Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 13:47

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

New Esro news..

Discussion on New Esro news.. within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Closed Thread

Old 08/02/2009, 01:04   #46

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,326
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeFierceFaggot View Post
Stable if you kno what your doing.
Then can you explain why Lyzerks emulator is about as stable as dsremu.
and why no emulator is fully complete and released?

His emulator isnt stable probably cause its missing some essentials still and any functions that he probably started were incomplete. Crashes are caused by incoded functions or wrong data being sent via packet to client, client just says "screw you, dont understand this data" then crashes.

Why no emulator is released. eh.
+ Amount of work required
+ Not many people have knowledge to in Silkroad Community
+ People are to lazy
+ Cant get enough developers and amount of work is far to great for 1 person so they give up.
Old 08/02/2009, 01:06   #47

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Well dsremu is pretty unstable....i guess its soo stable that everyone in the lyzerk c# thread is having soo many problems lol or runtimes errors.

The second question is easy not many ppl is interested in developing something for sro, it takes lots of time and most of them give up after they see the hugeeeee amount of work it needs to be done or they get stuck and they dont have any place to copy(sremu). Besides ppl that made the sremu got **** at everyone taking their code (GPL) and claiming it as theirs (copy/paste) soo they stopped working or is closed source now dunno.

Example of what i have seen so far trying to make a sroemu

if (skill == ch_combo)
{
number of hits = 2
give bleed and dull
can crit
can do aoe 200m
max targets 3
}
else if (skill == firebolt)
{
}
else if (skill == healing cycle)
{
}
else if .......

send packet b245 xD
after 10k lines of code later xD....**** i added support for all skills xD

that kind of code wont get you far, you can improve it but you gotta read and learn new stuff and it takes time to do so.
Old 08/02/2009, 01:19   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eckoro View Post
emulators are very stable if you know what your doing. You cant even make a judgement like that seeing as the only emulator you probably used was the undeveloped SREmu or extentions of the source.

I rarely post things like eSRO in these forums anymore cause its full of noobs like you who think you are so pro cause you can maybe do a few things with the PK2 which you might of found to be an accomplishment. I do not post eSRO on forums anymore.. why?, because there will always be noobish people like you with little understand on development. Go home and play with the SREmu source the only thing you will get closest too in operating a server.
is that right you tell other people not to post **** about your server because im getting really annoyed by all the threads about this dumb server
Old 08/02/2009, 01:23   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by joker309 View Post
is that right you tell other people not to post **** about your server because im getting really annoyed by all the threads about this dumb server

err there are hardly any threads about this "dumb" server as you call it, but I call you dumb.

if you just backtrack into this section you will see millions of "dumb" threads on less intelligent posts and threads than this more so. Go and flame in them.
Old 08/02/2009, 01:38   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by npcdoom View Post
Well dsremu is pretty unstable....i guess its soo stable that everyone in the lyzerk c# thread is having soo many problems lol or runtimes errors.

The second question is easy not many ppl is interested in developing something for sro, it takes lots of time and most of them give up after they see the hugeeeee amount of work it needs to be done or they get stuck and they dont have any place to copy(sremu). Besides ppl that made the sremu got **** at everyone taking their code (GPL) and claiming it as theirs (copy/paste) soo they stopped working or is closed source now dunno.

if (skill == ch_combo)
{
number of hits = 2
give bleed and dull
can crit
can do aoe 200m
max targets 3
}
{
}
{
}
else if .......

send packet b245 xD

that kind of code wont get you far, you can improve it but you gotta read and learn new stuff and it takes time to do so.
I know thats bassically just pseudo code (with C++ syntax) and you probably dont do it that way, but for a server emulator are you seriously going to have like 500 if/elseif's in a row? Wouldnt that be really slow and a big memory consumer? (when 1000+ people are using skills simultaneously).

