation for it.
Old 05/09/2014, 13:36   #11

elite*gold: 1
Received Thanks: 3,239
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubzy View Post
I beg to differ about the GM's being online, take a look at isro. You never saw GMs online doing unique events and spawning krall mobs for all the little kids.. people should be just fine without a gm being online...
Disagree with you.. You can't compare isro GMs with a private server one They're totally different just following the rules however it should be rare to see a GM on isro and it always happens in the christmas^^
Old 05/09/2014, 14:10   #12

elite*gold: 20
Well, i totally agree with you guys. Some new rules to be applied in psro advertising section would be good enough, of course it will not solve the problem completely but at least we will get rid of those dumb owners.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 05/09/2014, 14:24   #13

elite*gold: 3
In one word;EGYPTIANS.
Old 05/09/2014, 14:34   #14

elite*gold: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by InZiDeR View Post
And even skalidor had BIIIIGG Problems at the beginning but still succeed like NO OTHER Private server. I don't really know what bring skalidor to fail at.
Skalidor were ruined by bugs, one of my friend left skalidor(he failed items), then after one day he did 100b n he ain't get a ban, pff, he sold some gold for real money..

Also, if one guy did +9, people are frustrated why they can't do same.. So they trying and trying to get this fckin +9 and what? They're posting globals with words like this "**** server bad gm bb all" and they're quitting 10hours and also blaming other people ingame.

There is really a handful of people which are patient, well, some of sro players now has never played on isro, where to get something you had to play and play for few months to get a simply grab pet.
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/09/2014, 15:47   #15

In most cases people like this make a server to fail, because they KNOW what others need. When you know, do it.
It's not possible to do something good, without earning cash and spending all your time... for what? for arrogant players lol... they do not deserve this