Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 13:10

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Demo: Autowalk

Discussion on Demo: Autowalk within the SRO Coding Corner forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old 04/30/2021, 01:56   #16

elite*gold: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by qoaway View Post
best strategy to autowalk is always execute A* in parts, so as a result you wont have to load the whole map and solves packet loss and server lagging problem
I see, so his way will definitely mess up on that condition.
Old 04/30/2021, 03:45   #17

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsnip3r View Post
I send the move request. Once the server responds that movement has begun, I calculate the time required to reach the destination.
Quote:
Originally Posted by #HB View Post
Wouldn't it fail to reach its destination if you had packet loss or server was lagging?
It's self explanatory, it won't fail even with lag.
Of course, time calculations must be accurate.
Old 04/30/2021, 04:35   #18

Quote:
Wouldn't it fail to reach its destination if you had packet loss or server was lagging?
You send a packet that says "move to pos x,y" and then the server responds with "character moving to x,y". If you have packet loss then I guess you'll just need to detect a timeout for the response from the server (which I have implemented). As far as lag, that's not really an issue. That's just gonna result in less fluid movement.
Old 04/30/2021, 05:10   #19

elite*gold: 147
Quote:
You send a packet that says "move to pos x,y" and then the server responds with "character moving to x,y". If you have packet loss then I guess you'll just need to detect a timeout for the response from the server (which I have implemented). As far as lag, that's not really an issue. That's just gonna result in less fluid movement.
interesting you planning to publish it ?
Old 04/30/2021, 15:42   #20

Quote:
I see, so his way will definitely mess up on that condition.
"TCP guarantees delivery of data and also guarantees that packets will be delivered in the same order in which they were sent."

Though I've seen cases where the server seems to ignore my request. Maybe traffic throttling or something

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimbum* View Post
interesting you planning to publish it ?
The pathfinding algorithm is open sourced:

I've also open sourced a nice visualization tool
Thanks
5 Users
Old 04/30/2021, 20:48   #21

elite*gold: 100
Quote:
Aha, I got you. I thought you were calculating time after your request not after receiving a response.
Old 05/06/2021, 19:46   #22

Now I'm testing with more characters, more complex regions, and faster speed. It's still behaving flawlessly:

Thanks
3 Users