Edit: Oh yes i see, thats how your saying others have done it (probably why they fail). Thanks for pointing that out dracek.
Old 08/02/2009, 01:42   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbrentonxx View Post
I know thats bassically just pseudo code (with C++ syntax) and you probably dont do it that way, but for a server emulator are you seriously going to have like 500 if/elseif's in a row? Wouldnt that be really slow and a big memory consumer? (when 1000+ people are using skills simultaneously).
  1. He pointed out that most servers do it this way
  2. It would be only **** and hard to change, nothing else. It has nearly nothing to do with memory consumption.
  3. *We would be happy if there were only 500 skills*
Old 08/02/2009, 02:18   #52

Quote:
err there are hardly any threads about this "dumb" server as you call it, but I call you dumb.

if you just backtrack into this section you will see millions of "dumb" threads on less intelligent posts and threads than this more so. Go and flame in them.
no ill keep posting on these threads and say **** about your server cuz i just plain dont like you lol and keep doing it till they close this thread
Old 08/02/2009, 02:26   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by joker309 View Post
no ill keep posting on these threads and say **** about your server cuz i just plain dont like you lol and keep doing it till they close this thread
Why do you not like "me" or our "development project" ?
Old 08/02/2009, 03:37   #54

Quote:
Why do you not like "me" or our "development project" ?
He is probably the type that like to get (aka bot) to lvl 90 in as much (30x) servers as possible.

He wont be able to do this on a bot free server with "low" rates.
Old 08/02/2009, 08:09   #55

Received Thanks: 1,609
Quote:

1. That lyzerks emulator crash alot because of sky clicking. But thats easily fixed

Bool move = reader.boolean();
Type (move)
{
//Movement packet.
}
Else
{

}

That would fix crashes while moving.

2. Dsremu is much more unstable just because it's VB6, it's a memory eating monster, it's full of useless junk etc.

3. Your the biggest no0b in this forum.

4. Lyzerk was using some incorrect functions

5. No full emulator's released because of nubz like you.
Old 08/02/2009, 08:26   #56

Kinda dont get this e-drama... lol
Why people like ColeFierceFaggot or joker309 are *******' on any thread..
You are haters, you hate anything and anyone who is trying to do something great.

Seriously, why do you lamers cry for attention ? No RL ? Friends ? Whats the friggin problem ? Go and do something more usefull than participating on threads and flame ppl for their great work.

Lowlifes.
Old 08/02/2009, 15:37   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by npcdoom View Post

if (skill == ch_combo)
{
number of hits = 2
give bleed and dull
can crit
can do aoe 200m
max targets 3
}
{
}
{
}
else if .......

send packet b245 xD

my realesed emulator big mistake. never i dont share files. c#emulator I've created in 1 week.
and i am done chinnese skill %95 in 500 lines ^^
Old 08/02/2009, 15:43   #58

Quote:

You call every server which is released and has a possibility of becoming a very popular server Fake. Why? Because you think your crappy little emulator can get further than any other private server can, Why? Because you think your server will be the best, let me tell you one thing eckoro, your server will never be as good as the current ones. Face it, the furthest you'll get is being able to spawn a mob on dsremu. Yeah, I admit it I may not know **** about C++, c# whatever, because I'm not a loser who spends all day on his computer trying to make a private server that elitepvpers will never see.

#End
Old 08/02/2009, 17:23   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arukado View Post
You call every server which is released and has a possibility of becoming a very popular server Fake. Why? Because you think your crappy little emulator can get further than any other private server can, Why? Because you think your server will be the best, let me tell you one thing eckoro, your server will never be as good as the current ones. Face it, the furthest you'll get is being able to spawn a mob on dsremu. Yeah, I admit it I may not know **** about C++, c# whatever, because I'm not a loser who spends all day on his computer trying to make a private server that elitepvpers will never see.

#End
Probably because most of them, make a page, ask for donation, sell items before even opening the server, photoshop pics, post pics from other sro servers,etc.

If we are a looser who make stuff....what makes you then, since you, want to use or play what the loosers make??????

Anyways your out of topic...just flamming without actual proof and it makes you look bad.
Old 08/02/2009, 17:44   #60

Just because you haven't asked for a donation YET doesn't mean you aren't fakes lol.
Closed Thread